AdvancePierre Foods

AdvancePierre Foods Employer Reviews

Productive workplace with good co workers
Machine Operator/Line Lead (Former Employee), Claremont, NCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free meals when production was met
Cons: late on yearly reviews
Enjoyed working with co-workers during the time I was there. Most supervisors did very well with there jobs.
A typical work shift 11 PM to 7 AM.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Amherst, OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: the work routine was consistant and organized.
Cons: we worked in cold conditions without appropriate gloves.
The shift began with printing paperwork that reflected the production materials requirements for the next day. This printout showed us what materials were needed and the production line breakdown.
As soon as the second shift ended their shift I inspected the forklift and completed the safety checklist. Using the printed pick list I proceeded to pull – more... materials for the next production day shift. This took approximately four to five hours. A fifteen minute break was taken at 2 AM. Then at 4 AM a 1/2 lunch break was required.
Coming back from lunch break there were incoming trucks that needed to be unloaded. This usually consumed the rest of the work shift. If time permitted I would sweep and clean the loading dock area. – less
good company
quality records reviewer (Former Employee), 9990 princeton glendale rdJune 20, 2014
liked my job very much..worked long hours and lots of paperwork very detailed
Good people who try hard
Senior Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Claremont, NCJune 2, 2014
Good products and people. Typically day is 6:30 am to 5:30pm.
Most enjoyable part of day is when production looks happy and good products are being produced. Roughest part of day is when something breaks down and the schedule has to be changed.
great place
Transfer/Packer (Former Employee), Enid, OKMay 9, 2014
great co-workers, decent fast paced workplace, decent management and great hours
Micromanagement, no team players
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Enid, OKApril 22, 2014
Pros: sign on bonus
Cons: short healthcare
The leadership in the work environment was lacking in areas. Employee's were all great people and learned fast.
Good Place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Springdale, OHApril 14, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
It was fun place to work friendly people, just was not making what i was told and i moved out of state
A company that does not encourage or reward leadership from real industry experience. They prefer not to rock the boat rather than improve
Former Employee (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2014
Management recognizes those in senior levels that are the loudest rather than those that have the most experience. The company does not reward innovation or increased productivity ideas. They have senior levels (VP's and above) that silence great ideas or opportunities for improvement or cost savings. Those that remain in the company are those that – more... do not rock the boat and those that are ok to let mistakes reach the end-user as long as they continue to get paid. The company has a few people running the show yet they are the least qualified. They are supplier lead and allow the suppliers to dictate design and materials/ingredients regardless on if this is correct or best for the company. The company is VERY old-school, and there is certainly a lack of excitement and energy. There is a real fear to open your mouth even if you are the most knowledgeable in that specific discipline or area of expertise. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN ENVIROMENT
HANDWRAPPER,QUALITY CONTROL (Former Employee), AMHERST OHMarch 29, 2014
ASSEMBLE WORK PEOPLE ARE GREAT AND PRODUCTIVE TEAM IS A HUGE FACTOR IN THE PRODUCTION PROCESS AND COMMUNICATION IS KEY TO WHY WE CREATED SUCCESS EVERYDYAY
nice people
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: tempture
a typical day at work consisted of packing meat palletizing and cleaning branding irons how they processed the food cold learned to run a machine
Chill place where I felt relaxed.
Packer (Former Employee), Enid, OKMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, charge food to your account.
Cons: points system.
I would arrive at work about 10 minute prior to my clock in time, get my gear on, and head out on the floor to see what we were doing that day before clocking in. My supervisor was very lazy and made his line leaders and employees make all of his decisions for him. My co-workers were very hardworking and I got along with them very well. I really enjoyed – more... when I was allowed to just pack, without running around doing everyone else's job. It freed my mind. – less
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Health/Safety Admin. Assistant/ Interpreter (Former Employee), Enid, OKMarch 4, 2014
On a weekly basis, I interpreted for prospective and current employees, aided facility nurse, handled insurance claims, maintained employee records, and accompanied employees to medical appointments. My supervisors were a joy to work for and they were very compassionate. The most difficult part of the job was filing paperwork, since the work day could – more... drastically change due to immediate needs. I enjoyed being a voice to the employees as an interpreter and allowing everyone to communicate. – less
A company trying to grow
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 22, 2014
The hours were 6:30am to 3-4:00pm. Matching invoices and bols.
Working 2 billing systems, multiple computer screens and conversing by email correspondence between vendors and the plants quickly. Very easy to work with. Sometimes it was uneasy getting answers on tough questions or problems. I enjoyed the work and the same routine daily but with different – more... problems to break up the any monotony. – less
Good Place to Work
Executive Assistant & Office Manager (Current Employee), Edmond, OKFebruary 12, 2014
Becoming a little more corporate, but good overall. Have learned a lot while working here and made some really good friends.
enjoyable, challenging place to work
Cost Accounting (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2014
Pierre gave me alot of opportunities to advance and learn the company
Highly production incentive company.
Entry level (Former Employee), Claremont, NCJanuary 8, 2014
Very fast pace company who can leave you behind if you don't catch up.
Great advancement opportunity
Quality Assurance Technician/QC (Former Employee), Enid, OKJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: off holidays and weekends
Cons: cold work enviroment
With hard work; it was easy to advance to better jobs. Friendly work environment. Seeing the process for food packaging was exciting.
No clue how this company is still in business
Account Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2013
Pros: paycheck?
Cons: hostile, low pay, long hours, outdated equipment, poor management, no chance of advancement.
A typical day is working with never ending insanity, endless email chains, and completely clueless co-workers. A few employees have great knowledge of the company and how to get things done but they typically hide this fact or they would be training people non-stop.
The computer systems are a mess and most employees receive little if any training. The – more... datawarehouse and other systems were out of date decades ago. It takes layer after layer of menus to find anything. As though this were not challenging enough, you will see the same metrics on different menus but you will have access to only one of the paths.
Furthermore, if you check the same metrics on different systems you will find the numbers don't often match. Thankfully, accounting firms have been focusing on "soft skills" such as hand shaking, and not "hard skills" such as the application of complex accounting rules - or this company would never pass the annual audit.
The environment is hostile as most employees fear for their jobs after the numerous layoffs. People are thrown under the bus on a regular basis. Management seems unwilling to step in and stop the madness even if it has reached ridiculous proportions. People are yelled as and called out on the carpet for things they are not responsible for and management usually pours gasoline on the situation, instead of telling employees to chill out or whom they should contact. Given the number of office/plant closings/layoffs - I guess they have other things to do.
At almost every level employees are treated like dirt. Plant employees are being replaced by temps, many times spending hours waiting unpaid, sent home, or pushed to make up for some worn out machine's breakdown. Office workers are often pushed to make up for endless layoffs and management is consolidating overhead staff in states with terrible records of supporting any basic employee's rights.
My only solace is looking for another job and my boss and I cover for each other as we interview in our cars. – less
it was a good experience
Material operator (Current Employee), Enid, OKDecember 14, 2013
liked my job, would like to find one more similiar in oklahoma city
I loved my Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Enid, OKOctober 17, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: home time
I put in years here and made it all the way to a supervisor, changed shifts and these ppl fabricated lies and suspended me for following company policy, and while on suspension fabricated more lies and let me go. I loved my job and the ppl. I know now the feelings where not mutaul.

1 2 3

About AdvancePierre Foods

AdvancePierre Foods is a leading supplier of value-added protein and handheld convenience products to the foodservice, school, – Read more