AdvancePierre Foods Employee Reviews

Leadership is Hit or Miss
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHAugust 15, 2016
Vision of future from CEO is solid, Foodservice division is well led with clear path for growth and opportunity. Retail division is messy, constant change in leadership with no clear vision. New management team seems lost and has turned over middle management with less experienced, less knowledgeable personnel. If it's a Foodservice or Food Scientist position, great place to be, if it's in retail, run.
Pros
Strong growth with the IPO, CEO has a clear, achievable vision
Cons
Retail division has leadership issues, career advancement is limited
Yolo
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHAugust 8, 2016
Relax, most of it isn't real..

Rate this company

*required

Overall rating*

The following error occurred:
•Your Review doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. Please adjust and resubmit.
great atmosphere, welcomed new ideas and concepts
Indirect /Packaging Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2016
a stress free environment, leadership team open to listening to new concepts and directions for the company. Open door policy is welcome. Lots of freedom to develop new goals and directions.
Overall good place to start working
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  54th Street EnidJune 27, 2016
I worked for Advance on 54th St for about 7 months as a dock hand, I enjoyed my time with the dock crew. Everyone took the time to train and work with me, the management was ok as long as you work hard and be present there won't be problems. A typical day for a dock Hand included working inside the food production plant taking completed pallets wrapping them with an auto pallet wrapper labelling them and putting them in the freezer. Another day you could be working on a forklift organizing and pulling product out of the freezer, and another day working on the dock pulling orders and loading refrigerated trailers with a forkilft. My favorite part was working on the dock but that will happen when you're ready and used to trailers he system, least favorite was the freezer but it was the easiest part, the team rotates every week (1 week in plant, 1 in freezer, 1 in dock and so on)
Pros
Great organization, friendly co-workers, almost always no work Sundays
Cons
Sometimes too demanding supervisors. Cold sometimes
Productive & fast paced
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCApril 13, 2016
I really liked working at Pierre. My daughter had a doctors appt I gave notice the supervisor forgot to write it on the calendar and I was laid off for a no call no show.
Pros
fast paced, good food, employee discounts, very clean work enviroment
Cons
poor management, play favorites, very rude to employees
You are a number to this company
Blend Tech (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 16, 2016
The job was alright until new management took over. If you get hired in formulation you barely get a break if your line is not keeping up with meat. Management will rotate the front all day. If you are not caught up do not expect to get a break. Right now if you are a operator they will force you to become a blend tech. Once you do it they will not let you get out of it. If you get in trouble with write ups you cannot transfer out what so ever. The people are great. The management only likes to make the formulation department jobs more difficult. If you come to work here watch your back.
Pros
People
Cons
constant changes for the worst.
Buckle in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 21, 2016
Politics killed this place. used to be great until the merge .. top heavy and it fell over.. only want the money... people are happy to have the jobs there. glad it is still in business for the town
Pros
No one died while I was there
Cons
They merged with the big city people
great work enviroment with dependable co-workers
spotter (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 8, 2016
Most days can be fast paced. Maintaining equipment, moving trailers and keeping movement logs make a full day of work. The general manager has an open door policy and is always available to listen and work with employees. When someone is sick, the other employees in my section are always willing to pitch in and help
Pros
great medical benefits and staff
Cons
some outdated equipment.(however many of those are being updated)
when it was Advance Foods it was great
maintenance/welder (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 16, 2016
I only had two jobs in the 14 years I was there in maintenance. when it changed owners so did the job culture. the last 3 years was not a good place to work
Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 12, 2016
I was hired into a salary position. Salary I thought meant working 40 hours with occasional overtime. Management wants their employees to work at least 50 hours and in most cases 60 hour work weeks. Make sure you know their expectations before you except a position. People are very nice and friendly. Work is pleasant
Pros
Really nice people
Cons
Work/personal life balance
Fast paced and productive
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Amherst, OHJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work consists of a fast-paced shipping and receiving environment, loading outbound trucks and unloading inbound trucks. The majority of the day is spent in a freezer and safety is paramount. Must know and utilize personal protective equipment, as well as tag and lock-out. Team work plays a major role.

The hardest part of the job is working in frigid temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to utilize one's skills.
Great Benefits
Manager of Regulatory Affairs & Compliance (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 25, 2016
It is hard work being in the food manufacturing business and a lot of days there are long hours. They do have a good compensation package (benefits).
Pros
Good Insurance
Very busy
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 19, 2016
Very busy but made the day go by faster, was a great job with benefits and good management. Understanding of person issues.
Pros
Lunch program
Cons
Very cold
Great Co-workers with great attiudes
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Butler County, OHApril 11, 2016
As long as everyone is doing there job a typical workday is very enjoyable, I learned how to interact with different ethnic groups of people a revolving door of co-workers and management listening and learning everyone's views, My supervisor was very understand he listened and learned from his employees and let us do our jobs as we understand them. The upper management is very unaware of production workers and there jobs, Upper management is very closed minded, The hardest part of the job is constantly have to train new employees and new management to learn my job and also do my job at the same time witch is distracting when Machine Operation requires a lot of attention to detail, Most enjoyable part of my job is positive co-workers who are determined to do the best at there jobs and keep a great attitude and having great teamwork with fellow employees. Making sure we completed our schedule is everyone's job.
Pros
Sometimes I would recive free lunch at the cafiteria at our company
Cons
Always doing more than what the job required such as, doing a 2 man job in order to take breaks on a daily bases
Honest work and good work enviroment
Bread Runner (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCFebruary 13, 2016
Fast paced work. Good co-workers that are hard working. Management was firm but good. Enjoyed that the services went towards our military forces, schools.
Pros
Three breaks
Cons
Healthcare
I gained a lot of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience.
Maintenance Mechanic/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKOctober 15, 2015
My review is very good. It was a great opportunity that I am grateful for everyday. It was a solid life experience. The best part was being able to practice my administrative skills when it comes to parts requisition, procurement of materials, and a host of other skillsets.
long hours cold work environment
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJanuary 3, 2016
long working hours six and seven days a week cold work environment great people to work with pay is very good for this area
work 7 days a week
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCSeptember 14, 2015
It is a ok place to work. I worked their almost a year in maintenance and I was on 7 days a week 13 to 14 hours a day no vacation and no time off it got old after awhile not being able to have days off and getting worked to death.
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
spend more time at work than at home
some employees were great to work with
Packer/Sandwich Assembly (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCJuly 16, 2015
jobs was fast pace, always kept me busy, the other employees were great to work with and help time go by quickly, there were many safety rules which is great for employees especially being around food, some of the employees were rude including some managers but not all. over all the company had great benefits and a company nurse
Pros
great benefits and some employees
Cons
very strict on the body not a lot of movement expect the arms
Great place to work and gain further knowledge
54th Street Facility - Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Enid, OklahomaJuly 7, 2015
I enjoy working at Advance and have gained a lot of knowledge in further processing. I currently work any where from 8 to 10 hours and manage 12 employees and one lab tech. Since my time with the company our customers complaints have dropped significantly, rework pounds and pounds on hold has significantly dropped. I have also learned so much more in regards to HACCP and SQF. I am both HACCP trained and an SQF practitioner.
Pros
6th and 7th day pay, gain sharing bonus potential, have their own clinic

2.8