Advancial Federal Credit Union

Advancial Federal Credit Union Employer Reviews

Inhibited culture
Ex-employee (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: company culture
I should have walked after my first day when I was shown the "funny" videos Advancial employees were forced to make in which they lip synched, in silly costumes, to various tunes. I suppose that was required as a team-building exercise. I thought it was ridiculous and humiliating.

The culture is very inhibited and straight-laced. If you dare to have – more... a frustrating moment that makes you utter a (gasp!) 4-letter word, you'll be called on the carpet for "inappropriate" language, bad attitude, etc. And co-workers will tattle to the boss if you step out of bounds in this manner. So, if you like the culture of Pleasantville, you'll like it at Advancial. I found the atmosphere to be artificial, unrealistic and suffocating.

Advancial works on a bonus system that is based on goal-setting and earning "points". I was not impressed. Either I'm doing a good job, or I'm not. I felt this system involved a lot of jumping through hoops for appearances sake.

The salary was just okay, certainly you can make the same or better money elsewhere. For most employees there is little room for advancement. Insurance was okay. They do contribute a nice amount to your 401k, but they want you to contribute x amount as well, whether you can afford it or not.

Time off was nothing for six months and then you could ask for a week off, but I'd already heard grumblings from co-workers about their vacation requests being denied for various reasons. Really? Nice way to treat those hard-working employees.

Sick time... should you dare to be sick, you have to call your supervisor AT HOME and beg off. Geez, it was like being in kindergarten. I'm rarely out sick, but I resented that. Most places have a call in system where you simply leave a message. With HIPPA laws, I really shouldn't have to justify my very occasional sick days to anyone.

I can't speak for their other locations, but the Dallas office is very poorly designed. Each floor has a few outer offices for the higher ups and then one big open area of cubicles. The employees sitting at cubicles have the added pleasure of listening to the nearby toilets flush all day. Plus, some of the employees do phone work ALL DAY and are really LOUD. It could really be distracting and annoying. As far as nearby restaurants... there aren't any. Be prepared to walk a long way just for a sandwich.

On the positive side... at 4:59 all employees are racing for the door. You probably won't ever work any overtime (mostly because they don't want to pay you for it). – less
Advancial Daily Duties
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TxJanuary 27, 2014
I was the supervisor for the call center which started at 2 reps and grew to 10 over a period of 5 years. I would pull daily reports and would speak with the reps to find out how to improve their production.

I loved this company but left for an opporunity with greater growth.
BEST company to work for!
Employee (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2013
By far the BEST company I have worked for. The benefits are amazing, and the compensation is great. Overall the culture is what I enjoy most. Employees, Managers, and Executives are friendly and willing to help out all the time.
Phenomenal Company to Work For
Corporate Employee (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great leadership and very family oriented
If you want to work for a company that cares about its longevity and believes that happy, content employees lead to a productive and harmonious environment, then Advancial is where I would recommend you go. I've worked for many companies and there is no where I feel safer or happier. No other company has given me the opportunity or tools to grow and – more... advance my career like Advancial has. They believe in promoting from within before outsourcing and they believe in praising hard work. They believe in leading by example and being the best leaders they can be; this management style is very refreshing. I love that it's my work that is rewarded and to me, that is invaluable.

Aside from loving the management style, I love the healthy lifestyle tools that Advancial promotes. I love that they put 8% into my 401k, they provide with me with dirt cheap life, dental and vision insurance and I love that they paid for most of my college degree.

If you don't want a job, but you want a career, a place to call home, come to Advancial. – less
The Best
Employee (Current Employee), DallasDecember 31, 2012
Pros: competitive pay, outstanding benefits and fun work culture
I was suprised to read any negative reviews about Advancial. Advancial is truly the best place I have ever worked. I have never seen an organization care so much about the satisfaction and treatment of their employees. We are well taken care of with excellent benefits and competitive pay, AND we have a lot of fun. There are very few organizations that – more... can/will take their ENTIRE organization on a trip with no expenses required on behalf of the employee. Those types of activities are just an additional bonus to the already great atmosphere. – less
Best Employer I've EVER Had
Employee (Current Employee), DallasNovember 8, 2012
Pros: fantastic benefits, fun place to work, they care about me.
Cons: just sorry i didn't come her sooner.
It's hard to believe that the two previous postings refer to the place where I work. Advancial is amazing - and in a good way. Pay is fair, benefits are fantastic, we do fun things all the time. They really do care about the employees. We get top rankings in "Best Companies" contests every year, so most of our employees must be happy. I love Advancial – more... and would recommend it highly. – less
Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2012
Pros: great corporate culture, really care about employees, amazing benefits
Cons: smaller organization so limits to upward mobility
Advancial has a wonderful work environment and really focuses on making work fun. The company truely cares for its employees through its actions, open communication and strong employee benefits such as contributing 8% to your 401(k) without requiring any employee contribution. That kind of benefit alone is just not found in many companies anymore. Management – more... is open to new ideas and takes time to solicit feedback. Our CEO visits with EVERY employee one-on-one each year to personally see how things are going and find out what can be done to improve the company. Several changes I suggested were later implemented and making a difference. Although a large credit union, the company has a smaller organizational structure, so there are not a lot of layers of management. This is good (not a lot of red tape) and bad (limits to mobility), but when opportunities do come up, the company is open to giving employees a chance even though they may lack direct experience. Overall, it would be hard to find a better employer. – less
Horrible To Work For
CEO (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 25, 2012
Pros: i got a paycheck on a regular basis.
Cons: advancial sucks.
Advancial sucks. Do not work here if you care about your career. Working here is career suicide! They don't care about you at all. They just care about the board. That's it! You're all alone there. Nobody to talk to; nobody to figure out what's going on. I'm amazed they're still in business.
Never Again
I'd rather not share my title (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: nothing special.
Cons: people not really knowing how to manage others.
I would NEVER recommend working here. No vacation for a year (yes, that means 365 days). The AVP over my area is terrible. Very inconsistent in the communication and not open to feedback. No, and I mean NO, room for advancement. If you're looking for a company to go nowhere fast, this is it. There were inconsistencies in their processes and lots of – more... favoritism shown towards other employees. – less

AnonymousEmployee – May 25, 2012

I agree! If you're looking for a job, look somewhere else!