Advancial Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Advancial Federal Credit Union
Bankruptcy Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
**STAY AWAY FROM ASSET MANAGEMENT AT THIS COMPANY**
The Asset Management AVP is very, very hard to work for, unreasonable unwilling to accept any recommendations to make any processes better. H.R. is unwilling to listen or act on any concerns employees have with this AVP. Everyone in the company knows this ONE AVP runs off all employees in the Bankruptcy position and no one has been able to stay in that position for very long because of this unreasonable bipolar manager. She will train you to do something one way then the next time she will change it and says you misunderstood. Any and all projects she tells you to do she expects you to figure it out, no direction, no training. For some reason all the people in power there that can do something about this AVP do nothing. Work Life balance is good but the AVP requires doctor's notes for anyone she's not buddy buddy with. There is little room for career advancement or training. Overall the company is a good company but if you work in the Asset Management group you are in a whole different world, the AVP makes up her own policies and procedures regardless of what the company allows. The company tries to engage it's employees and get them involved in volunteering in the community but again the AVP has the last word on if you can participate or not. Worst possible AVP ever!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Worst AVP ever

Comment – December 4, 2015

At Advancial, we try to please ALL our employees. While we know that’s an impossible goal, feedback from our employees has earned us “Best Companies” ratings from Texas Monthly for 5 years in a row. We are aware of this former employee’s dissatisfaction; however, it would not be appropriate for us to respond regarding her specific situation. We respect her opinions and her right to express them, and wish her the best in her future endeavors.

Easily the best place I've ever worked!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2015
This is round two for me at Advancial. This is a growing trend here. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate a company until you leave and experience other banks. During the six years I was gone I learned to truly appreciate what I had at Advancial. I applied for the first branch management position to come open externally since leaving. This says something if people are sticking in their positions so long and when there is an opening it's going to internal candidates first. I actually came back to Advancial in the middle of a pregnancy and they worked with me. I would have never done that at any other company and felt comfortable! People that have complained below about no upward movement are incredibly incorrect. If anything, I would say some employees do feel this way because there is SO much movement that expectations of getting a promotion based solely on tenure does exist here. That simply doesn't cut it and having those type of expectations is simply ridiculous.

Advancial has several avenues where employees can provide personal input and changes can be made. Through the President's Circle, Bright Ideas, BOC Committee and the annual one on one with the CEO. There are constant changes and updates to better the company. The CEO is fun and friendly to everyone. Very few companies will you ever even see the CEO in person and this one not only do you see but you may even see him in a crazy costume! He's also extremely professional when needed and very innovative. Not a mix you normally get to see altogether.

The benefits at Advancial are unheard of these days. 8% in your 401K
  more... even if you put in 0%... whatttt?? They also create a fun atmosphere to work in. When I saw the negative review concerning the videos shown at orientation I literally laughed out loud. Sadly, no employees were forced into creating those... we are just that crazy! Advancial is about work hard- play hard. There are goals that need to be met but they are for the most part reasonable and attainable. They have a paid for annual all employee celebration, branch manager meeting and holiday and summer event. They even make up holidays just for fun. Ever heard of S'mores Day? If you can't find a way to enjoy and appreciate what this company offers its employees then it's probably not the place for you!  less
Pros
Benefits and atmosphere are awesome!
Cons
Some long tenured negative employees
Voted Best Place to Work for a reason...
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2014
Advancial is not the typical Credit Union. Advancial has excellent benefits and are improving on those wonderful benefits every year.
The President/CEO is amazing, he takes a very active role in all facets of the organization, and remembers small details of conversations I have had with him. It really made me feel like a valued member of the team.

The hardest part about working at Advancial is that the departments can be a little cliquish, but that is due to a lot of the employees being with the company a long time and becoming good friends.

Advancial contributes a lot to the employees 401k, and the benefits are good and very inexpensive. There are fun activites all the time; eco bingo, wellness walks, gift card drawings. You are given two days of volunteer time to use each year.

Advancial is pretty goal driven, but if you met your goals there is a monetary bonus, so bring on the goals! The goals are also supposed to push you a little so you can learn and grow in your career.

A great thing about Advancial is the enviroment is so happy and friendly, the down side to that is if you are in a bad mood or a little cranky you are going to stick out, so sometimes you just have to put a happy face on, but having to be nice to people isn't that bad.
Pros
culture and benefits
Cons
high expectations
Inhibited culture
Ex-employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2014
I should have walked after my first day when I was shown the "funny" videos Advancial employees were forced to make in which they lip synched, in silly costumes, to various tunes. I suppose that was required as a team-building exercise. I thought it was ridiculous and humiliating.

The culture is very inhibited and straight-laced. If you dare to have a frustrating moment that makes you utter a (gasp!) 4-letter word, you'll be called on the carpet for "inappropriate" language, bad attitude, etc. And co-workers will tattle to the boss if you step out of bounds in this manner. So, if you like the culture of Pleasantville, you'll like it at Advancial. I found the atmosphere to be artificial, unrealistic and suffocating.

Advancial works on a bonus system that is based on goal-setting and earning "points". I was not impressed. Either I'm doing a good job, or I'm not. I felt this system involved a lot of jumping through hoops for appearances sake.

The salary was just okay, certainly you can make the same or better money elsewhere. For most employees there is little room for advancement. Insurance was okay. They do contribute a nice amount to your 401k, but they want you to contribute x amount as well, whether you can afford it or not.

Time off was nothing for six months and then you could ask for a week off, but I'd already heard grumblings from co-workers about their vacation requests being denied for various reasons. Really? Nice way to treat those hard-working employees.

Sick time... should you dare to be sick, you have to call your supervisor AT HOME and beg off. Geez, it was
  more... like being in kindergarten. I'm rarely out sick, but I resented that. Most places have a call in system where you simply leave a message. With HIPPA laws, I really shouldn't have to justify my very occasional sick days to anyone.

I can't speak for their other locations, but the Dallas office is very poorly designed. Each floor has a few outer offices for the higher ups and then one big open area of cubicles. The employees sitting at cubicles have the added pleasure of listening to the nearby toilets flush all day. Plus, some of the employees do phone work ALL DAY and are really LOUD. It could really be distracting and annoying. As far as nearby restaurants... there aren't any. Be prepared to walk a long way just for a sandwich.

On the positive side... at 4:59 all employees are racing for the door. You probably won't ever work any overtime (mostly because they don't want to pay you for it).
Pros
insurance
Cons
company culture
Advancial Daily Duties
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxJanuary 27, 2014
I was the supervisor for the call center which started at 2 reps and grew to 10 over a period of 5 years. I would pull daily reports and would speak with the reps to find out how to improve their production.

I loved this company but left for an opporunity with greater growth.
BEST company to work for!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2013
By far the BEST company I have worked for. The benefits are amazing, and the compensation is great. Overall the culture is what I enjoy most. Employees, Managers, and Executives are friendly and willing to help out all the time.
Phenomenal Company to Work For
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2013
If you want to work for a company that cares about its longevity and believes that happy, content employees lead to a productive and harmonious environment, then Advancial is where I would recommend you go. I've worked for many companies and there is no where I feel safer or happier. No other company has given me the opportunity or tools to grow and advance my career like Advancial has. They believe in promoting from within before outsourcing and they believe in praising hard work. They believe in leading by example and being the best leaders they can be; this management style is very refreshing. I love that it's my work that is rewarded and to me, that is invaluable.

Aside from loving the management style, I love the healthy lifestyle tools that Advancial promotes. I love that they put 8% into my 401k, they provide with me with dirt cheap life, dental and vision insurance and I love that they paid for most of my college degree.

If you don't want a job, but you want a career, a place to call home, come to Advancial.
Pros
great benefits, great leadership and very family oriented
The Best
Employee (Current Employee) –  DallasDecember 31, 2012
I was suprised to read any negative reviews about Advancial. Advancial is truly the best place I have ever worked. I have never seen an organization care so much about the satisfaction and treatment of their employees. We are well taken care of with excellent benefits and competitive pay, AND we have a lot of fun. There are very few organizations that can/will take their ENTIRE organization on a trip with no expenses required on behalf of the employee. Those types of activities are just an additional bonus to the already great atmosphere.
Pros
competitive pay, outstanding benefits and fun work culture
Best Employer I've EVER Had
Employee (Current Employee) –  DallasNovember 8, 2012
It's hard to believe that the two previous postings refer to the place where I work. Advancial is amazing - and in a good way. Pay is fair, benefits are fantastic, we do fun things all the time. They really do care about the employees. We get top rankings in "Best Companies" contests every year, so most of our employees must be happy. I love Advancial and would recommend it highly.
Pros
fantastic benefits, fun place to work, they care about me.
Cons
just sorry i didn't come her sooner.
Horrible To Work For
CEO (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2012
Advancial sucks. Do not work here if you care about your career. Working here is career suicide! They don't care about you at all. They just care about the board. That's it! You're all alone there. Nobody to talk to; nobody to figure out what's going on. I'm amazed they're still in business.
Pros
i got a paycheck on a regular basis.
Cons
advancial sucks.
Never Again
I'd rather not share my title (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2012
I would NEVER recommend working here. No vacation for a year (yes, that means 365 days). The AVP over my area is terrible. Very inconsistent in the communication and not open to feedback. No, and I mean NO, room for advancement. If you're looking for a company to go nowhere fast, this is it. There were inconsistencies in their processes and lots of favoritism shown towards other employees.
Pros
nothing special.
Cons
people not really knowing how to manage others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advancial Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Advancial Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location