Department: Power sports, License, & Automotive Group E-Media
Reports to: Web Marketing & Strategy Director
Part-time 30 Hours Per Week
Performs, analyzes and prepares forecasts and recommendations in the areas of website usage, product preferences, sales coverage, market penetration and practices, sales trends and user behavior. Prepares regular, periodic, and special reports, researches market conditions to determine potential sales. Stays up-to-date on trends and business implications for assigned websites.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute site tasks with input from editorial, sales and audience development. Monitors and reports analytics from tools like Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Click Map, and other A/B testing tools.
- Execute the tasks that involve configuration / backend changes that require less complicated programming. Assigning the more complicated programming tasks to the development team.
- Verify & test the tasks executed by the development team and check site/s for proper implementation
- Look at all SEO elements of the pages and get them changed/corrected by either co-coordinating with editorial/dev team or self evaluation.
- Reviewing SEO site audit reports available from Google , Bing, collect the errors and recommended changes and getting them implemented. Using paid/free tools evaluate important search landing pages
- Keyword Research: Create a calendar of keywords to match editorial calendar and to find out trends of topics based on evaluation of past monthly search results
- Evaluate the naming/description/meta of the categories and get them adjusted to incorporate relevant ranking keywords.
- Supports internal and external editorial content development teams by regularly analyzing and reporting traffic metrics and user patterns in real time, suggesting and implementing changes to maximize visitors, page views and depth of visits.
- Works with Content Management Systems to implement site design changes and new website features to increase the depth of visits and number of return visitors.
- Works with Web Marketing & Strategy Director to create and execute advertiser e-media campaign monthly statistical reports in order to identify new revenue segments.
- Works with Web Marketing & Strategy Director to formulate site strategies, plan production and to discuss content development and other projects in order to attain traffic growth in all metrics measured, staying in line with budgets and forecasts.
- Understands social media and cross marketing associated with sites like Twitter, Facebook, Linked-In and You-Tube, and conducts analysis to determine effectiveness, communicating results to both individuals and to the groups; this will support editorial postings and help establish best practices
College degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent vocational experience, combined with a minimum 3 years of professional experience as a web content specialist. Experience with CMS like Drupal technology is required, with additional experience building flash introductions, interactive elements, and application interfaces. Must have a fundamental understanding of CSS/XHTML-based web design standards. Must be data-oriented, and able to recognize and understand the implications of various online metrics with an understanding of Omnniture and SEO Best Practices. Demonstrated organization and project management skills, including the ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and with minimal direction. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
Demonstrates flexibility; can redefine the role as needed and adapt to change. Seeks continuous mastery of new technical and business knowledge and encourages the same in others. Interacts professionally and appropriately within a variety of situations. Builds consensus, facilitates win-win business outcomes, gains and builds commitment to new ideas and courses of action. Clearly articulates, presents, and promotes ideas and issues before various audiences in professional settings. Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently Shares information, cooperates with others, and is comfortable participating as part of a team.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls (operate a computer and other office equipment); reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Required to read printed type of various sizes for various lengths of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
STATEMENT OF INTENT:
The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this function. However, the nature of our business may require that the responsibilities associated with this job may change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. This description is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Requests by employees or applicants to accommodate an eligible disability will be followed by a current review of the essential functions of the position