ADVANTAGE Home Care Employee Reviews

work place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2017
this company was an easy company to work for. they were up to date on all the rules and regulations that medicare had in place. Management was ok and the company was busy.
Good group of people
Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 1, 2017
coworkers are friendly and helpful. always working together for the best of the patients. Good location. Good atmosphere.
Productive company
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 11, 2017
The previous company i worked for when i started in 2012 merged a couple of years later with my present agency AHC, overall have worked for almost 5 years. I can honestly say all the great schedulers and volunteers they've had in the past and in the present are down to heart gals. Very flexible with schedules weekly pay. My highlight has been my clients so hard to depart from them when i need to move on to another case. The most enjoyable part of the job has been seeing the satisfaction you bring to your clients lives in care giving.
Pros
Good communication, great staff, work as team
Cons
payrate
fun work place
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 13, 2016
the clients are very nice and sweet I enjoyed my job it was just like helping my family to coworkers n clients were like my family would love to work there again
Not the place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Douglas County, ORNovember 15, 2016
My schedule kept changing not a place i want to work. Never had a set schedule. If you can do change then this is a job for you. I have a family and i was overworked and underpaid.
Corporate Setting
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, flOctober 18, 2016
Great, business professional great nurses, great therapy, no advancement slow in responding to issues with patients
Not bad if you like inconsistency
CERTIFIED HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2016
The managers there are pretty blah. They do not offer any incentives to picking up cases for the schedulers who have been called off on. This is not a company to work for if you have bills and expect consistency.
Pros
Cons
Where do I start
Supportive company putting employee needs first
On-call Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 15, 2016
Owner is hands on; listens to employees needs to match with clients. Friendly to work for.
Schedule around your needs, allowing flexibility for family needs.
For Advantage Home Care in OREGON
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 30, 2016
There are a couple different Advantage Home Cares out there. This review is for Oregon. The agency in Roseburg, OR is, in my opinion (as someone who has worked for several in home care agencies) an excellent place to work. The only disadvantage is that there is little in the way of advancement opportunities. Most caregivers will stay caregivers, although some want to work in the office. However, ALL EMPLOYEES are treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their position.
Pros
Flexible schedule
really liked my job
Stephanie Fasnaught, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, IN 47374June 29, 2016
I was a cna at the time. great place to work. they were great to me when my husband was ill and later passed away. went back afterwards and then I went on to nursing school.
Top Management highly accessible
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2016
The company while very professional in its activities operates like a family. There is exemplary cross functional team support.
Pros
Extremely loyal to customers and employees
Cons
Lacks flexibility
Challenging environment
Clincal Coordinator Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAApril 26, 2016
Day-to-day work varied greatly. From this job I learned organizational skills, training and management. Office staff was friendly and worked well with nursing staff.
Received good training
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLApril 8, 2016
I enjoyed working for Advantage. I worked to open a new Satellite office, but when we weren't getting patients, corporate decided to close the office and I was terminated without notice or given any type of severance. I was told that my termination had nothing to do with my job performance, since mine was excellent. It was purely a business decision. I strongly feel that they could have found another place for me in the company, but they choose not to. I felt that this entire process was handled in a very ruthless and uncaring manner.
Pros
The clinical staff
Cons
Poor and very expensive benefits, lack of appreciation for hard work and loyalty
Very busy office
Care Cottage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 1, 2015
Very busy home care office. Private duty caregivers provided and office consists mostly of schedulers coordinating caregivers with homecare clients.
fun workplace
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 12, 2015
this job allowed me to travel and meet new residents in their home. very time consuming and really loved the people. caring for elderly, mentally disabled and cared for many age groups
Pros
people
Cons
good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INSeptember 5, 2015
Home health is enjoyable and the home care setting has allowed me to gain valuable experience in a completely different setting in which I have not had exposure to.
Amazing, personable place to work.
Human Resources Assistant/ A/P Rep (Former Employee) –  Asheville, North CarolinaMarch 16, 2015
Great atmosphere.
average day consists of greeting everyone in the office, helping coworkers defeat their obstacles.
Management really listens to any issues that arise.
Coworkers are supportive.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Np healthcare
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 24, 2015
This was a rewarding place to work. Taking care of people is my favorite thing to do besides taking care of animals.
Pros
spending time with the elderly
Cons
so much travel time
A good experience learned alot
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 19, 2014
My position was to develop relationships with potential referral sources. The hardest part of the job was to sell that it was all private pay and that it could cost them on a monthly basis $10-$12K
Weekly pay with great office staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 13, 2014
Not a lot of variety when it comes to experiencing new things as a nurse. Love being able to stay with the same patients and really get to know them and their families.
Pros
Ability to pick own schedule
Cons
Not enough compensation, no benefits, no employee referal bonus, no mileage compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADVANTAGE Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.