ADVANTAGE Home Care Employee Reviews

The worst management
Office Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  BrooklynJanuary 19, 2018
Agency operating like in ex USSR. They treat workers like slaves. All coworkers re leaving this agency.They have Directors yelling at the workers, and instruct to do a job workers they don't have to do.
Teaching environment
Nursing Clerk/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sheepshead Bay, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Place is an ordinary office however I have a lot of work to do and I do not get paid enough for all that work, The more you try to do the more job you will have
Managers have no respect.
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INOctober 25, 2017
The managers treat the staff and clients with disrespect. There is no communication within the office, and the field staff and clients get blamed for it. They still do not utilized modern technology and it makes their office lack progress and care.
Pros
I got to take care of others.
Cons
Too much stress from being treated poorly.
I enjoy working there just that I just didn't pay much
In-home aide (Former Employee) –  Asheville North CarolinaAugust 14, 2017
Have no insurance and they never gave raises after 18 years, I just don't find they was fair about income given more people raises and caring about the people was out in the doing all the work that should give more raises
Pros
I would tell someone else about them if they needed the job
Cons
With work with
Financial Troubles with Company
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCMarch 30, 2017
Advantage began as a pleasant company to work for. I was supported by the QP when I had questions. Unfortunately the company began to have financial issues causing the company to lay of staff. By the time the company began to rebound I had left because of a lack of opportunity and clients leaving to go to other agencies.
As long as work was available the day was productive
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 12, 2017
A typical day doing 24 hr. live in shift was assist client with daily ADL's, grooming, meal prep, OT, PT or doctor's appointments. Home and person care. I learned that elderly people have the most experience on life and they have so much to teach. Management was very good with communicating with the caregivers. The workplace culture was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was not getting to attached to your clients. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the companionship you provide for the clients.
Pros
Didn't have to go house to house to get hours.
Cons
Clients die and you have to wait a few weeks if no available
work place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2017
this company was an easy company to work for. they were up to date on all the rules and regulations that medicare had in place. Management was ok and the company was busy.
Good group of people
Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 1, 2017
coworkers are friendly and helpful. always working together for the best of the patients. Good location. Good atmosphere.
Productive company
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 11, 2017
The previous company i worked for when i started in 2012 merged a couple of years later with my present agency AHC, overall have worked for almost 5 years. I can honestly say all the great schedulers and volunteers they've had in the past and in the present are down to heart gals. Very flexible with schedules weekly pay. My highlight has been my clients so hard to depart from them when i need to move on to another case. The most enjoyable part of the job has been seeing the satisfaction you bring to your clients lives in care giving.
Pros
Good communication, great staff, work as team
Cons
payrate
fun work place
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 13, 2016
the clients are very nice and sweet I enjoyed my job it was just like helping my family to coworkers n clients were like my family would love to work there again

Want to know more about ADVANTAGE Home Care?

Ask a question
Not the place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Douglas County, ORNovember 15, 2016
My schedule kept changing not a place i want to work. Never had a set schedule. If you can do change then this is a job for you. I have a family and i was overworked and underpaid.
Corporate Setting
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, flOctober 18, 2016
Great, business professional great nurses, great therapy, no advancement slow in responding to issues with patients
Supportive company putting employee needs first
On-call Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 15, 2016
Owner is hands on; listens to employees needs to match with clients. Friendly to work for.
Schedule around your needs, allowing flexibility for family needs.
For Advantage Home Care in OREGON
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 30, 2016
There are a couple different Advantage Home Cares out there. This review is for Oregon. The agency in Roseburg, OR is, in my opinion (as someone who has worked for several in home care agencies) an excellent place to work. The only disadvantage is that there is little in the way of advancement opportunities. Most caregivers will stay caregivers, although some want to work in the office. However, ALL EMPLOYEES are treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their position.
Pros
Flexible schedule
really liked my job
Stephanie Fasnaught, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, IN 47374June 29, 2016
I was a cna at the time. great place to work. they were great to me when my husband was ill and later passed away. went back afterwards and then I went on to nursing school.
Top Management highly accessible
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2016
The company while very professional in its activities operates like a family. There is exemplary cross functional team support.
Pros
Extremely loyal to customers and employees
Cons
Lacks flexibility
Challenging environment
Clincal Coordinator Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAApril 26, 2016
Day-to-day work varied greatly. From this job I learned organizational skills, training and management. Office staff was friendly and worked well with nursing staff.
Received good training
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLApril 8, 2016
I enjoyed working for Advantage. I worked to open a new Satellite office, but when we weren't getting patients, corporate decided to close the office and I was terminated without notice or given any type of severance. I was told that my termination had nothing to do with my job performance, since mine was excellent. It was purely a business decision. I strongly feel that they could have found another place for me in the company, but they choose not to. I felt that this entire process was handled in a very ruthless and uncaring manner.
Pros
The clinical staff
Cons
Poor and very expensive benefits, lack of appreciation for hard work and loyalty
Very busy office
Care Cottage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 1, 2015
Very busy home care office. Private duty caregivers provided and office consists mostly of schedulers coordinating caregivers with homecare clients.
Very good Hours
CNA (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 6, 2015
Very good Hours, Loyal Staff very helpful, the hardest part of job is when your stuck in one place all day . And I love that you don't have to work in shifts and a big plus for me is you don't have to work weekends which allows for more family time!! And they do there best to look out for you!
Pros
You work the hours you want and they value there workers
Cons
no pay raises, or benefits