Advantage Nursing Services Employee Reviews

Great Company, Fantastic office Staff !
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 21, 2017
From the time I was hired to the time I left the company, the staff made me feel like family. They always went above and beyond to get me the shift and place that I wanted to work. If ever I had a problem , they were always on my side backing me up ! Awsome people and awsome owner ! Sad to leave ! The health care industry just isn’t what it used to be, from a 23 yr nurse in the field at 49 yrs old and seeing how things have changed, I have chosen a different path.
Pros
The Staff are the very best !
Cons
Pay could be better...
productive
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, MONovember 9, 2017
clock in at clients, begin work day what ever client needs, some days are harder than others but over all most the people are very nice, would go back
excellent place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 23, 2017
pediatric services and enjpyed time there. great pay and benfits home health agency, very personal emplyers. sad but rewarding. would like to go back.
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist PRN (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 16, 2017
I was called about my availability for scheduled work assignments. Upon acceptance of a duty assignment, you are given the address and to whom you were to report to. You received a pay slip to be signed by the supervisor which could be faxed or brought in to receive next day pay.
Pros
Next day pay
Cons
Frequently staff members of a facility gave agency staff the least desirable assignment.
1 on 1 care for Pediatric Patients
LPN (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILAugust 13, 2017
Providing care to pediatric patients with vents and trachs. I got experience with several ventilators and tracheostomies. Forming bonds with the patient's was the most enjoyable part of this job. Sitting in one home for 8 to 9 hours a day was the hardest part.
Peaceful place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJune 21, 2017
Advantage Nursing Services is a fairly quiet place to work. Office environment allows for time to focus & comtemplate. The Staff is extremely helpful & approachable. Beautiful downtown Oak Park location. Close to public transportation, restaurants and shopping.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
expensive area/location
nice staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILMay 23, 2017
Has a great staff to get you ready to meet your client and also maps where you need to go. communicates well and always called to see if you wanted to pick up extra shifts
Pros
easy work
Cons
no benefits
Competitive wages
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 18, 2017
Offer competitive wages and a variety of cases. Good incentives to pick up extra shifts. However, advancement within company is limited. Overall a 4/5.
This is a good company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 4, 2017
I enjoy working for this company. The only difference is they don't pay a difference if you're a CNA. They work hard at keeping you working. I really appreciate the staff at Advantage.
Horrible place of employment
N/A (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2017
This place is horrible. They don't care about their employees at all. All they care about is bringing money into the agency. You have to suck up and kiss up to them to be on their good side. These people are terrible
Pros
Cons
Bad staffers. Bad corporate office.

Want to know more about Advantage Nursing Services?

Ask a question
Good benefits with great learning atmosphere
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 12, 2017
Assessment and care of special needs children and geriatric patients in home setting. Allows for adaptation and acceptance of strong nursing skill with very little supervision. Must have ability to adapt to any environment and emergency. Allow for being preceptor to new nurses and family members of ill children.
Pros
Benefits and children
Cons
On call, travel state
Best Home Health Care Agency
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILDecember 14, 2016
I loved working for Advantage! They were probably one of my best employers! They work with school schedules. They have some of the best clients! Every client I had I got along with very well. The office workers are great as well, they try their best to keep you up to date with your clients the best they can!
Great company if you don't expect loyalty
LPN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2016
Company isn't very quick to place you on another case if your patient is hospitalized or if your case becomes inactive for any reason.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Very limited health care benefits, minimal raises
Great Money When there is Work
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 23, 2016
Great pay when there is work available. When it is slow.... no work equals no money. Nursing Agency that schedules shifts for you in many different settings. There are no guaranteed shifts, may be canceled up to 2 hours before scheduled shift. Good job as a second job for extra money.
Pros
Great Pay and flexible schedule
Cons
no stability, no benefits
advantage nursing service
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILApril 11, 2016
nice place to work. I would definitely recommend friend or family if needed assistance with nursing service for disabled child
Summary
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 18, 2015
Great place to work. My co-workers make me love coming to work every day. It is difficult to advance in the company as all of the management positions are filled with young staff.
Agency providing care to children with special needs.
RN (Former Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed working for Advantage. There are very nice people in the office. The children I cared for were very lovable. I took care of a child with a feeding tube which was sweet.
Pros
If you enjoy working with children
Cons
Usual cons
Home Health
LPN (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, MOMarch 5, 2015
I learned about trachs and g-tubes. This was my first job as a LPN. I did laundry, made breakfast and lunch made sure the meds were given. I didn't have a co-worker to work with just my relief. I needed more to do. There was a lot of down time. It was nice for awhile, but made for long days.
Pros
Learned how to work with a vent patient, Patient was always pleasant, Home was clean
Cons
No interaction with other adults, Always the same routine, Office personel always seemed to get days off messed up, vacation messed up
good company
Pediatric Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  cicero,illinoisJanuary 4, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Advantage Nursing Services.The job was very fulfilling and rewarding.Hardest part of job was leaving.
Productive and fun multi-tasking.
Homemaker/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 23, 2014
Each patient had a their own agenda for what they needed help with. I loved assisting them with all that I could when it came to cooking, cleaning, or assisting them with Appointments/bills. The hardest part of job is a patient getting sick or moving.
Pros
Seeing patient regularly and knowing their needs.
Cons
Filling out paperwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Nursing Services. Our community is ready to answer.