Advantage Rent A Car Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Lots of opportunity.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lihue, HIJanuary 17, 2016
Customer interaction, sales, team friendly atmosphere. Lots of support from management. Positive work environment. Motivation to perform at one's best potential.
If you like to work and work hard
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 16, 2015
The team In Albuquerque top to bottom was the best group to work with.
Hard to grow wit this company. To many conference calls for managers
Cons
financial problems
Fun place to work
Customer Service Agent /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2015
I liked the people that came through from different areas of the country and learning about them. Also liked the stories that they told when they came to rent a car.
Not what I signed on for
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2015
When I first came on board it wasa great organization. Great Work life balance. Mature, responsible, dedicated people. My Director was a good coach, understood work life balance, believed in challenging your skills. Once the merger took place. It was more of a take over. Very uncomfortable work environment, no stability, no communication.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
New Management
A good start
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2015
The first job I had right out of college. Completed the Advantage Rent A Car Manager Training Program. Learned how to lead and manage a diverse work force. Learned first hand how important it was to balance assets and profits.
productive and fun workplace
Lead Customer Sales Agent/Trainer (Current Employee) –  morrisville, ncSeptember 24, 2015
First thing is that I have very supportive Management whom aaddvicate for employees. I'm learning on a daily basis that you can't please every customer and I have awesome co-workers
Pros
The Pros -Is that I get to meet new people everyday.
Cons
Cons- Better healthcare and more money needed
Potential to be a great company
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  SoutheastSeptember 2, 2015
Enjoy working for company. Location managers are given a great deal of autonomy to run their operations. Communication is lacking during the Advantage/EZ transition. Once complete things should be looking up.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Communication
I want to work in an environment where I am given the skills to grow from within the company.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 17, 2015
During a 8-10 hour work schedule, I am focused on running the business effectively and making sure that the morale is in tact and that my employees have all of the tools for them to be successful during their shift. When I come into the office, I like to make sure that everything is in order, computers are working, paper is provided in the printers and cars are properly placed in their stalls for rental. After I conduct my morning checklist, I make sure that our gameplan is in place for the day so that all of our agents know their goals, how much each rental costs and what time they are supposed to take their lunch breaks. During the afternoon, I run a mid-day inventory checklist and I scan the system for vehicles to make sure every vehicle on the lot is accurate and in place. Once I am done with my inventory checklist, I help out on the floor, rent cars and make sure all customer service issues are handled properly. By 10pm, I am nearing the end of my shift so for the last hour of my shift, I get things prepared for the morning manager, run two more reports and make sure that all of the vehicles on the lot are scanned properly into the system.
Pros
Company Car, Benefits, 401K, Competitive Salary, Vacation Time
Cons
Short breaks
Average
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 13, 2015
Advantage has had several ownership changes over the past several years. This makes it unstable as a long term employer.
my summary
RENTAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  newark njJune 8, 2015
Typical day here was ok. Management sucked. Everybody complained about the schedule because it changed every week. They have favoritism.
A company in transition. Has some new expanding prospects that if implemented correctly, and with the right people in place should be very successful
Set goals for sales agents (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 23, 2015
Current situation can have you having a very hectic, but not necessarily fulfilling day. Need to be willing to commit long hours and learn independently in order to feel accomplished. A lot of potential exist with the right management in place, especially with the new acquisition that they just had.
Pros
Great for independent worker who needs little or no supervision.
Cons
Need more structered training, and communication between satellite locations and Corporate/HR.
good
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2015
decent overall. depending on your office the more control you will have. better have a good team of employees....................................................
this a very good place to work
shuttle dirver (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLMarch 21, 2015
A typical day is enjoyable all the time. What I have learned is customer satisfaction play an important role in the company. I have to follow my manager instructions. I love working as Shuttle driver my coworkers help each other. The hardest part of my job is not being able to make a customer happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help my customer get to the airport on time to catch the plane.
Nice employees
City Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NvFebruary 3, 2015
Advantage Rent A Car,can be a stressful environment, it is very busy and face paced, It would be a better place to work if there was more staff and manegment. I really enjoy everyone that works here. I never know what my typical work day is going to be, I have been trained in every aspect of the business, So depending on what's going on with thw staff, I could be renting vehicles, giving out keys to the customers, Dealing with body damage and stolen vehicles, to acting as manager on duty. the most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customers.
Pros
paid days off
Cons
not enough mamagement
inconsistent
Car Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Advantage has to be the most inconsistent company I've ever worked with. Managers have a difficult time creating a schedule which makes it hard for employees to plan events outside of work. They also struggle with organizing a way to keep the fleet full on heavy days ( we end up sending customers to our competitors)and lot organization.You don't get a paid lunch so you actually work 7.5 hrs a day instead of 8, Although the overall moral seems to be a 2 out of 10 the counter & return associates are a blast.
Pros
co workers, benefits
Cons
yield structure, management
Gotta be a hustler
Customer Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2015
The company was good to people new to car rental and there was chances for plenty of money to be made. I didn't care for the management too much but its rewarding if you can hustle and deal with people. I accually miss it at times.
Pros
money
Cons
management
Great customer service and sales building experience.
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsJanuary 5, 2015
Small workplace with close knit employees. Tough to sale customers on products but a lot of learning tools to help overcome objectives.
Easy Pay
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
Advantage is a great place to work if your looking for something fast pace and sales based. My co-workers are wonderful with their own unique personalities, management is ok however just like in any company there is always room for improvement.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2014
Very co-operative management, learned techniques of up selling.
Productive and fun working place
Return Agent/Valet Attendant,Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HINovember 9, 2014
Fun place to work,build good costumer srvice,good and understanding management,willing to work with the schedule,co workers are positive and reliable
Pros
willimg to work out with the schedule
Cons
no cons