Advantage Resourcing

Advantage Resourcing Employee Reviews in United States

Employee Focused
Warranty Claims Assessor (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 28, 2015
The management team were great. The company was very employee focused and they were genuinely concerned about work related stress. The position was fun and enjoyable. However, the advancement opportunities in that position are extremely limited.
Pros
Employee focused employer with good benefits
Cons
advancement opportunities are limited depending on position
Meets Expectation for Contracting Agency
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 29, 2015
Fair pay rate, but lacking in compensatory benefits. The past year they switched insurance carriers. The new carrier was not accepted at most of my family doctors, therefore I had to go on the open market for my dependents. Contact with account rep and recruiter are minimal at best.
Branch Operations
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 5, 2015
The company has made great strides in developing a corporate vision and strategy. The leadership team from President to VP are pretty stellar, slow to take action, but definitely strong mentors.

Sadly, Advantage has attrition issues for those with less than 3 years at the company. The reason is that there are people who have been with the company their entire careers. This group of people have done very little to develop their craft. They are complacent, inflexible, entitled, and their skills are stale.
Pros
Work Autonomously, family focus culture, strong work/life balance
Cons
Constantly changing plans, performance issues are not addressed
Great Place to work
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 5, 2016
I really enjoy working here. I love the people and the overall culture at the office. We all work really hard. You have to be a self starter to work here, because there is no one watching what you are doing. However, if you do not work hard it will show on the monthly report.

Comment – April 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Advantage. I am glad to see that you are having such a positive experience with us, and that you feel everyone on your team is working hard to meet your goals!

Little to no room for advancement
Lifecycle Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2015
I was a field service tech. While I had LAN/WAN management experience I was relegated to pushing 200lb printers up and down government hallways. I was always kept just outside the amount of hours that qualified me for any benefits. Not to mention the fact I incurred expenses like an independent contractor but was on a W2. Last but not least, I was setup for direct deposit but often got paper checks that most places wouldn't cash because the company had developed a rep for writing bad checks. If you are desperate for a check, then fine, enter at your own risk. Otherwise...do your best to find another company, or just contract yourself out.
Pros
Quick and easy assignments, competitive wages.
Cons
not a place to grow your career or develop new skills
Dont be a temp!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 1, 2016
Got placed on an assignment, things didn't work out. Anything goes wrong, they blame you. No matter what they tell you, anything goes wrong on that assignment, you are dismissed and never work for them again. It doesn't matter if you are a good worker, your skills don't matter, you simply don't matter. They got plenty more just like you waiting to replace you. You will never get a second chance. Sad but true.
Pros
A job that pays every week.
Cons
Everything else!

Comment – July 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am disappointed to see that things did not go as you had hoped and that you feel you were blamed for things. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please reach out to humanresources@advantageresourcing.com and someone will be in touch with you.

Great experience, well organized
Payroll Coordinator/Recruiting Assistance (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 14, 2016
Advantage Resourcing was a wonderful challenging environment. Although I was their Payroll Coordinator, I also learned about Recruiting and I became very interested in that also. I come from a diverse background, which allows me to experience numerous challenges, such as different software, the ability to learn quickly and the challenging and successful part of the position.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Temporary assignment

Comment – March 29, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Advantage! I am so glad to see that you had such a positive experience! We work to make sure all of our employees are able to experience various areas of our business in order to broaden their skills and abilities. I am happy to see that you were able to learn so much during your time with us!

Having an immediate position available for Temps
Fondu Temp/Mini Line Worker/Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJune 28, 2015
They were able to find work for some Temps with little or no wait for employment. Pay was ok, but the Temp Service took a good portion of employees salary. Being able to work longer hours was a plus, but wasn't always good when employees had prior engagements.
Pros
Being able to work immediately
Cons
Not knowing if you are being transfered somewhere else for employment
Never Got any Vacation or PTO
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 20, 2016
I worked a long term contract (5 years) for Advantage.

Most staffing firms will start you out with some vacation or paid time off.

Advantage started me off with 0 time off. After 1 year they still did not offer any type of paid time off. After 2 years nothing. Even after 4 years it was not offered.

I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
They are the worst contract/staffing firm I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
0 paid time off
Advantage resourcing
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 1, 2016
Overall company is a good place to work but senior leadership runs off most of the good employees in certain areas. Corporate support is outstanding and good communication between departments.
Pros
Good company culture
Cons
Certain management

Comment – March 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your time with Advantage. I am disappointed to see that your experience with our senior leadership team was not as positive as I would hope. However, I am glad to see that you felt well supported by our corporate staff. We work very hard to meet the needs of all of our employees. If you would like to discuss your concerns more in depth, please feel free to reach out to your Human Resources representative.

Want to know more about Advantage Resourcing?

Ask a question
outdoor environment with long enjoyable overtime hours
Turbine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Basically a typical day of work would include removing pumps, valves using hand tools. You're working outside so you get to experience different weather conditions. You learn different techniques as to how measurements are taken, how certain machines run differently than others although they may look the exact same. Hardest part of job i would say is the pain it puts on your body having to climb in and out of small areas to check measurements. Most enjoyable was just being in the atmosphere with good people who care about safety and helping you get back home to your family.
Pros
its contract work so you're able to make a lot of money in short period of time
Cons
they don't always have work available
not friendly work place
Assemble Technician for Intuitive Surgical (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 10, 2016
co-workers were not so friendly to me as a new employee. The hardest part of the job was taking over tables or other servers and waiting on big groups of tables that would want to have different tabs. I enjoyed learning the menu and talking with the customers.
Pros
discounts and hours were great
Cons
workers were not friendly
Regional Office; Decentralized
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 27, 2016
*Make calls to recruit qualified candidate
*Conduct search string techniques using job boards.
*Good inter office working environment
*Most difficult part of the job is properly managing the new database.
*Most enjoyable aspect of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
Free lunch when Regional Mgr visits
Cons
Closed regional offices due to low performing GP
it was an wonderful experience working for them.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 8, 2016
well taking the overnight position was something I didn't think I could do like sleeping at night so I switch from sleeping in the day an working at night it was a great job learning new things
Pros
buy our own meals sometimes they would treat us when we completed our work early
Cons
we had like 15 min. breaks
Not interested in providing a review.
Branch Manager/ Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 7, 2016
Not interested in providing a review. This field will not allow me to proceed without a review: Committed to excellence for 12 years in my role, with proven success in various areas. Employment terminated without notice, warning, or counselling.
Grate company to work with
Help Desk Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHJuly 13, 2015
Nice place to work , its grate company . Good management.
its enjoyable place I would be there any time .
Good salary, Good benefit,
not the best
Strategic Sales Director National Accounts (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDApril 3, 2016
culture very different
National Sales they didn't have a national team the President left the whole company is firing people and closing offices
Flexability and great compensation
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Every day started with a quick morning follow up meeting. Gathering data and requisitions. Prioritizing then implementing protocol for that day. Posting, working in the ATS for potential candidates, as well as various job boards, Google etc. Connect with candidates via phone and email.
Source, screen and qualify candidates.
Negotiate salary and benefits
Work in various client portals for submittals

At this job I acquired new skill sets in the various portals, Applicant Tracking Systems, and work with a variety of industries.

As with any job, (on occasion) there were communication gaps. All of this easily overcome.

I really enjoyed talking with the candidates and clients.
great staffing company
Field Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77060July 14, 2016
good staffing company to work for will find you a job if you looking. they show interest at finding other jobs and if they have they will do there best to get you to start right away
Great Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 6, 2016
Small office, great employees. Management was great and very knowledgeable. Applicants that came in were usually very friendly. Clients would stop by with goodies and just to say hello.

2.9