Advantage Resourcing Employee Reviews

Great stepping stone for pursuing HR
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIMay 15, 2014
My typical day at work was making calls to those seeking a job opportunity in the Automotive Industry. I reviewed resumes and conducted a lot of interviews; face-to-face interviews but mostly phone screens. I made bids when submitting a candidate and negotiated markups with our clients. I also had to discuss Advantage Technical Resourcing's benefits to our candidates and how they work.

I was able to learn a lot about the recruiting business; how it works in the job market, the advantages and disadvantages, etc. The biggest learning experience for me is understanding employment authorization in the US. I learned how Visas worked in the US including the cost, how to get a Visa, how long they last, what makes you qualified, etc.

Most of my managers were Recruiters who would be classified as the Lead Recruiter. Other Managers would be known as Account Managers, handling business with our clients and discussing the billing of each position we try to fill. They are extremely talented in what they do and know how to coach their colleagues.

My co-workers had a competetive side to filling more positions than others but we were all helping one another too. We wanted to increase the hires for the company as much as possible, while trying to keep our numbers higher than the other recruiter. Everyone believes in how much teamwork is necessary in the recruiting business and we all had fun.

The hardest part of the job is filling the positions before your competitors do. Time was always against you and it was more difficult to find someone with a specific talent that's hard to find.

The
  more... most enjoyable part of the job was the team I worked with. I stayed as long as I did, looking for an HR opportunity, because of my co-workers. They made my job fun and we all pushed eachother to work harder. I couldn't have asked for a better team at my time at Advantage.  less
Awful Job Placement
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 9, 2014
I was placed in a Receptionist position that I was way overqualified for. I only accepted the position because the manager said he promoted within during my interview. After my third day, I knew it was not the position for me. I called and asked my Recruiter to find me something else because the company was very unprofessional and I did not see a future there. She basically told me to suck it up and put myself out there so I did and I tried. But after 6 weeks with putting up with what was worst than high school, the manager ended my assignment. I have NEVER been fired in my life but this manager did not like me because I refused to suck up to him like the young girls that worked there did. The Recruiter that originally placed me with this company actually quit Advantage and I had no idea until the new Recruiter called me to let me know that the company no longer wanted me to work there. She said that the manager said I was a great worker but I was not long term and he was right. This new Recruiter said she would help me find a new career and I have not heard from her in 4 weeks.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
communication
Terrible Company to work for.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 28, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of being the only recruiter in the office. The branch manager was never there so I was left in the branch to do a lot to work by myself. I had never worked in a "full desk" staffing environment so I was new to the fact that I had to do everything by myself and work 50+ hours a week including nights, weekends and holidays. In the 10 months I was there, I saw the company as a revolving door. Several recruiters from other branches quit and the District Manager was demoted, therefore bringing in a new DM with no staffing or management experience. The branch manager at the location I worked at, hired me in the hopes I would take her place so she could take a job working from home. She never told me that until I found through another employee that worked in HR. Very unprofessional company, very unprofessional work ethics.
Pros
nothing that comes to mind
Cons
wasted 10 months of my life/career there.
Nice place to work at
Software /Lab Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton MASeptember 18, 2013
I ensured proper deployment of new hardware including servers, switches, and storage arrays. Provides technical expertise and support to engineering departmental users. I was a able to learn how to install and configure VMware vSphere in an enterprise environment. I also learnt how to write Test Plans, defining Test Scenario and Test Case, developing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, and track the bugs till closure. Some of my co-workers are very nice and helpful while some are terrible to deal with.
The hardest part of the job was my first day of job. The most enjoyably part of the job was when my department went out for fun during end of the year party.
Pros
you are able to buy food at a discount rate for lunch.
Cons
is a contract job which mean no benefit and no job security
I feel like Advantage has a lot of room to make improvments
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Donelson, TNApril 3, 2014
A typical day at work was traveling to Cerqa to check in new start employees or do DNR's at the request of the managers. Going back to the office and doing what was requested of me. I learned how to speak more professionally, use microsoft outlook, and helped people acquire the job position that they fit best. Management was poorly constructed, bad attitudes all around with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was overlooking co-workers attitudes towards the people that came through the company looking for jobs. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping the different types of people with many backgrounds find the right jobs for them. The most important thing to me was getting the people a position they were skilled in and would enjoy.
Pros
working with the public, hours
Long days but not hard work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 22, 2015
Would start the day by putting all the product that went into the packaging box. Then everyone would be put in a certain location on the line and put certain items in their proper place in box. If someone fell behind the person next to them would always help so the line didn't have to stop. The hardest part of the job was making the boxes that the products went into, and the most enjoyable part of the job was taping the boxes closed. The management was always very helpful when you had trouble and I never had any problems with the management or my co-workers.
Pros
if we met goal the would bring in lunch for us
Cons
overtime was alway manditory
The job is great managment horrible!
veterinary technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, gaApril 26, 2014
Working for intuitive is great the company itself treats its employees well but the Head Veterinary is very passive aggressive and defames people's characters without thinking about what she's doing and does not believe in talking to employee's when she does not like something. My coworkers were great fun loving and team players. The best part of the job was the work and my fellow contract workers in Atlanta. Advantage staffing is truly unprofessional and does care about the employees they hire. The veterinary director is truly unprofessional and has not concept of professionalism and common courtesy especially when she is rarely around but makes assumptions without finding out the truth.
Pros
the work and pay
Cons
veterinary director and does not talk to employees about issues
Branch Operations
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 5, 2015
The company has made great strides in developing a corporate vision and strategy. The leadership team from President to VP are pretty stellar, slow to take action, but definitely strong mentors.

Sadly, Advantage has attrition issues for those with less than 3 years at the company. The reason is that there are people who have been with the company their entire careers. This group of people have done very little to develop their craft. They are complacent, inflexible, entitled, and their skills are stale.
Pros
Work Autonomously, family focus culture, strong work/life balance
Cons
Constantly changing plans, performance issues are not addressed
Flexability and great compensation
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Every day started with a quick morning follow up meeting. Gathering data and requisitions. Prioritizing then implementing protocol for that day. Posting, working in the ATS for potential candidates, as well as various job boards, Google etc. Connect with candidates via phone and email.
Source, screen and qualify candidates.
Negotiate salary and benefits
Work in various client portals for submittals

At this job I acquired new skill sets in the various portals, Applicant Tracking Systems, and work with a variety of industries.

As with any job, (on occasion) there were communication gaps. All of this easily overcome.

I really enjoyed talking with the candidates and clients.
ADVANTAGE Resourcing will give a Job no matter what
Accounts payable clerk- AMERICAN TEXTILE RECYCLING (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Just be prepared to work.
Yes, it is true that you will not be making much, but they will hire and place you very quickly.
Dimas has been my main contact and I must the guy is a trooper! He is very polite and professional unlike the other people there.
If you work hard for them, they will do likewise for you!
So far, so good!
Pros
you will be placed in a good company
Cons
low pay
Poorly ran business-lacking customer servcie and professionalism
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 6, 2013
The Onsite Advantage office at Pegatron is very poorly ran. The manager lacks professionalism and does not have the abilities needed to be an affective manager. If you truly want to work as a recruiter, this is not a positive place to do that, try other staffing agencies, as they will offer you more opportunities for growth and advancements. I suggest Integrity Staffing.
Pros
there are no pros to this job
Cons
training, advancement, employee relations, development, management
Good place to work for experience
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMarch 13, 2015
Advantage Resourcing found me a job twice when I was in desperate need of one. At the particular facility you remain a temporary associate for a long time, but have good job security as long as you understand that you are there to work and not goof off.
Pros
good place to learn with no degree required, job security, pay was ok
Cons
facility did not like to hire on temps, other employees can be so-so
Attitude and reliability
Labor, varied assignments (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 3, 2014
Advantage Resourcing was great! The assignments were varied, and the reliablity of being there for me having work available made dependability fun, no matter how far, if I would have to walk one mile extra I would have done it to make it on time with a good attitude.
Advantage Resourcing is one great place to work, get to know people, see if it's a match, and still have more opportunity!
Pros
everyone was a pro!
Cons
and no one was treated like a con!
Having an immediate position available for Temps
Fondu Temp/Mini Line Worker/Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJune 28, 2015
They were able to find work for some Temps with little or no wait for employment. Pay was ok, but the Temp Service took a good portion of employees salary. Being able to work longer hours was a plus, but wasn't always good when employees had prior engagements.
Pros
Being able to work immediately
Cons
Not knowing if you are being transfered somewhere else for employment
the worst place i have ever worked
cad operator (Former Employee) –  detroit miJuly 8, 2014
i have been working for this place for a little over a year now and they have forgotten to pay me over 6 times so far. i was told after a years work i would be getting more benefits but i didn't get in wrighting so now i don't. i'm looking for a new job i just can't take it any longer.
Cons
everything
Overal - Excellent Contract Organization
Senior Systems Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 21, 2015
Technically, contracted by Advantage Resourcing. Advantage Resourcing is a great company to work for. I am contracted to BAE Systems in Sterling Heights MI. I enjoy every bit of the environment working with Fuctional Managers, and Subject Matter Experts on US Army/Military Combat Vehicles as a Senior Systems Engineering Specialist -Lead Mobiilty Requirements Engineer.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
N/A
Decent
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 18, 2015
Not metrics oriented yet gives time to develop. Contractor for various companies therefore there is a difference between each department. Colleagues are more than happy to coach on any potential errors made however management a bit unorganized at times when it comes to documentation
Pros
Flexible for vacations
Cons
No vacation pay
very fast paced environment
RF Electronics Technician (Lead) (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJanuary 29, 2015
opportunities for advancement learned how to troubleshoot many different products had the best co workers most enjoyable part was always something different to learn. Great rewards for on time deliveries such as parties bounuses prizes.
Pros
great engineer to work with always helpful
Cons
n/a
Nothing good to say, Management
IT Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2013
Co-workers work under a great deal of pressure and unrealistic goals. They offer a bonus program but have never paid off to employees that have earned it. Most workers are contractors whom they use up to meet company goals and then terminate contracts.
Cons
don't live up to commitment to employees
Account Manager for Corporate Business Solutions
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2015
Account Manager for AT&T Corporate Business Solutions. Make outbound and take inbound calls from customers to help them decide which platforms n\best suits business needs. Maintain spreadsheets and filter information as needed. Make and meet monthly goals.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible scheadule.
Cons
short breaks, no raises