Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Employer Reviews

Demos Daily
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Hodgkins, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Cons: no health care for event specialist
Making people smile daily brings joy to me.
I learned a lot about sanitation and how to prepare certain foods. management is usually changed a lot bout I don't mind because each person shows you new things.
Best Job to have.
Demonstrator (Current Employee), Lake Villa, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Advantage Sales & Marketing is the best job anyone can ask for. From day one everyone you speak to with in the company is amazing, friendly, helpful, and are willing to go that extra mile to help you out. Honestly there is no bad that I can see about working for Advantage Sales and Marketing.
great learning experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Danbury, CTSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay benefits
Cons: no complaints
loved the schedule. Very interesting job. great working environment in all stores.
Company cut back benefits,more expenses put on the employee
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 2, 2014
The cost of gas, and being paid limited mileage, and depreciation on your car all made it difficult to survive financially.
Always enjoyed working as a team to complete job.
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: traveling to different area's every week
Cons: only one week to complete remodel
Plan what area that i will be reset for the day and week that i'am working in the store.Management was always supportive in getting the job done.The hardest part of the job was completing a remodel in one week.I enjoyed traveling to different parts of the city each week and meeting new people and seeing the sales increase by the remodeling that the – more... team completed. – less
FUN
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Matteson, ILAugust 26, 2014
SET UP DEMOS WORKED 6 HOURS ON A TYPICAL DAY NOT ENOUGH HOURS STAND UP ALL DAY BUT YOU DID GET A 30 MIN LUNCH AND TWO 15 MIN BREAKS
great
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCAugust 25, 2014
good great, fantastic i don't want to post any review and they are requiring me to wite
Summary
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2014
The typical day include checking in through an app to make sure the event scheduled was not cancelled. Upon confirming your needed to do the planned event, you make ready and go to work. As you come into the workplace you will be greeted by the nicest co-workers and manager as you locate the cart you will need to roll out on the floor. You then prepare – more... your cart with all appliances and supplies to begin event. Roll out the cart to the designated site and set up stand. Then begin event after foods are prepared. Sanitation and collecting product info continue through the event. At the end of the event you roll cart back to back office work place and clean cart and pitch in with clean up and complete paperwork. Once home, you go to app and enter in time and other administrative information including feedback about the event and the product(s) demonstrated.

The hardest part of the job is not knowing when you will be needed. You have to keep checking in to see status updates.

The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with the customer and listening for their comments. – less
Summary of Qualifications:
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2014
• Responsible for marketing and setup of all new merchandise received in 20 local area stores.
• Served as lead contact in sales and marketing for providing direct communication with sales and management personnel in reference to recalls.
• Reviewed, analyzed, prioritized and forwarded incoming correspondences to various departments to ensure reports – more... were complete and deadlines were met. – less
fun work environment
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: nice breaks
Cons: no commission
fun traveling to differrent stores to set up marketing events.
Great place to work.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Riverview , FLAugust 11, 2014
I love working here, this job teaches you great people skills and great marketing skills.
fun place to work
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Houston TXAugust 11, 2014
Fun Job, very easy going. Events can sometime be disorganized, so you may need to quickly adapt to change.
Everyday is great!
Retail Sale Merchandiser (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
One of the many things I love about my job is that I am able to receive help immediately if I have any concerns or questions, I also enjoy that I am able to work around my schedule and have no conflicts with still handling my everyday business. I plan to excel in the company and continue to do great work for them.
fun place to work
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people
lots of standing,
get to meet a lot of people,
fair wage
Get to sample different products
Great Experience
Category Analyst (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARAugust 7, 2014
- I've gained a lot of experience working with many different clients that compete in many different categories.
- No two days are the same. Clients have many questions about their business that, as an analyst, we get asked to provide answers.
- ASM is growing very quickly, so there is a lot of room for advancement.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Anaheim CAAugust 6, 2014
okay
good
pay sucks
managers okay
no advancement
Number 1 Merchandising Service Provider in the USA
Merchandise Assembler (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible start and stop times
Cons: unpridictable income, subject to retail outlet demand
A Merchandise Assembler at ASM builds BBQ Grills, Patio Furniture, Wheel Barrows, etc. for retail outlet stores like The Home Depot. The products to be assembled are staged for us by Home Depot Associates in an outdoor covered work area at the store. We bring our own tools and build on folding tables provided by them. We have to be able to read manufacture – more... assembly instruction manuals and have a high level of Mechanical Aptitude. In this job I have learned how to be fast while maintaining a high level of mechanical accuracy or quality. Sometimes the product is delivered directly to the purchaser after it is assembled, so they will be inspecting it carefully and they know exactly who assembled it. ASM management is fine, they do what they have to for customer satisfaction and leave us alone if we complete our responsibilities to the client's satisfaction. There communication channels are well established and they know the law so they play fare and by the rules. Only on rare occasions have I meet my co-workers or supervisor; other then that, we are pretty much left alone, I like this fact, there is no chatter, I come to work, do my job and leave. No BS and that's the way work should be. The hardest part of my job is physical endurance. During peak season there is much to be built and it is hot outside (under shade cover). In some regards you have be an athlete or be in peak condition. We are paid as "piece workers" or by % of invoice, so the more we can endure to build the more we make in pay. The most enjoyable part of my job is being left alone to do it, putting on the headphones and going for it (building), then when I am done I get to leave! I don't have to wait for my shift to end because there is no shift. I can come to work at any time, do as much work as is available or leave when ever I feel like it and there is no retribution. If I can't get it all done my supervisor will send another assembler that is willing and able to finish the work. ASM is a fine company. I would let my children work for them. They are the leader in the industry. They have growth potential for employees. This job (Merchandise Assembler) in particular is perfect for the person who does not want to be working all year long. It's a Spring/Summer job which qualifies for seasonal unemployment and would mix well with another part-time job or school or retirement income. I highly recommend it in those conditions. If you are the soul provider for a young family, this is not the job for you unless you have other income sources that you can fall back on.
, – less
Consistent Daily Workload
Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 3, 2014
On a daily basis you can anticipate receiving numerous telephone calls from associates and managers regarding any concerns they may have.
Good pay for doing little and being confused.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: boring
Lots of standing around and talking to your product. Very few customers actually around or interested in the stores I was sent to. Loved the pay, but never enough hours and boring work when you do get them. Management is a nightmare, lots of broken things and confusion as to whats going on.
The management seems out of touch.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Eden PrairieJuly 31, 2014
Not the right company for me. I am looking for a more engaging and challenging work place.

1 2 3 4 5

About Advantage Sales and Marketing

Making consumer products is one thing, but selling them is another, and that's where Advantage Sales & Marketing (ASM) comes in. – Read more

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos