Advantage Security Inc Employee Reviews

Good Company to learn how to be professional
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80014November 13, 2017
I am very happy to give my review concerning my experience with Advantage Security. Trustworthy, well-balanced, created and customer service oriented company.The company has enabled me the opportunity to learn and value the importance of service, responsibility and professionalism.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
breaks, etc
Great company to work for.
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2017
I've worked doing security for many years and this is a great all around great company.. great staff and team members. Great work sites I would recommend this company
Pros
Some sites have free parking
Low pay, danger, odd hours.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 1, 2017
Started out ok, but when I had to change locations to also attend school I wasn't able to make enough to properly compensate my wasted time. It became intolerable when I got a time cut, that almost wouldn't even pay for my cell phone.
Pros
Laid back.
Cons
Low pay, few hours
Unorganized Drama
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80014August 27, 2017
This company had so much drama, more than high school. They claim they always need help but are quick to terminate/relocate people who express their concerns. They need to reevaluate their supervisors they have on site. The whole time I was there I was told one lady was my supervisor which turned out to be another coworker that was my position. Their leadership is horrible.
it offers good work and home balance working on the night shift
Stationary Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2017
Offers good balance between home and work on the night shift. Management is never on the same page. 5 account managers within 6 months. Needs better performing management for better employee advancement. Management is unethical in the way that they speak to employees.
typical day at work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 16, 2017
A typical day working for ASI is different for every employee. We all work at different locations that have contracts with ASI. At my location it was relaxed and you were left to do what you needed to do. We were not micro managed which I really appreciated. The company is willing to work with your personal life and if there are things like school or another job they will work around that to help you out better.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
quick turn around of employees
Busy and constanting rotation of personnel
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 13, 2017
I worked for the company for almost two years, and while they would try to accommodate employee requests for shifts, more often than no that would not be possible due to constant shortages in qualified personnel. Up side was room for growth as well as overtime
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Lack of decent benefits - health or otherwise
Adequate for a second job. No stress
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2017
The job was part time and for what i did i was paid well. It did rake a year and a half to get a pay raise but when i did get one it was a dollar an hour.
Poor business practices.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2017
Advantage security is a great stepping stone for a security career. However, if you are looking for a move to a different security company, I would not recommend. The management has poor communication between executives and employees. If you have any life crises what so ever, you have a better chance digging oil and striking it big, then finding coverage so you can attend to what is happening in your life. And if you leave, because that life crisis is that important, and there is no one to cover, you will lose your job. The pay is mediocre at best, and it differs per site you are at. There are virtually no incentives to keep you motivated to even stay within the company, and there are no raises. There is also a huge lack of moving up. If you are an ambitious person, and you feel like you can become something and go places, do not join advantage for the long haul.

The employees that you work directly with, are the enjoyable part of this job. However, Advantage is just like any mainstream corporation that could care less about their underdog employees and just pull strings like you're a puppet.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything else.
Work well with others
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2017
It was a joy working for this company, it was my first job after getting out of the marine corps and they helped me transition to the civilian world.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
The salary
Official response from Advantage Security Inc
April 6, 2017

Thank you for the comment. Glad we could help during your transition.
HR Team

great place to work for just no increase of pay
Computer Data Entry Daily (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 2, 2017
great place to work for. very friendly staff, great locations they send me too, there is no pay increase every. the benefits are okay kaiser permanent not very good for health care.I enjoyed that you call in and punch yourself in all most companies are switching to a log in the computer yourself okay with the proper training.
Pros
very friendly staff very helpful
Cons
no pay increases
Advance Advantage
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 31, 2017
Advantage security provided me with the an amazing work experience. I developed a strong work ethic. Management is helpful and friendly and always there to help.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not enough money
Official response from Advantage Security Inc
April 6, 2017

Thank you for you comments. It really helps out when we see comments like this.

HR Team

good job
Security Supervisor/Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 17, 2016
this is a great job for a start up officer but there is no pay raises or PTO, sick hours, v action the add it on your check I rather I have to take the week off and get paid vs adding it on my check and killing me on the taxes where I didn't see anything from it.
Pros
great comapny they care abou there people.
Cons
no pay raises been there 3 years
Same company just based in Colo Springs.
(UA) Security officer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 7, 2016
This is the same company just based out of Colorado Springs Colorado providing security to various contracts. Love working for the company, just no local contracts available at the present time. Looking for more local employment.
Pros
Family based company
Cons
Health insurance as with previous comment
supervisor
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 22, 2016
everybody great personalities, always have work, and lots of over time. they are willing to train and help you when needed they take the time to care, only problem my contract expired with the site I was at and was offered a higher paying job through Securitas, at the time advantage didn't have any supervisors positions available, So that's when i made a change over, advantage only pays 12.50 and where i am now at pays 15.50 per hour as a supervisor. Advantage doesn't offer any training for cpr or armed officers either, theirs no improvement with the company.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no raises
Very routine and same paced work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 4, 2016
At first this company was fantastic to work for. Due to loss of contract my hours dramatically increased to 12 hour shifts on average. Then I was laid off due to contract loss and the company was unable to afford to keep me. The management worked great with my Drill schedule.
Pros
Independancy
Cons
Long Hours, not much variety
Good experience, practical skills and knowledge learned.
unarmed security officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 31, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of patrol, loss prevention, and stationary security. HOA's and specific routes were the norm, however the hours were inconsistent with loss prevention and stationary shifts. I did learn more awareness of surroundings. I was shamed by supervisor in front of peers. Co-workers were good to work with and I developed good working relationships with most; there was one co-worker, the boss's son who slept while on duty, and another one slept while I was conducting patrol during training. Neither of these were disciplined for neglecting duties. The hardest part of my job was juggling my schedule when encountering a major life crisis, my boss did not work with me through a bad time, instead he cut my hours. The most enjoyable part of this job, with this company was the overtime pay and most of my co-workers.
Pros
wages, friendly business contacts, good networking possibilities
Cons
poor or no health benefits, inconsistent scheduling
Great teamwork enviroment and independence from management.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 30, 2016
The team for the site that a person is assigned too is whom they will most interact with. Most teams, in my experience, are very cooperative and helpful with productive team members. Management maintains a mostly hands off approach, allowing each site to cater their services to what the customer needs out of them the most. This approach does have it's draw backs as intercompany communication can feel lacking and one can begin to feel stagnate in their position. They hardest part of the job for me has been the fickleness of the clients and not always knowing if our work contract will continue. The most enjoyable part is networking with a variety of people and making new professional and social relationships.
Pros
easy to schedule time off, prepaid vacation time.
Cons
lack of communication with upper management, lack of career mobility.
Very professional and friendly workplace.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
A busy but very professional work environment where someone's experience in the corporate security can blossom. A sweet job to have for the student on the go.
Good Atmosphere
CONCIERGE/SECURITY (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 21, 2016
I have never been put at a site that I didn't feel comfortable and feel like they set me up for failure. This company takes you in as fast as you need to work. If you are looking for a job quickly and want to work they will get you aboard. I couldn't ask for anything better when times get rough they take you back in with open arms. That is why I still stay with them even if I have another job because of the dedication they have invested in me as a person.
Pros
Good Sites, Security without physically detaining, Customer Service is highlighted well here
Cons
Pay is not as high as you would think for the good work you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Security Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9