Advantage Solutions Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2016
First of all it's not so much a merchandising job as it is a stocking job. Merchandising requires thinking this is mindless work.

Second the industry is on its last breath. Space in retail stores is shrinking rapidly.

Management leaves lots to be desired. A lot of cast offs from within the industry that wouldn't or couldn't cut it in other retail operations. Over eager supervisors always trying to impress somebody.

Every store you work will undoubtedly express their desire to just be rid of magazines and books which makes your relationship with the store very difficult to maintain.
Advantage
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Navarre, FLSeptember 20, 2016
When I worked for this company in Florida, I was truly blessed. Not only were my co workers helpful, but my manager was fantastic. She was really good at her job. She was very understanding.
Pros
Family oriented, fun
Great Return on Investment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 20, 2016
Advantage Solutions taught me how to build effective relationships with our clients and how to retain client relationships.They really push you to advance in your career
I have worked for a while with them ....
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2016
The job is great for a not perminant situation - you will stand for 6hrs - be ready for that.

No Raises/Benefits and the pay isn't as advertised on their website (which is a total lie! It isn't 11.06 - it is $10.50!)

They are quick to replace you if you are terrible employee & you have to wear a uniform.

And you will have to cook , speak , adversite & juggle everything while members will try to interupt you & some will be mean just f**k up your day & will blame you if their kid comes to eat your food if they are allergic & the company won't back you up if you killed the kid.

Don't expect anything good about this job period. I heard rumors of other getting better pay & benefits - in the years I worked here never seen one benefit & pay is nil!

Just a simple job for basic - terrible pay & wearing a uniform you will hate.
Pros
Free Samples (if you can get them), Meet Some Great Customers.
Cons
No Benefits & Raises whatsoever - never heard of benefits ever!
Good workplace
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I enjoy the job and the working conditions, The company does not fairly give increases and does not pay consistent to existing employees in relation to newly hired people.
Pros
work schedule, time off.
Cons
New hires are hired in at a higher rate than tenured employees, raises are few and far between.
Productive and fun environment.
Retail Project Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2016
Advvantage Sales and Marketing is not your typical work place. Just like every job, it has it's up's and it's downs, but it is fun because of the people you work with. You also get to travel to other cities and locations, so you get to know this beautiful country of ours. If i wasn't a family man, I would still be working with Advantage.
Pros
Traveling, and Good Co-Workers
Cons
Long weekly breaks in between Jobs.
Analys data and work with dead lines
Invoicing Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2016
receive all requests for invoices, compare hours to support for accounting. prepare the forms and update our data base for completion.
Pros
ablility to work from home as needed
Cons
merit raises has room to be desired
Lied to
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  MesickAugust 29, 2016
I was lied to by the initial recruiter. Hired to be a Reset merchandiser, then i get a scanner in the mail. Never told me it was suddenly a Data Collector, scanning bar codes. Rush/rush/rush. not for that horrible pay.
Pros
drive time compensation
Cons
can't be honest with the actual job descrption.
Allows for creativity
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTAugust 24, 2016
Come into work with uniform and display your products around in different locations depending on the product and communicate freely with customers and educate them about your product. You will be standing most of the time so wear comfortable shoes. This was the hardest part was to stay comfortable standing long periods. Engaging customers and having real conversations was the best part and you can meet some interesting people.
Cons
Short breaks, Cannot sit down
Don't trust them with anything
Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2016
On the outside, a professional image. Accessing their systems, getting any help from higher up, or even getting a timely answer to anything, go fishing and try again. Don't trust your business with theirs. RUN.
Pros
overpaid
Cons
Poor communication, lack of transparency, lack of knowledge at all levels and support systems non-existent.
Nice place to work for college students and great for a second job
Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 22, 2016
It was an okay place to work. The pay wasn't that great, but the customers made it fun to work at. The job had no benefits accept the food you can eat.
Pros
Serving customers
Cons
Pay not well, and not enough hours.
Great opportunity to make some money!
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 20, 2016
I work as a Retail Reset Merchandiser. If you really want to see that money roll in you have to be willing to travel. All that mileage and overnight stays really add up on your check. the downfall is having to put all those miles on your car, but with all that extra money you make you can either put down on a used traveling car or maintain your current car or even rent a car for when you travel out of your area.
There will always be work if you show your a hard worker, then the leads will request you for certain projects and resets.
Pros
Meeting new people, paid mileage and hotel stays and per diem.
Cons
Putting miles on your car, Part-Time only, no paid time off.
Willing to work with a person schedule
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 20, 2016
I only current work as a contractor, but I hope to be a full time employee in the near future. It seems that the company is will to reward and promote from within.
Fun job, lousy company
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 17, 2016
This company pays very little for the amount of work they expect from you. Supervisor is always in a panic mode when things aren't working out the way she planned. Excessive micro-management. Company tracks your location all day. Your co workers are non existent due to the aggressive treatment from supervisor. People afraid to talk to each other and share. If it takes you an hour and ten minutes to get to your first call, you are paid for ten minutes! Lots of HR issues with the rules changing depending on how the supervisor is feeling that day.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor leadership, low quality technology, micro mgr
Meijer-Indiana
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ky/IndianaAugust 12, 2016
Was a great job overall for a long time until they hired a new supervisor. He has lowered morale & many have quit. His tactics include speaking with store mgt to see if you showed up for demos. If you are disabled he will put you lower in rank and will thwart accommodations.

Customers and store employees and co-workers I enjoyed. Just the new District Manager is demeaning.
Pros
Pay, JET App to report Work
Cons
New District Mgr & his boss, All weekend work, 6.5 hr day
I enjoy the work but sometimes support is slow in coming
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 5, 2016
I have worked for the company for about10 months or so. The work is not difficult, everything is pretty much spelled out for you. The biggest hurdles are stores sometimes do not have or have limited stock of the products you are to sample/demonstrate; or getting faulty/damaged equipment replaced.

A typical day consists of preparing your cart for demos/sampling, placing signage, retrieving products to merchandise and about 6 hours of standing. Depending on where you work and how many hours you are scheduled you will get a 30 minute rest period/lunch. You and your co-workers are somewhat interdependent. More than one person may use your cart and supplies and sometimes the way conditions are left are unacceptable or OK depending on who used it last.

The person I work for is easygoing as long as you do what you are expected to do. The requirements are the same for any job. Be there on time. Be presentable, and work as you are expected to. There are reports that need to be done from home or on a smart phone after each event. I don't think one has ever taken me more than 15 minutes and you are paid for the time to do them.

I went into this making more than min wage in my state and realistically would prob not expect a raise on a part time job where I can set my own hours.

The best part of the job is building rapport with store associates and regular customers. It's interesting getting to know them and what they like and don't like.

If you are reasonably fit and don't mind if you work one day a week or 4 days a week this is a great part time job
Pros
Great for retirees looking for some extra fun cash
Cons
Standing on conrete for 6 hours can be a little tough
Disorganized and unresponsive
Event Specialist, Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 5, 2016
Run away now before you get into this messy company!
First off, the hiring process itself was a disaster. They kept making mistakes with the paperwork and spammed my email, asking me to complete things I already completed. That should have been the red flag, but I decided to proceed anyways. Management is downright awful, they respond only when and if they want to. When I put in my resignation, I tried calling my emailing my manager and calling, to get no response and to find out they never put in my termination to begin with, even though I wasn't showing up to events. Extremely disorganized! You will have no idea what is going on. Overall, I'll have to say this is the worse company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management is extremly disorganized
Rsm
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 1, 2016
This company will eat you up and spit you out. Hard work, low pay, expect pressure and although there is paid time off good luck trying to use it. No pay raises, every month more work than you can do and they expect perfection.
Pros
Heath ins. If you can afford it
Cons
Low pay hard work bad mgrs
Love doing my job.
Food Demonstrators (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2016
I really love this job not, because its pays good money, but because I get to meet new customers everyday on my job. I also get to learn new store product and education the customers on those instore items. I also love working with the store manager and Lead person on duty. (LOD) and employees.
Pros
love eating at the pizza hut cafe.
Cons
I take a 30min lunch break.
Good part time job
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 29, 2016
This job was good as a supplemental income. The lack of communication between management was an issue. After the first of the year, I wasn't receiving jobs to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9