Advantage Solutions Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Dont not hire on
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2017
IF you work hard you should expect to have at least a few years tenure but with all the business volatility you can expect to be moved from team to team on a regular basis and including layoffs.
Fun job
Pet Products Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2017
A typical day at work you talk to customers and try to get them to buy your product. I learned a lot about pet food. My manager was so cool and very understanding. The hardest part of the job is that it's so much standing around and being bored, because you have to wait for customers and not much else. The best part of the job is interacting with pets and the discount- you get $10 off wellness products! They didn't tell me my program was going to end though, and now i have to find a new job. I didn't get any advanced notice or anything. Just an email that it was ending.
Pros
Pets and coupons
Cons
Short shifts
People are Great
Business Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 23, 2017
I love the job and the people I work with. The issue is poor supervisors and poor benefits. Medical doesn't pay for hardly anything, only 5 days sick leave. No reason this job couldn't have flexible hours, but are not allowed. They do not give raises. No yearly cost of living, nothing. I have been there 3 years without a raise along with everyone else. They have a lot of turnover because of it. This is a huge company, no excuse for the poor benefits and no raises.
Pros
People I work with
Cons
Poor Supervisor, poor benefits, no raises ever
Horrible place too work
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2017
They are absolutely horrid. Don't work here. No advancement or pay increases. High turnovers and poor management. They use up their employees and than discard them. They promise pay increases and promotion and never follow through. The work environment is horrid and with absolutely no accountability from management.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, no room for advancement, poor management
Easy but unfufilling work
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 21, 2017
The work tasked to us is relatively easy and super fast to do. The down side to that is usually all your work can be done in 1 day meaning low pay and nothing to do the rest of the week
Very relaxed environment. Working wirh a lot of friendly faces
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 21, 2017
I love working for advantage Solutions. You get paid decent to do a job that isn't so tiring like usual jobs. You learn new ideas of different homemade meals and foods. Standing up and cooking can usually be a pretty dull job but the customers make everything much more interesting because we get to hand out samples of everything made.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
No working benefits
Poor Management
Retail Data Collector - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2017
Constant issues with devices and dat. Poor Technology for a job that relies on Internet and technology 95%.

Poor communication. Very Little communication from supervisor, slow response time to emails and rarely returned phone calls.

Poor training.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of communication, poor technology, no organization .
Nice Manager
Even Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 20, 2017
It is a good working environment and you learn fast, so far so good my manager is ready to work with you and always giving listening hears. she is the best
Pros
keep working to make yourself better everyday
Very flexible
Customer Service Marketing Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 20, 2017
Successfully managed the activities of SEVEN team members in multiple locations.

Created training manuals targeted at resolving even the most difficult customer issues.
Reduced amount of employee overtime by 87% by effectively delegating tasks. Developed/implemented and monitored programs to maximize customer satisfaction.
Improved service quality and increased sales by developing a strong knowledge of company's products and services. trained new quality customer service representatives.
Lead on and off-site customer support teams across multiple time zones.
Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breakes
Medium paced work environment with a fun community of people
Business Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 20, 2017
While the work is stressful at times and the benefits leave much to be desired, the management team is dedicated to making the work environment as stress free as possible. Micro management is frowned upon. Everyone is held accountable for their own work, but allowed some freedom in how it is performed. Everyone in the office is very friendly and understands the stress we go through on a daily basis. We do our best to work as a team and make time to get to know each other personally.
Pros
employee luncheons, friendly atmosphere
Cons
No pay increases, little room for advancement.
Fun and Enjoyable work setting most of the time.
Pet Food Guide (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be in a Pet Store surrounded by customer's and their pets. I really enjoyed working in and around this type of environment on a daily basis!
Pros
Free Nutro Dry Dog Food.
Cons
No Benefits or Paid Vacations.
Enjoyed Sales
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex Jct, VTSeptember 20, 2017
The job was a territory sales manager position doe a natural foods and products broker. It was an outside sales position that covered Northern New England. I enjoyed the knowledge of products, meeting with a selling to purchasers at natural food stores. It is a company that has a strong reputation which I also valued tremendously.
Pros
Paid time off, overnight per diem and lodging costs
Cons
Too much travrel
minimum work hours and slow at times
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 20, 2017
how have to read your plan and read it before work that is online. you have to use your own internet. you have a limitted amount of time to prepare for the demo you have on the floor then when you leave you have to clean and put up in a 10 minute period
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
not enough time for cleaning up
Productive and Fun
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 20, 2017
You work independently. Manage your own time. Meet different people everyday. Worked at different store locations during the day. Traveled to each location in one day.
Pros
Making your own schedule do to business needs
Cons
No benefits
Great pay for the amount of work required
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHSeptember 20, 2017
It's a great company to work for the way you're scheduled is amazing and they are super flexible. You get to travel to different locations and meet different types of customers.
Pros
You work inside the store
Cons
Some of the co workers
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NY 11042September 19, 2017
This job has by far been my favorite job yet. My supervisor is extremely nice. It is amazing to work on a team yet have some freedom while working. This is a great company to work for.
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 19, 2017
Employees are nothing to this company. Loyalty, honesty and commitment to work mean nothing. If you lie, cheat, and steal you will get ahead there. They only care about the bottom line and nothing else.
Pros
nothing
Cons
expected to work constantly and encouraged to lie to maintain goals, and sales.
Not a careet but a good springboard to something else
Event Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 19, 2017
Your typical day as an Event Specialist is mostly demoing a product, usually food, while some of us are also cross trained to perform merchandising. I would not reoomend this job as a career, but in spite of my general experience, I did learn a great deal of life experiences
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
no perks, very little vacation time
Casual atmosphere serving customers.
Event specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 19, 2017
Casual atmosphere serving customers. Management is accommodating to time off requests, ie. appointment, sick, etc.Management is overloaded resulting in lack of discipline.
Pros
Free samples.
Cons
Boring periods.
Good place to start your part-time experience
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I am deeply grateful for having this job overall. It offers a good amount in terms of salary and its a good character builder when you communicate with a lot of people. However, it does bother me that my hours get compromised quite frequently and that I don't get much in terms of benefits.
Pros
Good wage, character-builder, nice manager, fairly easy job
Cons
Hours inconsistent at times, short breaks, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8