Do you love technology, computers, networks, cloud solutions, and small business? Do you have a passion for connecting business challenges with technology solutions? If so, read on.
Position Prospectus -- Technology Specialist
About the Company: Advantage Technologies (www.adv-tech.com) is pretty much one of the coolest places to work in the world. We treat our people like partners, and everyone pulls together to build our team. No gossip, no backstabbing. We really care about our people, and it shows. OK, so what we do - Advantage Technologies provides computer hardware, software, security, and networking infrastructure to small business, particularly focusing on professional service organizations (dentists, doctors, engineering companies, insurance agencies, CPA firms, etc). We provide the servers, workstations, cabling, management and integration services to keep our clients serving their clients. We deliver Hassle Free IT.
Position Outline: A Technology Specialist provides computer network sales, installation, and limited service to our clients in the region. It is a hybrid sales / technical position. You need to be comfortable in the sales process, able to build relationships and confidence with your customers. You also need to be technically skilled, able to install and service the equipment that you recommend to clients.
Responsibility Areas: A technology specialist is the point man in their territory. It requires a unique combination of sales, implementation, and support expertise. There are three primary objectives of this position:
1. Territory development -- you need to understand the sales process. Networking with partners, clients, and developing sales opportunities are a key component to being successful in this position. You will be actively seeking new sales opportunities (primarily obtained by referrals, partners, and existing clients), analyzing customer needs, quoting new projects, and walking potential clients through the sales process. Key Result Area -- Meet the sales target for the territory each month.
2. Project implementation -- once a customer purchases a system, you need to manage the implementation of the project. You need to be technically comfortable with managing server installations, workstation deployments, installation of software and network systems. Key Result Area -- Customer feedback from installs meets or exceeds targets.
3. Customer support -- while most of our customer support is done remotely, we utilize onsite service from time to time as needed. You will augment our technical services team to ensure that each of our clients is given the highest level possible of customer service. Key Result area -- being accountable for your time, and providing outstanding technical service to our clients.
Compensation Plan: The position is salary plus benefits, commissions, profit sharing, retirement plan, and an expense account.
- Base salary plus commissions, bonuses and profit sharing
- Vehicle Allowance
- Major Medical / Dental / Optical / Prescription allowance after probationary period
- Company Matched IRA Retirement after 1 year service
Holidays and Personal Time
- All company holidays will be time off with full pay
- Personal time off will be extended in accordance with the policy outlined in the team guide
- Compulsory time off will be extended in accordance with the policy outlined in the team guide
- Eligible to receive health benefits in accordance with the current benefits policy of Advantage Technologies, upon completion of probationary period.
- Advantage Technologies maintains an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matched contributions. All employees will be eligible for retirement benefits after 1 year of full time employment. Maintenance and custodial fees for the IRA account are paid by the company.
Travel Expense Account
- Company will provide a corporate card for gas expenses for while on company business
- Company will pay for all hotel expenses while on company business
- Company will allow meal allowance (on company card) if overnight travel is required
- Company will pay all airfare while on company business
- Company will pay all other reasonable expenses on a case by case basis
Bonuses and Profit Sharing
- Company provides a bonus structure available to all employees for referrals and various performance incentives. These bonuses will vary from team to team.
- Company provides profit sharing per the team guide. Employee will be eligible for profit sharing after the completion of their probationary period.
So, do you think you have what it takes to be a TS? Can you build your network, find businesses that can benefit from technology, connect them with a solution, and then help them through the process? If so, we want to talk to you. We've got a great opportunity to be part of an IT firm that is once again featured on the Inc. Magazine Fastest Growing Companies in America. We rock. And if you do, we want you on our team.
Send a copy of your resume as a PDF or word document. Don't send a text file. If you send a text file or something else, you have no business selling and servicing IT. Bring your A game. Looking forward to getting your e-mail.