Advantage Employee Reviews

Very well run company.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Enjoyed my time at advantage ,unfortunately they relocated upstate.learned forklift and warehouse responsibilities.It was a clean and organized warehouse.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Long travel
Learned alot
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, OHDecember 13, 2016
Children's Advantage is a great place to work with amazing people! I worked too hard too quickly and easily became burned out.
Great for someone looking for part time work in sales.
In store Sales Representative/Pet Food Guide (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CANovember 18, 2016
One works Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 4 hours each day. One works in PetSmart engaging customers in conversation and then steering it towards selling Nutro Pet Food and Greenies dental chews. The hardest part of the job is making the quota, but it is a reasonable number to meet. Initially, standing and walking for four hours is taxing, but one gets in shape quickly. The supervisor is helpful and available by phone, text or email. I love my job.
Pros
Free bag of pet food every month
Cons
Part time only, no full time opportunities.
Fun place to work
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMNovember 16, 2016
If you love people and don't mind working weekends and holiday's this is the place for you everyday is a different exciting place to be.I have a great boss.
Good Company to Work For
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 14, 2016
Good company to work for and management is very nice. You work alone 90 % of the time which is nice along with a very flexible schedule. The hardest part can be the travel at times. The most enjoyable part is working alone and being able to adjust your schedule.
Very adaptive work
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WANovember 9, 2016
Working for Advantage has it's up's and downs like any job does. Enjoyed meeting store management and always having new tasks to take on. Personally the management was great and provided all the knowledge and help i could ask for.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Tasks
Great Place to leave about the industry
Category Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2016
This is a decent company to learn from and to get into the CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry. I got a lot of exposure about difference facets of the broker business. If you are not willing to "play the game" of office politics, it is increasing difficult to rise through the ranks.
a steady paced job where anyone has the opportunity to be sucessful
Block Cutter (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, SCNovember 7, 2016
Advantage is a contractor inside Michelin, that gives anyone an opportunity to be sucessful in their own field. There is a base pay and incentive pay.
Very reasonable with time off
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 5, 2016
Good regional management and are willing to work with you. Enjoy working direct with customers in order to help push merchandise setups.
Great company to work for.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 4, 2016
The company cares about their employees. Therefore makes it a great company to work for. A typical work day I will go into stores make sure PepsiCo products are on display that should be, If not I try to get displays of the product. I also check the shelf make sure all items are in stock. I also sell in any promotions deals or anything that ties into the season. This job has allowed me to use my skills very effectively. The hardest part of my job is making sure I work 40 hours. I have no trouble getting everything done and then some, yet still not at 40hours. I love the flexibility of the job along with holidays off. Allows me to do my job, but also have time with family.
inbetween job
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 3, 2016
This is for out going persons who love people and they can cook. It is also good for retirement aged individuals looking for some extra cash. the wage does not change by levels but it is set above average but below desired at a resounding $10/hr for 6 hrs each day schedueled. No vacation no benefits.
Pros
people interactions, moderate pay, traning
Cons
always durring day never nights always work weekends mandatory open 7 days a week always standing, biweekly paycheck, no vacation pay, no benefits
Not good
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2016
Not great place to work. incompetent people that do not know much about business. Used to be ok but after merger with EZ higher management is out of touch
Advantage Solutions
Business Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
They are a good place to work. People are friendly, but they do not provide good training. Office managers are too demanding, want employees to do too many clients so we were unable to provide excellent service.
Pros
Friendly work enironment.
good work inviorment
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHOctober 28, 2016
You run into alot of fun and good people the grocery store that I'm station at is one of the best in ohio. Our management could be alot better the manager is horrible lack people skills.
Pros
free lunch, good hours, fun work environment
Cons
bad management, only part time
Lots of great changes
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2016
Manage day to day operations. Learned a lot about fleet and car rental procedures. Daily use of P&L. The hardest part is that corporate utilizes fleet over miles
Great environment focused on success of the employees
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MAOctober 25, 2016
As a recruiter part of the Advantage team I can say it is the best job I have worked for easily. Would recommend this employment to anyone driven! Will be saddened to leave. It is a shame that relocation is not an option!
Engaging customers in a fun atmosphere
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2016
I would purchase the product, setup my display and engage customers on the product. explaining its ingredients, location, offering a sample and a coupon
Pros
engaging customers, trying various items
Cons
company training was online and no personal contact
Productive workplace with alot of customer contact
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 25, 2016
Was given the workweeks job assignments and it was up to me to complete in a timely and accurate manner. I appreciated the flexibility of work hours. This was a very physical job of moving heavy merchandise, shelving, etc. which I liked. I am a very active person and liked the fast pace and physical requirements. Unfortunately, I injured by left shoulder and now feel as if I need a job that is not as physically demanding as this job. I enjoyed the relationships I made with the Kroger employees as well as helping their customer base as I was on the floor and was available to assist customers with their needs.
Pros
kept physically active and in shape.
Cons
no room for advancement
Work overall
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2016
Advantage Solutions offers high pay but don't guarantee stable hours due to hours given to other employees and slow seasons.
Some months will have more hours and other will have less.

Due to inconsistent hours produced, there are no benefits packages available.

A typical work day would be on weekdays and Sundays 12:30 -6:30p, and Saturdays 10:30a-4:30p.
I have learned to be more careful and cautious in touching customer's property w/o permission aside from shaking hands, try to stay for duration of work, if more than closing cart, stop 1 hr. before clock out, if only cart cleanup work till 15 min before clock out.

Management is okay. They will work w/your conditions and do best keeping employee up to date and informed on changing conditions.
The hardest part of the job would be the long distance travel w/o compensation.

The most enjoyable aspect would be the company paying for different food items for demo and bringing home any left over items after the day has ended.
Pros
Free left over products
Cons
no benefits, unstable hours
No review
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAOctober 20, 2016
Job was fun. Management was insufficient between staff and managers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage. Our community is ready to answer.