AdvantageCare Physicians Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good Staff and Management
Inventory Control Specialist/Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 12, 2017
Fast Paced, multi-tasking. Making sure all orders are done correctly.
Receiving all order and distributing them on a timely basis. Keeping track of all inventory.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Cons
My communte
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 6, 2017
The job it self is a breeze. Typical call center you have your high volume days & your low volume days. Management is ok as long as you do what you have to do & follow the rules.
Pros
Over time
Cons
10 hour shifts
No Growth in Company, Poor leadership
Assistant Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 16, 2017
Leadership has no qualifications. More qualified manager in lower positions suffocated at the bottom. People move up not based on skill and hard work but based on who they know.
Awful place to work, former employee
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2017
The only good thing about this the pay. Management is horrible, most of the supervisors do nothing but talk most of the day about non work related things. When co-workers or myself would have a question we had to go looking for someone because they were in another supervisors cubicle not paying any attention to us. The medical offices we helped were worthless, patient needs something and the office would be the only ones to help in certain situations and they would hang up on us or try to pass the buck. Also patient would call and leave a message to have the office call back and a week later the patient is calling back saying they never received a call and no notes I the file would state anyone tried to call them back. They are always short staffed at the offices and have too many patient but still wanted us to register new patients.I would not recommend anyone to work there or be a patient there.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
busy work environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 7, 2017
Fast paced and busy, but overall enjoyable work enivornment. Work schedule consists of Monday-Friday with one Saturday per month. I really enjoy assisting patients and making coordinating appointments easy for them to navigate.
good people to work with
Director Brand Strategy / Media & Events (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2017
The best part of the job was working with the knowledgable staff from legacy arms of the business who were willing to share their experiences. A lot of good people.
productive and fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
It's a fun place to work, co-worker and management are very friendly but the company don't have proper management but I have learned a lot from this job, my most enjoyable part is to cared for patients
Former doctor there tells it like it is
Former physician (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYJanuary 8, 2017
I worked for AFC in Suffolk county Ny for over 8 years and anyone that says it is a great place to work must either be part of the horrible administration or an employee that was paid to write a good review. Maybe 10 years ago before the company was bought and taken over by Emblem Health it was good but not now. Doctors are overworked, staff are let go for no good reason and without proper warnings. They promote administrative staff that only care about making money and their own advancement. They restrict the patients from seeing specialist doctors because it cuts into profits. Unfortunately what was once a great company to work for has been turned into a money grabbing, callous and unsupportive place to work. Don't even apply for a job here unless you want to be unhappy and want to quit after 1 month!
Pros
Good support staff (medical assistants, receptionists)
Cons
Everything else !
fun work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
on a typical day it gets very demanding. I learned how to give my all the help the patient. Management to helpful . My co works are very helpful the hardest part of the job is when you cant help a patient with there needs . Achieving to help
Pros
vey multi cultral
Cons
alot of very sick patient
Senior Field Service Engineer / System Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
AdvantageCare Physicians is good place to work. Good management and people. I worked at corporate office as Senior Field Service Engineer and team leader for group of Field Service Engineers.
Terrible MD envrionment
MD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2016
Unstable organization that is constantly in flux. Corporate has little to no consideration for physician preference or support. All physicians are pushed to the max.
Please stay away from this company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJune 17, 2016
You will be overworked and under payed. Hours are very long and they do not want to pay you for overtime. If you are looking for growth, you will not get it from this company. A lot of people were layed off becauae of lack of funds, they even cut doctors salaries.
If you're willing to sacrifice your soul, it pays well
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 30, 2016
The supervisors have no clue what's going on. Youre stuck to answer major questions concerning other's healthcare on your own. You're forced to lie and say you're in NYC and even give directions with nothing more than google maps at your finger tips. The actual Dr's that you work for never do their jobs and your supervisors will make jokes all day about how poor the Dr's are to the patients. HATED IT

Not to mention, in the beginning, you talk to all of these people who run the company and work in HR only to discover when orientation is finished that everything they said was a lie and the company is disliked by many.
Pros
Free Lunch Day 1 & 2
Cons
You get forced to work a shift other than what's discussed in your interview.
Worst Place Ever
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2016
This place hired a bunch of us to work in their Brooklyn call center, only to turn around and get rid of all of us 6 months later. But yet they are hiring more reps to work in their Melville and Syracuse locations. The politics in this place is the worse I've ever seen. They can't keep doctors and now they are begging employees to recommend doctors for a bonus. The medical offices are staffed with lazy employees who don't care about the patients. Patients have jump through hoops for referrals to their outside specialist.
Pros
Benefits if you're in the union
Cons
Short breaks, micro-managed, unable to use PTO you earned, unprofessional managers
Hate The JOB
Patient Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 18, 2016
Worst place to work, they clock you constantly, micromanaging for no reason. They even clock you to see how long you are in the bathroom, they will have managers come into the bathroom to look for you.
Cons
micro-managing, no sick days, just PTO, half hour lunch break
Worst place ever!
CSR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
This place is a joke! I've never been treated so horribly by an employer before. They refuse to pay your sick/vacation time even if it's given to you to use. Other offices are rude and unprofessional. I get himg up on by othet employees that dont want to do their jobs. I've left work several times crying because of the way this place runs. If anyone ever thinks about working here, run for the hills!! If I could give less than a 1 star I would.
Fun and good experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 24, 2015
Good team work, co-worker very friendly, help each other while short in staff, good management and very nice job culture with safe job security.
Pros
team work
Cons
8 pm closed
Job
RN - Nurse Care Coordinator/Care Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 31, 2015
Great experience to work in office setting and work with patients hands on. The feeling of satisfaction when seeing a patient happy to receive the services they needed was an awesome feeling.
Start up company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 5, 2015
Typical start up company struggles.

Looking for a change with more stability & structure.

Current job requires travel & I have no problem with travelling for work.
Unstable work environment
manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2015
Stressful start-up, lots of demands. Many people unsure of their future. Dedicated work staff who have been committed. Corporate leadership not managing effectively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvantageCare Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9