PRESS BRAKE SET-UP OPERATOR
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts and assemblies to the medical, defense, aerospace, scientific instrumentation and electronics industries. Advantech is currently recruiting Press Brake Set-Up Operators for both A & B shifts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate a press brake machine following the project details and blueprints.
- Observe machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Inspect "first-part", consult with quality assurance and inspect work pieces throughout the production run for out of tolerance machining.
- Using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial caliper, ensure quality products are produced according to project specifications.
- Periodically operate power roller conveyor and do work by hand.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
With limited supervision and quality work ethic, function as a member of a customer-driven team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved.
Hold oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes.
Maintain adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating.
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives.
Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
Thorough operational knowledge and skills of press brake equipment to be operated, including inspection equipment.
Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
Ability to keep record of time spent and material used.
Ability to use precision measuring tools such as calipers.
Ability to read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine tools.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience.
401 (k) Plan
Employment is contingent upon successful completion or a pre-employment drug screen.