Advantis Credit Union

Advantis Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Good Credit Union
Real Estate Processor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORFebruary 8, 2016
Advantis has great benefits, 401K is awesome. Loved my co-workers but I needed something closer and better pay. Pay is not with the current market.
Pros
benefits, flex schedule
Good company to work for
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 28, 2015
I have learned a lot and grown in my career with this company. They do a great job hiring good employees and I really enjoyed working with my coworkers. This is a great place to work.
Great
Advantis (Current Employee) –  AdvantisDecember 10, 2014
Great company and people. Needs to focus on people who go to school and want to brighten their future with advantis. But it hires within so there is room for growth.
It's been a good experience. I have learned a lot and grown a lot.
Slowly getting better
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, OregonAugust 4, 2014
Advantis is slowly trying to make the workplace more enjoyable for employees, which is nice to see.
Fun work place
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 30, 2013
I love the credit union. Being a part of a small credit union with a family feel has been great!
Detail oriented and focused
Administration Contact Center (Current Employee) –  PortlandMay 30, 2012
-Prepared and maintained accurate records of all customer service calls with present and prospective members.
-Assisted members in obtaining specialized services from other credit union departments as necessary; providing help to members with specific inquiries or service problems.
-Practiced and adhered to all internal policies, procedures in support of risk management and overall safety soundness and the credit unions compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Reserve Requirement for Depository Institutions (Regulation D) etc.
-Provided customer service and technical support for all incoming customer calls, including assistance with website navigation and escalations.
-Preformed other related duties as assigned; Inbound/outbound calls, Opening/Closing accounts, CDss and IRA’s, Wire transfers, Sales and investment services, transferring/dispensing funds.
Pros
healthcare, work life balance
Cons
under developed call center, management does not communicate well
Good Company
Member Relationship Officer, MRO (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 8, 2012
Advantis Credit Union is a good company to work for. Their benefits were $30/month when I worked there for full coverage. In my opinion that is very good coverage. Advantis is a small credit union(120 or so employees and 45,000 members or so). Being a small credit union can be good and bad. I liked knowing everyone in the company, but it did tend to feel more "cliquey" than with the larger banks and credit unions I had worked for in the past. Being a small company is also a negative when it comes to moving up within the company. Be prepared to wait a long time for positions to open up. Another negative to being a smaller company is that change is implemented a lot more. I wasn't sure if the changes were thoroughly thought through sometimes because of how sudden they would be. One day your processing loans, the next your referring them to a loan processor whose position didn't exist a month before that. Branches are leased and not owned. Two of Advantis's busiest branches will have changed locations within the last 5 years. If these things don't bother you I'd recommend working at Advantis. Overall, a very good credit union who values and respects their employees.
Pros
hr & management values and respects employees
Cons
lots of changes you must learn to adapt to quickly

Advantis Credit Union Reviews by Location