Advent Software Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work
San Francisco, California, Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Awesome place to work. If I had to do all over again I would have stayed at Advent Software. Wonderful co workers and very relaxed place to learn. Management was very understanding and supportive.
Great Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2017
At Advent Software, I worked heavily on reporting and analytics as well as modifying business continuity plans. Working there was a great experience and i have learned alot.
good place to work in Jax
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2017
I enjoy working at Advent, although the culture has become more corporate in the last year. I would recommend Advent to someone in Finance looking for better work/life balance.
Interesting
Client Service Associate Intern (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2017
The atmosphere in Advent is a awesome atmosphere and the people are wonderful. Without even being there a full month I was already hanging out with coworkers outside of work because they were so nice. They preach no micro managing inside the company but I feel like they are a little to lenient.
Google-ish type culture with ping pong tables
Support (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2017
The work place is fun, however after the merger there have been many changes in leadership and benefits aren't as good as before. Managers could use more training as well
Pros
Free lunches, on-site cafeteria
Cons
benefits, middle management
Used to be a good place to be...
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2017
Since the recent acquisition, things have changed. Although efforts are being made to "modernize" the application suite, the loss of many skilled and experienced engineers will hamper that effort.
The culture is not the same.
Advent was a very energy driven software company
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2017
Advent was a fun company to work for because of the people. The product was easy to user for clients and helped them manage their assets under managment
Great company to work for!
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2017
Great company to work for! Advent allows you to have a work/life balance, they offer good benefits, co-workers, managers and over all job culture is why I love working there.
Smart and hard working people
Member of Technical Staff (Staff Business Analyst) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2016
I worked there prior to the SS&C acquisition. The company had great culture, and had smart and dedicated people working there, who really cared.
Advent
Security Supervisor/ Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 30, 2016
Advent was a super cool place to work. The people made working there nice. I left the company with some friends and that was awesome. Hope this helps you.
Nice people at Advent but change can be slow
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2016
I learned a lot at Advent. People are nice so often means lack of constructive criticism. Surprised at the amount of politics as I tried transfer into another department.
Jacksonville office fun place to work.
Cash Application Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 10, 2015
California corporate office not so friendly and understanding. Feel they were a little disgruntled at the opening of the Jax office. My training in CA was very insufficient.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
dealing with the CA office
lots of uncertainties after been acquired by SS&C
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 17, 2015
Used to be good, many people work from home and you can take your dog to the office. Now better check other places for safety. Projects may take years without been able to deliver at last.
Pros
Work from home, bring your dog to office.
Cons
Too many fights and dog bites.
Work hard, play hard
Client Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2015
Amazing people, training, office environment, sales kickoff trips, and industry. My typical day was full of prospecting and creating new outreach campaigns, demonstrations of products, strategizing with manager and teammates, returning voicemails and answering emails, plus pushing sales deals forward to closing. I learned extensively about the financial services space and how our products would be valuable to financial advisors, portfolio managers, hedge funds and fund administrators. My co-workers were there for me always. I used them extensively as resources which added in my promotion and to ramp up quickly to be the #3 top performing rep in the company. I loved everyday working there.
Growing company with great benefits
Sales Contract and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2014
The best company ever! Management was great, awesome benefits, career advancement, professional, adaptable and fun.
Great people but no idea how to execute on strategy
Staff Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, amazing work/life balance, solid company foundation
Cons: little opportunity for advancement, untrustworthy management, executive team has no idea how to execute on their cloud strategy,
Pros and Cons
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2014
Great work/life balance. Management in Product Development is a mixed bag, while there are some brilliant and effective minds there, others leave a lot to be desired. People are Advent are generally nice and there used to be lots of very long term employees there. Many have left recently due to all the changes within the company.
Pros
Work/life balance, fair pay
Cons
management, career advancement
Caring group of young people in Jax
CA (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2014
It's a decent place to work with a good group of people. Ping pong, free food, free drinks and no micromanaging.
project lead
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 20, 2014
I only worked there for 3 months, typical software company, people are intelligent
Work enviroment overall is a great company
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2013
I worked about 8 years for this company from the old building to the new location I did assist with the relocation and totally did enjoy working for this company, probably one of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
nice HR and Facilities people overall the comunity.
Cons
good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advent Software. Our community is ready to answer.