ADVENTIST HEALTH BAKERSFIELD Employee Reviews

fast paced billing office
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 12, 2018
scared work was always practiced by the billing office and customer service to our patients and helping our patients have always been our number 1 priority.
profession workplace
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Very keen professionals whose education is held high to give every patient the best service. From the staff and crew you feel welcomed and cared for .
great place
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 30, 2017
This a great place to start as registered nurse. There are many learn opportunities and education is a plus. I would recommend this facility to nurses.
hours were not flexable.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 25, 2017
I loved working there left due to the hours, I had told my supervisors if I could be considered for a day time position however they gave it to a younger less experiences coworker.
Quite
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 18, 2017
San Joaquin hospital is a quite place to work, hardly have to work with the public. Clean place to work. Enjoyed what I did while I worked there. I liked my department.
Pros
Early off on Fridays
Cons
Spent a lot of money at star bucks
Great place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 28, 2017
Loved working here. The people seem to build clicks though.
Great pay. Great benefits. Learned a lot . They do seem to go through employees pretty quick.
Volunteer Services
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 27, 2017
During my time in San Joaquin Hospital, I was a volunteer. My time was given not paid for. However, I did enjoy my time there. The employees were welcoming and accepted any volunteers in their department with open arms.
Good team atmosphere
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 8, 2017
Good hospital to work for. Unit works very well together. Big hospital with lots of resources. I would stay at this hospital if I wasn't moving out of the area.
Excellent place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed working for this hospital. Co-workers become your like your family. It is a fast paced environment. The leaders I worked under were very professional and became mentors.
productive workplace
Receptionist/Billing (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93301June 20, 2017
I enjoyed knowing the experience of billing as coming out of school this was my first attempt in actually doing billing it was a very fun experience and a great challenge.
Productive, fast-paced emergency department
Emergency DepartmentTechnician/ Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 31, 2017
As we all know, Emergency Department is a fast paced environment to work at , so it is always BUSY. Everyday is different, we don't know what kind of patients we will be receiving or coming in, be it a patient with acute or chronic problems; abdominal pain, toe pain, chest pain or patient's having a stroke or a heart attack, etc. Being in the ED, one must be mentally and physically strong and prepared for whatever comes. Our management tries the best they can to make everything run smoothly. It is hard and stressful when we are short staff, however, the hardest part of our job is that when we loose a patient and see their family after. Most enjoyable part of the job is learning different things everyday, meeting and caring for different kinds of people with different culture and beliefs.
Wouldn't recommend this place
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 24, 2017
Awesome staff but horrible management/administration. Constantly changing out people in administration (example 3 different CEOs and 3 different CNOs in the 7 years I've been there). Do not fairly compensate staff. Very money hungry, care more for money than they do about employees.
Productive staffing audits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 24, 2017
working hours were from 7:30am to 4:30pm, I would start my morning with coffee and oat mail while checking emails and submitting audits then before lunch I would do roundings for over 26 different department, I would also get everyone ready for state board of California along with the government to avoid the hospital from getting fined or sided. I would also make sure more than 2000 employees if they were up to date with their monthly education videos.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and being able to remember them for the second time.
Pros
free lunches, Starbucks around the corner, Pto hours being offered, along with over time paid hours.
Cons
short breaks
Great workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work includes assisting chiefs and other executives fetch coffee, ensure efficient operations, emails, heavy phones, disseminate information all day long, preparing agendas, meeting minutes, mail, setting up conference room, managing busy calendars, updating board licensures, and preparing for board meetings ... very, very busy pace! Disclaimer, you are never denied lunch, but you are so busy you're lucky to get one. Good job security.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Parking
Ok
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 10, 2017
Terrible place no hours and they seem to call you every time you have a day off I would recommend it if you don't have a life but if you have a life stay away
Pros
No hours
Cons
Mislead
Team Work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 5, 2017
I wish this job was contracted directly through the hospital so we all had the same benefits other then that it is a great place of employment. Everyone is very close and works together.
Hostile
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 30, 2017
I was asked to come in for night shifts and take lunch at a certain time so not to look like overtime, but no one was available to cover me. I was sick and was told I needed to work faster or go home.
Pros
pay
Cons
the staff, Management, the hour, their morals
loved the people in this place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 16, 2017
great fun, very religious, they pray with you.coworkers would call you and see if you need help with your floor.and also the nurses aids would help you .all and all a lot of friendly staff and people.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
no free food
Not a family anymore
Emergency Room Technician/Emergency Room Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 6, 2017
I am no longer there. I remember when I was we were like family and close. We trusted each other and counted on each other and knew where we each were and knew we were doing our job. Yes there are those who are not and we know who those are to. That is why they know who works hard and who doesn't. The atmosphere has changed. No one smiles or laughs and I have been told I have a flat affect but that is because I don't feel wanted there and if I do talk or try to have a conversation I feel like that are not listening and then I feel stupid so I decided not to talk and got in trouble for that. I miss my patients and the families. I wasn't able to move up my clinical ladder. I had been there for years and now I guess I did not fit in the puzzle piece any more.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Atmosphre, Rudeness, Egos
Amazing Company Overall, Difficult Pockets
Revenue Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 19, 2017
There is such a wonderful culture of patient-centered care and a lot of talk about work-life balance and being kind to each other. And that does happen in many of the work areas, but of course it really must depend on the people and the efforts they put forth every day, choosing their actions and words toward patients, families, and co-workers.
I've had amazing days at work where I learned so much, had confidence in my job and really loved what I was doing. Then there was the opposite, where I felt torn down, belittled, worked against, and threatened, all because of attitudes others were projecting.
A typical day begins with our standard charges, and we may pick up projects along the way that require learning on the go.
I started as a floor nurse, and as a Revenue Integrity Specialist, grew into my knowledge base of coding, billing, ICD-9 & 10, CPTs, DRGs, audits, and so many other things! As I said, constant learning, which is now a huge star on my resume. This is due to the strict education of our manager.
For me, management has been just as big of a positive as it has a negative. It's tough love. Just be very aware of your own actions and words, as they can be used against you.
The workplace culture can be nice and it can be difficult. Sometimes it just feels tense. Make sure you are on the same page of understanding with the leadership, or the enjoyable part of the job will quickly become the most difficult part.
Pros
Hours: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Cons
Strict Vacation Rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADVENTIST HEALTH BAKERSFIELD. Our community is ready to answer.

ADVENTIST HEALTH BAKERSFIELD Reviews by Location