Adventist Health Central Valley Network

Adventist Health Central Valley Network Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
I enjoy the team work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 24, 2017
I was a per diem worker who worked there for years An could never land a full time position. I got passed up way more experience than others. It's who you know An who they want.
Pros
You get over time
Bad place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dinuba, CAAugust 24, 2017
Poor management. Manager only advances her family and friends . Its not by experience .. rhis is supposed to be a christian based and supposly they take there moto seriously but there liars ..they should let staff evaluate managers
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Rewarding and fulfilling work
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 17, 2017
I have worked here for 9+ years. I have greatly enjoyed my time with Adventist, I have met and worked with alot of great people and have worked at many facilities. The atmosphere is professional but friendly and while the work is not easy it is very rewarding.
Respiratory staff respected well
Gonzalo Varello, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 22, 2017
I had to respond on the Code Blue teams to all emergencies and had to perform if needed Adult Intubations with the doctor at bedside and assist with trach changes with some ventilator patients at bedside or in the ICU Units. The work environment can be stressful at any given moment and some hospital staff felt the pressure when it was necessary to step up and save a life. You take the good with the bad and do the best you can with the co-departments and equipment you have on hand to work with.
Pros
Nice work loads
Cons
travel time affected
Look else ware, not worth it!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 28, 2017
Security manager are head hunters, not the smart kind. Security managers have no people skills and are very vindictive. You are just a number literally. Very high turnover because of poor management. No valid training. Was told use common sense when I started with no training. AH claims to be a christian business but you would never know by the way you are treated.
Pros
It's not prison.
Cons
No valid training. Vindictive. Poor pay and hours. Lies from management. Management are idiots.
Rural but fun
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAMay 30, 2017
Er was where I was at. Busy and always running. Good staff, super helpful. Management listened and tri d to treat employees well. Only hospital in county so it can be overwhelming. Drs and staff always willing to help.
good work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Selma, CAMay 9, 2017
I love to work and every day is starting with encouragement , learning and confidentiality. very good management , team work and respectful environment to work.
Overall a good company
Employee in Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 21, 2017
Adventist Health has fair wages, the people are all around pleasant for the most part, and the insurance coverage is very cheap. I enjoyed my time there, though depending on the department you work in, advancement can be limited.
friendly and room to grow
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 3, 2017
in the little time i worked there i noticed the benefits to grow at this place.Job wasnt stressful and didnt notice too many people that looked miserable.
Pros
busy, friendly staff
Cons
per-diem but it wasnt bad
Review
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work for. Supervisors and all staff are very friendly. Equipment is all up to date. Everyone is so friendly that it makes it such an easy place to work and enjoy what i do.
productive
Environmental Services/Courier (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Clean patient rooms, delivery rooms, surgery rooms, short stay area, waiting rooms, emergency rooms, front lobby area, etc; learned hospital standards and universal precautions, cleaning was an ongoing thing and never ended, knowing that i made a difference and always put a smile on a patients face when they were not feeling well.
Review
Medical Imaging/Radiology Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Amazing company to work for. I started working for Adventist 15 years ago as a cafeteria employee and Adventist has given me an opportunity to advance in my career.
Great Place to work
Pre-Bill Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I was only sad that my assigment had ended. I had a liaison not a manager so that could have made things a little rough. I would go back and work for them again if a posistion opens up that I am qualified for.
Pros
nice people, they take care of their staff, you work 4 day at 10 hours and get friday off at 12, they have church in the morning before you start your shift, its optinal
Cons
they hire you on as contract for small projects and when the project is done so are you.
Excellent work environment
Director Risk Management Patient Relations (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Leadership dedicated to employee satisfaction. Rated 4+ in Gallup surveys. Competitive compensation and benefits. Faith based organization. Located in Central Valley of California.
Poor Management
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 17, 2016
It is hard to advance in the company because the directors and managers hire people they know or their colleagues family or friends. Over the past 10 years I have witnessed this many times. With Adventist it's not "what you know, it's who you know".
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism, poor ethics
management teams fail to lead by example
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Selma, CAApril 20, 2016
Management team is quick to dismiss all ideas by immediate employees that do the work daily. Management struggles to listen and implement feedback from staff. Management denies any wrong doing in allowing favoritism and denies that favoritism creates hardships on other staff members. Management focuses to much on what 'providers' needs are versus what's best for the the employees completing the providers request. Management often covers up for others they favor when job duties aren't being meant. In short, good employees leave and negative employees stay.
Pros
8-5, no weekend
Cons
The whole work experience is negative, and emotionally draining. Expectationts from management is to always take and never to give.
I worked per diem at this job and was not offered enough hours
Janitor services for healthcare facility hospital (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAJanuary 29, 2016
I was responsible for trash pick up, dirty linen pick-up, putting clean linen in storage closet. I cleaned bathrooms, patient rooms, X-ray, ER, and other parts of hospital. I enjoyed visiting with patients and providing them a clean room. I also liked my co-workers and doing a job well.
nice and friendly environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 27, 2016
a typical day at Adventist Health Central Valley Network, early morning rounds. between 16 to 24 patients for am draws. keep tract of all other test added and timed study test. receiving emergency room drop offs. assisting emergency room with there hard sticks. I have learned that you have to really be a team player to work in a fast place department and be able to communicate with one another. management is always willing able to help with working around people schedule if needed. they are very understanding. mostly all co-workers get along in and outside of work. Hardest part of the job, is the disappointment within your self if unable to get blood from a patient. (Hard Stick). also there is no advancement. I enjoy being able to interact with people and assisting them with their needs.
Pros
environment is positive
Cons
no advancement
Busy and Overwhelming at times!
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 17, 2016
I love the work I do at Adventist Health in Hanford, CA. But you never know from one day to the next if you will have a job. There is no job security at any Adventist Health!!!
Pros
Great hours, good benefits.
Cons
No job security, bad working conditions, job requirments change often
work is challenging and at the same time fun
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CANovember 4, 2015
Pleasant place to work with supportive colleagues you can turn to if you need support and help. Management is fair and care for the welfare of their workers..
Pros
plenty of oppurtunities
Cons
work can be busy sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health Central Valley Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Adventist Health Central Valley Network Reviews by Location