Adventist Health System Employee Reviews

Learned so much working on the medical surgical floors
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2017
Overall much improvement and care received Since Adventist took over the quality of patient care and surroundings is excellent I would be a patient there myself if circumstances warrent.
Growing Pains
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2017
It's going through a big transition phase. Lots of construction and new management. I think because of the location of the facility, it will always be a challenging place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 18, 2017
The atmosphere at Adventist is supportive, fast paced and friendly. I have had support in my schooling and as a clinical coach. The staff is supportive and always willing to help out. I have a great manager that is willing to lend bedside support and is always trying to help the staff realize their full potential.
Fast Paced office environment
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 16, 2017
Fast paced office environment. Enjoyed working with a wide variety of co-workers and positions. I retired from this position, because of new demands of my position going salary and mandating more hours.
Great Culture and Organization
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 15, 2017
Great company to start your career. If you're not in one of the main office branches, you can't expect any personal development or career openings for further growth.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Favoritism, Mgmt Unprefessionalism
Good work site
help dek (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 15, 2017
The facility was exiting because of the constant event taking placed.
Wish there was more to provide training to help create more leaders instead of favorites having the ability to be a leader.
Pros
Free food
work day
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2017
I worked on very fast paced unit with acutely ill patients. My colleagues were fantastic and we worked well as a team. Most of the doctors were pleasant.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Workplace
level 2 lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work and learn,was trained to do micro about a yr ago love,now it will open more doors for me thanks to my job,people here know how to work as a team and knows the meaning of being a team player
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shorts breaks indeed
Best place to work!
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2017
Adventist Health System is the best place to work in my opinion! Many opportunities for advancement, and moving up in different fields!

A typical day consists of a very fast paced environment but great team work and consistency is key!
excellent workplace environment with positive atmosphere
Nurse Assistant/clinical associate (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed the everyday experiences at SMMC with the flexibility of working hours, excellent benefits and wages. Its the best place to work in Johnson county as a hard worker in healthcare to give quality healthcare. safe and protected. friendly and treated with respect, wonderful teamwork.
Pros
free lunches periodically
Cons
cancelled due to low census
Work was wonderful
Lab assistant and Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLOctober 9, 2017
They have a great team work, enjoyable and good atmosphere.
I learn more about microbiology
The most enjoyably part of the job is when I learned new things.
Excellent patient care, working conditions and benefits
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLOctober 9, 2017
I am very fortunate to work with an excellent team of nurses and other patient care professionals. The hospital focuses on quality of patient care. Negative feedback is used as a tool for correctiive action and professional growth.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2017
I've worked for Adventist for over a year now and I absolutely love the people I work with! The doctors are patient and will take the time to educate you, the work culture is diverse and they allow you to embrace your culture
Not enough advancement
ANALYST CLIENT SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2017
Communication is poor, and management has an entirely too high turnover rate. Very little opportunity for career advancement. Morale is pretty low, and just not a positive environment
Rating florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Registration agent for out-patient surgery center (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLOctober 4, 2017
It is a great hospital with wonderful doctors however the management team was bad,Other employees were allowed to bully you and nothing was done about it.
A christian hospital
Clinical Pastoral Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLOctober 3, 2017
This is a very nice christian-centered hospital, and the staffs, nurses and doctors are very responsible and easy-going. And they have a pretty nice and tasty cafeteria!
Wonderful place to learn and grow
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLOctober 2, 2017
I love the comradery and teamwork. Excellent leadership with understanding and patience. Ample chance to grow in whatever direction one chooses to go.
The good and the bad
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  PodiatrySeptember 29, 2017
The good is it is a full time job. They will work around your family life. If you ask for sponsorship for your child's team they will tell you they don't have the funds. There is no raises and when hired they will hire you for less then what you were paid before. Raises are determined by a scale of all personal in your job frame. If you make less then the average you may get a raise. There is a lack of communication within the job setting.
Absolutely Dreadful human resources department
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Durand, WISeptember 29, 2017
The human resource department at this facility consists of one person who has high school diploma and is a backstabbing two-timing two-faced awful woman. In my time working there I witnessed several long-term employees be fired for no reason whatsoever.... except for the fact that either she didn't like them or they were questioning her system. Don't waste your time here.
Cons
Terrible management and an awful human resource department and the CEO is just as awful
a good learning experence
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 27, 2017
I would not recommend working there or at least in my department. Not based on the company, although it was very unorganized with no structure but because of some of the people who worked there. It was a real watch your back type of place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.