Adventist Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Nice work environment
Claims Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 27, 2016
Overall a great company to work for. They are NOT competitive with salary compared to other big corporations in the same market. Benefits are ok and match pretty much every other company out there. No real room for advancement unless you are part of the church or go back to work out in the actual facilities. Hours are not crazy and they do promote healthy work-life balance which is very nice.
Pros
Nice office setting, free coffee, decent parking, employee engagement events
Cons
Pay, no real opportunity for advancement, outdated computers and some office equipment.
friendly co workers and helpful managers
PRE-ACCESS SPECIALIST/ INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  BOLINGBROOK, ILSeptember 16, 2015
I have been working here for the almost thirteen years, I like and enjoy what I am doing. Will stay here for as long as I could but my husband got relocated and we need to move to a different state.
Pros
bonus for achievers
Cons
stressful
Most impressive implementation operation I have ever seen
Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 9, 2015
Adventist, hands down, runs the most efficient and comprehensive implementation of healthcare technology of any organization I have ever encountered. I learned a significant amount in the time that I was there which enabled me to refine my own methodologies. The challenge I encountered that impacted my work/life balance was the amount of travel that was required at the time I was there (we were rolling out the Cerner implementation). I had two small children and I was on the road 4 - 5 days a week and then working on weekends when I was home.

The culture of the organization was outstanding, creating an environment of mutual respect and calm. Unique for any organization - this is rooted in their faith based model which encourages a meditative approach to communication - think first, speak later. A habit everyone should adopt.
Pros
Culture, pay, benefits, operation/implementation management
Cons
work/life balance, career advancement
Progressive Healthcare IT Environment on Cutting Edge
Director of Clinical Applications (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 8, 2015
I am currently responsible for a team of 35 including 3 managers and 32 nursing and technical application analysts that support over 30 facilities from a central location for clinical documentation within the systems electronic health record. Typical daily work includes day to day operations of the team, strategic planning for projects and resourcing, customer service to all facilities for production support, 24/7 accountability, managing projects to completion and meeting deadlines, incident, risk and resolution accountability, budget planning, and HR responsibilities. This is a very fast paced, progressive environment that likes to be on the cutting edge of implementing the latest technology availably for healthcare environments. I enjoy leading and directing teams and projects. I have developed the current team structure and am in the process of building and education all team members to become a high functioning, productive team. The company has a great mission and values system that believes in dignity, respect and healing to all and is very good to it's employees.
its okay
Charge Auditor/Clinical Informatics Assistant (Former Employee) –  calhoun georgiaJune 17, 2015
the staff was good a lot of clicks but I was able to do my job without default, I learned a lot on this job on the auditor side of things I would recommend this facility for employment
Enjoyed working there for 23 years
Director of Marketing, Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed a 23 year career with AHS but was downsized due to a merger with another larger health care provider.

Great co-workers.
Great Mission Statement and Values.
Enjoyed how each day was different from the previous day.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Lack of Leadership Development Training
Tbd
Corporate Director of Performance Improvement (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLMarch 9, 2015
Depending on what you are looking for this could be a great place, but if you are not willing to play the game don't bother.
Leadership goals and opportunities are not align with departmental objectives
Advanced technology Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Review of product-due diligence of products
Review of quality outcomes
Coordinatate and meet with new vendors.as well as established vendors to determine business plan
Admin
Executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 28, 2014
Great company to work for. Good Pay. Learned a lot about administration in a hospital setting.
Operations Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland,FLOctober 17, 2014
Great place to work, strong values, job security. Loved the challenge of the job which kept me interested in work
Ok place to work for.
Advanced Imaging Engineer (Illinois) (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale IllinoisOctober 15, 2014
I enjoyed working for Hinsdale Hospital great people and I learned a lot there.
Pros
enjoyed all the challenges there .
Cons
none .
Family atmosphere
RN in the Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Lampasas, TXOctober 2, 2014
I worked in ER in the rural sister facility and the ICU at the larger hospital. The staff were all very supportive of each other and management as well. The hardest part of the job was the stress of life and death situations but that is also the best. To know you were able to truly affect a patient's or family members life that day.
Pros
supportive work environment
Cons
few continuing education opportunities on site
Very sociable and employee oriented
Therapy aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Nice people and patient to work with. Best managerial experience.
Amazing experience
RN staff nurse/educator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 11, 2014
I was hired on as a staff nurse. After my orientation, I was picked due to my wound care experience to aid the staff with wound education and became the on floor wound nurse for the physicians on the unit. '
Pros
growth in the company
Patients are last priority
RN (Former Employee) –  Midwest: LaGrange/Hinsdale, ILMarch 29, 2014
I would not recommend this job if you are a nurse. The bottom line for each unit is budget and the managers are there to ensure the $$$ amount is kept as low as possible. They could not care less about the patients or their care, unless, of course, they would complain and tarnish the hospital's reputation. You don't have time to give the patients the care you'd like to provide or know you should anyway. It's all about documenting...whether you did it or not.

Managers encourage the staff to report their peers for everything, rather than to work it out. It's like "tattle taling" and then a nice neat list is kept to throw at you when needed. It's really disgusting & frustrating for mature professionals.

The nursing management is like a bunch of high school girls playing professionals with absolutely no people skills, but now they have the power to stick it to the ones they don't like. I'm not kidding!
Pros
peers
Cons
management
Team member support of computers / software for more than 75,000 end users
Customer Support Analyst Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 13, 2014
Assist 50-60 customers with a variety of issue from computer systems operation to network and software issues. Each issue address provided me the opportunity to fine tune my problem resolution skills and customer communications.
There is nothing more satisfying than helping a customer with software or hardware issues that is effecting their daily work. Often the customer is very upset but with my years of customer support skills I'm able to calm them down with reassurance and quick work to resolve their problem(s).
Pros
friends and feelings of accomplishment
Cons
no opportunities for advacement
great company to work for , trade you like family
PC Technician/Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2013
Addressed technical issues experienced and reported by 500+ end users, additionally installing & troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues. Assessed and recommended vendor packages for installation as well as end-user applications. Performed software testing. Conferred with key management staff about end-user equipment issues, proposing viable solutions
Nepotism Routinely Observed. Evil Management Throughout.
RN (Current Employee) –  LaGrange/Hinsdale HospitalsSeptember 14, 2013
The 5 star reviews posted by Human Resources and marketing personnel, could not be further from the truth! ... Very obvious attempts to boost ratings on this site. In true Adventist form, blatant LIES being spoken here as well.

Anyone who has ever worked for Adventist Midwest (Hinsdale, Lagrange, Bolingbrook and Glen Oaks hospitals) can attest to the virulent administrators and managers @ these facilities.
This "faith based" organization loves to preach, pray and claim to be "Christian"...However, their actions and treatment of employees and patients is FAR FROM CHRISTIAN.
$$$$ is the #1 priority. Patient care and employees are an afterthought.

Discard any thoughts you have of being affiliated with this organization. (in any capacity)

EVIL LURKS HERE!!!!!!
Pros
parking
Cons
below average pay, depressing morale, managers exempt from treating employees with respect, promotions not based on merit, but rather what your last name is, revolving door of hr personnel and constant shifting of managers/administrators
Friendy, fun, and interactive workplace!
Human Resources Employee (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Starting off as an HR intern and now beginning my first "big kid job" with Adventist has been such an amazing experience. Yes, it is a lot of work- but what job isn't? And even though it may be a lot of work, I cannot explain how much support I have behind me as well as how many genuinely nice people I have met along the way. Walking into a hospital and having people acknowledge you left and right is not easy to find, but here you will find it.

The management and leaders are actually known and always there to talk to in a comfortable manner, which I really admire. I continue to learn more and more each day with people that I truly enjoy spending time with all while I am doing my job. Not one day goes by without a smile or some sort of laughter.

Thank you AMH for giving me such an amazing experience the past eight months, and to my future endeavors with you as as well.
Pros
warm and comfortable environment, many opportunities for growth, faith based, multiple locations, helpful resources
Wonderful, supportive work environment
Website Content (Current Employee) –  Regional sitesSeptember 3, 2013
I joined the AMH team about a year and a half ago and have received nothing but support since the day I started. Managers, directors and executive staff are committed to helping every employee succeed. Moreover, I truly believe they want their employees to enjoy coming to work every day - something I think they're very good at.

As another reviewer mentioned, hard work is valued and rewarded here. When you're putting a lot of effort into what you do, management will take notice.

The most enjoyable part of working here would be the rest of the team - there are a lot of wonderful people that work in this organization, something I'm very thankful for when I come into work every morning.
Pros
mission, management, opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.