Adventist Health System

Adventist Health System United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there for 23 years
Director of Marketing, Public Relations (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great employees
Cons: Lack of Leadership Development Training
I enjoyed a 23 year career with AHS but was downsized due to a merger with another larger health care provider.

Great co-workers.
Great Mission Statement and Values.
Enjoyed how each day was different from the previous day.
Pending
Director of Performance Improvement and Quality (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FlMarch 15, 2015
Great SDA denominational organization with great potential to extend the healing ministry of Christ to the world...Great SDA denominational organization with great potential to extend the healing ministry of Christ to the world...
TBD
Corporate Director of Performance Improvement (Current Employee), Apopka, FLMarch 9, 2015
Depending on what you are looking for this could be a great place, but if you are not willing to play the game don't bother.
Leadership goals and opportunities are not align with departmental objectives
Advanced technology Leader (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Review of product-due diligence of products
Review of quality outcomes
Coordinatate and meet with new vendors.as well as established vendors to determine business plan
Admin
Executive assistant (Former Employee), Killeen, TXDecember 28, 2014
Great company to work for. Good Pay. Learned a lot about administration in a hospital setting.
Operations Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Maitland,FLOctober 17, 2014
Great place to work, strong values, job security. Loved the challenge of the job which kept me interested in work
Ok place to work for.
Advanced Imaging Engineer (Illinois) (Former Employee), Hinsdale IllinoisOctober 15, 2014
Pros: enjoyed all the challenges there .
Cons: none .
I enjoyed working for Hinsdale Hospital great people and I learned a lot there.
Family atmosphere
RN in the Emergency Department (Former Employee), Lampasas, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: supportive work environment
Cons: few continuing education opportunities on site
I worked in ER in the rural sister facility and the ICU at the larger hospital. The staff were all very supportive of each other and management as well. The hardest part of the job was the stress of life and death situations but that is also the best. To know you were able to truly affect a patient's or family members life that day.
Very sociable and employee oriented
Therapy aide/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Nice people and patient to work with. Best managerial experience.
Patients are last priority
RN (Former Employee), Midwest: LaGrange/Hinsdale, ILMarch 29, 2014
Pros: peers
Cons: management
I would not recommend this job if you are a nurse. The bottom line for each unit is budget and the managers are there to ensure the $$$ amount is kept as low as possible. They could not care less about the patients or their care, unless, of course, they would complain and tarnish the hospital's reputation. You don't have time to give the patients the care you'd like to provide or know you should anyway. It's all about documenting...whether you did it or not.

Managers encourage the staff to report their peers for everything, rather than to work it out. It's like "tattle taling" and then a nice neat list is kept to throw at you when needed. It's really disgusting & frustrating for mature professionals.

The nursing management is like a bunch of high school girls playing professionals with absolutely no people skills, but now they have the power to stick it to the ones they don't like. I'm not kidding!
Team member support of computers / software for more than 75,000 end users
Customer Support Analyst Help Desk (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: friends and feelings of accomplishment
Cons: no opportunities for advacement
Assist 50-60 customers with a variety of issue from computer systems operation to network and software issues. Each issue address provided me the opportunity to fine tune my problem resolution skills and customer communications.
There is nothing more satisfying than helping a customer with software or hardware issues that is effecting their daily work. Often the customer is very upset but with my years of customer support skills I'm able to calm them down with reassurance and quick work to resolve their problem(s).
great company to work for , trade you like family
PC Technician/Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2013
Addressed technical issues experienced and reported by 500+ end users, additionally installing & troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues. Assessed and recommended vendor packages for installation as well as end-user applications. Performed software testing. Conferred with key management staff about end-user equipment issues, proposing viable solutions
Nepotism Routinely Observed. Evil Management Throughout.
RN (Current Employee), LaGrange/Hinsdale HospitalsSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: parking
Cons: below average pay, depressing morale, managers exempt from treating employees with respect, promotions not based on merit, but rather what your last name is, revolving door of hr personnel and constant shifting of managers/administrators
The 5 star reviews posted by Human Resources and marketing personnel, could not be further from the truth! ... Very obvious attempts to boost ratings on this site. In true Adventist form, blatant LIES being spoken here as well.

Anyone who has ever worked for Adventist Midwest (Hinsdale, Lagrange, Bolingbrook and Glen Oaks hospitals) can attest to the virulent administrators and managers @ these facilities.
This "faith based" organization loves to preach, pray and claim to be "Christian"...However, their actions and treatment of employees and patients is FAR FROM CHRISTIAN.
$$$$ is the #1 priority. Patient care and employees are an afterthought.

Discard any thoughts you have of being affiliated with this organization. (in any capacity)

EVIL LURKS HERE!!!!!!
Friendy, fun, and interactive workplace!
Human Resources Employee (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: warm and comfortable environment, many opportunities for growth, faith based, multiple locations, helpful resources
Starting off as an HR intern and now beginning my first "big kid job" with Adventist has been such an amazing experience. Yes, it is a lot of work- but what job isn't? And even though it may be a lot of work, I cannot explain how much support I have behind me as well as how many genuinely nice people I have met along the way. Walking into a hospital and having people acknowledge you left and right is not easy to find, but here you will find it.

The management and leaders are actually known and always there to talk to in a comfortable manner, which I really admire. I continue to learn more and more each day with people that I truly enjoy spending time with all while I am doing my job. Not one day goes by without a smile or some sort of laughter.

Thank you AMH for giving me such an amazing experience the past eight months, and to my future endeavors with you as as well.
Wonderful, supportive work environment
Website Content (Current Employee), Regional sitesSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: mission, management, opportunities
I joined the AMH team about a year and a half ago and have received nothing but support since the day I started. Managers, directors and executive staff are committed to helping every employee succeed. Moreover, I truly believe they want their employees to enjoy coming to work every day - something I think they're very good at.

As another reviewer mentioned, hard work is valued and rewarded here. When you're putting a lot of effort into what you do, management will take notice.

The most enjoyable part of working here would be the rest of the team - there are a lot of wonderful people that work in this organization, something I'm very thankful for when I come into work every morning.
I look forward to going to work everyday!
Regional CREATION Health and Wellness Manager (Current Employee), La Grange, ILAugust 30, 2013
Pros: wellness, great leadership development opportunities, mission
I started off as a Quality Associate and had the opportunity to move into my new role as the Regional CREATION Heath and Wellness Manager a few months ago. From the start of my career as an associate, I had support to be successful and reach my dreams of implementing wellness at a site level and eventually the region level. Through the process, not only did I receive support from front line staff and managers, but executives. Not only did I receive support from my department, but other departments and hospitals through out the region. I love what I do with the mission of extending the healing ministry of Christ lived out everyday by employees keeping me coming back. In three years, I've had many great experiences and look forward to more to come.
If you are a creative leader then this company is for you!
HR (Current Employee), Regional sitesAugust 30, 2013
Pros: culture, faith based, ability to flex easily through levels, management team has open door policy, great suburban locations
Cons: flexible hours and telecommuting are not yet possible here
In my role here, I am able to work through highly innovative and creative process changes to enhance customer satisfaction, efficiencies, and function to elicit top performance. My position at Adventist Midwest Health has enabled me to do what I do best every day. There is a wealth of opportunity and enough work to go around.

The leaders here are warm and welcoming, but be prepared to WORK. Everybody who succeeds here does it by working very hard. The culture here is second to none and given the boutique nature of this health system (faith based) I would expect that.

If you are not afraid of a challenge and want to make an impact on the face of healthcare at AMH quickly, then this might be the company for you!
Managed all aspects of IT and communications at 4 hospitals
Regional Director of Information Services (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2013
1. Very ethical and religiuos centered company.
2. Lead implementation for complete replecement of IT systems.
3. Very aggressive and hard working administrative team.
Pre-employment interview.
Clinical Applications Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJune 13, 2013
Flew down to Orlando Fl for an interview with corporate as an IT analyst. My first impression was that I was in a funeral home. No one smiled. Totally quiet in the work area. They seemed as if they were an unhappy group.

Next I met with a select number of my would be peers. Got the same impression. Too somber, serious, dry and either unhappy or afraid to be themselves. They hadn't done a good job of reviewing my resume in advance based on the questions they posed. Mediocre interviewing skills.

Their PTO and employer retirement contribution was sub par compared to what I receive currently. I felt like I was in some kind of IT sweat shop where everyone was expected to keep their mouths shut and heads down. Didn't leave with a good feeling and told the recruiter to forgo moving forward.
DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!
Radiology (Former Employee), Lagrange, IlMay 16, 2013
Horrible place to work for!!!! Managers are evil!! I was loyal to Adventist for many years, and they are not very loyal to there employees!!! They will be loyal only when they need something from u.... If I answered this question a few years back I would of said the best place to work for.... All new managers= a horrible place to work for

June 30, 2013

As a current employee here, I think this is a perfect and true assessment of LaGrange Hospital. It use to be a great place but The Adventist ruined it for sure.

July 1, 2013

The managers are horrible. No structure in interventional radiology!!! When u have problem, there was no one to go to. I have never experienced the drama I experienced there.The mangers want u to be puppets and do what they want not what is right. Its all about the $$$ not patient care. I thought I would be there until I retire but I thank god I have moved on. NO LOYALTY!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

About Adventist Health System

Adventist Health System Sunbelt Healthcare's mission is to serve the community, and boy, does it! One of the country's largest – Read more