Adventist Health System Employee Reviews

Good people and culture
FINANCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2018
AHS is a great healthcare system and even though the finance side can be a little stressful, there are are great people in each department who are willing to help.
Pros
Good culture, employees
Cons
Some outdated work spaces
Worst place ever
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fletcher, NCJanuary 16, 2018
This was the worst work experience I've ever had in my life. People here are terrible. 5 people left the same day I did. Management is terrible. HR is useless. The nurses and doctors are better than anybody and are treated that way. They don't even pay you for holidays.
Very Employee Centered Environment
HR PEOPLESOFT DEPLOYMENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 16, 2018
AHS really treats their employees well. They show their appreciation in many ways such as quarterly lunches, holiday parties, bonuses, etc. Their benefits program is really good as well.
Pros
Lunches, Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Having to use PDO when offices are closed, Lack of advancement opportunities
productive and enjoyable place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Working for Adventist Health was very enjoyable and enlightening. Management truly cares about better patient outcomes and staff satisfaction as well. There is an educational setting that supports nursing growth.
Face paced
Benefits Precept & Authorization Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2018
A team effort, a face pace work culture. Some good people, training is a little slow. A sense of urgency of productivity. A daily rush of demands with a small sense of accomplishment.
Horrible Company to work for
Full time Certified Medical Dosimetrist (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FL 33872January 12, 2018
Management was cut throat and it was a sole destroying place to work. The manager of the company was harsh and was building her own empire. I was forced out as I was told I was in competition with her. I have never been treated so unfairly in my entire 35 year career.
All was good until buy out
Cash application analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2018
Loved my job, would not have left if buy out didn't happen. It was a shock when I learned the news and wish it didn't have to happen but it did and I have moved on.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Wonderful people, and meaningful work/service
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 9, 2018
AHS is a quality company to work for, and I do love many of the people I am blessed to serve with. I am going on 11 years now with AHS. Serving in the hospital is an amazing experience in many ways...holy ground. Sure, it has it's challenges, and sure, nowhere is perfect; AHS has some great CEO's, and their vision is connected to a mission that has the right.focus.
Pros
Tons of opportunities, great people, and a Christ centered mission
Cons
Tried to write some out, but it was forced.
Great place
Nurse Tech & Patient Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Great place to work for. Continuous learning opportunities. It is a hospital so they do not currently have direct patient care positions for LPN. Management is decent. You need to advocate for yourself and it can be harder when working overnight. Make sure to have open communication with your manager. The job is not that hard if you come with solid experience or know what your doing. Time management skills are needed.
n/a
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2018
Could be a great company, but some of the employees and managers need alot of improvement. Some departments have poor management. Felt over worked at time.
Productive less stressful place
Insurance Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 6, 2018
Good place to work for but pay is horrible, have a high turn over rate because of the pay. They try to make it fun and work with you overall far as the work life.
Clinical
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2018
I performed my clinicals with this company while in nursing school. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot while I there. The staff was very knowledgeable
Fast paced
Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 4, 2018
I worked for Adventist for 18 years...just need a change on taking care of patients...worked for Ingles Market and have enjoyed working with a healthy clientell
Pros
supply of lunch breaks & meals
Cons
12 hour days too long
great place to work
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJanuary 1, 2018
Was great place to work would recommend to others was treated with respect I
relaxing work environment, learned about new equipment, good managers hardest part of job wad paperwork enjoyable part was to keep equipment safe to use
Great place to work.
Charge Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KYDecember 31, 2017
Great place to work and learn chronic conditions. Medical staff and nurses are very smart and easy to work with. Nice facility very clean and user friendly.
best place for training
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLDecember 31, 2017
best place for 1st time workers, their training is so didactic that you really learn alot. co - workers are mostly nice and managers are really good, higher ups from the company is always looking for expansion and money and if this goes on, this will be bad for the company. one day no good workers will stay in florida hospital.
Fast paced
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSDecember 30, 2017
Come in get your assignment of patient ration of 5 to 1. Huddle then get report from the night shift nurse and your assigned pager and phone. Pass morning medications to patients.etc ....
Pros
Three day work week
Cons
Never leave on time.
good company doing good work
HIM Clerical Tech/Transcription II (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSDecember 25, 2017
Extremely stressful job dealing with DR'S & NURSES. Great gratification in helping the public. Possibly the difference between life or death in some circumstances
Pros
sometimes great appreciation from personnel
Cons
sometimes long hours
I enjoy working for this organization
Registered Nurse/Cardiac Observation Unit (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLDecember 23, 2017
Adventist is definitely a great place to work. My co-workers are caring and compassionate to our patients. In addition, most of the managers that I have worked for are flexible and willing to be available if needed.

The only problem that I have with my job is the low pay. This would be the main reason for me to search for a different place of employment.
I enjoyed working here.
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLDecember 18, 2017
I loved the people and the environment. The shifts can be quite long with add on's and slower cases. They let the doctors add on non emergent cases at all hours.
Pros
Discounted lunches.
Cons
Long shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.