Adventist Health System Employee Reviews

Good place to work depending on the department
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 21, 2017
Great coworkers and overall mission, but there is way too much work and not enough staff. Try applying in a few years when it all smoothes out. Nice people though :)
Pros
Great coworkers and mission, not micromanaged, some flexibility around family
Cons
Expensive healthcare benefits, long work hours, understaffed, workload too large
Fair Competition
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
I have been at FHT for less than one year. I have noticed that there is a lot of flexibility and ability to move into other positions. This is a company that is very diverse and has a lot of available training to RN's.
Pros
Flexibility
Typical Day
Registered Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work includes constant assessments of patients as well as constant monitoring. It includes making the patient comfortable and making sure that the patient is safe.
Cons
Short breaks, administration
Beautiful facility
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 17, 2017
Beautiful facility, state of the art instrumentation.Employer provides great equipment and tools. Unable to keep stable lab employees. Has seen significantly improvements within the last 5 years...which was much needed. NO more tantrums about their comfort zones being reduced or their long established kingdoms finished. Fantastic changes! Keep up the good work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KS 66204June 14, 2017
Very hard working and dedicated team players. A typical day includes assessing the patient, reviewing order, collaborating with physician's and other hospital staff, implementing orders, total patient care, and addressing the needs and concerns of the patient and families.
Pros
great team work
Cons
can get very busy at times
Stressful
Information Associate/ Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSJune 12, 2017
A typical work day started out busy, I learned how not to allow the job to stress me out. Very poor management. the work place culture was very diverse. the hardest part of the job was working understaff. the most enjoyable part of the job was end of shift.
Pros
i remaind friends with some of my co-workers.
Cons
over worked, not appreciated.
Patient Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 8, 2017
The hospital is a wonderful place to work. There are a ton of great benefits. Management isn't that great and the hours are long though. Overall it is worth all the work experience you will gain from this place
Pros
Free food. Great benefits
Cons
Managment. Long hours.
Horrible
CA (Current Employee) –  Shawnee KSJune 8, 2017
The nurse to patient ratio is horrible and so is the CNA to patient ratio. Administration does not care about nurse input or patient care. Food at the Cafeteria is to expensive and employees constantly are missing lunch do to the fact that it closes at 2 pm.
Excellent critical care unit that provided exceptional opportunities to learn.
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJune 6, 2017
This was a great hospital to work for in combination with my nursing school learning experience. I was able to provide for patients in a way that tended to all of their needs.
Pros
Healthcare incentives and great ICU staff
Radiologic Technologist / OR Rad Tech (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 5, 2017
Shawnee Mission Medical Center is a great place to work. Great work environment. The pay could be a little more competitive, but over all an enjoyable place to be.
Good for new grad RNs.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJune 5, 2017
Job-work balance is not so great. 12 hr shift where you require to work 3 shifts a week is OK ONLY IF your schedule preferences are taken into consideration which is not, unfortunately. So you may end up working every other day (somewhat acceptable) or every other night which will drain you beyond the reasonable point and very fast. Salary is very low. RNs are started on about $25/hr. 403(b) will only be vested after 5 years of working in the hospital. Tuition Reimbursement will take place after 1 year and you will have to work another one to get the first reimbursement. Sign-on bonus is not paid until you worked 24 months. Management is hard to be approached and dealt with. Promotions do not happen within the company, new team leads are brought from the outside.
Friendly team setting
Credential Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand FlJune 3, 2017
The staff at FHD whether it be nurses, doctors, clerical staff everyone was friendly and helpful. Great place to work! When funding ran out for my position, everyone assisted in finding a new position.
Pros
Great Staff
Fast paced, supportive environment
Nutrition Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSJune 2, 2017
Nutrition Services at Shawnee Mission Health Center is a fast paced environment. A typical eight-hour shift will require me to prepare the dinner fruit, salads and sandwiches for 250 patients. One hour of my shift will include assembling and serving lunch to the patients.
I enjoy the fast pace.
My work at Shawnee Mission Health Center has helped me to maximize my work time. I push myself to see how much I can accomplish quickly.
My co-workers are very helpful and supportive. I have an excellent relationship with several managers. They make me valued as an employee.
Sometimes the fast pace of the job can feel stressful.
Pros
Free meal, health benefits, retirement benefits
Cons
Very fast paced
Poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2017
Security at Florida Hospital South is a joke so many people in management that have no kinda law enforcement experience what so ever. The turnover rate is high. Management don't have a clue about security what so ever.
My Review
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 24, 2017
My review on Florida Hospital is that it is a good place to work at. I really enjoy my patients. The only downfall is that if you work in the Doctors office that is associated with them you have to use your own PTO when closed on holidays. The lunch break time is only 30 mins. And getting a raise is impossible.
Love my co-workers but administration is not the greatest
RN (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 23, 2017
It's bittersweet to work here. Most people are amazing but the administration is very unaware of the culture of fear. Great employees leave continuously out of fear of retaliation from management.
so much work, less money
Dietary II (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 23, 2017
different schedule everyday, not good thats why i resigned. not a happy place. alot of workload every single day. the director was so very nice & helpful but not the Diet Manager because he gets too personal if he hates you. he will run after your schedule and doesnt have sympathies.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
RN-Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLMay 19, 2017
If it had not been for TONS of call and VERY low pay I would have never left this location. Great employees who work hard and passionately for their patients.
Great workplace
PCT II (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 18, 2017
Great place to work but some days we are short staff. Having 15 patients as a PCT is hard especially when everyone wants a bath. Getting transferred to another Florida Hospital seems impossible for some reason.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short staff at times
A professional and formal yet fun and friendly work environment
Executive Assistant - Treasury (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 12, 2017
AHS is a very successful and professional company and well known within the healthcare culture. It carries high ratings for being the top hospitals even in the most remote and rural areas of the country. Daily worship is held in all the hospitals and at the corporate office for employees and is optional - it's is a fantastic and positive way to begin the workday. The management are caring individuals and many of them, with the exception of the top key executives, have an open door policy and are very approachable and listen to concerns. The culture within the corporate office is a very friendly and fun environment where everyone is civil towards each other and many are friends outside the office and socialize together.

I enjoyed my 25+ year tenure working there and made many lifelong friends and coworkers.
Pros
Free quarterly lunches, daily worships, corporate Christmas party to Disney
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement in position for assistants

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.