Adventist Health

Adventist Health Employee Reviews

Challenging and interesting place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunches from reps, stability and good director
Cons: lunch break only 30 minutes with no 15 minute in between, Hard to call out sick even if your literally dieing of sickness, have to work rain, sleet, or snow no matter what
I honestly enjoyed working for in a Hospital setting. The only problem was the constant shift changes. You have to always plan your life around work because the schedule changed every week. I learned a lot working there from pyxis technician, to pharmacy buyer, IV/Chemo technician. Anything pharmacy related I learned. I enjoyed working with the pharmacy staff and the nurses. Another problem is that we have not had a raise in years. Expect to earn what they negotiate with you in the beginning that is all.
Good Team approach, Positive work environment, and great Spiritual climate.
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 20, 2015
I visit 3-5 Hospice patients per day. I get a lot of joy & satisfaction making a difference in people's lives at a very crucial time. I enjoy working as a team to meat patient's needs. I am good at flexing to meet the demands of the job, if at all possible. I've been doing this job for 30+ yrs, and have experienced a wide variety of situations.
Lack of support
Staff Nurse/RN (Former Employee), Littleton, COApril 13, 2015
Pros: comfortable, clean, kind staff
Cons: management and physicians lack concern during adverse circumstances
I worked in the ICU. It was a clean and comfortable unit. Everything placed in convenient locations to make the day flow. With any adverse circumstances, however, it appeared to be decreased support from management. I had a couple of issues with doctors and I felt little to no support surrounding circumstances. Also, I had some patients who had issues and the physicians and management appeared to have little concern for certain patient needs. It was very disappointing. Most of the staff continued to express lack of desire to support the hospitals ideals.
Busy!
Relief Cook (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 31, 2015
Have met some amazing people who are creative and diverse. Great problem solvers who keep an open mind when faced with challenges.
Caring corporate culture
Systems Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 30, 2015
Management and co-workers are wonderful and caring. They believe in their mission and the management listens and cares about the team members. I feel as if I am part of a team.
typical hospital environment
Supervising Audiologist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 19, 2015
Fast paced, lots of red tape as typical in a hospital. Flexible hours, management changes frequently. Must work holidays, don't necessarily get paid extra for doing so.
Porter Adventist (Centura Health)
Pharmacy intern year 4 (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 18, 2015
Porter is committed to clinical excellence and evidence-based outcomes, and believe tools, such as Healthgrades, help consumers make their own, customized value-based health care purchasing decisions.
Fun to travel
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Rosa CaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: the experiance of new places
Cons: so much travaling
The pay was the highest I have ever received at any job. Miles were not paid for. Sometimes you would have to travel for more than a few hours to get to a location. I got paid the next day after I worked the shift. It was a nice perk.
Great Place to work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 12, 2015
Adventist Healthcare is a great place to work. Of course its a hospital so long as the user has time to see you to resolve the issue. Other than that the staff is great!!!
LMH- a professional & caring hospital
Emergency Room Specialty Care Technician (Former Employee), ILMarch 11, 2015
LMH was the 1st place that got me interested in the medical arena and graciously offered their support and financial help to return to school to get my EMT license. Although I have branched out a bit and no longer have that active license, I will always be grateful to LMH for their help in moving forward. It would be great to work there again in the future.
Caring work place
Consultant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MDMarch 11, 2015
Adventist is a caring work place that is focused on quality patient care. They support their staff and are work to provide a safe pleasant work environment.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Walla Walla, WAMarch 11, 2015
its a good place to work as far as helping people go, however with the work we do, the pay is not comparable. And I do not really have room to grow with what I want to do with my life.
Productive and fun workplace that helps people heal.
Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great hours, flexible
Cons: stressful at times
Learned how to multi-task in a busy daily environment and deal with varying personalities in respectful and efficient manner.
Large non-profit system exposed me to multiple providers
Case Manager (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 5, 2015
Excellent non-profit health care system, multiple providers. Issues providing non compensated care to undocumented aliens, lack of providers made inp transitions difficult.
productive
Project Tecnhician (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working with doctors and nurses
Cons: mean bosses and hard to talk to them about issues on the job
The management are like bullies, they like to talk down to people and make them feel as if they are not important at the job
Fast Paced Enviornment
PHLEBOTOMY TECH CENTURA HEALTH (Current Employee), Denver ColoradoFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: only promised one 30 min break during shift
Collection of specimens for all patients in hospital
Become very confident on hard stick patients
Become more familiar with common tests and specimen requirements
Co-workers are great and easy to get along with
Productive and enjoy working at a fast pace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good reward and comments from patients
Cons: short breaks
As a certified nursing assistant or patient care technician, working with patients who are unable to things for them self encourages me to do my job with extreme heart and best care. I have to give the best care regardless of what the situation is. With great co-workers, my day always goes on very well.
great place to work, Room for competing wages
Lead Echocardiographer-Permanent (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 7, 2015
Cons: short staffed frequently.
Working for Adventist has been a wonderful experience. There is opportunity for advancement with hard work. It has at times been challenging with problems of short staffed in many departments.
One of the best places to work
Revenue Cycle Center (Temp) (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 7, 2015
I loved working for Adventist Health at the Revenue Cycle Center is Santa Rosa, CA. Everybody that worked there were professional, and did what they were supposed to do. Everybody got along, help out when needed and I wish I was still there. I was let go due to lack of work.
My Experience
QA Analyst (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: they have decent salaries with great benefits
Cons: work life balance when you move to higher positions
Good benefits including 401k match, paid vacations and sick days etc, even for part time employees. Not flexible work life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Adventist Health

Ukiah Valley Medical Center (UVMC) is part of the Northern California Network of Adventist Health, which includes two acute care – Read more

Adventist Health Salaries