Adventist Health Employee Reviews

No chance of advancement
Certified Nursing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work is driving to clients home. I have learned clients have many different needs. Management is helpful and more than accurate when giving schedule for week. Co-workers are more than helpful when exchanging information about client. The hardest part of the job is no advancement, no benefits, and no overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new clients.
Pros
Interacting with clients enjoyable most time.
Cons
Need to be available any day of the week nights and weekends. No advancement opportunity, and very few raises.
Stay away if your not Adventist
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CaAugust 25, 2015
Many people who have been there for a while determine the direction and discount new ideas that would improve the lack of process. There are HR issues in the lack of leadership and consistency to support the progress of the environment. Culture and favoritism are more important than sound technology and business decisions. Not clear on expectation of positions to progress in career development. People are placed in positions and promoted that lack industry and basic management understanding. People are predetermined in their career and if they are not part of the favored club will be left to leave the organization to succeed and contribute their talent in a more progressive organization.

And benefits package is bad, Blue Shield 80/20 split with no cap
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Pay under market value, top heavy management, poor advancement if your not the same religion
Interesting place to work
Confidential (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 5, 2016
Revenue Recovery Analyst - review contracts and EOB's, send out appeal letters for underpayments, call insurance carriers to resolve issues, review work queue for follow-up. The RRU department has a revolving door when it comes to people working and then leaving after while. The most difficult part of the job is tolerating the favoritism, if your liked you are treated with respect, if you are not liked certain people in the Department will intentionally go out of their way to undermine you. There is no room for growth on a professional level or financially.
Pros
Hours, New Managers running Department
Cons
too low pay rate, benefits
Hospitals offer great opportunities for professional development and study. In a hospital setting, there is always something new and exciting to learn
Regisered nurse (Current Employee) –  TakomaMay 31, 2016
Medical-Surgical nurses provide direct care to adult patients in a variety of settings.
• Manage care for a large number of patients
• Provide care for patients often with multiple diagnoses, across multiple medical specialties
• Understand complex differences in medications.

Working in Adventist Hospital is unique. It is a very special type of work that everything you do supports families and patients when they are at their most vulnerable. Adventist Hospital workers can also take pride in the fact that they are the backbones of the communities, and what you do directly supports the community.
Pros
Feel good at the end of my shift.
Cons
Multiples tasks.
Overall, a good place to work.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 19, 2015
Overall, Adventist is a positive place to work. The unit I worked on has great staff who work well together. The change in management in the recent years has not been a good one. They are much more removed from the staff than previous managers/CEO's were. There is no opportunity for advancement in this establishment unless you are buddies with a manager and/or part of the Adventist faith. If your life situation changes and you need to decrease your work hours, good luck, it won't happen. A select few have part time positions, and it is typically because they had an "in' with a manager.
Pros
Great staff on the units
Cons
Poor management, favoritism
It is family environment where everyone work together.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDSeptember 22, 2016
This was a great place to work because minimal supervision was given to each employees. Each employee was given the guidance to follow the established protocols but still be independent to work out our own schedule. I have learnt the GE Millennium, GE Myosight at this location.
Pros
This place gave independence and a family enviornement.
Cons
This place was not fair with all employees due to the nature of the enviornemenet
Excellent place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20912August 6, 2016
Adventist Healthcare is a very caring environment, not only for the patients but for the employees as well. We work together as a team to provide excellent patient care. Management provides great support to the department's need. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on someone's face, and caring for our patients.
Pros
Excellent team players.
Cons
Not enough time in the day.
Nothing good to report about this company
SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2016
Scheduling caregivers and nurses to do in home one on one patient care.
Creating data base of clients, schedules, and information and collaborating with employees to fill needs in multiple cities.

Handle multiple phone lines and tasks at a time.

Coworkers are fantastic, they insert a little humor into your day.
Pros
Low cost prescription plans
Cons
Does not provide a living wage
What's tough
Office Specialist II - Transplant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2016
Management does not always communicate from up down about things that will impact those of us on the lower level, until it's already happening and then will get upset if it's not done correctly.
Pros
4 weeks of PTO within first 2 years of service.
Cons
The people that deserve to be fired rarely are.
Hiding Behind The Mission
Office (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2015
Loved the co-workers. The management/corporate style of this non-profit organization was worse than any for-profit company I have worked for. Unfortunately the mantra of the mission does not continue over into treating the staff with respect and dignity. Management and upper leadership were more interested in meetings and time-wasting things than in actually listening to staff who do the work. And staff who are unhappy do not provide good care. End of story.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Great company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2016
Adventist is the same company as Centura. They are a great company to work for and they promote from within and have great benefits and dental insurance.

I can work any schedule as long as it is during the day and 40 hours per week.
Pros
Get to work from home
Cons
Get to work from home
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Selma, CA 93662May 25, 2016
Adventist was a great work place before the new manager. According with management, we (since I still work there) have the highest score on client satisfaction and with the joint commission. I'm not agreed with the administration, because they made general changes because a few people.
But other than that, Adventist Selma is a great place.
Ok
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDAugust 9, 2016
I worked their for a couple of years as a pharmacy technician. The staff that you work with became family eventually. The nurses can aggressive and angry most of the time because they are over worked and don't have hardly any help. It's wise to just say as little as possible and do you work and not stress over the pharmacy and nursing staff politics. A typical day depends on your schedule, one day you are working IV 11am-8pm, the next day could be 8:30 am to 4pm as a pyxis technician. You have to wear many hats working there and be flexible with your schedule. The learning experience with working at a hospital setting was excellent because you have the opportunity to grow and learn so many different things. The job is not stable, they are looking to build a new hospital and lay people off the regular once they decided to build the new hospital, nurse, pharmacist, technician, janitor, you name it , they'd laid it off. So be careful, complete your certifications in a timely manner and stay away form pharmacy politics. Do your work and go home is my best advice. People gossip and what you say would be on the fox 5 news so keep your thoughts to yourself involving the staff and management. This place is a business first. There is no such thing as the patient comes first. This is with any establishment.
Pros
Opportunity to grow, ok team, the pharmacy director was pretty neutral and nice
Cons
They'll lay you off if you even breath wrong, profit before everything
Very productive place.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Company spiritually focused, I learned a lot of team work, medical care regulations, how the company cares about patients and employees, great coworkers, company with great benefits.
Pros
Great medical insurance for employees and families.
Cons
Extremely busy.
Awesome.
Unit Base Staff Nurse- Oncology (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 21, 2016
I currently work here and i love it. I am only looking for another job because my availability has changed. I will really miss the staffs members and the management team.
great enviorment
Volunteer Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 30, 2016
I loved everything about working in a hospital. I learned how to keep things confidential. I love being able to help people in need whenever I possibly can.
no comment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 18, 2016
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears! Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war. To be or not to be, that is the question. To thine own self be true.
Great opportunity to learn while teaching
RN Psychiatry Nurse (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 19, 2016
Great opportunity to lear while teaching/ working with student nurses.
The company provided a wide range of technology in the computer sense to prevent students cheating on exams , a plus.
Pros
Productive and meaningfull
Cons
pay rate is poor
Culture of Always
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 18, 2016
Culture of Always around patient care.
Strong work ethic among coworkers
Hardest part of the job is the desire to do too much.
most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Pros
patient centered care
Cons
some people do all the work, some do none
Great Place to work and your Christian Faith is Fully Supported!
Pre-Bill Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 1, 2015
The Best Place Every! I have seen an overwhelming welcome of support, and knowledge while working here. My faith is not only important to me, but it is important to this company, and that is a huge plus! Management is very approachable and knowledgeable, and always available for guidance and assistance when needed.