Adventist Health

Adventist Health Employer Reviews

typical hospital environment
Supervising Audiologist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 19, 2015
Fast paced, lots of red tape as typical in a hospital. Flexible hours, management changes frequently. Must work holidays, don't necessarily get paid extra for doing so.
Porter Adventist (Centura Health)
Pharmacy intern year 4 (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 18, 2015
Porter is committed to clinical excellence and evidence-based outcomes, and believe tools, such as Healthgrades, help consumers make their own, customized value-based health care purchasing decisions.
Fun to travel
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Rosa CaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: the experiance of new places
Cons: so much travaling
The pay was the highest I have ever received at any job. Miles were not paid for. Sometimes you would have to travel for more than a few hours to get to a location. I got paid the next day after I worked the shift. It was a nice perk.
Great Place to work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 12, 2015
Adventist Healthcare is a great place to work. Of course its a hospital so long as the user has time to see you to resolve the issue. Other than that the staff is great!!!
LMH- a professional & caring hospital
Emergency Room Specialty Care Technician (Former Employee), ILMarch 11, 2015
LMH was the 1st place that got me interested in the medical arena and graciously offered their support and financial help to return to school to get my EMT license. Although I have branched out a bit and no longer have that active license, I will always be grateful to LMH for their help in moving forward. It would be great to work there again in the future.
Caring work place
Consultant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MDMarch 11, 2015
Adventist is a caring work place that is focused on quality patient care. They support their staff and are work to provide a safe pleasant work environment.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Walla Walla, WAMarch 11, 2015
its a good place to work as far as helping people go, however with the work we do, the pay is not comparable. And I do not really have room to grow with what I want to do with my life.
Productive and fun workplace that helps people heal.
Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great hours, flexible
Cons: stressful at times
Learned how to multi-task in a busy daily environment and deal with varying personalities in respectful and efficient manner.
Large non-profit system exposed me to multiple providers
Case Manager (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 5, 2015
Excellent non-profit health care system, multiple providers. Issues providing non compensated care to undocumented aliens, lack of providers made inp transitions difficult.
productive
Project Tecnhician (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDMarch 4, 2015
Pros: working with doctors and nurses
Cons: mean bosses and hard to talk to them about issues on the job
The management are like bullies, they like to talk down to people and make them feel as if they are not important at the job
Fast Paced Enviornment
PHLEBOTOMY TECH CENTURA HEALTH (Current Employee), Denver ColoradoFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: only promised one 30 min break during shift
Collection of specimens for all patients in hospital
Become very confident on hard stick patients
Become more familiar with common tests and specimen requirements
Co-workers are great and easy to get along with
Productive and enjoy working at a fast pace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good reward and comments from patients
Cons: short breaks
As a certified nursing assistant or patient care technician, working with patients who are unable to things for them self encourages me to do my job with extreme heart and best care. I have to give the best care regardless of what the situation is. With great co-workers, my day always goes on very well.
great place to work, Room for competing wages
Lead Echocardiographer-Permanent (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 7, 2015
Cons: short staffed frequently.
Working for Adventist has been a wonderful experience. There is opportunity for advancement with hard work. It has at times been challenging with problems of short staffed in many departments.
One of the best places to work
Revenue Cycle Center (Temp) (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 7, 2015
I loved working for Adventist Health at the Revenue Cycle Center is Santa Rosa, CA. Everybody that worked there were professional, and did what they were supposed to do. Everybody got along, help out when needed and I wish I was still there. I was let go due to lack of work.
My Experience
QA Analyst (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: they have decent salaries with great benefits
Cons: work life balance when you move to higher positions
Good benefits including 401k match, paid vacations and sick days etc, even for part time employees. Not flexible work life balance.
CO WORKERS AWESOME
RN for Emergency Services (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: doctors
Cons: hr
DOCTORS AND CO WORKERS AWESOME. HR SEEMED TO NOT VALUE THE PROFESSION OF NURSING.
Fair working environment
Enterprise Imaging & Informatics Analyst (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: respectful environment
Cons: too parallel projects
Working for Adventist has presented a roads to other avenues of career learning opportunities.
Productive and busy office
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Rockville, MarylandJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: electronic medical records implemented
Very busy organization, great management and staff. The job was a challenge every day and each day was something new to learn.
Decent compensation, but poor executive leadership.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Hanford, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: compensation is decent.
Cons: poor management
I worked for this company two times. The first time around I was a clinical employee that just came to work, did my time, and went home. When I had nothing else to worry about this was a decent place to work and I returned to the organization after obtaining my Bachelors degree. Once I became a manager however, I learned about the way the organization was being run and I resigned in less than one year! The executive leadership is poor. I watched them fail to implement plans on multiple occasions and dismiss ANY employee that got it their way. I was warned about this horrendous practice and did not believe it until I witnessed it within my own department. I will not ever return.
Special Care Nurse
RN (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MarylandJanuary 16, 2015
A typical days work: attend deliveries and care for pre-term infants from 28 weeks to full term infants which includes admitting, stabilizing newborns, and managing the care of assigned newborns. In my environment, I have learned the value of teamwork, and respect for co-workers. I would say that the hardest part of my job is processing a fetal demise which is emotionally challenging. However, the best part of my job is providing care and support to families as well as promoting families satisfaction even when faced with day-to-day challenges.

1 2 3 4 5

About Adventist Health

Ukiah Valley Medical Center (UVMC) is part of the Northern California Network of Adventist Health, which includes two acute care – Read more

Adventist Health Photos