Adventist Health Employee Reviews

Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 16, 2017
I have been here for about 5 years and I believe it is a great place to work. Feels like you are working with family and people are always there to help you.
New Management changes
PRN Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 15, 2017
During my time there I was extremely happy until the new CEO and his cronies changed the atmosphere and the mentality among what was important. Chaplaincy became a necessary evil and not the priority it was when I first started
Cons
No care for the pastoral care or emotional status of the patients
Company is now closed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAAugust 10, 2017
Company was sadly closed. They offered their employees flexible hours and allowed the employees to set up a monthly schedule that would work with their needs.
Great patient care provided
Physician EMR Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work. Truly cares about it's patients. Pleasant environment and atmosphere to work in. Many great leaders to discuss information or concerns with.
Pros
Great environment to work.
Cons
If you are contract-you may not be hired as after contract ends.
Tele, ED
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 3, 2017
Adventist health has a tremendous new hire educational program. They also provide continuing education on all pathologies. Anagement has been changed since I worked there. The charting program is easy and helps physicians as well , lowering medication and care errors.
Pros
Tele, Ed
Cons
Not a fan of 12 hour shifts becoming 14 hours.
Corporate is employee driven
IT Analyst/Physician Documentation (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 2, 2017
Happy place to excel and learn program. The only unfortunate portion is that you cannot work from home which would save time and money. With a long distance to travel this perk would create a long term employee and happy facility.
Supportive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJuly 27, 2017
I worked as a volunteer. I helped the unit secretary answer phone calls and page nurses, techs, and CNAs. I also visited patients and restocked supplies. the staff is very helpful. Try it.
Friendy staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAJuly 26, 2017
Good benefits. Staff members are generally friendly and helpful to one another. Many mandatory call offs or on-call shifts for low census. Set schedules are not generally available.
Pros
Good medical and retierment benifits. Friendly co-workers
Cons
Call offs and oncall shifts manditory.
Not really a nonprofit
Office Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 21, 2017
Try not to accept Medicaid patients. They are more about numbers than taking care of patients. Too many meetings and don't care too much about keeping great employees.
it an ok place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 20, 2017
Its a good place to work if you are in school. The cases are not alway 8 hours long, but they have alot four hours shifts to pick if you can drive the distance.
not a bad place to work
Assistant Director for EVS and Linen Services (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJuly 17, 2017
WAH is a good hospital for diversity. It is an old hospital so working in EVS has its challenges. It governs itself by its Adventist beliefs and lifestyles such as meatless Mondays.
Pros
a lot of great people to work with
Cons
Adventist culture
Supportive group
Staff Nurse for Medical/Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CO 80122July 8, 2017
Most units are friendly and supportive toward each other. Friendly, professional, fast pace, always busy. manageable patient load, New documentation system, up to date training.
Pros
Friendly, compassionate, professional staff
Cons
Breaks are not always accessible (ie 2 15 min breaks are rare), raises are rare, pay is low
Fabulous place to work!
CNA2 (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 7, 2017
Adventist is a great place to work, this employer really encourages their employees to do their best and continue to strive to do better. They have a great work culture, very friendly and welcoming!
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Learning
Intermediate Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 7, 2017
The hospital is always a great place to not only apply your skills but also learn some new ones.
It was always wonderful to see the health care team working together to meet the needs of the patients.
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 6, 2017
Great OR staff! But the Manager of Central Supply directly over me was clueless! Zero Materials experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good team atmosphere, needs management that will do the same
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 5, 2017
Staffed very thin at times which makes it stressful and puts staff in a bad place when things go bad quickly. Managers never roll up sleeves to come help. They'll only send text messages asking for others to come in.
Pros
The staff works well as a team
Cons
short staffed often
Cool team members
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2017
The HR team was fun to work with and they were very helpful to me as I was learning the inner workings of HR.I miss working with the HR team and looking forward to working with them again.
Inspriring, compassionate, great place to receive care.
Patient admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CA 93230July 5, 2017
Great place to work and receive care I just feel that I need to seek job advancement somewhere else. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help those in need.
Pros
You get to help others in need.
Productive Busy
Phlebotomy Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 2, 2017
I start early in the morning love it!

I learned how to use different techniques for hard sticks.

Management is ok.

Its diverse.

The drama unfortunately.

The most enjoyable day is talking to the patients, and having fun with my co-workers
Pros
Early shifts, overtime opportunity's the fun people to work with.
Cons
The drama that hasnt been delt with in a professional manner.
Strong family values
Sr. Financial Analyst/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAJune 26, 2017
Quick paced, religious based, everything is checked, double checked and sometimes triple checked.
We worked long days when needed i.e., payroll week or during close.
We are required to take two days on each holiday. One for the holiday and one for family time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health. Our community is ready to answer.