Adventist Health

Adventist Health Employer Reviews

An environment that promotes learning
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn and grow
Verify benefits and obtain pre-certification for patients with upcoming inpatient surgical procedures.
Pre-register patients for scheduled surgical procedures.
Notify patients of deductibles and/or co-pays due upon admission.
My co-workers were very supportive and receptive to working together.
I enjoyed the interaction with patients and co-workers.
Unprofessional Management
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Sonora, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: clean
Cons: lot of gossip, unprofessional management
A typical day at work includes drawing patients, filing paperwork, processing microbiology specimens, and all that of a general lab assistant. I learned a lot of things from working here, including not trusting co-workers, there is a lot of bullying that happens on a daily basis and the entire laboratory runs on gossip.
Great job culture with a fair pay.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: self scheduling, bonus pay for bilingual nurses.
Cons: short breaks
I started working at WAH when I was fresh out of school. The new graduate program helped me easily transition from the classroom to the workplace with confidence. My managers were a great resource during this time. I can confidently say that it was a great opportunity to work there.
Great Place to Work
Emergency Room-Clerk (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: stable job
Cons: short breaks, busy
GAMC is like second home for me I enjoy working with ED team to achieve patient quality care
Employees are treated horribly and with very little respect
Home Health Medical Social Worker (Former Employee), Offices at LaGrange HospitalJuly 11, 2014
Pros: employee dscount for meals, office conveniently located. loved the job itself
Cons: personal time is very limited due to job demands, very political orgaization, very poor administration
***BEWARE***Would not recommend this organization to anyone. Very depressing work environment. Administration shows no regard or respect for employees, regardless of how much loyalty employees give to the organization. Although they claim to be a religious organization, the culture of the workplace and administration are anything but that. Very, very – more... political place, which is not to the employees benefit. If a prospective employee is able, I would advise waiting it out until something else comes along. Turnover averages for various departments are high teens to low 20's. My department had a 19% turn over for the past twelve months. – less
Clear patient care guidelines and standards
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great physical layout
Cons: busy
Assessment and care of critically ill patients. Excellent unit layout
I would recommend this job to anyone
in home care giving (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 1, 2014
Pros: to see smiles on our patients faces
Cons: very difficult to see the families sorrow when our clients pass
taking care of clients in their homes, perform duties such as medical and patients and their families with in home patients and hospice care. the hardest part of the job is hospice work, and the enjoyable part of the job is having family of clients tell me i did a wonderful job taking care of their loved ones and some even wrote me recommendations. – more... as coworkers, we all worked together to get our goals of our jobs done. I learned that I would love someone to take care of me, as I took care of them. – less
Good Values, Low Pay
LPN (Current Employee), Walla Walla, WAJune 23, 2014
Cons: no meal or rest breaks with some clients. low pay.
This may be a good fit for some in the healthcare field, but I have noticed that they do not want to retain staff. they would rather just hire new people for less pay.
Travel Nurse for SICU (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJune 18, 2014
I save lives every day. Glendale Adventist has a great work environment and there is team work and support daily while at work.
Nutrition Assistant
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee), glenadale, CAJune 16, 2014
Very good company to work for. Learn so much in company. My day would start by collecting all the menus from three buildings. Then I would go to back to the nutritionist and enter all the information to the computer.
Great job, feeling rewarded for doing good
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 15, 2014
Pros: simple tasks, rewarding, easy to get along with staff
Cons: location was too far from where i moved.
This was a very simple job. But felt very rewarding helping those who were sick in the hospital. However, I could no longer work the job once I moved.
great teamwork and co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: has a new-grad program
Cons: rude doctors, salary is so-so
ratio is 1:4, vital signs every four hours, administering medications, dealing with cardiologist, admitting and discharging rapidly, preparing a recovering post angiogram patients, pacemaker patients, and accompanying patients to procedures such as stress tests and other radiological tests.

Time management is crucial due to high turnover of patients. – more... Familiarization of cardiac medications and cardiac procedures are important to manage the patients.

Co-workers are like family, great teamwork and always willing to lend a hand.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with demanding patients and family/visitors that want everything now. Doctors are mostly rude and unappreciative and are allowed to talk down to nurses instead of treating them like an asset to patient care.

The most enjoyable thing about my work is the 4 days off. – less
Entry level position into the field
Medical Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Rockville MDJune 9, 2014
Very busy switch board to use for all the calls in the dept. Ordered labs, xrays and etc.
Adventist is a great place to work
RN/Interventional RN - Cardiac Interventional (Current Employee), Glendale Adventist Medical CenterMay 28, 2014
Adventist is a great place to work. Especially your co-workers.
Extremely conservative
Registered Nurse-Hospice Triage (Former Employee), Portland, OR.May 16, 2014
Pros: great salary and wonderful programs
Cons: uncomfortably conservative, discriminatory
The hospice director and management work very difficult to work with. Discrimination was felt across the board. However, the employees and services rendered are incredible.
good community hospital
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDMay 16, 2014
good place to work. good flexibility and opportunity for growth.
Always on your toes, never a dull moment!
Specialty Care Technician (Current Employee), ILMay 14, 2014
Fast paced surrounded by good people. Fun loving patients even though they are sick. Reliable co-workers. Always learning something new.
Thorough Intern Experience
Clinical Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Takoma Park, MDMay 13, 2014
Pros: discount lunches, awesome rd team/trainers
Functioned as an RD, assessing and implementing MNT independently on 6 - 9 patients everyday.
good experience
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee), glenadale, CAMay 12, 2014
It was a very good experience. Collecting all the menus to every patient in the hospital and providing very good customer service. I learn how to manage my time and work with patients from different diversity.
Productive and fun
Electrocardiogram Technologist (Current Employee), Takoma Park, MDMay 6, 2014
flexible hours. Great learning experience and easy to work with co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Adventist Health

Adventist Health, headquartered in Roseville, California, represents health care facilities spanning California, Hawaii, Oregon – Read more

Adventist Health Photos