Adventist HealthCare Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
GNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 14, 2017
Due to my competitive personality my, team may at times think i am insensitive. i will work on helping others see that my drive is to grow the company. i will make sure that i demonstrate that i care for them.
I really liked my job and I wished I had stayed there.
LPN EMR Implementation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 9, 2017
The job itself was quite difficult. Learning a new system and then actively learning the job while the system was being created was quite stressful in itself. But I allowed the people I worked with to get in my head and for that I am upset with myself.
I could have pushed a little harder to keep my head on straight and really not allow the outside influences to get in my head. But I didn't do that and I regret it. The culture was close knit family like but very clicque. The work place culture was professional except the selected few that liked to "gossip". The most enjoyable part of the job was the schedule and the office space. Nice office to work at.
Pros
Great job and people that work there.
Cons
Hard job and some people made it difficult.
relaxed
Reimbursement Specialist For BCBS (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 7, 2017
My manager was nice very understanding, let me work my own scheduled at my own pace all that mattered was to get the job done and get the money collected to meet the monthly goals.
Little room for growth
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 31, 2017
During my time, management was essentially absent. There was a transition to a new business manager, and our director was no where to be found when it came to support within the department.
Pros
Good work/life, excellent health care
Cons
Little to no growth opportunity, inconsistent YOY salary increases
You Won't Get Rich But...
Managed Care Division Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 26, 2017
I can say with certainty that this was one of the only places I've worked where you were made to feel like family. Although we were charged with having focus on caring for the patients in the facilities, we were cared for as well.
Nice and productive place to work.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 23, 2017
Everyday is busy but I have a great team that I work with and we get the job done well and efficiently. I have learned a lot about credentialing in a hospital setting since I have been working here. Now I have knowledge from the provider office's side and the hospital side. This allows me to be able to relate with and understand the providers and their offices that I work with on a daily basis.
Passion for people
Student Premed Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJuly 12, 2017
Helping the sick, transporting patients, stocking items in the ER. Just the feeling of doing something great for someone who is not able to at the time is nice.
Great work environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJune 14, 2017
Very nice work environment and people including physicians and entire work family. Although my pay rate is very low compared to the amount of work that I'am requested to do, it is still a recommended employer.
Pros
very low pay rates
Cons
Extremely friendly work environment.
Great environment and experience
Inpatient Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 14, 2017
Great experience working in an inpatient clinical setting. I learned how to assist total joint replacement patients with their exercises as well as moving and assisting patients with the OTs and PTs in the hospital rooms.
Productive and interesting place to work
ER Patient Access Rep. / Registrar (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJune 12, 2017
Very interesting place to work, I was in the ER so got to see a lot of different things, but not for someone with a weak stomach. Good and friendly management and staff.
Pros
See a lot of different things, benefits, time and a half for weekends/nights
Cons
Can be chaotic or hectic
Fast paced work environment
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MD 20879June 7, 2017
Co-workers are very helpful to one another. As long as you do your job as asked you shouldn't worry about the providers complaining to the manager. There is no room to grow in this company. They only hire full time positions.
I'M not very supportive of there management practice.
Surgical Technician / Lead Endoscopy (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJune 7, 2017
management was not fair and just too many unfair scheduling and
assignment practice. Which make for a very uncofortable work place.. Not very supportive during employee family crisis. dont respect employee rights (mainly- fmal.}which I had because of the murder of my daughter.I needed time for therapy.Which din't take good with management.Too much time away from work.They on have just enough staff.no back up staffing.
Productive and respectful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 2, 2017
Working with patient serving food for 3 meals. I learned to respect one another and work as a team. The culture was very divers and great people to work with. I always enjoy working with the patients.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Amazing Experience
Discharge Transporter/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 31, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working with both the patients and the staff alike. I also enjoyed building relationships with many of the people who work at the hospitals everyday and it is always a friendly and welcoming environment. I learned about some of the tasks both nurses and physicians take part in as well as the backgrounds of several people who hold different occupations in the hospital. I learned about the organization of a hospital and how volunteers are only a small part of the whole hospital as a functioning unit. Volunteering here was not only an enjoyable experience, the interactions and situations that I encountered were unforgettable. I also had the pleasure to work with other volunteers and work as teams in several parts of the hospital doing tasks such as discharge transporter or working specific sections of the hospital.
Supportive of CE
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 30, 2017
Doctors are SUPER and are willing to listen to your opinion. They are highly skilled and value the nurses. Level 2 trama center. EMS is amazing. Staff work as a team
Pros
Level of care
Cons
pt population, non english speaking, and entitlement
Emergency Department Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDMay 29, 2017
I was a volunteer and everyone there is very helpful and professional . I highly recommend taking the time to volunteer or work here. It is a wonderful environment and I learned a great deal.
Excellence, Integrity, Compassion,
Certified Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDMay 25, 2017
I was very happy working for Washington Adventist Hospital,
I had a very good experience working as a team player which help me to grow professionally..
Productive work palce
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MD 20912May 23, 2017
clean hospital wings restrooms walls floors and stairwells
nothing that i already didnt know
management was unorganized
employee was easy to get along with
the hardest part was the pay
doing what i like to do
A good place to learn
Emergency Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDMay 21, 2017
The typical day is very busy and you learn about new diseases every day.The hardest part is keeping all the patients satisfied in the small congested waiting room. However, I enjoyed working with all the doctors and nurses at WAH.
staff was good to work with
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDMay 15, 2017
The staff was great to work with. Management did not value nurses and treated them with indifference. At a meeting with the hospital mgmt., nurses and doctors from my particular unit the nurses expressed concern about changes in policy/caseload. The doctors spoke out in support. Management said "if you don't like it here you can leave"
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval