Adventist Hinsdale Hospital

Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work clean, good management co workers wok as a good team need more staff need a better cafeteria and food stressful job
Very active place
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 25, 2016
staff is welcoming as you enter. job duties as a clerk is great and you get to know patient over the phone while their stay at the hospital. you get the hear the joy you give patient both on the phone and in person. how one little thing you do makes a huge difference.
Pros
walking and sitting
Cons
unorganized by Management
Nice hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 23, 2016
Not enough support, however great Drs. and wonderful colleagues.Not enough staff to be able to provide safe patient care.
Would not recommend this organization to work
RN (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 26, 2012
Wonderful co-workers but HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, management. No respect for employees, terrible health insurance-so bad that employees cannot afford to have thier own health care needs met. Adventist Hospitals have spiritual signs posted all over their hospitals. The so called spiritual based values of this institution are a smoke screen for all the political and unethical things that go on behind the scenes of this organization. They are also very disrespectful towards their employees and treat them like trash. Management always claims that thier budget is tight so they cannot afford to provide better health insurance and better salary increases. However, over the years they have purchased additional hospitals out of state, rebuilt LaGrange Hospital, recently renovated Hinsdale Hospital and are now considering building a cancer center! I would not recommend this institution as a place of employment to anyone.
Pros
food has improved over the years
Cons
very poor management, so called spiritual values, are a smoke screen for political and unethical things that go on behind the scenes
I would never recommend Hinsdale Hosp. for employment EVER!
RN (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 13, 2012
Management is absoulty aweful. The pay is horrible. Everything everyone has said in the other reviews is very very true. Adventist anything is horrible to work for. They treat their employees like second class citizens. The health insurance is a joke. Everytime I have to see a specialist I have to pay a $65.00 copay. An ER visit has a $500.00 copay. Same for surgery. You pay $295.00 every 2 week's for the family plan. There is a $1250.00 yearly deductible for each member of your family and after that is met they will only cover 80% of the bill. If you use one of there facilitys you still have to pay out of your A** with no employee discount. Then if you need Physical Therapy it is another separate deductible of $750.00 before it's covered at 80% then there is an additional $1000.00 called an "out of pocket expense" this insurance will put you so far into debt that you will not be able to climb out of. The big head honchos are jerks who only are their for themselves and no One else. Dogs are treated better than the employees.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED STAY AWAY FROM ADVENTIST HINSDALE HOSPITAL WALK AWAY FROM THIS AD AND KEEP LOOKING..NO HAPPY ENDINGS HERE.! starting pay for phlebotomist is $8.00 with no chance of a raise.stay away!
Pros
none none none
Cons
you have to punch out for lunch
Enjoyable patient's and peers
Inpatient RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 11, 2016
Organize my day, review emails and voicemail, Utilization review , discharge planning, assess my patient, lead rounds, attend meetings, call MD to help decrease LOS. Sharpened my case management skills. Management is empathetic but in an organization that is changing, management is not able to do much. Wonderful co-workers. Hardest thing about my job is juggling the UR cases along with efficiently preforming discharge plans and initial discharge assessments. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patient's and co-workers.
Pros
co-workers and patient's
Cons
Work load
Great place to get your foot in the door
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILMarch 17, 2013
The work is easy but not as rewarding as you might think. There's quite a bit expected of you but that's understandable since keeping a hospital sanitary isn't exactly child's play. MY managers have ben pretty understanding with last minute hiccups in schedules and they're pretty easy going. Everyone in your department is incredibly nice and very friendly.
Pros
benefits, hours, co workers
Cons
those higher than you on the job ladder look down on you i.e. doctors, nurses, surgeons
Adventist was a wonderful place to work during the time I was there.
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 27, 2014
Adevntist treated their emloyees fairly, offered advancement opportunities and had good benefits.
Pros
Chances for advancement, good benefits.
Cons
I can't think of any.
Great place to work.
Admitting ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 28, 2015
Great place to work. Good management. ER was always an interesting place. Management was fair to employees and cared about work life balance.
Good people
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILFebruary 24, 2016
Very great environment to work at. My duties as and intern was to collect specimens and other laboratory need duties with prompt sanitary practices and good customer service with patience.
Great place to work but not much advancement
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 21, 2015
I processed two out of the 4 hospitals payroll in the Midwest. Provided and recreated Training and Material to timekeepers at all levels. I enjoyed working with everyone expecially at Adventist LaGrange and Bolingbrook Hospital. I had a great relationship with them. I like the fact that I was able to learn more of the payroll end with Qtrly taxes and deductions. I was their for a little over 6 years. Sadly my job hours got cut down do to budgets being cut but still was able to get my job done regardless. I took advantage of this and went back to school.
Pros
Was able to go back to school
Cons
Health Care change which lead to budget cuts
Hinsdale hospital is very good place of work- the culture was excellent & administration was supportive.
RN / IHR (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 10, 2013
I have enjoyed my 16 years in this hospital. Developed a lot of friends. The management is good & very supportive with staff. I miss this place. I visit once in a while when I am in the neighborhood.
Pros
Very good working culture. Employees are nice, helpful & friendly.
Cons
Mostly busy & can't take a complete break.
great experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 6, 2013
I work for a part of the hospital called Outreach. A typical day is unusual, you can expect anything to happen. Meaning, you can be at one place today or a year, but your next scheduled work day you may be sent somewhere else. It just depends on what's going on that day.
I learned so many things working for Adventist. Each site you may work is a different type of practice which enables us to learn different test from hematology oncology to pediactrics. You just never know .
I met some really great people here at Adventist, knowledgable as well as personalble. We had a lot of great outings together like picnics, movies, dinner, and even holiday parties.
My job is'nt hard, I guess it's because I enjoy what I do and what I've learned.
Pros
complimentary lunches during lab week
Cons
insurance is'nt great
I loved working for Hinsdale
Operating Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 16, 2015
I felt as if I was an important part of the organization and I felt as though the organization felt that I was important too. I would recommend working for this company and also being a patient. Everyone is very nice and they make you feel like family
stressfull environment to work in.
Dietetics Manager (Former Employee) –  adventist hinsdale hospitalMarch 16, 2012
Iam all for faith & beleiving, but hinsdale speaks the good word from one side of the mouth, & does completely opposite from the other side. Me personally had a director who was not a strong leader who left it up to someone else who runs it like her own personnel business, poorly managed, budget is out of control, alot of anger among employees, due from poor management.
Pros
they fed you dinner on special holidays
Cons
not having a strong leader
Fast paced work environment requiring multiple skill sets
Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  120 North Oak, Hinsdale, ILDecember 1, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my position is working with the staff. Helping to problem solve and work as a team. I enjoy the interaction between co-workers, management, physicians and the public.
I have honed my skills with administering vaccinations, tracking body fluid exposures and work related injuries.
Pros
day hours
Uses Faith Ministry as a cover up
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  PharmacyMay 23, 2014
Would not refer Hinsdale Hospital to anyone. Management is awful and so is the pay!! Nothing but a back stabbing facility. No breaks and if you get one you have to punch out. Very stressful organization. Co-workers are nice and care more than management.
Pros
Cons
Management and Pay
Good place to work for nurses
PCT/ US (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Management and co-workers are supportive. Furthering education is highly encouraged. Nursing is well supported and respected, but it is difficult getting a nursing job here with only a 2 year degree.
Peers are very nice and great to work with.
Unit Secretary, Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 19, 2013
Work was great I enjoyed working with my peers. Being courteous to all patients answering call, taking patients to different departments.
Setting up patient charts for admissions and Electroconvulsive therapy.nothing was hard I enjoyed my work and the was the environment was pleasant. Being with people and peers.
Pros
Occasioal free lunches
Cons
Couldn't get my break in.
Nice looking Hospital Great Doctors
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 7, 2015
Nice looking hospitals, very good doctors, pay level ratio to experience. The busy specialty being orthopedics. I really enjoyed working at Hinsdale Hospital.
Pros
nice place
Cons
Great Doctors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Reviews by Location