Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Employee Reviews

Recovery nurses are compassionate and competant
PACU/Recovery Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 11, 2017
The staff in the PACU/recovery unit are excellent. Very attentive and always have the patients' best intersts in mind. The Day Surgery staff are also good and work well in conjunction with the recovery unit.
Mission focused hospital
Director, Service Excellence (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale ILOctober 18, 2017
This is a mission focused hospital that struggles with all the things other hospitals are struggling with in the new reimbursement structure. It's stressful in leadership but the team is great.
Pros
misson focused
Cons
stressful
Safe and fun place to work
clinical coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 5, 2017
Fun place to work. Staff is very friendly and cooperative. It is a pleasure to work under a very knowledgeable, talented, and experienced manager. The manager is interested in staff education and growth. The staff is given every opportunity to learn and grow.
Safe place to work,
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 24, 2017
This is a good place to work
Recent merges have had some cuts on Nursing making it harder to adjust.
Co-workers are educated and kind.
Some departments are not even allowed to make even exchanges...which has cause for more call in's.
Variety
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILMay 13, 2017
Working at Hinsdale Hospital I was provided with a good variety of training, including GI and surgery. The technologist was always working closely with the radiologist and surgeon who gave good feedback on work. I learned my most at this job.
Rn
RN- Preadmission, Cardiac Testing, CHF Clinic (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 27, 2016
Very pleasant staff. They are a faith based company and are very caring and compassionate. Adventist Hisdale has excellent medical and nursing care. It passes the Mom test.
Pros
Faith based institution, very nice coworkers
Cons
many lay offs
Great place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work clean, good management co workers wok as a good team need more staff need a better cafeteria and food stressful job
Nice hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 23, 2016
Not enough support, however great Drs. and wonderful colleagues.Not enough staff to be able to provide safe patient care.
Very active place
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 25, 2016
staff is welcoming as you enter. job duties as a clerk is great and you get to know patient over the phone while their stay at the hospital. you get the hear the joy you give patient both on the phone and in person. how one little thing you do makes a huge difference.
Pros
walking and sitting
Cons
unorganized by Management
Good people
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILFebruary 24, 2016
Very great environment to work at. My duties as and intern was to collect specimens and other laboratory need duties with prompt sanitary practices and good customer service with patience.
Enjoyable patient's and peers
Inpatient RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 11, 2016
Organize my day, review emails and voicemail, Utilization review , discharge planning, assess my patient, lead rounds, attend meetings, call MD to help decrease LOS. Sharpened my case management skills. Management is empathetic but in an organization that is changing, management is not able to do much. Wonderful co-workers. Hardest thing about my job is juggling the UR cases along with efficiently preforming discharge plans and initial discharge assessments. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patient's and co-workers.
Pros
co-workers and patient's
Cons
Work load
Great place to work.
Admitting ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 28, 2015
Great place to work. Good management. ER was always an interesting place. Management was fair to employees and cared about work life balance.
Great place to work but not much advancement
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 21, 2015
I processed two out of the 4 hospitals payroll in the Midwest. Provided and recreated Training and Material to timekeepers at all levels. I enjoyed working with everyone expecially at Adventist LaGrange and Bolingbrook Hospital. I had a great relationship with them. I like the fact that I was able to learn more of the payroll end with Qtrly taxes and deductions. I was their for a little over 6 years. Sadly my job hours got cut down do to budgets being cut but still was able to get my job done regardless. I took advantage of this and went back to school.
Pros
Was able to go back to school
Cons
Health Care change which lead to budget cuts
I loved working for Hinsdale
Operating Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILAugust 16, 2015
I felt as if I was an important part of the organization and I felt as though the organization felt that I was important too. I would recommend working for this company and also being a patient. Everyone is very nice and they make you feel like family
Nice looking Hospital Great Doctors
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 7, 2015
Nice looking hospitals, very good doctors, pay level ratio to experience. The busy specialty being orthopedics. I really enjoyed working at Hinsdale Hospital.
Pros
nice place
Cons
Great Doctors
Fun place
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  HinsdaleApril 18, 2015
Regular day work and irregular calls as any hospital.
Pushing, pushing, barely relaxing.
Nice people except one or two.
Calls anytime ruin employee's life.
Blessed to work in the Facilities Drpartment under GREAT staff
Coordinator for Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 15, 2015
I had the opportunity to work along side some very talented and helpful people. I enjoyed going to work everyday. The hardest part was remembering I was at work and not in a friends livingroom.
Good place to work for nurses
PCT/ US (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Management and co-workers are supportive. Furthering education is highly encouraged. Nursing is well supported and respected, but it is difficult getting a nursing job here with only a 2 year degree.
Great Place To Get Experience
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 24, 2014
This facility has a very large amount of Orthopedics and Neuro surgery. It is great place to learn new skills and to be on the cutting edge of technology including robotic hip and knee replacements and restorative joint procedures. This facility also has a growing Cardiovascular program and is actively seeking Magnet status.
Adventist was a wonderful place to work during the time I was there.
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 27, 2014
Adevntist treated their emloyees fairly, offered advancement opportunities and had good benefits.
Pros
Chances for advancement, good benefits.
Cons
I can't think of any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Reviews by Location