Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital

Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Its not a good work atmospher
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILNovember 1, 2016
I work in Housekeeping and the new management we are under are not fair or team players. they continue to put more on us. and when we try talking to are supervisor about issues on the job they just shrug us off. and don't try to find a solution to the problem or they never get back to us with the right answer. so in other words we are on a team without a coach. a good one at that.
Pros
Cons
bad management
Productive and fun work place
RN (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILNovember 30, 2016
Working night shift varies daily, however most of the time it is really manageable with the help of co-workers. I learned so many things with updated and evidenced based practices. Which I could apply to any nursing settings. I like working with the Managers because they always giving us opportunity to speak for the improvement of the Unit and giving us compliments for the achievements and hard work we made. Colleagues are easy to work with and very helpful which I always look forward to work for the day.
Overall Nice Company - La Grange Security Stay Away From
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalFebruary 7, 2012
ALMH overall is a culture that believes in its people and truly cares about their patients. One department thta you SHOULD stay away from; however, is their Security Department. This department does not follow their core values. You are treated like a little child, worse if you have experience. The Department is run by two individuals w or Security experience. They have no knowledge on managing or Security experience. The department has a 233% turn over rate. That in itself should speak volumes. HR and the Hospital Board don't get it! You complain you are fired.
Stay away from ALMH Security if you have any knowledge how to be a professional. The pay for this department is also terrible. NOT A DEPARTMENT TO WORK FOR!
Pros
employees are great to work with
Cons
security department, pay
Apply if ONLY DESPERATE!!!
Cath lab (Current Employee) –  LagrangeAugust 30, 2013
They preach being so religious but treat people horrible!! Managers are horrible! When you try and go to HR to get help, they treat you like trash. Then they fire you no matter what kind of employee you are. It used to be a wonderful to work, NOW, just run!!! They only care about $$$!!! One day can be super busy and they expect you to stay hours past your shift ends and days they send you home at noon. They don't care if you have bills to pay or a family to feed! IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM!! CATH LAB is the worst with the worst manager!!!!! If they don't like you on a personal level, they will get rid of you, no matter what kind of worker you are!
Pros
Parking
Cons
Pay, management
dont work here
cna (Former Employee) –  La Grange, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Management is terrible, very little potential for job growth. Hospital is constantly understaffed and turnover rate for employees is very high.
Pros
parking, easy
Cons
insurance, management, low pay
Experience
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  LaGrange , Ill.February 28, 2014
The hospital is a 7thDay Adventist. Unfortunately, many of the employees are not of that faith. This is where the problem occurs.
If we had more employees of this faith I believe the workplace would be a less hostile environment. I hope someone from the top reviews these reviews.
Pros
parking, insurance
Cons
Too many cliques, gossip, hatred
Adventist La Grange Hospital Review.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Adventist La Grange Hospital.April 2, 2015
Fun place to work. Employees are very friendly and willing to help both the patients, visitors and other employees, Just not enough job openings.
Great people, they're like family~
Radiology Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILAugust 13, 2013
Work doesn't seem like work because everyone becomes like your family.

2.8