Adventure Aquarium Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work not a job that can sustain you
Assist in training new employees (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 26, 2015
I had a great time working at Adventure Aqauraium, I've met a lot of fun people and have a lot of great stories. This is not, however, a job that one can sustain themselves on. There is very little room for upward mobility and very few hours are given.
fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 5, 2015
receive guest as they come in the doors. be available for guest through out the day to answer any questions they might have during their time at the aquarium. I learned a lot about the animals while working here. management is very hands on and available when needed. co-workers are always around and friendly and upbeat. the hardest part of the day is leaving. the most enjoyable part of the day is the constant change happening in the building whether it be the people coming in or the animals just amazing you.
Pros
working around animals
Cons
getting yeiled at by guest
Line cook , Catering Jr. sou chef / Team Lead , Prep cook, Lead saucer
Lead cook banquet cook (Former Employee) –  Camden NJ.June 11, 2015
A typical day at work: would be like 9:am banquet breakfast 100 ppl, 12:noon executive lunch for 25 ppl and dinner at 8:pm for 175 ppl. Then clock out at 10:30 or 11.00 O clock learned how : to manage the whole kitchen floor and customer service also learned how to do plate sit up for future clients in the catering department. Management: Jr.Sou chef/ Lead Cook. Co workers: where fare realistic co workers. The hardest part of my job was to have food prepared for 2000 ppl with 10 co workers under my direction . the most enjoyable part of the job : Receiving a Raise.
Pros
You can learn
Cons
It's a hard growth after your first raise
different place to work
crew member (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 1, 2015
its a great college and high school job other than that. very hard to move into management if you would even want to. if you have a good team then the job is great other than that management changes their minds a lot.
i am a Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 2, 2015
i start my job at 9 pm o'clock, i have a lunch break for 30 minutes and after i continuing my job until 4:30 pmi work like a cashier at the Adventure Aquarium
i am a medical student and i am looking for a par time job
thanks
It's good but not enough
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 16, 2015
The people there are awesome. I only need a second job to gain more experience. The days at the Aquarium are good, the hardest part is leaving..
Adventure Aquarium
Biologist Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 22, 2012
A typical day at work included taking care of and maintaining animal exhibits. I learned to care for numerous species of animals. The management was ok but the boss didn't know your name. The co-workers I had were extremely fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was doing the work of others and getting paid minimum wage. The most enjoyable part of the job was training the animals.
Pros
animal time
Cons
pay
Unique and enjoyable experience
Biologist Aide (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Great team to work with. Get to swim with sharks, turtles, rays and fish and make a kid's day. Grueling and physically tiring but only lasts for 3 months. Did not get paid enough.
Great Place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 10, 2015
The aquarium is a wonderful place to work. The management staff just doesn't value good work ethic and rather reward those who do not try as hard as other employees.
Poorly run business
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camden NJFebruary 3, 2014
-Customer service and admission job
-learn to use ticket sales systems
-poorly managed, do not use resources appropriately and intentionally mislead staff
Productive, fun, and educational
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 4, 2012
A nice 9-5 job, leaving the evening into nighttime available for personal and home life. A family environment.
Pros
environment, educational
Cons
summer position
Productive and fun place to work at
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 13, 2014
Management is nice and knows how to delegate work at the same time being fun. On busy days, it's a very fast pace environment.
Very productive and fun place to work
Inventory Control Manager/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 7, 2013
Management was very professional and caring. The staff was amazing and very thoughtful.
what a fun and cool place to work for
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 24, 2014
I accomplished a lot working here and I met cool yet fun people to learn from.
Pros
very oustanding job
Cons
not enough pay
Good first job
Animal Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 8, 2013
There are two separate lines of communication within the aquarium, the employees that worked in offices and the ones who directly work on the floor of the aquarium. Communication between these groups definitely need some work. Yes the people there are nice, easy to work with but sometimes one side doesn't know what the other side is doing and might hurt the other side in not communicating. My exact job was one of the hardest jobs to do because you are directly dealing with the guests and making sure the animals are safe too, which is hard when one guest wants your entire attention and you need to make sure you are doing your job right. My old co-workers were great and very helpful. I said a con was "distance" because I commuted from north-central Jersey down to Camden which was 1 hour and 45 minutes, so that took a lot out of you. I liked working there but I wish there was more shows or programming we could do instead of policing a touch tank
Pros
free entry to the aquarium, free parking, occasional free food (breakfast or lunch), nice co-workers, good pay
Cons
lack of programming and shows to preform, lack of communication, guests cooperation, no way to advance, distance

2.9