Advertising Checking Bureau Employee Reviews in United States

Best job I have ever had
Correspondent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 1, 2016
We work 37.5 hours a week which provides for a great work-life balance. We are all paid well for what we do. Company provides free coffee on Friday's and a free breakfast once a month. Company paid workshops to attend. Company really values you as an employee. Great people to work with.
Pros
Pay, hours, management, feeling valued
Cons
location
It was a pleasure to have Latin American people for costumers.
PSG Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 13, 2015
From my costumers, I received budget requirements for advertising. I checked and approved them if they follow the guidelines. After my costumers finished their advertising program, they submit to me some documents to review and approve the budget used.
Horrible IT Dept
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2015
Reviewing the infrastructure of this place is like stepping back into the year 2000! 95% of the websites are STILL using classic ASP. This is 2015 people!! Classic ASP?!?! They have a group of dinosaur programmers who stated they would fight to the end to prevent the tools from moving to Visual Studio .NET. There is no room for technological advancement at ACB. The IT Manager has absolutely no clue what Information Technology is about. The Sr. Manager is a narcissists who micro manages everything under this control. It literally takes DAYS to get access to server shares which is inexcusable and utterly ridiculous.

When I first arrived the person in the cube next to me stated there is an extremely high turnover rate in the IT department. One, because they don't know what they're doing and secondly because the pay and benefits are horrible. The people taking phone calls are only allowed 37.5 hours a week which I thought was very strange.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Salary, benefits, diversity, way behind the eight ball on technology, incompetent sys admins
Unfriendly and racially uncomfortable
Regional Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 19, 2014
I worked at ACB for a month and a half as Regional Specialist for Cadillac and I hated it. The work was very easy and slow. I was just sitting there most of the day. My managers Alicia and Stephanie never made me feel welcomed. I was the only African American male in the department and I feel outcasted and even racial insulted at times. Stephanie even pulled me to the side after to ask me if I felt disrespected after she made an inappropriate racial comment. Management never spoke to me until I made a mistake. The GM department is not a comfortable place for a heterosexual black male but they pay you ok starting pay.
Pros
starting salary
Cons
everything else
Not a good place to work
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2015
This company was not a good company, they dont care about the employees at all, not flexaible at all, hot in the summer too much mandatory overtime requried, no compassion for the disable just a bad place too work
Horrible Place Ruuuuuuunnnnn!!!
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2014
There is nothing good I can tell you about this employer and I am not exaggerating. The pay is low, the work environment is horrible, the management is out of this world, there was an IT manager who uses to come drunk and stunned to work but yet they kept him for years until he came completely wasted that he could not walk straight, and then they had to do something about it because everyone witnessed it. Do not work there unless if you really need a temporary work.
Pros
none whatsoever
Cons
low pay, stressful, and unprofessional
Solid Company to Work For
Account CSR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 8, 2015
A.C.B. is a solid job. You will not advance much and the raises are very minimal. However, if you're satisfied with the pay your job is very secure.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Lack of advancement.
Has a history of long term employees
Manager, Payment Services Group (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2012
Advertising Checking Bureau (ACB) was a learning experience for me. This was my first job experience in the south and the culture differences became apparent quite quickly. Although ACB is a co-op company and is in the same industry as Advertising Audit Service (AAS), they are quite archaic compared to AAS. The management team does not allow the middle managers to take control over their departments which truely just makes them a go between upper manaement and the hourly staff.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
see my review
Nice place to work
Claims Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2013
Some days were busier. There were quite a few things to learn about different accounts. It was always possible to help another department when needed. Management was helpful but could have used a little improvement. Co-workers were mindful and respectful of the next person and helpful when needed. The job was basically not hard but the hardest part of the job was allowing more time to research and train in different capacities. The most enjoyable part of the job entailed rewards for work well done and parties for company achievements such as time spent on the job, etc.
Pros
company always had aminities for the employees
Cons
te breaks were too short, 10 minutes.
supervisors are a joke
auditor (Current Employee) –  tempe azSeptember 24, 2014
The rebate department is very unorganized. There are 2 supervisors who oversee the department. One is a control freak who can't keep her department under control. The other has no idea what's going on. Training is horrendous yo say the least. You basically train yourself. They write you up for bull and when you call them out on how unprofessional and rude they are to the staff they play it off like it's no big deal. They say it's an open door policy but once you go to HR with a concern, she plays it off as well and tries to find fault with the employee. The rebate supervisors talk a lot of smack about employees in their very open and non private cubicles. Everyone can hear what is being said. There is a huge lack of professionalism, courtesy and respect. They micro manage because they can't get their own act together. Employees are over worked and under paid. Very unappreciated and made to feel kine incompetent idiots.
Pros
hours
Cons
everything else
Management doenst listen to employee concerns
customer service (Current Employee) –  TempeNovember 30, 2013
The moral is terrible and when issues are brought to supervisors or HR they tend to play it down and make you feel like you are blowing things out of proportion. There is a lot of backstabbing and supervisors tend to play favorites. There are several bullies that work here and when you try to issue a formal complaint its played down. The management team sits back and watches it yet acts like the don't see it/hear it or know about it. They refuse to acknowledge the fact that we are all overworked and under paid. Management is very out of touch with anyone that is positioned below a Supervisor level, they always make excuses and act like nothing is wrong. ACB cannot come close to other companies that do what we do. The lack of good working technology makes us a joke of the industry.
Pros
7.5 hour working days
Cons
supervisors that lie about stats to make them look better.
This is a very large fast paced yet organized customer service office
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 7, 2012
company delivers excellent service to the customer also provides a professional warm and welcoming work envirionment.
Pros
monday through friday 8am to 430pm, weekends are voluntary
Cons
location small breakroom area
Great Place to Work!!
Team Lead- Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 7, 2014
Learned how to lead a team effectively through listening and problem solving to ensure excellent customer care daily.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
health insurance
Not to professional and very petty management
Recoder (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 8, 2013
This was a very easy job but very unprofessional. Supervisor would bring you in for write ups just based on what someone who has been working there longer says about you. Super discussed things about you with other employees.
Productive yet stressful work environment.
Customer Service Representative, Auditor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2013
-I audit Toyota advertising all day as they are submitted to me through my particular US region while answering phones and floating messages and work to other co-workers.
-I have had the priveledge of learning about the car dealerships and their advertising process as well as what Toyota deems appropriate of their dealers.
-Some management within this company is very efficient. However, some lack the ability to be good leaders.
-Some co-workers maintain a good balanced work environment. However, some take advantage of the lack of management skills and do not use their time wisely.
-My hardest part of of my job is understanding all new rules and changes since there is a lack of leadership within management.
-I have gained trust and some friendship with some of my clients I speak with often.
Pros
this company does provide all holidays off paid and offers several health benefit opportunities.
Cons
they are continuing to lose clients and demand little of their management team.
Dynamic and great place to work
Assistant Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 10, 2013
Great place to work. Always busy. The Mangement Team is great. The most enjoyable part of the job is there is always something to do...it's never boring.
A nice career
Senior Data Entry/Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 30, 2013
Working at ACB was enlightening. I learned several different tasks that made me a more valuable employee.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
not many advancement opportunities.

2.9