Advertising Specialty Institute Employee Reviews in United States

ASI is an amazing organization with alot of growth opportunity
Sr. Vice President of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 3, 2016
ASI perks

Starbucks onsite
Daycare onsite
24/7 gym onsite
full service cafe
competitive pay
great benefits
family friendly
Pros
Starbucks down the hall, daycare onsite and 24/7 gym very convenient
Cons
Can get very hectic. Need to be organized and driven. Its not for everyone.
Repiticious
Electronic Editor (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJune 19, 2015
Working at Advertising Specialty Institute was repetitious. The hardest part of the job was getting a bonus and raise. Food was great!
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Productive and Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMay 24, 2016
I was great at multi-tasking! Everyday was something different, i was great at thinking on my feet. I learned time management skills and how to support multiple people at the same time.
We do have a ping pong table :)
Net Developer/Manager, Business Applications (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 29, 2016
The company has onsite gym and is encouraging the employees to attend free sessions. 100% casual dress code and no pressure.
Pros
very convenient location
Cons
Some people have their work stations in the basement.
A rapidly growing company that holds on to it's family roots
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 2, 2016
ASI is an exciting place to work. They treat their employees very well. The last five years at ASI has molded me into the designer I am today.
Pros
The employees at ASI are dedicated and hard working.
Great company, lousy manager
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 18, 2014
My job consisted of imputing data in the computer for companies who wanted to become members.
My direct manager was the hardest part of my job, when a person does not know their job how can she direct you in doing your job correctly. Most of my co-workers were great to work with again without management it was difficult at times to work done.
The company itself was great to work for they were very generous with perks for you, free lunches, parties for all occasions, I would recommend working for this company just not in the department I was in.
Pros
benefits, free lunches, parties for all occasions, bonuses.
Cons
my manager
I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PADecember 10, 2014
My manager was awful. You were expected to stay late even if your work was done. There was zero work life balance. If you work was done and you could leave at 5:00, you were given more work to ensure you were staying. The management in department was terrible from top down. They were rude and no people skills.
Cons
terrible work life balance with rude and awful managers.
Flexible work environment.
Web Specialist (Current Employee) –  remoteApril 8, 2015
Flexible work environment enables me to work remotely for most of the time. Co-workers are engaging and energetic. The managment is supportive of employee needs and career aspirations. Work itself is demanding but there are many perks.
Management is fair and consistent with employees
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAApril 6, 2015
The short time I spent working with ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) was undoubtebly enjoyable and a new learning opportunity. From the first to the very last day at ASI, I would come in to work at 9 a.m or 9:30 a.m. depending on what show we were working on that month. I would always greet my co-workers and sit at my desk to prepare myself and get organized for the work day. made approximately 50 calls a day with a few breaks and a lunch in between. If I needed help or had any questions, I was in good company and welcomed with open arms from all of my co-workers and upper management. Although I wasn't familiar with management outside the department I worked for, those who I spent time and became acquainted with, were some of the smartest, talented, and supportive group of people. This was my first time working as a Registration Specialist, and I learned a great deal about handling customers. The most challenging aspect of the job was trying to influence the customers to take advantage of their member benefits. For example, attending five trade-shows a year held in different states around the U.S. These shows are designed to increase revenue for their businesses by bringing together unique ad specialty items and services that helped differentiate themselves from their competition. Therefore, convincing them to leave their business and families was indeed a difficult task at hand. On the contrary, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting together and collaborating on ideas at each meeting that was held every other Friday. My co-workers and I, came together and created  more... various communication strategies to influence our customers in a forceful but well-reasoned and supportive manner. From my experience at ASI,I learned to take action with the end result in mind and to think "outside the box." I believe that by learning these essential life skills, it will allow me to improve in the workplace, and help foster success in order to achieve my goals. No matter the challenges I am faced with, I will somehow learn to overcome those obstacles.  less
Pros
Friendly environment, Great training, Close commute
Cons
Temporary, Healthcare
Hard working, fast paced environment
Director, Digital Advertising Operations (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PANovember 26, 2012
The best part of ASI are the co-workers. Everyone is hard working, intelligent, and friendly. Many employees have been there for 15+ years. However, the majority of people are so focused on getting their work-load done, that people are unable to help other departments. "I would love to help you, but I just don't have the bandwidth." Getting an expansion position approved is difficult. The company is constantly moving, but it offers a creative, challenging, rewarding environment.
Pros
good mixers through-out the year, great benefits including on-site cafe
Cons
high workload, no help from other depts, difficult to get expansion positions approved
Ok place to work.
ESP (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 20, 2015
ASI is medium sized company trying to be a big time company. They expect people to do a lot of work in a short period of time with minimal quality assurance checking. The people that work there are nice and the work itself is not that bad. Days are very busy.
Pros
nice benefits and company functions.
Cons
not enough employees for the amount of work to be done.
ASI Culture
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJune 3, 2013
I have been here for over 5 years and have learned a lot of skills to help further my career. The culture at ASI is very family oriented and relaxed which is an ideal environment for me to work in.
Bad People.
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMarch 4, 2015
Bad experience - no appreciation. Jealousy. Back stabbing. If one person dislikes you - then the entire place don't like you & will make your time there a living nightmare.
Pros
Cafeteria
Use to be great
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  trevose paFebruary 19, 2015
The company use to be a close knit family atmosphere that was invested in you, listened to you and made you feel valued and appreciated. Over time it changed to a cold corporate office that made you know your job was in jeopardy. The security was gone and your motivation for doing a good job for the companies success changed to doing a good job out of fear of losing your job.

Coworkers are pretty great though.
Pros
great building and good parking.
Cons
poor interdepartmental communication, will underpay you if they can get away with it, .
Fast paced, productive and interactive.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAMarch 8, 2014
My typical work day consists of answering a high volume of technical support calls. Consistently offering high quality training of our software products.

Management and co-workers work and learn as a co-hesive unit to help resolve our customers issues.

Learned that I have the ability the multi-task without thinking it's multi-tasking, it's just part of what of a typical work day.
Pros
great cafe, fitness classes and great co-workers
Interesting place to work with good salary
Electronic Editor (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJune 19, 2013
While working at this particular job, I learned a great deal about data entry, proofreading, and entering information into customer data base.

The most enjoyable part of the job involved the people I worked with, all of whom approached their work with professional attitudes.

The most difficult part of this job was not being hired on a full-time basis after six months on the job.
Pros
good salary
Cons
not being hired full-time after six months on the job.
Committed to its customers and employees
Vice President, User Experience (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 18, 2013
Amazing place to work. Committed to its customers and its employees by investing in the latest technology. Innovation leads the charge among executives and interdepartmental relationships.
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Fun, charitable place to work with lots of challenges. Lack of job security and hiring of temps in place of long-time employees is becoming an issue.
Pros
cafe and starbucks on-site
Cons
lack of job security
Horrible Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  BensalemJune 24, 2014
It's a "Good Ol Boys Club"! Unless you bow down to management, you are heavily disliked.
Warm, wonderful company
Seasonal Electronic Editor (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAApril 3, 2013
Managers are personable and listen to employee concerns. The company is extremely welcoming, and in general the other employees are happy to help new hires. The data entry can become stressful during the busy season, but there are always breaks built into the day, and the friendly atmosphere of the office makes it easier to do the mandatory overtime.
Pros
great location, cafeteria, lots of breaks and parties, fun coworkers and bosses.
Cons
can be stressful and repetitive work, requires a lot of attention to detail.