Advertising Specialty Institute

Advertising Specialty Institute Employer Reviews

Proven Excecutive in Marketing & Sales
Executive Director of Membership Sales (Former Employee), Trevose, PAApril 14, 2014
Promoted to managed over six different business services and increased sales for the company every opportinity.
Fast paced, productive and interactive.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Trevose, PAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: great cafe, fitness classes and great co-workers
My typical work day consists of answering a high volume of technical support calls. Consistently offering high quality training of our software products.

Management and co-workers work and learn as a co-hesive unit to help resolve our customers issues.

Learned that I have the ability the multi-task without thinking it's multi-tasking, it's just part – more... of what of a typical work day. – less
Great company, lousy manager
Application Specialist (Former Employee), Trevose, PAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, free lunches, parties for all occasions, bonuses.
Cons: my manager
My job consisted of imputing data in the computer for companies who wanted to become members.
My direct manager was the hardest part of my job, when a person does not know their job how can she direct you in doing your job correctly. Most of my co-workers were great to work with again without management it was difficult at times to work done.
The company – more... itself was great to work for they were very generous with perks for you, free lunches, parties for all occasions, I would recommend working for this company just not in the department I was in. – less
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Trevose, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: cafe and starbucks on-site
Cons: lack of job security
Fun, charitable place to work with lots of challenges. Lack of job security and hiring of temps in place of long-time employees is becoming an issue.
You are just a number, just a expense to ceo and owner.
Electronic editor. (Former Employee), TrevoseNovember 17, 2013
Pros: cafeteria food
Cons: they do not value older employees.
The reviews about this place being a "warm" place to work are obviously written by HR department.
Interesting place to work with good salary
Electronic Editor (Former Employee), Trevose, PAJune 19, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: not being hired full-time after six months on the job.
While working at this particular job, I learned a great deal about data entry, proofreading, and entering information into customer data base.

The most enjoyable part of the job involved the people I worked with, all of whom approached their work with professional attitudes.

The most difficult part of this job was not being hired on a full-time basis – more... after six months on the job. – less
ASI Culture
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Trevose, PAJune 3, 2013
I have been here for over 5 years and have learned a lot of skills to help further my career. The culture at ASI is very family oriented and relaxed which is an ideal environment for me to work in.
Warm, wonderful company
Seasonal Electronic Editor (Former Employee), Trevose, PAApril 3, 2013
Pros: great location, cafeteria, lots of breaks and parties, fun coworkers and bosses.
Cons: can be stressful and repetitive work, requires a lot of attention to detail.
Managers are personable and listen to employee concerns. The company is extremely welcoming, and in general the other employees are happy to help new hires. The data entry can become stressful during the busy season, but there are always breaks built into the day, and the friendly atmosphere of the office makes it easier to do the mandatory overtime.
Committed to its customers and employees
Vice President, User Experience (Current Employee), Trevose, PAFebruary 18, 2013
Amazing place to work. Committed to its customers and its employees by investing in the latest technology. Innovation leads the charge among executives and interdepartmental relationships.
Editors are treated as disposable employees
Electronic Editor (Former Employee), Trevose, PAJanuary 8, 2013
The EIT staff is full of positions that are easily filled and employees are treated as such. The money is decent for this job, but being treated as 12 year olds is not something that grown adults should have to put up with.
ASI management tries to micromanage every aspect of the job. Not a very comfortable place to work.
Electronic Editor (Former Employee), Trevose, PADecember 31, 2012
Pros: no pros that i could think of.
Cons: location.
Never felt comfortable working here, found myself looking over my shoulder frequently.
Hard working, fast paced environment
Director, Digital Advertising Operations (Former Employee), Trevose, PANovember 26, 2012
Pros: good mixers through-out the year, great benefits including on-site cafe
Cons: high workload, no help from other depts, difficult to get expansion positions approved
The best part of ASI are the co-workers. Everyone is hard working, intelligent, and friendly. Many employees have been there for 15+ years. However, the majority of people are so focused on getting their work-load done, that people are unable to help other departments. "I would love to help you, but I just don't have the bandwidth." Getting an expansion – more... position approved is difficult. The company is constantly moving, but it offers a creative, challenging, rewarding environment. – less
Best Place to Work
Seasonal Electronic Editor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2012
Pros: extended lunch when you combine breaks, discount in cafe, holiday celebrations, friendly people
Cons: seasonal, rarely do they hire full-time
I loved working here, it was a very friendly environment, not too stressful and everyone always had a smile.