AdvisaCare Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Great homecare company
HHA (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 21, 2017
I really enjoy everyone I've worked with at the Kalamazoo office. They are friendly, funny, and helpful. I've worked with other homecare companies, and the pay is a lot higher than other companies. They have paid time off and healthcare benefits that are not offered from other companies either. I've referred folks to work here as well. I would definitely recommend them if you are looking for extra work.
Don't bother applying
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 17, 2017
I have been with this company for two years and everything has just gone downhill. Tons of employees quit with no notice, clients treat staff horribly, if you are sick.... good luck, office staff never cover shifts even though they are supposed to, no mileage, always short staffed and they keep getting new clients, no communication between office staff, call you last minute to cover when they have the schedule for a month, schedule you on days you can't work, never follow through, and lots more...
Pros
No supervision, shifts 2-12hours
Cons
Everything else
Not perfect but a good place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 7, 2017
Office staff are friendly and want to do what's best for the clients and care about the staff. They actually do work in the field when there's a call off, and the manager actually knows the clients and staff well. Pay is good, better than most homecare agencies.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay
Cons
sometimes you have to drive a little, but it's homecare!
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on providing the best care possible and knowing our clients and staff personally. We appreciate having you as an employee!

All hype - read other reviews about beware
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 3, 2017
Employment adds are a bunch of hype - untrue description of company attitudes and how they treat employees. Self-centered management that doesn't really care about employees or clients - only bottom line and what make their jobs easier and convenient. No benefits, no training, no support, no response for concerns by management, favoritism and clicks in workplace.
August 8, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write this review. Our sincere apologies for your experience with AdvisaCare. We truly care about what happened, making the appropriate changes and moving forward in a positive direction. Please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources, at (616) 464-1117 to discuss further.

Poor management and scheduling
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 20, 2017
Advisacare seemed like a good place to work at first. Then after a few months I realized how it was not a very organized company. The women that worked in the office were always rude, and they were supposed to cover shifts they could not fill. So if I was at a 12 hour shift and the next person to come in cancelled, the office staff was suppose to come in. Never once did they do that for me, and they would wait till last minute to inform me that after working 12 hours I was going to be mandated. The office staff are trained home health aides for those reasons. So even if you needed to leave for an emergency you would be terminated. Scheduling was a complete mess!
June 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for your disheartening experience while employed at AdvisaCare. We take all feedback as ways to improve our business. If you would be willing to talk, please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources, at (616) 464-1117.

Very good homecare agency
C.n.a homecare (Current Employee) –  Battlecreek michMay 13, 2017
I'm very happy with the company and my supervisors.i have been here two years and I think it is a very good place to work. Pretty sure I will be employed there for many more years to come.
Pros
Very accommodating
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
May 15, 2017

Thank you very much! We hope that you continue to be with us as well!

Horrible Management
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 21, 2017
The pay was competitive, but nearly everything about the leadership and the culture of the organization was horrendous. It is a very heavy handed company that pretends to care about its clients and completely neglects it's employees
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Poor management and culture
May 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for your disheartening experience while employed at AdvisaCare. We take all feedback as ways to improve our business. If you would be willing to talk, please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources at (616) 464-1117.

Incompetent and Negligent
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 11, 2017
BEWARE! Advisa-Care is not to be trusted with your livelihood or the well being of the residents they are charged to care for. They're negligent in the level of care provided their residents and several were taken to the hospital on multiple occasions to to AdvisaCare staffs' lack of competence. Minimal training is provided for employees and dangerous situations are the result. Promised increases in pay never materialize. Management will blame any perceived impropriety on staff to avoid consequences. They have been reported to the Michigan Department of Health Services but, as they require no licensure to operate, there is no recourse for oversight. Do not entrust your loved one's care to AdvisaCare.
Cons
Minimal training, Incompetent Management, No benefits, Excessive Hours and inefficient scheduling.
May 9, 2017

Our sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience with AdvisaCare. As home care specialists, we are committed to bringing peace of mind to every family we serve. We strive to provide industry leading service and employment opportunities. We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to discuss the situation further. If so, please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources at (616) 464-1117.

Impressive!
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  E. Lansing, MiMarch 20, 2017
I was impressed with Advisacare from the start. Angie and Dennys are very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I liked that they were understanding and flexible with my scheduling needs. I look forward to a long working relationship with this top notch company!
May 9, 2017

Thank you kindly for the positive feedback, as well as acknowledging Angie and Denys. We appreciate having you as an employee!

Horrible place to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 19, 2017
I was cheated on my check and sent to abusive clients home. Staff at home was just as bad as client. Office was no help. If you didn't take the abuse you didn't have any hours.
May 9, 2017

We would like to extend our sincere apologies regarding your recent experience with AdvisaCare. We are dedicated to a high standard of excellence and your experience should not be an exception. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If you would be willing to talk, please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources at (616) 464-1117.

Very great place to work!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 12, 2016
No complaints about this establishment. Such great employees and very flexible! Great staff.
I loved becoming a part of the clients family and helping them become more independent.
May 9, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience! We greatly appreciate your support and hope to work with you again in the future.

organized
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 29, 2016
wide diversity of employees and clients. able to experience different settings and how individuals cope with their disabilities.
May 9, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience online. It means a lot!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvisaCare Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

AdvisaCare Home Health Care Reviews by Location