Advocate Health Care

Advocate Health Care Employee Reviews

Top 10 Healthcare provider
Financial Service Specialist/Scheduler CHAA (Current Employee), Hazel Crest, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, concern for employees, activities, yearly gifts/bonuses
Answer high volume of incoming calls for patients for outpatient testing. Collect high dollar co-pays, co-insurances...etc.

I've learned medical terminology, developed close relationships with co-workers, medical staff, as well as doctors.

The management at Advocate are wonderful people. Very flexible with day to day lifestyles and personal needs. They're concerned about their employees. And if I ever had to be a patient anywhere, it definitely would be here.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to work from home.

The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to and helping patients obtain their medical needs in a timely and professional manner.
More headaches than worth the pay
evs (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMay 18, 2015
Pros: Some nice people that work hard and are good coworkers.
Cons: Inconsistent management allowed
Worked part- time in housekeeping. Very inconsistent management. There are different sets of rules from 1st shift to 2nd shift for the same job. Second shift management is horrible. They have no idea what is going on. They are very harassing, such as; you get calls all the time asking "where are you?", while you are working. They offer no help when we are busy. They allow some people to sit in the office and talk (and laugh) with them for long periods of time, while others are working. Stay away from this place!!! Especially 2nd shift.!!
Great company
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 15, 2015
Working for Advocate Health Care in the IT division is a great place to be. Training and reimbursement for school is always available for everyone.
Clean, efficient environment
HR/Recruitment Intern (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 12, 2015
Great place to learn and grow, and benefits are nice. Co workers are great and collaboration is very important. Advocate really cares about patient safety and providing excellent care
I enjoyed meeting new friends here
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
I learned a lot on this journey working here. I learned a lot about people and the health care system. I learned from others and I met a lot of amazing people here.
Learned so much
Outpatient Care Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
Advocate is a place that is leading other health systems with it's ACO. I have learned more than I ever thought I could know from Advocate. The benefits are wonderful and the potential for growth within the organization is better.
Hospital Security Officer/Public Safety Officer
Former AHC Security Officer (Former Employee), Park RidgeApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits - but these are rapidly diminishing, excellant OTJ training
Cons: Terrible insurance, PTO stinks, you will have no personal life
In the above capacity and or job title you will be punched,kicked,slapped,scratched ,bitten as well as have urine or feces thrown at you. You will frequently have to physically interact with patients with all forms of infectious diseases up to and including C Dif , MERSA , Hepititis A,B and C as well as HIV and AIDS. You will have to restrain violent intoxicated or high individuals who can have any one the previous issues, you will walk miles , you will stand stationary posts and watches for hours on end with these very same individuals. Healthcare is a excellant stepping stone into a law enforcement career , or a career ending one if your permanently injured on the job .
Good Company to work for
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: wellness programs.
Cons: lack of training
The company offers a lot to the associates and cares about wellness and creating a good work environment. The associates are very helpful in assisting new employees to acclimate. The Benefit program offered is good.
advocate is not worth working for
Patient care tech (Former Employee), Good Samaritian HospitalApril 6, 2015
Stay away from gsh it is the pits. Management sucks and the workers are all two faced. I lost ten years of my life working
for advocate.
Good company to gain working knowledge of large organization
Vice President (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 2, 2015
Pros: Large company
Cons: Limited at the top--complex culture
A good place for a person starting or wanting to work for a large complex organization. The company is growing fast but you may want to leave after you gain credible experience. A complex matrix organization with a complex culture.
Great place to work and great people to work with
Lab Associate- Part time (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILApril 1, 2015
Advocate Health Care - ACL Laboratories is a great place to work and my co-workers are wonderful to work with. When the job needs to get done, everyone works together to finish on time. Great team work!! Management is very understanding and they are very flexible with schedules for those who are going to school or another job.
Room for Advancement
Advocate At Home (Current Employee), Hazel Crest, ILApril 1, 2015
My days are very autonomous and patient driven. Staff is supportive. I am able to educate patients and families about there health conditions and am able to see improvement in health.
Healthcare at it's best
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches provided by pharmacutical rep daily, terrific team to work for.
Cons: unforseen medical emergencies
The staff and management where the best. Everyone was always wiling to help. I got to take many classes and trainings. Management was always supportive. The work day always went by quick and you enjoyed your day.
beautiful place to work with good job security and advancemnet
linen tech 2 (Current Employee), chicago,ilMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good company and workplace enviroment
Cons: none at all
i enjoy working for advocate healthcare and and its a rewarding company that allows you to advance within the company. its a diverse workplace with good job security. advocate also helps you further your education.
Constantly evolving
Staffing Consultant/ Recruiter (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 15, 2015
Large organization that constantly changing

Metrics driven, fast paced

Great co worker, average benefits, room to grow

No two days are the same
SENIOR SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Chicago, IlliniosMarch 11, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: no lunch coverae
A typical day at work was calm and cheerful. What I've learned at Advocate Health Care being productive. Management was very nice and fair. Coworkers fun to work with. The hardest part of the job I would have to say no coverage for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills.
Excellent place to work, everyone was fantastic
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: we had great holliday parties, and reserved parking
Cons: i felt is wasn't good when restroom code was put on phone, sometime female duties are different
A typical day at work was making appointments from Advocate's Central Call Center, learning how to deal with all people, even if their the most irrate. Management was good, co-worker were beautiful, hardest part was the irrate customers; overall best part was helping others.
Good place to help patients
Heart Failure Specialist Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: co-worker interaction
Cons: being on call more than once a month
Very good company to work for. However, not a good balance between work and family life. I learned a lot about managed care, Medicare, and Medicaid. Management not very understanding about work/family life balance. Co-workers very competent to work with. Enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and helping them.
IT Dept. extraordinary growth and long term work relationship
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Advocate Health Care is a company which continues to flourish. It is a true fact this company will take over Illinois soon.

With that being said a typical day is never ending there are constantly new projects with deadlines that must be met. Meetings with consultants and project planning, specs and build plans are continually developed. Time management is use frequently with everything I do because of the massive amount of projects that are handled in a week.

The management staff is friendly and supportive but focus on deadlines and accuracy/ proficiency of work done.

The co-workers are the best. Most of us not all but most work together as a team to get the job done. They support and you look out for each other. This is very rare!!!

The hardest part of my job is maintaining the overwhelming amount of knowledge that is provided. I work in an industry where things change in the blink of an eye. It is very important to keep these changes update and remembered because we work with a database that provides a service for patients and one small mix up could cause life or death issue.

Going to Cerner conference!!! HIMSS Conference!!! Working with my co-workers as a team and conquering huge projects. These are the most enjoyable parts of my job
IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Greater Chicago AreaJanuary 17, 2015
Providing Technical Support to end-users of over 35,0000 users puts you in the position to constantly utilize and expand upon your time management, critical decision-making and problem-solving skills daily. As a Support specialist you are constantly working to provide the highest level degree of customer satisfaction while meeting/exceeding service level expectations of the IS department. Participation in collaborative teamwork environment to ensure team effectiveness in achieving department goals is practiced and implemented on a day-to-day basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Advocate Health Care

Advocating wellness in Chicagoland from Palos Heights to Palatine, Advocate Health Care is a not-for-profit, integrated health – Read more

Advocate Health Care Salaries