Advocate Health Care

Advocate Health Care Employer Reviews

beautiful place to work with good job security and advancemnet
linen tech 2 (Current Employee), chicago,ilMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good company and workplace enviroment
Cons: none at all
i enjoy working for advocate healthcare and and its a rewarding company that allows you to advance within the company. its a diverse workplace with good job security. advocate also helps you further your education.
Constantly evolving
Staffing Consultant/ Recruiter (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 15, 2015
Large organization that constantly changing

Metrics driven, fast paced

Great co worker, average benefits, room to grow

No two days are the same
SENIOR SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Chicago, IlliniosMarch 11, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: no lunch coverae
A typical day at work was calm and cheerful. What I've learned at Advocate Health Care being productive. Management was very nice and fair. Coworkers fun to work with. The hardest part of the job I would have to say no coverage for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills.
Excellent place to work, everyone was fantastic
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: we had great holliday parties, and reserved parking
Cons: i felt is wasn't good when restroom code was put on phone, sometime female duties are different
A typical day at work was making appointments from Advocate's Central Call Center, learning how to deal with all people, even if their the most irrate. Management was good, co-worker were beautiful, hardest part was the irrate customers; overall best part was helping others.
Good place to help patients
Heart Failure Specialist Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: co-worker interaction
Cons: being on call more than once a month
Very good company to work for. However, not a good balance between work and family life. I learned a lot about managed care, Medicare, and Medicaid. Management not very understanding about work/family life balance. Co-workers very competent to work with. Enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and helping them.
IT Dept. extraordinary growth and long term work relationship
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Advocate Health Care is a company which continues to flourish. It is a true fact this company will take over Illinois soon.

With that being said a typical day is never ending there are constantly new projects with deadlines that must be met. Meetings with consultants and project planning, specs and build plans are continually developed. Time management is use frequently with everything I do because of the massive amount of projects that are handled in a week.

The management staff is friendly and supportive but focus on deadlines and accuracy/ proficiency of work done.

The co-workers are the best. Most of us not all but most work together as a team to get the job done. They support and you look out for each other. This is very rare!!!

The hardest part of my job is maintaining the overwhelming amount of knowledge that is provided. I work in an industry where things change in the blink of an eye. It is very important to keep these changes update and remembered because we work with a database that provides a service for patients and one small mix up could cause life or death issue.

Going to Cerner conference!!! HIMSS Conference!!! Working with my co-workers as a team and conquering huge projects. These are the most enjoyable parts of my job
IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Greater Chicago AreaJanuary 17, 2015
Providing Technical Support to end-users of over 35,0000 users puts you in the position to constantly utilize and expand upon your time management, critical decision-making and problem-solving skills daily. As a Support specialist you are constantly working to provide the highest level degree of customer satisfaction while meeting/exceeding service level expectations of the IS department. Participation in collaborative teamwork environment to ensure team effectiveness in achieving department goals is practiced and implemented on a day-to-day basis.
n
PR Sales Manager (Current Employee), guaynaboJanuary 16, 2015
 Manages 20 agents as Sales Representatives and Sales Supervisors
 Leading sales teams to achieve sales objectives.
 Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
 Generate reports based on facts to be presented before the agency General Agent.
 Continuously motivate the sales team, and inspire them to stay focused on agency goals
 Maintain sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training agents.
 Maintain long lasting internal and external customer relationships.
 Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
Ok to work at, too much turn over
Health Navigator (Current Employee), Park Ridge, ILJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: establishing long term patient relationships to be able to see them each their goals
Cons: bad genfit plans long days without compensation
A typical day consist of patient care. I work with the same patients daily. This allows for me to establish relationships which makes this very rewarding.
Best Job I ever had
HR File Clerk (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILDecember 27, 2014
Great work load, Great people, Pay was nice. Great Environment
I loved working here and basically worked independently
Document Imagaing Clerk (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILDecember 12, 2014
Pros: loved location
Cons: had to move to oak brooke
Loved all my bosses and was given all the information and equipment needed to do my job. People where nice and told me I did a good job.
Productive Company
Billing Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: high non stop volume of work
A typical work day
Non stop work
Friendly environment
Full of laughter
Great pay
Very educational.
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILDecember 7, 2014
Pros: very educational.
Cons: office relocated.
Appropriate handling of the front-line communication. Support clinical supervisors in their completion of the day to day tracking of service statistics. Scheduling patient for series as ordered by referring physicians. Company provided up to date training relating to the business operations.
positive and fun workplace
Environmental service tech (Current Employee), hazel crestNovember 30, 2014
I conduct myself in a professional manner and work well with other staff. I demonstrate commitment to my professional growth and competence. I also maintain responsibility for my attendance and punctuality.
Network of Knowledge
Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 25, 2014
Pros: advancement within; access to healthcare
Cons: pto accrual rate is low
This past year at Advocate Healthcare was filled with several learning experience and opportunities.

I recommend anyone who is studying in the field of Health Sciences to start with any entry level position and they will receive useful information and experience that can be partnered with their education.
Working at Advocate
Secretary II (Former Employee), Hazel Crest, ILNovember 13, 2014
Working at Advocate was a challenge. The employees at Advocate had a lot of personality issues and also the co-workers were not very team oriented. The 35 years working at Advocate I have learned a lot on my own. The management at Advocate were not quite compassionate to other employees only certain ones. The only enjoyable part of the job that I enjoyed was typing documents such as the policy and procedures, letters and also other documents.
Great experience
Organizational Development Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
strong leadership and great culture! Salary is low but expected for non-profit healthcare organization.
Pleasant place to work while caring for patients via telehealth.
Call Center Triage Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago,IllinoisOctober 25, 2014
Pros: management and co-workers worked well together.
Cons: the seating of the nurses was very close. at times it was difficult to hear the patient's clearly, due to surrounding converstations.
I worked as a registered nurse assisting patient's with their health care questions, providing nurse advice. I arranged for out of area patient to be transferred to in area hospitals. I assisted with scheduling appropriate appointments based on the need of the patient.
Overall good company.
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILLOctober 21, 2014
Working in Human Resources was definitely a great experience and an opportunity to meet a wide range of individuals from all walks of life. I was glad to have had the opportunity to serve many.
Its cool
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILOctober 21, 2014
Assist doctors by performing a variety of tests on patients such as vital signs, EKG’s, applying Holters and Event monitors, and blood pressure monitors. I also write up paperwork for prescription refills and procedures such as angiograms, cardioversion, stress tests and echocardiograms.

1 2 3 4 5

About Advocate Health Care

Advocating wellness in Chicagoland from Palos Heights to Palatine, Advocate Health Care is a not-for-profit, integrated health – Read more

Advocate Health Care Salaries