Advocate Health Care Employee Reviews

Learned a lot
Revenue Charge Capture RN/Auditor (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJuly 8, 2015
I learned a new skills that were very interesting. I enjoyed working with my team members. I was able to collaborate with my team with ease and flexibility.
Reliable Certified Nurse Assisant. 3+ years experienced.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Hometown, ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: Fun out-going enviroment
 Performed duties in care of patients in nursing home under direction of nursing and medical staff.
 Answered signal lights, bells and intercom system to determine patients' needs.
 Bathed, dressed and undressed patients.
 Served and collected food trays and fed patients requiring help.
 Transported patients, using wheelchair and wheeled cart and assisted patients to walk.
 Turned and repositioned bedfast patients to prevent bedsores.
 Changed bed linens, ran errands, directed visitors and answered telephone.
 Recorded temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
Terrible and frustrating Environment
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILJune 9, 2015
Pros: Strong benefits (although expensive), job security
Cons: Poor management, no room for growth or promotion
I have worked in an Advocate fitness center for 13 years. During that time, I have been passed over for 3 promotions even though I was more than qualified. My coworkers and I are treated poorly and overworked by our inexperienced management team. The opportunities are rare for growth and career advancement.
Productive and very busy setting
Radiology Administrative Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Pros: Customer Service interaction, location, learned new area of healthcare
Cons: Very busy, always rushing patients through process, under staffed unable to give customer complete quality service, this is across the board
I would have loved to focused more on customer service with this position. With a more private one on one interaction. I really enjoyed working with the patients and learning from the position.
Supportive and collaborative environment
Analyst (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 31, 2015
Advocate Health Care is a good environment to work in and you have opportunities to work with many different groups and learn and great deal from them.
Good if you enjoy non-for-profit
Wellness Specialist/Lifestyle Health Coach (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2015
Catholic Charities is a mission driven organization. It is a great place to work if you are more concerned about the mission of the organization and not the pay. Good benefit!
Top 10 Healthcare provider
Financial Service Specialist/Scheduler CHAA (Current Employee), Hazel Crest, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, concern for employees, activities, yearly gifts/bonuses
Answer high volume of incoming calls for patients for outpatient testing. Collect high dollar co-pays, co-insurances...etc.

I've learned medical terminology, developed close relationships with co-workers, medical staff, as well as doctors.

The management at Advocate are wonderful people. Very flexible with day to day lifestyles and personal needs. They're concerned about their employees. And if I ever had to be a patient anywhere, it definitely would be here.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to work from home.

The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to and helping patients obtain their medical needs in a timely and professional manner.
More headaches than worth the pay
evs (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMay 18, 2015
Pros: Some nice people that work hard and are good coworkers.
Cons: Inconsistent management allowed
Worked part- time in housekeeping. Very inconsistent management. There are different sets of rules from 1st shift to 2nd shift for the same job. Second shift management is horrible. They have no idea what is going on. They are very harassing, such as; you get calls all the time asking "where are you?", while you are working. They offer no help when we are busy. They allow some people to sit in the office and talk (and laugh) with them for long periods of time, while others are working. Stay away from this place!!! Especially 2nd shift.!!
Great company
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 15, 2015
Working for Advocate Health Care in the IT division is a great place to be. Training and reimbursement for school is always available for everyone.
Clean, efficient environment
HR/Recruitment Intern (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 12, 2015
Great place to learn and grow, and benefits are nice. Co workers are great and collaboration is very important. Advocate really cares about patient safety and providing excellent care
I enjoyed meeting new friends here
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
I learned a lot on this journey working here. I learned a lot about people and the health care system. I learned from others and I met a lot of amazing people here.
Learned so much
Outpatient Care Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
Advocate is a place that is leading other health systems with it's ACO. I have learned more than I ever thought I could know from Advocate. The benefits are wonderful and the potential for growth within the organization is better.
Hospital Security Officer/Public Safety Officer
Former AHC Security Officer (Former Employee), Park RidgeApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits - but these are rapidly diminishing, excellant OTJ training
Cons: Terrible insurance, PTO stinks, you will have no personal life
In the above capacity and or job title you will be punched,kicked,slapped,scratched ,bitten as well as have urine or feces thrown at you. You will frequently have to physically interact with patients with all forms of infectious diseases up to and including C Dif , MERSA , Hepititis A,B and C as well as HIV and AIDS. You will have to restrain violent intoxicated or high individuals who can have any one the previous issues, you will walk miles , you will stand stationary posts and watches for hours on end with these very same individuals. Healthcare is a excellant stepping stone into a law enforcement career , or a career ending one if your permanently injured on the job .
Good Company to work for
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: wellness programs.
Cons: lack of training
The company offers a lot to the associates and cares about wellness and creating a good work environment. The associates are very helpful in assisting new employees to acclimate. The Benefit program offered is good.
advocate is not worth working for
Patient care tech (Former Employee), Good Samaritian HospitalApril 6, 2015
Stay away from gsh it is the pits. Management sucks and the workers are all two faced. I lost ten years of my life working
for advocate.
Good company to gain working knowledge of large organization
Vice President (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILApril 2, 2015
Pros: Large company
Cons: Limited at the top--complex culture
A good place for a person starting or wanting to work for a large complex organization. The company is growing fast but you may want to leave after you gain credible experience. A complex matrix organization with a complex culture.
Great place to work and great people to work with
Lab Associate- Part time (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILApril 1, 2015
Advocate Health Care - ACL Laboratories is a great place to work and my co-workers are wonderful to work with. When the job needs to get done, everyone works together to finish on time. Great team work!! Management is very understanding and they are very flexible with schedules for those who are going to school or another job.
Room for Advancement
Advocate At Home (Current Employee), Hazel Crest, ILApril 1, 2015
My days are very autonomous and patient driven. Staff is supportive. I am able to educate patients and families about there health conditions and am able to see improvement in health.
Healthcare at it's best
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches provided by pharmacutical rep daily, terrific team to work for.
Cons: unforseen medical emergencies
The staff and management where the best. Everyone was always wiling to help. I got to take many classes and trainings. Management was always supportive. The work day always went by quick and you enjoyed your day.
beautiful place to work with good job security and advancemnet
linen tech 2 (Current Employee), chicago,ilMarch 18, 2015
Pros: good company and workplace enviroment
Cons: none at all
i enjoy working for advocate healthcare and and its a rewarding company that allows you to advance within the company. its a diverse workplace with good job security. advocate also helps you further your education.
Headquarters