Advocate Health Care Employee Reviews

ok
Linen Tech (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILJune 16, 2017
its an ok place to work, hard to get in door but once in moving around is easy. people are friendly, hours can be good,benefits are no longer any good
Very good management & associate benefits
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
They offer very good package benefits for families, good management and work ethic, no discrimination , respect for all no matter your culture background -
very reactive corporate
Pre Operative Service Nurse Clinician II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
The people you work with are mostly wonderful, dedicated and responsible. Management is not transparent, rare opportunity to advance within as they do not look at transferable skills, only if you already have the skills,
Fun company to work with
HHA (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 7, 2017
Actually I spend a little time working for Advocat but I can said that I enjoying working for them whenever I have some difficulty with my schedule because of my kids cause at that time my daughter was only couple of months old they were there to match my schedule I love them because they had give me that opportunity to work and still spend times with my baby.
Advocate Health Care
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 3, 2017
Advocate is a productive place to work. A typical day at work is assisting patients with registration, Insurance, and providing explanation of benefits and referrals.Provide statements and collection balances. Fast pace environment and very diverse. Hardest part of the job is not having enough time with my patients.Most enjoyable part of my job is customer satisfaction. Great place to work!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
short breaks, fast pace
Great Culture
Manager, Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILJune 2, 2017
Advocate is an excellent place to work. Leaders generally care about their employees. The organization is very structured which is beneficial for new hires.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very long hours
Over worked understaffed with odd unscheduled hours
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 3, 2017
Over worked understaffed with odd unscheduled hours. Revolving door of people who could care less about there underlings . See her was just bought out and everyone is getting busy it cuts and minimal pay
What I have learned.
Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 26, 2017
What I have learn is how to schedule different types of appointments with in the medical field, I have build upon my customer service skills, and I also learned how to work in a fast pace environments.
Pros
Learning how to deal with working in a fast pace environment .
Cons
lunch was too short and we where cheated out of break, no personal desk
Job
IL - Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILApril 22, 2017
All around decent job with decent pay. Can get slow paced at times. Has a nice background. Tends to have more workers from the Babyboomer/Generation X era.
Great Co-Workers, Mgmt Lacked Intregity
WFM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 21, 2017
Call center management extremely resistant to adopting call center best scheduling practices. Workforce management team was directed in correct path and obtaining key performance indicators when historical data was used to project actual staffing.

Once workforce mgr resigned, interim mgr (internal consultant) elected to present "altered" staffing data to leadership, to avoid surprising them with actual requirements.

Not my style, too much integrity to participate in activities lacking honesty. Once presented with the request to reduce staff projections on forecast, it was time to exit the role.

New programs slammed in with zero panning, zero allowance for staff required to meet objectives or an implementation plan and then WFM would be questioned on why indicators missed.

I hear after 7-months they are searching for a permanent WFM (ROCC) Mgr, hopefully the new person is able to implement true WFM practices with support of the new Director and maybe shed light on the under the radar practices the interim Mgr (internal consultant).

Good luck, be aware and beware of the dual accounting for WFM. It was sad to see a program with such potential revert back to infancy status.

To the WFM Team, we blazed some new paths and made great strides in the short 6-months we worked together. You folks will get an awesome leader soon and get back to achieving great things!
Pros
Flex Schedule, people were awesome, actually everything except the one con below
Cons
requdest for accurate data to be altered, as not to shock then leadership team, nope-not participating in that
Supportive managerial staff
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Round Lake Beach, ILApril 20, 2017
Responsive to needs of staff, though may take a bit of time
Supportive of work-life balance
Good CME allowance including days off for CME
Benefits based on hours worked
Good Company but over worked
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 20, 2017
they try to do a lot with very few employees, i was doing the job of many people and got completely burned out. Great benefits and employee perks. wasnt compensated enough for the amount of work i was doing.
Good place to work!
Medical Records Tech/Transcription (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILApril 19, 2017
Working there was like being with family and people who know you and care about you! Enjoyed being there very much, but there was no room for growth.
Fun environment, great people
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILApril 18, 2017
Depending where I was stationed that day, I would always be organizing, cleaning or delivering food. I learned how to prepare food and how to handle sensitive situations. The hardest part of the job was learning all the stations at the job because we rotate every shift. The most enjoyable part is that every job was different and I met a lot of great people.
Pros
Pay for school, insurance, rewards for doing well, short hours
Cons
Work almost everyday, short breaks
Advocate is one of the top 100 employers
Outpatient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 17, 2017
I value the experience I have gained while employed at Advocate. The management team was very supportive, the workplace culture promotes personal as well as professional growth. Advocate allows employees access to various career opportunities within the company. I only left Advocate to relocate out of state.
Pros
Supportive management team, many growth opportunities
Cons
Only based in IL
836 West Wellington Chicago Illinois
Housekeeper Lead (Current Employee) –  820 West Wellington Chicago IllinoisApril 16, 2017
I love working for housekeeping I love walking around people I'm very efficient in my job I'm very good at my job always on time very hard worker or work well with other so she at I've been in prison for the last eight years Advocate Hospital and I believe idea a great addition to whatever job I'm searching for
Advocate Health Care
Manager Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 6, 2017
Advocate is a great place to work! I worked there for 12 years and am grateful for the opportunities the organization gave me. They strive for excellence and it show.
Advocate was there when I needed tutition reimbursement to go back to schoo. Great opportunity
Mental Health Counselor, Interim Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2017
Advocate was the job that assisted me with school tuition. I found myself a single mom and Advocate paved the way for me. Thanks. I enjoyed Advocate so much, I only want Advocate for my health care insurance.
Pros
food was great
Cons
a lot of work
typical day
Human Resource Shared Representative (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 30, 2017
Maintained documents and records of available positions
Worked with managers to accurately decipher staffing needs, scheduling interviews and preparing offers for ideal candidates
Responded to questions on standard, administrative procedures, and practices via multiple channels (e.g., e-mail, phone, HEAT management system).
Preform case management by tracking HR transactions for active and inactive associates.
Responds to inquiries from associates, managers, Physicians and potential candidates, former associates
If you want excitement ,this is the place.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMarch 27, 2017
I wanted to always work in the hospital it`s a learning experience . I can speak on the team of people are 100% with you.Always smiling.Willing to work with you so that work and home is balanced.Good benefits salary could be better. Job security yes.Different cultures.Over all I would rate the hospital 100%.

o
Pros
There is always something to learn.
Cons
Sometimes not enough help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.