Advocate Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Work family
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed my job and the people from each department I had contact with. The doctors were awesome and everyone worked as a team
Pros
CEU free lunches, helping patients
Productive and fun work place
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Helping others and seeing patients/customers walk out of a place I work for smiling is what makes working all worth it in the end
Great Place but with flaws
Medical Biller for Good Shepherd Hospital (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 7, 2016
When I started with Advocate back in 1999 it was a family friendly place with many perks but over the years the structure of the office changed from an associate friendly place to being just a number on a ledger.
They became very cold and uncaring of the people who worked for them. Very greedy.
I did my job to the best of my ability and won many awards for reliability and production accomplishments. In the long it was not enough.
Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 24, 2016
Great position. Volunteers were great to work with on a daily basis.I would return to this position in a heart beat. I learned many things working with different cultures.
Not a good place to work anymore.
abcxyz (Former Employee) –  LocalJune 20, 2016
BroMenn use to be a good place to work before Advocate. Management changed and favoritism became the way of management. The motto that Advocate uses about the best place for employees to work is not true. All that Advocate cares about is money. The doctors bring it in and the patients pay the bills. Care for employees is a misnomer.
Pros
Not anymore
Cons
No appreciation
IT Support - Advocate BroMenn
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 9, 2016
This job has to be by far the worst I've had in my tenure of IT. Management does nothing to support their employees, the technical lead has done nothing but pass the buck from one member to another, leaving most of the workload to be done by the rest of the members of the team, and the help desk operators are glorified ticket takers.

Unless there has been some SERIOUS overhaul to the IT department within Advocate BroMenn, this job will most likely not be a good fit
Pros
Insurance was good
Cons
Everything else
PSR (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILJune 2, 2016
A lot of job opportunities. Advocate has a healthe u program to help support in getting healthy. Advocate offers Perks for travel and buying discounts
Pros
Healthy
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun atmosphere
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2016
Overall, good company but manager at the time of my employment was unprofessional and unfair! The team was always helpful and friendly.
Terrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 22, 2016
Old guard, I've earned the right to do nothing mentality! Veteran employees can get away with doing nothing & being condescending and rude with no repercussions. Can be written up with general vague claims. Terrible culture
Pros
Not many
Cons
Toxic environment
FNP Intern
Speciality Practica in FNP Program (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
Loved working at my clinic. Very hands on and excellent, educational staff. Advocate provided ample learning experience and I felt very prepared to take my boards as well as pass my certification exam.
Productive Professional Environment
CONTACT CENTER AGENT I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2016
Northwestern gave me a lot of experience to take with me wherever I go in the Managed Care Department and Rehabilitation Dept. Patient contact in the Rehabilitation Department was quite enjoyable on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Food!
Great place to work.
PCIA (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMarch 29, 2016
Staff was very helpful in keeping hours for me on a full time schedule. The office did a great job at keeping things in order and clear for jobs given.
Love it.
Medical Front Office and Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMarch 24, 2016
I learned a lot working for this company. Helping people is my main passion in life and working for them gave me that opportunity.
Terrible management and not suitable for someone that has a family
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 24, 2016
When working in the imaging department we would never know what our schedule would be one day to the next. I would get a text message what time to come in and when I came in that day I would be told what time I would go home. If another patient was added on for the day then my supervisor would tell me I needed to stay later unless I had eight hours that day. Management expects everyone to work in this manner. Employees are flexed to the point of needing a part time job but unable to have a supplemental income because of not having a shift. The director is never in the department and favors certain people. BEWARE. This was a great place to work before advocate took over and hired new management in the imaging department.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Crazy hours, not appreciated, limited help
Family environment with excellent teamwork
Out Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
I complete outbound telephone assessments to make sure that the patients are following their treatment plan, and compliant with medications.
I receive continued education on medical health that will allow the care mangers to assist the patients with educational information about their diagnosis.
The management is very knowledgeable of their jobs and very helpful when needed.
My co-workers make the office feel like a family environment with excellent teamwork.
The Hardest part of the Job is getting some of the patients to follow their treatment plans given by the Doctors, Finding assistance program for patients in need of hearing aids, medication, and behavioral health doctors.
I really enjoy being about to assist those that need to help and are willing to accept it and work towards better health.
Pros
continued education
Cons
noncompliant Patients
Awesome place to work!
Supervisor of Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to work for personal and professional growth. I've really enjoyed working here! Management has been very supportive throughout my career.
Productive, Safe and Healthy Work Environment
Health Advisor, Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day at work consists with working with new and existing patients of our health care group. I learned that about demographics across Chicago, I learned how a huge health care system can budget and exist within its many departments, and I learned that a person's health is of the utmost importance in life. The management was definitely a plus. The co-workers are all respectful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is doing everything you can for a patient, and still sometimes having to say no to a patient due to insurance conflicts. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to a clean, safe, and productive work environment where you can be yourself and still service the City of Chicago in a meaningful way.
Pros
security, cleanliness, hours
Cons
work/home balance, on/off saturday shifts
So so expierence
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Great work enviorment. Atmospher could be better not very welcoming. Clean and very well kept. Doctors should upgrade supplies.
Supportive and intriguing place to work.
Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Advocate Health Care is dedicated to providing a favorable workplace. They are passionate about making sure that you have all you need to do your best job.
Advocate is a great company with many great benefits but compensation is not market competitive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Politics at Advocate and "who you know" outweigh any performance reviews or opportunities for advancement. No one is held accountable for their work and management is not selected well. There are individuals in director roles who are highly compensated and do not even know anything about the staff that reports to them, personally or professionally.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation