Advocate Medical Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work, high paced, and great support team.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 29, 2017
I was able to work for Advocate Medical Group wight after college. It provided me excellent health benefits, reasonable compensation, and programs that provided healthy life style choices. I would recommend working for AMG if one was looking for stability, kind co-workers and managers, and who likes to build up a lot of paid time off.
Pros
Health benefits. Paid time off.
Cons
Patient scheduling demands.
Broad learning experience and team environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 22, 2017
Overall working in Immediate care has provided excellent clinical skill set as RN. Very diverse patient demographic. Many opportunities to grow career.
Pros
Encourage breaks during shifts, team oriented environment
Cons
Constantly changing healthcare policies
Great place to wrok
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILJuly 21, 2017
Very fast pace and the company provides a work life balance. The hardest part of my job is telling someone that the cannot see the doctor for insurance issues.
High volume work place. Lot of things to do with short staff.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 12, 2017
Short staff, clean environment. Good doctors, horrible management. Free lunch, but no breaks. No security at location meaning, anyone could walk where they please if there not watched. Pay sucks coming from a company that's net worth is over 1.30 billion.
Pros
Free lunch, oragnized and labeld environment
Cons
No breaks, short staff
call center
Patient Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 12, 2017
I would say this job was a learning experience. Full time with benefits and flexible hours. Cons are low pay and lack of advancement and do not hire within.
Pros
full time benfits
Cons
low pay lack of advancement
Work Review
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 6, 2017
Work environment is clean. They should ask workers about their opinions and put some of those ideas in action instead of just saying they will and it doesn't get done. Also get better organization training all around instead of having several trainers that each tell you something different.
Pros
Some nice team leads, depends on the department
Cons
Lack of maturity for some co-workers
Productive and friendly work environment
Coding Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 2, 2017
This is a fast paced environment, with an intelligent staff, dedicated to working efficiently.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my team worked well together, and knew how to get the work done.
Policies are always changing, and Advocate Coding and Compliance is quick to disperse any new information.
The hardest part of the job is working at the end of the month, ensuring that all of the charges are captured for that month, and not to feel too stressed. There is no shortage of work, but the amount of work can vary.
Nice place to work.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2017
I loved the job, I just didnt like they were not willing to work with me knowing i had to travel 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get home as a young lady. For that, I had to leave the job.
Pros
free lunches, helpful management
Cons
does not work with you as far as hours and transfers.
good
Attending Pediatrician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2017
Allowed me to work almost independently, but still within a group.
The office I worked from was congenial and got along with ancillary personnel great.
Will recommend working for this company.
Pros
Good vacation and pto
Nice place to work
Call Center Representative/Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 28, 2017
My only issue with Advocate Medical Group Call center is the distance I have to travel to and from work. I love providing exceptional customer service so that in not the issue for me. My one issue a being in a career that is closer to home.
Pros
Available Overtime
Cons
Distance from my home to work.
Advocate Hazel Crest
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILJune 23, 2017
Advocate medical group overall is a good company it's just I got stuck with a Rude, Arrogant, self centered, Ego freak that made me feel like I should just quit all the time. you get really mistreated and professionally misused. Leadership needs more training for leadership and management no one is for the medical assistants the doctors run the show, they speak to you how every, belittle you so much until you want another career. The Manager Nancy just knit picked all the time. I called HR and they still haven't changed. Beware if you not her friend she make your life and job hard.
fast paced workplace
Patient Services Rep/Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2017
It was a fast-paced work place. The hardest part of the job was remembering the different procedures regarding insurance. Management could have been better and more open. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work around and come in contact with the different people.
Pros
the experience
Cons
very unstable environment
Advocate Health Care overall is a great place to work
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
Advocate Health Care overall is a great place to work. They have several locations as far as hospital, medical offices, Immediate Care centers and also Advocate Clinics at Walgreens
Interesting to work at advocate
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Advocate medical group overall is a good company it's just working within the call center you get really mistreated and professionally misused. Leadership needs more training for leadership and management no one is for the agents and if they are you become on the other side of the office which could be the outside unemployed.
Great benifits bad management
Contact Center Rep I-Appointments (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2017
I like what I do for our patients, however the morale of the contact center is low and management is sub-par. Supervisors have a lack of knowledge there" ACC" standards are a joke.
Good Staffing
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
Great Atomsphere, managment can be better, lovely patients most of the time. More advancement opportunities should be avaliable. The most enjoyable part of working is the work relationship with my co workers.
Producive and amazing place to wrk
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 26, 2017
Take and manage calls of clients in an efficient and courteous manner.
•Provide efficient, high~quality service to patients who arrive for appointments or who telephone or visit in person to request appointments or information on tests and procedures, bills and charges, referrals, and other matters.
• Ensure the collection of maximum possible fees at the time of service and accurate follow~up billing information on the patient and payer.
•Uphold standards of the practice and of the medical group for accurate and timely medical records.
•Ability to manage clients and accounts in demanding stressful conditions
Overall okay
CLINIC COORDINATOR/WEIGHT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 25, 2017
Hard to have work/life balance when department is understaffed and you are tired mentally and physically to enjoy personal life. I was blessed top have good managers and co-workers that help cope and motivate me to push through that tough times.
A Great Stepping Stone
Contact Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 23, 2017
I work in a high call volume contact center, Scheduling, Canceling ,modifying appointments. I page Doctors, Leave messages for various Primary Care office. I have learned How to Multi Task even better that I could before. The best part of the job are the people and how they are willing to help. The hardest part of the Job is not letting patient's situations get to you. We are all Human And It makes you sad when people are sick, and going through tough times. You have to learn not to get emotional.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Don't recommend
PRACTICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
I don't recommend. Management did not care for staff or patients. Performance were based purely off metrics. Workplace culture was volatile because of senior leadership.