Advocate Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

Good Teaching Experience Through Call center
Intern Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 19, 2016
This allowed me to teach people on how to figure out their own way of solving a problem without having to come to me first which I think could benefit everyone in the long run. Also it helped me with over the support calls and helping calm the customer down and achieve their goals.
very fun place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 1, 2016
loading trucks inside a huge warehouse can be tough, but you have to be tough to work a tough job and they also provided lots of OT
Pros
lots of OT
Healthcare
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2016
The Benefits are Great, they treat us right. The leaders here are wonderful.They give you time off when needed. They dont mirco-manage.
Pros
good lunches
Cons
healthcare
THe job was great
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
It was a very good workplace. I loved all my co workers and meeting new people. I learned a lot and gained more experience.
Needs to educate patients more about their process
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2015
Still learning how to efficiently operate call center. Only 2 years old. Assisted patient's in scheduling, rescheduling and cancelling appointments. Sent messages to providers. Verified insurance. Updated patient's demographic information. Paged providers when necessary.
Pros
People
Cons
work schedules
Not a good place to work
Patient & Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILNovember 17, 2015
Management needs a lot of work, very disorganized. Management does not particularly care about employee concerns. Constantly overworked, and barely get lunches and breaks.
Pros
Not Sure
Cons
No breaks, and can barely get a lunch
Underappreciated
Contact Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2015
Unfortunately we are under appreciated. We do a lot of work for minimal pay and when something goes wrong or the patients are upset were the first to blame.
a great and busy place to work.
Call center representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2015
it is a very busy workplace great people and fast pace environment . we get high call volume maybe 100 calls a day some good some bad but i always manage to make the best of a call.
Coding Specialist II
Oakbrook, IL Coding Specialist III (Former Employee) –  OakbrookSeptember 6, 2015
Upbeat working environment with several opportunities for career development!!! There was a lot of emphasis on team work and helping other departments when in need.
Pros
Pleasant working environment
Cons
Not enough classroom training
Ok company
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Ok company to work for. Grateful to be employed. Nurses are really stretched to the limit. Overall it's close to home. Need a WIC or urgent care near our location in the south suburbs 7 days a week.
Productive Multi-tasked Growing Company
Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  IL Region AreaAugust 28, 2015
Advocate Medical Group is a wonderful and inspiring place to work. The company was very passionate about their clients as well as their employees. There was a lot of multi-tasking which never kept you bored. Management was always there for concerns, they had an open door policy. The hardest part of the job was probably traveling from far north to far south within the days work. The most enjoyable part was , having great co-workers that were like family and a great support team that made sure implementation and site support are comfortable with changes and well pleased.
Great Place To Work.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
At Advocate you will learn great patient experiance, great customer service and great patient care. Working for advocate I've learned a lot hond on with patient's.
Fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2015
Answering patient questions and making there up coming appointment to see Dr. plus send message to Dr from Hospital or Dr to Dr calls.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short lunch
Great place to work and learn
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 23, 2015
I was chosen to be on one of the model teams for the centralized charge capture team. We were trained and certified with AAPC and I am current a CPC and CPB, also studying for CCS.

My day consists of mostly coding 90%, with edits and other projects at needed. I have a great support team from top leadership to my coordinator and co-workers.

There is nothing I don't like about this job, I love to code and I am looking for a part time remote coding job to supplement my income. Had some extra medical expenses this year and other unforeseen bills as everyone does now and then.

Not only will a remote position add to my income but build my resume for future goals.
Pros
Great leadership
Advocate Medical Group
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  SouthsideJune 29, 2015
Great people. Not so good management. Will go back to work for Advocate but just at a different location. Great company to work for
The needs of the company outweigh the needs of the staff
General Psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Advocate BroMenn Medical CenterJune 22, 2015
This organization is, as many in the corporate world, a good place to advance with effort and time. The focus is on the company's bottom line. They assumed the previous hospital, however, which was built on principles of community and camaraderie. The difference has been profound. While I have worked diligently at assimilating into the new system, I have found that it is not congruent with my needs.
Pros
Opportunity for leadership skills and advancement.
Cons
Disregard for the needs of individuals.
South Holland Illinois Advocate Medical Group-Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South HollandMay 30, 2015
AMG-SOUTH HOLLAND is located on 159th & State near south sub college. It is a terrible place to work unless you enjoy gossiping, petty behavior, lack of leadership,micro management. The morale at this location is very poor. Their is no sense of teamwork. There is an overwhelming sense of negativity. The positives about this location is it is very clean. The front desk staff are friendly. The nursing staff is very unprofessional and gossip often. Most staff exhibt child-like high school behavior.
Pros
Clean office, Pay
Cons
Lack of professionalism, Gossiping, High-School like behavior
Medical Group
PCX/Answering Service Interim Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2015
Overseeing 22 associates in a 24/7 medical clinic with over 500 doctors, answering and paging doctors. Sending message to triage nurses for patient care.
Growing , Inspiring medical group
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Advocate Medical Group was a wonderful and inspiring place to work. The company was very passionate about their clients as well as their employees. Working for a call center eight hours a day can be very challenging. There was a lot of multi-tasking which never kept you bored. Management was always there for concerns, they had an open door policy. The hardest part of the job was probably making sure the customer was satisfied after every call. The most enjoyable part was , having great co-workers that were like family and a great support team that made sure the customers were pleased.
Pros
promotes continuing education, open door policy, locations
Cons
short breaks, location
Good company to work for!
Certified/Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILApril 14, 2015
Fun, fast pace work environment with caring people who enjoy the jobs! Convenient locations around Illinois for easy access. Very knowledgeable staff.
Pros
Good pay and affordable benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement.