AdvoServ Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with big chance to advance!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 9, 2016
Im so grateful to have this job! The management team is great and they work with you in any situation. I love the care they give to the individuals.
i enjoy working with individuals
COMMUNITY LIVING SPECIALIST ADVOSERV (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 27, 2015
good job to have and they like staff that's in school. so I enjoy going on trips and making individuals happy. we help individuals on goals they have and care for them.
wonderful place
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PADecember 17, 2015
wonderful staff members and clients..great place to work. you learn a lot and there are also wonderful benefits when you work full time. i would recommend to AARA to a friend or family member
Good company, good patient base
Therapeutic Staff (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEDecember 13, 2015
Caring staff
Education centered
Maximum care facilities
Company=Family
Good support system encouraged by family and staff to promote better quality of life.
Pros
Good entry level
Cons
Some difficulty moving positions within company
great clients
Community Living Specialist (FT) (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJDecember 10, 2015
staff and clients are great such a rewarding job. you will learn a lot, they offer a lot of OT if needed. NO one gets weekends off.
Helping people with disabity to rehabilitate.
Community living specialist (Current Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJNovember 4, 2015
I do like my job as a community living specialist, because everyday is a challenge to learn more about their behavioral problems. Everybody seem to be very nice people to work with.
Enjoyed helping individuals succeed and propsper.
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEOctober 20, 2015
Helping individuals achieve personal and life goals. Integrated individuals back into community living environments.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Habilitation Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bear, DESeptember 22, 2015
This is a independent living job that deals with children that have been abuse or have mental disabilities. This is a great job if you love working and helping kids.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks and forced double shifts if someone calls out
Terrible place
Community Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJSeptember 20, 2015
Awful place to work. Don't expect to get any time for yourself in your personal life. Management is disorganized and uncaring. They will expect you to take on extra work and will promise advancement that is never offered or doesn't exist. Staff are unprofessional, self centered and childish. A lot of bickering like high school. Offers terrible insurance that will not cover much. When I left they were cutting vacation time, which never mattered anyway seeing as no one who worked there could afford to take a vacation anyway (managers make about $13 an hour). Expect to be bitten, spit at, stress and witness atrocities against human beings.
Pros
ha
Cons
a lot
Demonstrates ability to implement IEP/IHP goals and objectives, and behavioral support plans.
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bear, DESeptember 11, 2015
Maintains readiness to interact and/or respond to unexpected Individuals' behavior in accordance with intervention policies and practices.
Pros
you get to show the kids postive way of life
Cons
you have to do restraints
Great Experience
Community Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Branchburg NjAugust 11, 2015
Great experience in the work field. There's not really much things to elaborate on. Job can have more physical things to do for staff as well as clients.
Fun and loving residents.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 3, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
It feels like I'm at home.
Love the employees. A lot of adventure and site seeing.
Pros
gifts
Cons
healthcare
Dimond in the rough
Direct Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstown, NJJuly 20, 2015
The average day can be extremly fun, if you dont mind interaction. I have learned you can learn from anyone. The immediate management is great. the hardest part of your job is what you make it , the co workers arent to extreme.
Advoserv Employee
Community Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJune 26, 2015
•Assisted children/young adults with mental disabilities how to care for themselves
•Assisted in bathing, using the restroom, eating, and interacting with their peers in a positive way
•Assisted in finding other ways to cope other than aggression
•Watched the individuals at night to ensure their safety and that they slept throughout the night
•Completed paperwork on clients regarding their daily living and behavior
•Interacted with the individuals by reading, drawing, coloring, singing, and dancing
I learned many things that are beneficial as work experience
management and co-workers are friendly and welcoming
the hardest part of the jobs is feeling that you cannot help an individual and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the individuals and watching them progress on becoming more independent.
Very challenging mentally and physically at times.
Live in Specialist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJMay 27, 2015
Establish the atmosphere of the house at the time I report, This includes head count,briefing with staff and the general attitude of the residents. I've learned to accept the fact that the kids moods change unrepentantly and I always ask how they are doing today.This gives me information on how to approach them during the shift.
I work well with all co-workers. The hardest part of the job is physical restraints. The most enjoyablepart is interactingwith the youth.
Pros
interacting with people with different backrounds
Cons
dealing with residents with no formal upbringing or decipline
challenging
Alternative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 13, 2015
this is an agency that has many changes both positive and negative going on. be fortunate to be with a teacher and supervisor that will not also be your friend but teach you the ins and outs of the classroom and agency
Very Nice working with Great people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEMarch 26, 2015
Keeping houses cleaned for 3 houses each week. Plus my 3 classrooms each week. Makin kids breakfast and lunch 6 days a week. Working with disable kids.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Nice working with great people
Good to work with
Community Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEMarch 4, 2015
Typical day at work was changeling, but at the end of the day we try to make the best out of our time there with the residents. What I learned was to be stronger in making good crisis decision. My co-works were great team-players.The hardest part of the job was, not been able to understand the residents problems all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job, was me knowing that someone is happy at the end of my day at work.
Advoserv -Community Living Specialist
Community Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Advoserv allowed me to work with individuals with mental disabilities. A typical day working at advoserv would include but not limit to the following; administering medications, transporting individuals to day program or doctor appointments. At day program which is ran Monday-Friday I was responsible for running a group of approximately 4-5 individuals in community skills, this group was offered time in the community to volunteer in many different areas. I was responsible for supervising the individuals are writing reports on their day and any behaviors that occurred. Advoserv is a strong company that strives on team work, this asset for most part did take place where coworkers would always be willing to help out and work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in an individuals day that I helped. I enjoyed working with the individuals and watching them learn something new or achieve a goal they have been working hard on for some time. Advoserv taught me many life skills that I plan on carrying with me to my next job and even throughout life. Advoserv gave me the opportunity to build on personal skills, such as supervisor skills and data collection skills just to mention a couple.
Very supportive work environment
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bear, DEJanuary 7, 2015
Job tasks are never the same and each day presents new levels of challenges.
Pros
staff support from administration
Cons
poor communication amoung staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvoServ. Our community is ready to answer.