Future Global Leaders Program (FGLP)
With the rapid progress of globalization, students need to train for the future when they will have to compete internationally. To be successful, students will have to understand how other cultures think and act. Adz Group has created the Future Global Leaders Program to guide high-school students from Asia to be tomorrow's leaders in the global community. Students come to the US to experience life at world-class American universities from classrooms to sports to student activities. They learn from instructors and meet and share meals with current university students who represent a diversity of views. In addition students experience American culture including volunteering in local neighborhoods, attending community events and visiting museums.
If you are highly self-motivated, passionate about intercultural experiences and an independent worker this position is for you. Individuals who are attracted to making a notable difference in people’s lives around the world would really enjoy this role.
The FGLP Trip Leader is responsible for the overall quality and execution of the Program. You will be a teacher, mentor and friend to the students while coordinating with other Trip Leaders as appropriate. This role is similar to, though broader than, a camp counselor. The Trip Leader plays a major role in student life. Following the detailed and pre-arranged Program itinerary provided, Trip Leaders lead students on excursions. You will have responsibility for the overall Program execution, the quality of the Program and students’ satisfaction.
This full-time role is for the Program duration and usually requires the candidate to live in the hotel or dormitory with the students and to have most or all meals with them. Prior to a Program there will be approximately 20 hours of preparatory work which can mostly be done on your own schedule and there will be approximately 10 hours of administrative work after completion of each Program.
- Teach about American culture and help to make every moment a learning moment
- Lead discussions in a relaxed setting daily for approximately 2 hours
- Supervise activities and chaperone
- Ensure that every student is safe, both physically and emotionally
- Suggest Program improvements wherever possible
- Any other tasks necessary for the successful operation of the Program
- High level of energy
- Excellent interpersonal and good organizational skills
- Highly reliable and able to work independently after initial training
- Interest in education and international culture are important
- Speak, read and write fluent English
- Must be over 18 and able to legally work in the United States without work visa assistance
- First aid certification, teaching experience and the ability to speak an Asian language are bonuses, but not requirements
- University degree in any subject is strongly preferred
Compensation for this position depends upon the specific details of each Programs and your skills and experience, but typically is in the range of $200+ per day.
We fill positions as we identify qualified candidates and so encourage you to submit an application as soon as possible.
About Adz Group
Based in greater Boston, Massachusetts Adz Group is a pioneer in the area of international educational travel. The company provides participants with unique opportunities to not just learn about, but to truly experience other cultures so as to enrich them for life. We offer cultural immersion experiences to help develop participants into more globally conscious individuals by showing them how others think, live and act. Our Programs are full immersion experiences, well beyond a tour or typical educational trip. We push participants to explore their boundaries and challenge them to open their minds to entirely different approaches.