AEG Employee Reviews in United States

Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 1, 2015
A company that values me as an excellent employee. I am up for possible promotion as a Shift Supervisor for the Overnight Shift. Here I train other Officers on CCTV operation, patrols, computer usage, writing reports, checking workers, clients, and visitors through various check points, and checking vehicles entering Loading Docks and Event Lots, and etc.
Fun Job
Usher (Current Employee) –  CAJune 21, 2015
Aeg is a company that provides staffing for many event arenas. It's a fun job, but management is horrible. There's no room for advancement and there are no benefits.
Pros
Fun, free access to events
Cons
No room to advance
Enjoyable and exciting environment
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, New YorkOctober 2, 2014
I look forward to a typical work day because I know that I am going to have another learning experience weather it be good or bad. However more good than bad, I have learned how to communicate with all types of cultures and walks of life. While meeting and networking I gained knowledge and wisdom in the areas of entertainment. Management has done a great job in creating a family environment for our guest as well as employees. The hardest part of my job is dealing with guest who don't comply with the rules and regulations set forth for safety and disturbing other guest. The enjoyable part is again networking getting to see different celebrities in which we have no contact with, and most of all working side by side with co-workers who I adore and look forward to seeing each day.
Pros
job growth, discounts.
Cons
limited hours in the off season
Fun place to work if it's your first job
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Baarclays ArenaJune 25, 2015
I enjoyed working for AEG. Most days would be fun. But sometimes it would get hectic if the crowd was to rowdy. My coworkers were mostly easy to get along with. Management was not that good. I really enjoyed meeting and dealing with so many different people from around the world.
A Typical day
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 4, 2015
Assisted guest, helped answer questions about arena, helped guest to seats, Cheered on the home team, Interacted with guest.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
no benefits only part time job
Great Company
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 7, 2015
Management is great to work with and have great collaboration. Company is fairly young and have some building to do with regard to policies and procedures. Enjoy the partnerships I have established so far.
loud and bubbly environment
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2015
Working as a guest services employee is really fun it definitely keeps you on your toes. It will make you want to go to work. This is not a job that you will have as a career but its definitely a good job for the summer
Great company to get experience from but don't expect growth
Account Executive- Amateur Soccer Sales (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 22, 2013
40 calls a day, servicing youth soccer partnerships, coordinate professional clinics out in the community, player appearances, autograph sessions, game day operations.

How to be resilient and patient. Problem solve and create fans by cultures created in communities.

Management was weak and misguided, a lot of turnover

Coworkers are the best part of working everyday, they keep you sane and help make you a better individual

Feeling like you can't accomplish anything

Being part of soccer and help growing its popularity in the US, working with players and fans
Pros
interacting with professional athletes, being apart of one the biggest entertainment companies in the world
Cons
poor leadership, no room for growth, terrible pay
Great place to work with awesome management.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2012
Working at AEG was one of the best jobs I ever had. There was room for advancement. I was sent to HR trainings and retreats. The management team was fair to all of the employees in the department. I was able to give input at all meetings. The hardest part of the job was maintaining over 2000 employee files with a little space to work in but I did it!!!!! I learned how to be a team player and to do what was best for the HR department.
Pros
monthy employee luncheons, free tickets to events at staples center.
Cons
due to working in hr could not socialize with many employees in other departments.
harsh environment with no room to grow unless you brown nose
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2013
watched co-workers advance due to brown nosing, management very unorganized and does not know what they are doing. Believe they are police officers.
Pros
free water
Cons
no raises, micro managers, no hours
high energy
Guest sevice rep (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 12, 2015
good shows, safe place for kids, and tourist. good food and music best work in town. love my coworkersand management is fun and friendly. love being able to smile and laugh in all the good times. free to be yourself. I love this place
Pros
watch shows
Cons
not enough events
Productive and fast paced
Sports Activation Intern (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesApril 3, 2015
Really enjoyed the responsibility given to me over the 9 months i was there. It was extremely fast paced with a great attitude and culture to a work/ life balance.
Taken for granted
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2014
Although many may think an usher doesn't really handle a lot of stress. Well news flash they do, mainly because they are the first ones to handle the guests rude and unpleasant behavior. Having their authority undermined, and pushed around like walking replacements. Yes, it may seem that way but management and people in general should have some common respect for ushers the only thing that divides us the uniform and micromanaged authority over them. People lighten up its only a second of your time that we ask, just to see your Freakin' ticket!
Great work environment, rarely stressful, and great compensation packages
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2014
A typical day is very well structured and organized from the shuttle that takes us from the off site employee parking lot to the Staples Center to the way we receive our work clothes and radio for the event. The job is very straightforward we are given deployments telling us where and when we need to be somewhere. Management and Supervisors are very helpful and welcoming to any questions we have. Also all the employees tend to be very friendly, diverse, and easy going. The most strenuous part of the job is when there is an unexpected occurrence and things go from calm to frantic very rapidly and you have to be quick minded in the way you react to that situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is just the types of people you encounter, in particular the guests who for the most part are genuinely friendly and fun loving and easy to interact with.
Pros
the environment and people that you encounter
Cons
unexpected and sudden situation changes while at work
area Director
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2014
no day is the same I operate 5 businesses with the help of a strong team that I recruited for each location. I have reached the max at the job. Only VP and President do I answer to.

I keep all inventory in line. All staff issues run through me, harassment, missed shifts, hire and firing etc.

asset protection and quality control.
keep a happy and healthy work environment for all 5 businesses and staff.

all customer relations and community promotions.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
7 day work weeks.. all businesses are open 363 days a year
Great company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2015
AEG is an excellent company who values each of their employees no matter how seemingly menial their position. They treat everyone with respect and dignity and value each person's need to make ends meet.
Busy Busy
Senior Manager, Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2015
Working at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY kept me busy. There were always great events, family shows and basketball games going on.
fast pace and entertaining workplace
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2012
I love helping people, and this position has helped me interact and meet people from different cultures and regions. Although we do have supervisors, most of the job is on your discretion, you do not have a person checking your every move. I do not have anything negative to say about this job only that there is not as many hours in a months worth.
Principal (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 11, 2013
Flex time; Work started around 8:45 and would run some days til 6:00 and other days til 3:00.
Fun hard working co-workers
Management style was for the most part hands off unless you ask for help.
Pros
open door policy on any subject.
Cons
no healthcare
fun and good inviorment
Target Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 27, 2013
post at entrances/exit at the store check shopping carts for un paid merchandise. good customer services . great management, easy to get along with. their was nothing hard. working at other store locations when other stores need guards.
Pros
good and big break room
Cons
little pay