Aegis Communications Group Employee Reviews

meat market
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 14, 2017
this place was great if your single and looking to hook up because that is all that happens in this place it should be a night club not a place of employment
Call center atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/DSL Order Writer (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 12, 2017
This position was enjoyable, management was friendly, and there was some opportunity for advancement. I would have remained there for some time if they had not closed. There were a number of layoffs and I was given a grace period to find other employment.
Pros
Days, no weekends
Cons
Frequent layoffs
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 12, 2017
A typical day at Aegis when I was an employee there could be described as exciting and challenging. a great learning experience , and a time when I truly learned that the customer is always right.
Pros
good pay
Aegis is a Call Center more Seasonal
Call center / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 8, 2017
Aegis does not give raises. During Medicare enrollment the work is very fast past and stressful. All answers to questions you might have are on their computer system just have to know where to find your answers.
Pros
Will have free lunches on occasionally
Cons
No raises, Can get on ocaionally
Didn't care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 3, 2017
Never cared for employee welfare. More concerned about bottom line than development of employees. Although paid time was available the hours taken off were expected to be made up.
Good place to work if you can play the numbers game.
Director of Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2017
VP's change quickly. It is very much a numbers game, cut throat at times. Good team to work with generally. Enjoyed the travel however some was very impromptu, next day, travel.
Pros
Good pay & bennifits
Cons
Have to look at numbers & not person.
Fast pace, were able to socialize between calls
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 26, 2017
Fun but stressful place to work. Answered phone calls all day, worked in customer service, had to try to sell memberships to callers. Had to meet team goals.
Customer Service
Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 25, 2017
The job was a typical call center. Its what you would expect but it is permanently out of business. It was there for years and I believe its been replaced by a similar call center just with new ownership. They couldn't keep projects in there long so the turnover rate was high.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
High Turnover
I hope things have changed
Qaulity Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 20, 2017
I left because of lack of organization and the ability for them to get pay right and because I had payroll checks not clear my bank. The upper management staff here was a mess and very unprofessional.
Nice benifets
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 19, 2017
While working here there were down falls but the company made it a point to try and keep employees engaged and happy. Such as having a gym on site. this adds some interest into this company.
lot of reading and typing
Enrollment Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
Because Hurricane Sandy had severely caused damage to the building for the place of employment, I was not there long enough to dislike anything or to give a solid opinion on management or even the culture, what i can say i did liked though is that there was always something to do
Exciing work environment
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 3, 2017
Hey,
Glad to speak about Aegis grp. this is a fast and quick paced work environment which allows you and me to learn a lot. this fun and challenging environment allows to to enhance our skills and to develop further IT skills and customer service skills.
Pros
great manager
Cons
grave-yard shift
Typical
Humana Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 3, 2017
Typical sardine can, call center environment. Lots of people working here and lots of people coming and going. Work, work, work. Keep your head down and make your phone calls!
production
Tier II Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2017
this company has diffrent campaigns that go on all the time some short term and some long term but when working you will stay busy due to the companys high call volume.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2017
A day at Aegis also was the best you learn something everyday also at the call center as you go by from typing, communicating, at a fast paste management is awesome there is always someone to help you if you get stuck Aegis also was one of the best jobs I had
productive and fun work place
verification specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 14, 2017
i enjoyed the environment and the fun hardworking people around me. i enjoyed the competitiveness and the games that we played. i loved that we could all motivate eachother to perform better
Pros
long lunch break
Cons
i didnt experience any cons
Call Worker
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 13, 2017
I found out the hard way that I do not have the hearing and or the experience deciphering speech from a less than high quality headset to effectively work in a call center. That being said, I managed to get through training without a problem.
I've been happier
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 7, 2017
I left Aegis for Arvest because I was not happy working in a call center. When I first started at this location, it looked promising. Everything went downhill very quickly.

Management at the time was unable to objectively consider applicants for job advancement, and would often hold personal grievances against the employees professional life.

Attendance policy was strict, and employees were treated more like children than adults.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship with coworkers. The hardest part of the job was assisting irate customers.
Pros
coworkers, the training department, some managers
Cons
short breaks, intervals, adherence, metrics
Productive a fun work place
Customer Service Representative Medicare (MAPD) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 1, 2017
Coming into work was great because there is no pressure. the knowledge that is taught in training is helpful and gives confidence for the job. When the calls were few in between reading a book to keep your mind fresh is applicable
Pros
comfortable enviornment able to read, eat, hang family pics, gas cards
Cons
knowledge doesnt get you to mangment but personality does
no longer a company
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 23, 2017
I only worked here for few months. I enjoyed my coworkers. The company is no longer in the city. Telepeerformance is now the business that took over this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Communications Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9