AEGIS Food Testing Laboratories Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
It has its perks
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  oklahoma city, oklahomaDecember 9, 2012
Awesome place to gain experience.
Multiple locations.
Flexible work hours
Great first job out of college. Get your foot in the door.
Senior Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  North Sioux City, SDMay 7, 2012
Everyday I came to work, I knew what needed to be done. The computer program we used told us what testing needed done at what time. It was just a matter of learning how to move client samples through the system and getting the training needed to perform the testing.

I learned quite a lot working at the lab. My degree is in chemistry and even though I worked in the chemistry and microbiology department, I spent a lot more time in microbiology. A lot of the things I learned in college better soaked in with experience in the lab. I feel that I am a better scientist because of what I learned at the lab.

Management gets a lot of training throughout the year. They are very knowledgeable and willing to help if you have questions about the lab or about things like benefits packages.

A lot of my coworkers are college graduates; their first job out of school. Everyone's very polite and fun to work with.

Hardest part of the job had to be the sample load. Some days we'd receive nearly one thousand samples, but the staff is very well trained and we were able to get through the work quickly.

I enjoyed the people I worked with. As mentioned above, most are fresh college graduates. That and we have a satellite radio subscription at the lab so we can listen to more than just the machines whirring in the background while we worked.
Young Exciting Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2012
AEGIS food testing laboratories is one of the most exciting places to work at. The company is young and making waves in the food testing industry. There are many shifts that take place in such a young company and they are soon to find their groove. Top management does their best to understand today's young workforce and is working to catch up from their past experiences.
Pros
goal driven, fun, owners that care
Cons
young, unpredictable, long hours