Aegis Living Employee Reviews in United States

One of the Best Companies you can work for in Assisted Living
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 17, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and we have people who go to school who come back to work on break because they miss us so much. Management is great and easy to talk to, they really listen to your concerns. This is one of the few companies that truly believe that if you take care of your employees then they will take care of the company.
Pros
Free Meals, Awesome Parties, Plenty of Bonuses, Great Oppertunities for Advancement and Education
Cons
Emotionally Draining at Times
Great managers, residents, and co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 8, 2016
I loved working with all the residents and helping them in the best way possible. Plus my team was awesome as well. We all worked well together.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity to advance, residents
Cons
low pay for all the tasks needed
Good place for Retirement
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Friendly staff who are always willing to help and listen to you. Loved hearing stories of the resident's past. Get to have a good one-on-one conversation with them.
Stressful at times
Dining room server (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 30, 2015
I had a love hate relationship with the job, i was the only server of like 25+ residents and on top of that i had to dish wash no no help in between. A day fro me was i would arrive there at 7 and i had to start prep which meant setting the tables, wash dishes, make coffee, make sure every thing was organized. then breeakfast would start at 8 and i would take the orders and take the food out along with helping everyone and after i would have to clean up everything and repeat for lunch.
productive day at work
medication aide (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 22, 2015
This facility feels really like home, everyone is so welcoming. Most staff have been working there for years so you get proper training.
Pros
$1 lunches from the kitchen
Great work enviroment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 23, 2015
Good company to work for and great co workers. You get lots of training that fits the company well. You also receive a free meal for each 8 hour shift.
Overall its great, except where it is not
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 4, 2015
Overall its an amazing place to work. A company that really does work to make sure that its families (both residents and employees) thrive and are taken care of.

The only thing that showed up is management and employees being unclear about what is expected vs what people were actually hired to do.
Pros
Cheap Lunch, People who Care
Cons
High Turn Over
Working with Residents
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 1, 2015
Working with Aegis and a fun and rewarding job. The residents appreciate you being there and spending time with them. The food is weirdly good there as well. People there are very caring.
Great and rewarding place to work at.
Host/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJuly 27, 2015
Great part time job, especially if you enjoy working with elders; you may find that you actually like working with them if you didn't know before. Not terribly busy but still things to keep you busy. Learned about how to deal with upset residents or guests, and adapted to quickly clearing and cleaning dining rooms. Co-workers were fun and easy going, did their jobs. Really enjoyed getting free meals.
Pros
Food available to kitchen staff, great staff, nice residents.
fun place to work
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  northgate washingtonMay 22, 2015
a typical day is very busy, I get to help my clients prepare for the day , I learned a lot from working with clients, management was pretty good and co workers where super awesome. The hardest part of the job has to deal with multi tasking and I enjoyed the company of my clients.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
insuffecient stuffing
Stressful place to work
Well (Current Employee) –  WAMay 4, 2015
Management does not listen, nor do they seem to care. Short staff, underpaid. No room for advancement unless you are part of "the good old boys club".
Pros
Days off
Cons
Management does not care as long as they look good for the Corp "suits".
Compassionate Care?
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 4, 2015
This line of work involves so much more than the everyday chit-chat and back and forth celebration of the days triumphs. These people that I bathe, feed and tranfer in and out of their beds and wheelchairs dont know me. Everyday it's a new experience for my residents. Alzheimer’s is a cruel desease that strips the memories of one's life and replaces them with the one their making in the present. I watch everyday as eighteen to twenty people meet eachother for the first time like its Ground Hog Day. Sad to say the least. But there are happy moments and unforgetable life lessons I have learned in a short while working as a caremanager.
Pros
new found appreciation for life and the people i share it with. healthcare benefits.
Cons
no overtime was ever granted.
It was ok.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAJanuary 21, 2015
Never know when i will work. Sometimes could call at the morning and tell that we don't have any job today.
Employee first company!
Marketing Coordinator in Shoreline (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WASeptember 10, 2014
Working for Aegis changed my whole perspective on what it means to work for an incredible company. They understand that happy employees means happy customers or in our case, happy residents/families. I was very saddened to leave and hope that some day they will reach the East Coast so that I may have the opportunity to work for them again!
good experience
Care manger/ hospice (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJune 26, 2014
easy alot down time doing serving and doing kitchen working with 11 clients and heping with showers and getting ready for bed
peaceful working environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  fremont caJune 4, 2014
Look after eldery people who are like kids now.
Beautiful peopl to work with but very less pay.
Pros
free meals
Great team.
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 14, 2014
I have worked for Aegis Living as their Wellness Nurse for two of their facilities. My day typically involves medication pass in the morning, assess residents that care managers are concerned of, delegate nursing tasks to care managers, update resident's physician of any nursing concerns, communicate with family members, and escort residents to doctor's appointments.
Our nursing team is strong and efficient. I am proud to be in such a dynamic team. The nursing aides are hard working and concerned for the welfare of our residents. They truly love the residents and appreciate their co-workers.
Each day I come to work, I have fun. I sincerely love what I do and love where I work.
Pros
work atmosphere. senior care centered.
Cons
sometimes, lacking in transparency in management, will often be short staffed and so far, i've yet to receive my evaluation. turn over high.
Ok
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMarch 5, 2014
Great for a first job or for a teenager, but not for someone trying to use my degree and move into administration like I am. Pay is the main factor, and advancement is another big concern.
Pros
great people, friendly atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, low pay
great company
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madera, CADecember 4, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. Great benefits, great work environment
Aegis
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 12, 2013
Always something new. The management can be great, however there has recently been high turnover.
Pros
cutlure is great
Cons
hours are not favorable