Aegis Living Employee Reviews

Such a kind an exciting environment
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAMay 28, 2017
Residents are amazing. Coworkers are great. Management is even better. Definitely gonna miss working here. The only complaint I really have is how sometimes we would not get breaks due to too much to do.
Pros
1$ lunch
Cons
Sometimes wouldn't get a break due to too much to do
June 12, 2017

Thank you for your dedication to residents and families during your time at Aegis Living. We appreciate you sharing your experience working at Aegis and wish you the best in your new job path.

Very productive!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 17, 2017
Best Assisted Living community I have worked in. Pay is on the lower side but the overall staff and workplace culture make up for that. I have never worked for a company where the GM and Directors all give 100% on the job. Best part of the job is 15 minutes of fun where we can choose an activity to participate in with the residents.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
May 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Aegis. It's always good to hear from employees that we are fulfilling our promise of hiring and retaining the best staff and providing a fun environment for all.

Aegis
Lead Cook, Aegis Lodge at Totem Lake (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 16, 2017
Overall an enjoyable experience. Was some of the hardest working days but was ultimately very rewarding. The people I worked with made it enjoyable as well as the residents that I got to know.
April 24, 2017

Thank you for your your time at Aegis Living. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience and wish you all the best in your new adventure.

They are very friendly
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 4, 2017
I'm very happy working at this company because everybody treat me with respect and assisted me in all my difficulties, i started working at aegis in November but is just like i have been working for years am familiar with everyone.
Pros
Food for just 1$
Cons
The braek is 30mn
March 20, 2017

We're so happy you are enjoying your employment at Aegis. We hope that you find a long career here.

A day at Aegis
Server (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAFebruary 22, 2017
While working at Aegis Living I was not given the opportunity to grow within the company.
I learned that being a dietary aide is difficult.
A typical day at Aegis consisted of taking residents orders and preparing meals.
February 27, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you did not find a career path at Aegis. Through our employee lifestyle enhancement program we are developing career path opportunities for all employees to ensure longevity that will benefit not only the staff but also our residents.

Positive humanitarian work place cultivates productivity and compassion
Fitness and Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 17, 2017
I created a position for myself at the Redmond location. I have had a few managers overseeing this building but also have a good rapport with some corporate staff as I worked on a project for health and fitness visions that focused on teaching and implementing fall reduction programs.
I have always felt this company encompasses what's truly important when caring for their residents-which is love, compassion patience and persistence to make decisions for problem solving.
I'm hoping to return to this company again after having a baby. My life's passion is helping these residents.
Pros
Reinforced positive outlooks
Cons
Management turnover
Supportive and Distingusished work atmosphere.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 31, 2016
Aegis Living is a great company to work for because it has a lot of people from the hospitality business who understand people with special needs. I loved working there because it enabled me to grow.
January 3, 2017

Thank you so much for your hardwork and dedication! We are honored you were a part of Aegis Family!

Extremely low pay for no breaks grueling physical demands
Care Team Member (Former Employee) –  Madison Park, WADecember 3, 2016
Several care managers leave with injury toting residents out of chairs with little assistance.. at times I was the only person present to assist. Short-staffed and little back-up assistance.. very demanding job for small perks and no breaks. They work you until you are burnt out and no longer care. Management does not care for patients, only their wallets.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
No breaks to eat lunch!
January 3, 2017

We are sorry to hear of your experience, this is not the company that Aegis Living strives to be. We endeavor to offer the best care for our residents. Our policy is to staff based on the care needs of each of our residents. We value the input of all of our employees, current and former, and your feedback will ensure that the employee-first culture Aegis has created, and expects, continues throughout all communities. If you are willing, we would like to speak with you to discuss ways we could have improved your experience. Please feel free to contact us 425- 861-9993.

great place towork
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAOctober 27, 2016
was a really good place. i will miss my residents a lot. i felt like i really belong there. the only bad thing there was is the distance. other than that great place.
Thankful for the oppertunity
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 22, 2016
This company was great to work for if you can be around people that are at the end of their life. The reality of the job is it is service to those who are no longer able to serve themselves. I cannot say enough how much I appreciated the opportunity.
Pros
Reliable pay
Cons
Unreliable communication

Want to know more about Aegis Living?

Ask a question
Professional, Supportive, Fun Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 27, 2016
Busy days for everyone who loves helping the elderly in whatever position they hold. Management is just as likely to be seen helping with maintenance, in the kitchen, interacting with residents as well as managing the building operations. Lots of support between co-workers and management. The most difficult part of working with the elderly is when someone passes because of the relationships and bonds formed taking care of them. The best part is the fun no matter how hard a day is and learning about all the people's history.
Pros
$1 meals! Support from managers, helping others
Great Place to Get Your Sart
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 26, 2016
Aegis is a great place to get your foot in the door for the healthcare industry. The staff genuinely care about the quality of life for their residents.
Pros
Benefits, education
Cons
low pay
One of the Best Companies you can work for in Assisted Living
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 17, 2016
Everyone is very friendly and we have people who go to school who come back to work on break because they miss us so much. Management is great and easy to talk to, they really listen to your concerns. This is one of the few companies that truly believe that if you take care of your employees then they will take care of the company.
Pros
Free Meals, Awesome Parties, Plenty of Bonuses, Great Oppertunities for Advancement and Education
Cons
Emotionally Draining at Times
Great managers, residents, and co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 8, 2016
I loved working with all the residents and helping them in the best way possible. Plus my team was awesome as well. We all worked well together.
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity to advance, residents
Cons
low pay for all the tasks needed
Good place for Retirement
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Friendly staff who are always willing to help and listen to you. Loved hearing stories of the resident's past. Get to have a good one-on-one conversation with them.
Stressful at times
Dining room server (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 30, 2015
I had a love hate relationship with the job, i was the only server of like 25+ residents and on top of that i had to dish wash no no help in between. A day fro me was i would arrive there at 7 and i had to start prep which meant setting the tables, wash dishes, make coffee, make sure every thing was organized. then breeakfast would start at 8 and i would take the orders and take the food out along with helping everyone and after i would have to clean up everything and repeat for lunch.
productive day at work
medication aide (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 22, 2015
This facility feels really like home, everyone is so welcoming. Most staff have been working there for years so you get proper training.
Pros
$1 lunches from the kitchen
Great work enviroment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 23, 2015
Good company to work for and great co workers. You get lots of training that fits the company well. You also receive a free meal for each 8 hour shift.
Overall its great, except where it is not
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 4, 2015
Overall its an amazing place to work. A company that really does work to make sure that its families (both residents and employees) thrive and are taken care of.

The only thing that showed up is management and employees being unclear about what is expected vs what people were actually hired to do.
Pros
Cheap Lunch, People who Care
Cons
High Turn Over
Working with Residents
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 1, 2015
Working with Aegis and a fun and rewarding job. The residents appreciate you being there and spending time with them. The food is weirdly good there as well. People there are very caring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Living. Our community is ready to answer.