Aegis Protective Services Employee Reviews

The company cares about its employees
Guardian Ad Litem Program (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiApril 23, 2017
A customer based business often requires the help and co operation of its employees. I. Found Aegis to be generous and helpful dealing with meeting the client's needs while respecting the employees well being.

I also found the company tried to pay the guards well. I think they always paid more than the minimum wage.
Pros
Customer employee company
Cons
First shift is early!
Fast growing & progressive -modern
Operations (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2017
Fast paced and client focused. Young progressive management. Great use of technology and modern approaches to business. I like that we are all focused on client satisfaction and am proud of how our clients talk about our company. I like that it is family owned and operated unlike our competitors. The owners are very involved and will do what it takes to serve our clients.
Pros
High expectation High reward. You can make a lot of money especially if you perform
Cons
Growing pains as move from mom and pop to bigger company
Great Place
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2017
Awesome Opportunity, great place to work, owner is very nice and helpful, great family business atmosphere. Co-workers are super friendly. Best job ever!
Pros
flexible lunch and breaks
Cons
hard technical business to learn
Aegis is not the place for employment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2017
Aegis have a hard time providing extra coverage for a shift and Aegis makes it manditory for you to over if someone was to call off, this company doesn;t care if you have kids home that are sick or been hurt or something and Aegis keep hiring these site supervisors who can't manage any buildings. I've been with company for 2years and four months and didn't get offered a position after another employee whol left the lead guard position for another company.
Pros
Lots of overtime hours always avaliable.
Cons
expecting you to work all overtime without a break.
Can be a good part=time job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 23, 2017
There are a wide variety of job sites. Each one is a little different and most are fairly easy. Co-workers & clients are nice and friendly. The problem is the office is so unorganized and they lie to cover their mistakes.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Management is very unorganized
great place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 3, 2017
if you will to learn they are willing to teach. I love the uniform. if you like to respond to call and do your to the best you this is the places for you.
Aegis Protective Services
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2017
The culture and work place was very beneficial in learning security detailed environment. I really enjoyed working with co-workers and the public, in servicing the companies security.
Armed Security officer
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Aegis. They are very professional and provide a great work environment. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone interested in security work.
It was ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2017
You got all the hours you wanted even the ones yo didnt want. Some people were nice and understanding and cared about the workers. the others just used us because they had no workers at first then when they started hired more people they start mistreating the good workers firing them over little stuff because they no longer needed them. When those were the workers that kept the company afloat. People would come in for training and not come back. some would work a few weeks and quit because they werent getting treated right.
Pros
Time in a half Holiday pay
Cons
Need higher pay. Doesnt respect workers or care about their well being
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHJanuary 21, 2017
As a security guard working for aegis protective services my duties are doing interior and exterior around the building making sure all entrance are secure and locked. If not make note of it and report to your lead supervisor. Also checking employees pockets and ankles to make sure employees didn't steal any of the companies merchandise that's in the wear house.
Unstable security company I ever work for!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2017
I only worked here for one month then they fire me a month later because they are racist and Lthey think they can talk to people any kind away and they care nothing about the employees they just care about the clients.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Very unprofessional and unorganized in the management office
Senior Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2016
I have learned a lot while employed by this company
I have learned how to handle hr matters
I have learned how to manage time , employees and clients.
Doing scheduling and dealing with my officers and clients is what I enjoy most
Pros
GAINING EXPERIENCE
Cons
NO RETIREMENT PLAN
Horrible company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 26, 2016
I recently stopped working for them literally last week, they have horrible management, the supervisors and managers are very rude, they fire people for leaving at their scheduled time which are the schedules they provide to us, some site managers harass the females and when you tell HR nothing happens at all their still working til this day, some can call off when they feel like it/ leave the site when they feel and nothing happens yet people are being fired for clocking out at their scheduled time. You can bust your butt for them and they don't care, their not understanding of your kids, schooling etc only about themselves.They don't have any benefits and pay 10-11 dollars depending on your site. There is so much favoritism, some can get away with anything and others they give a hard time to so I recommended that no one works for them, company sucks
Pros
Not having to clock out for lunches, co workers were great and meeting different peoole
Cons
No benefits, poor management, cant leave at scheduled time, favoritism, rude
Just a stopping place
Installation and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2016
Management was good. Job was ok for security. Just a steel mill, Good people to work wit. No longer around. Not much more to say
Awful company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2016
Lots of favortism, will fire you even if you had permission to leave the job site. Does take the fact that you have a doctors note into consideration and will find any reason to fire you will give them a doctors note. If you are considering applying with this company please don't do it you will get fired.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Awful management
It's a nice environment to be in and work at.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2015
*Monitor the cameras & secure the buildings.
*That I can be in charge of others.
*The management is nice.
* I get along with everyone.
*I didn't find anything hard about the job.
*I love to help other people.
Pros
I love helping others
Cons
The facility wasn't well kept.
Good company
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Aegis was a good company to work specially within the environment in which it operated in. I had a chance to travel extensively do to their cliental.
Pros
freedom to work
Cons
closed down to early, partners did not get along
High tech work enviroment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Nutley, NJOctober 19, 2015
Aegis is a good company to work for. I enjoy the people that work there and my supervisor. I enjoy going to the site everyday and performing my duties.
Pros
Indoor work site
Cons
Long distance traveling
Not so great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2015
I loved the feeling knowing that I was protecting others but I didn't like the way my co workers and other staff treated me. If they didn't want to finish the work assigned to them then had to finish it .
If you want something easy to do, but hard to deal with
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2015
Stressful job not because of work because of those in "management". Highly unorganized, not understanding, biased.

Ex. Can get fired for related family emergency time off. While someone else can have a month off for rehab.

Reasons for firing people unethical.

Ex. "Employee was seen cuddling on camera".. Reality gave someone quick hug.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Favoritism, Family Employees, Unsupportive, Tick for Tac

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Protective Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Aegis Protective Services Reviews by Location