Aegis Protective Services Employee Reviews in United States

Good company
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Aegis was a good company to work specially within the environment in which it operated in. I had a chance to travel extensively do to their cliental.
Pros
freedom to work
Cons
closed down to early, partners did not get along
High tech work enviroment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Nutley, NJOctober 19, 2015
Aegis is a good company to work for. I enjoy the people that work there and my supervisor. I enjoy going to the site everyday and performing my duties.
Pros
Indoor work site
Cons
Long distance traveling
Not so great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2015
I loved the feeling knowing that I was protecting others but I didn't like the way my co workers and other staff treated me. If they didn't want to finish the work assigned to them then had to finish it .
If you want something easy to do, but hard to deal with
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2015
Stressful job not because of work because of those in "management". Highly unorganized, not understanding, biased.

Ex. Can get fired for related family emergency time off. While someone else can have a month off for rehab.

Reasons for firing people unethical.

Ex. "Employee was seen cuddling on camera".. Reality gave someone quick hug.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Favoritism, Family Employees, Unsupportive, Tick for Tac
Beautiful company to work for
protection group (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAAugust 19, 2015
Where can you get a job that you dont have to wear a suit or tie every day of your life
I think jeans are perfect or color coded shirts
Or shorts . Or even when the rain comes its a welcome if your in the croud
You always have to keep all four eyes peeled for distractions. Other than that its hard work and when everything on point then it will be a great concert.
Always enjoy your self and always keep on your toes . 24/7
Work with your schedule
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2015
You get to work with some great people. Each experience will vary from person to person. Great if you are student looking for quiet time to study.
Great Job
Security Guard/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioMarch 11, 2015
Enjoyed interacting with people as they came and went from downtown events. Had the opportunity of talking and relating to local police enforcement. They gave a lot of insight on security measures.
Pros
no on the job pressure
Cons
healthcare not provided
fun work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2014
good place to work fun work environment on your feet or constant up and down from sitting to standing positions
Fun place to work
Security Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2014
Great managers. Friendly co workers. Considered a name and not just a number. Advancement opportunities.
Don't
Security Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2014
It started out well enough, I needed a job and they were the highest paying position I had gotten for a week or two. Within the first week of employment however, I had more than triple the work load I was told about, incompetent managers who seemed disinterested with any problem that didn't involve themselves, or had any idea of the day to day goings on at the site they were supposed to supervise. The best part of my day was my coworkers, the real reason I stayed for as long as I did. We were all in the same boat, and watched out for one another. Overall, there is no reason these people should be in business. The management "team" is paid to sit at home and be on the phone, the higher ups know nothing about the sites you'll be working at, and will leave it up to the guards on the sites to fend for themselves a majority of the time.
Decent place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2014
I was assigned a position as a gate guard at Menards in Evendale. Though Aegis I feel is a good company, the client for whom I was assigned was less than desirable.
You get what you pay for
Former Client (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiDecember 1, 2013
As a client, we acquired their services for our downtown office, and were highly disappointed. We found out they were underpaying their guards the rate we agreed upon, thus creating a high turn over rate and new guards every week. They were highly under trained and took security too serious.One guard I found out didn't even have his license on her. No hi's or bye's while my tenants left the office building, but were quick to jump the gun and harass my employees. Spend smarter with the higher services.
Pros
cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Cons
out for their own.
Good overall
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2013
Company treated me very well, even after I resigned and asked to come back. Very fair with wages.
Productive and comfortable work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 4, 2013
Productive and comfortable work environment, no work site ever same from day to day, giving you the opportunity to learn new things, meet new people, develop your communication skills.
Open relationship with management team
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 23, 2013
This company is expanding with plenty of job growth opportunities for the right people of good character. If the desired site became available to me I would return in a heartbeat. The management team is stern but fair and will work with you. The wages could be better but due to the highly competive nature of the security business with companies constantly trying to outbid each other the compensation is what it is in this particular arena and many times site specific. My operations manager was very fair with me and it was a pleasure to serve the agency as a whole.
Good place to start out
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2012
Good company in general, management is spotty depends on the site you work. LOTS of OT chances, they will call at all hours of the night to fill call offs. Decent training, but you will get different directions from everyone.
Pros
pay, lunch break included in hours, overtime
Cons
management, boring, overtime
Easy going job. A lot of walking around.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2012
On a typical day of work, you get to meet a lot of important people from the U.S. Government. You can not learn much from the company because their main account was a top secret facility. They are military contractors who are not supposed to divulge any information. The management was very nice and sufficient. I enjoyed the co-workers. They were all friendly. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the updated contact list the companny had. Always new employees in and out of there. The most enjoyable part was experiencing the respect you get as an officer.
Pros
a lot of hours.
Cons
a lot of turn around shifts. (but more money)
Great interacton with fellow employees and tenants
Protection Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2012
My company took seriously the maintenance of security and protocols of its employer and company guidelines. The typical day was primarily checking the various offices of the building; looking for potential problems or reporting existing problems. The management of our duty stations was sufficient to keep me and my fellow co-workers updated and aware of what was in special need of observation. My fellow co-workers were fine people and I enjoyed my time with them. At night, the building shut down, tenants were gone for the day, and the last few hours could be long. The most enjoyable of the day was at the changing shifts where we exchanged information.
Pros
i was surprised at first to find we did not clock out for meals. however, we weren't guaranteed an uninterrupeted meal.
Cons
after a certain time, the lights and air conditioning was turned off, and it could get rather uncomfortable.