Aegis Therapies Employee Reviews

Great group of people
Occupational Therapy Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2017
This place no longer operates in this building. They are a contract company for rehab services. Aegis Therapies is still in business. I recommend contacting them directly.
great team no raises
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 17, 2017
Most enjoyable is the team, management team does best they can, no raises or market reviews to stay with current trends, really do strive for clinical superiority,
its a work in progress, still some things to fix as an employer.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2017
Good company to start, but soon you'll be looking for something else. Almost every week people leave the company to look for something better, and usually they find it. Love the setting and you learn a lot but at the end you will move on.
Pros
location (Miami)
Cons
no paid holidays, expensive health insurance, no salaries raises at all.
Does not value its therapist
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 8, 2017
has tendency to be unethical in its focus on use of Part B income. Often pressuring therapist to evaluate and develop plan of care for patients who do not need therapy
Supportive Rehab Staff
Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 29, 2017
Good company to work for with a supportive management. Provides good benefits, continuing education classes and CEU days. Great therapists who believe in the rehab potential of every patient
No longer a presence in the state
District Manager/ Rehab Consultant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 26, 2017
Was great when I started but with changes in management and loss of contracts they are No longer a presence in the state. 2010 change in focus left many behind.
Great Company
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2017
I printed and filed patients therapy records in hard charts and also helped members of the therapy team with various tasks throughout the day. I enjoyed the ability to interact with patients in a personal manner.
unhappy
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJMarch 15, 2017
Job experience with this company was awful. Was hired full time and ended up being relieved because there was low census at the SNF they placed me at. Gave me a small severance for the amount of time I spent every day showing up to work with only 1-2 hour case loads then was sent home.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Awful job experience
Want 85% efficiency when supervising 2 PTA's in 3 different facilities!
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  South DakotaMarch 4, 2017
Aegis therapies changed the last year I worked for them. Started to micromange. They hired Directors of Rehab which is a joke. They are salaried employees that are puppets to the higher ups. The rest of the therapy staff have to cover their salaries as they do not do any patient care. The last employee performance review said NOTHING about my skills or patient care. It was all about money generated for Aegis. Horrible company to work for and unfortunately they promise the facilities they contract with that we will be able to perform at 85%. That is fraudulent as it is not possible. I was working in 3 different facilities separated by 13 miles. I was supervising 2 PTA's. I was still expected to be at 85% including my drive time! Very stressful. Got emails on daily basis that were always negative. They stopped paying for our time to attend mandantory education yet expected to attend these sessions.Pay was good but not worth the stress and impossibility of working at 85% efficiency. Also unstable. Talked to an old co-worker last week and she stated that since Aegis Therapies is losing Golden Living facilities (GL is slowly selling them off), Aegis is making them work harder and faster to try and save their current contracts with other facilities. Golden Living is also trying to sell the Aegis Therapies Division of their company.
Pros
Good pay. I was contracted so no benefits
Cons
85% effciency, no suppport from above, negativity rules with Aegis
Director of Rehab, I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2017
I learned a lot about managing. I was hired as a Physical Therapist Assistant and moved up to Director of rehab. It was a good environment to work in.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 24, 2017
nice gym and equipment to work with. co workers can be difficult at times and theres a lot of competition. for the most part, management was easy to work with. good money.
Pros
nice equipment and therapy gym
Cons
coworkers
Aegis Therapies
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 1, 2017
Good place to work to help get therapists into nursing facilities to help with our elderly and disabled population to utilize the best treatment for their conditions.
Excellent multi disciplinary team
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 28, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing cleints reach their full potential. Staff is very well trained and knowledgeable
Pros
good benefits
Cons
puts a lot of miles on car
Micromanagement model all the way ,bossy
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 11, 2017
With over 16 years of experience and trying them as a contractor basis, I had a chance to see how their system and environmental works. I saw no real equipment that would truly help the therapist making a desired improvement with clients for example a standing frame or an aide available to give a staff a second hand . I saw and experienced micromanagement by definition. And finally I saw a disconnected staff. I gave feedback when I was there but no one cared to listen. I felt staff just keeping their mouth shut but most of them are unsatisfied.
All of these factors in my opinion could be easily reversed but I saw the management too busy looking at the numbers if u know what I mean.
Pros
Clean facility. OK software
Cons
Unfriendly eregant atmosphere. Micromanagement, won't appreciate an experienced therapist
good place to work
A/R Billing Analyst II - Outpatient Therapies (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 29, 2016
I recommend Aegis. It has been an opportunity for me to increase my knowlegge in accounts receivable. They also have a gym which is a GREAT benefit.
Good company to work for
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PADecember 12, 2016
Flexibility in hours
Great coworkers
Ability to work with a variety of residents/conditions
Some room for advancement in training g areas/management.
High demands, poor communication
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 16, 2016
Your view on Aegis will depend on your site and working environment. DOR demands, stress, and attitude are all different, making every site variable. If you find a good DOR, then it can be a good place to work. High focus on productivity at whatever cost, limited management from anyone higher than your DOR, poor support services for new graduates. Overall, it was an average place to work, depending on the DOR you are dealing with. Generally you have little to no interaction with anyone in higher mangagement than your Director of Rehab.
Pros
Good wages if you bargain at sign on, student loan repayment, good co-workders
Cons
No breaks, Strong demand for productivity, No opportunity for raises, Poor PTO benefits
pretty dysfunctional, anxiety, mean spirited
OTR (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 9, 2016
Crummy staff, mean spirited, all about productivity, no time for teaming, no support, horrid supervisors, infighting, absurd changes to Casamba making it more laborious, all Aegis cares about are the numbers, poor communication and inspiration, no excitement about patient care and working as a team. In fact, therapist resented somewhat. No real social workers anymore.
Aegis could do so much more to streamline process and educate staff for tailored documentation. Everyone so anxious and grumpy. Very poor job culture yet with so many great possibilities.
Pros
good on call pay
Cons
spend extra time to get work done, neg. reinforcement.
Great team of therapists
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 15, 2016
Awesome team of therapists, decent equipment depending on SNF. Not many raises allotted UNLESS you are interested in advancing in management. A lot of opportunity for climbing the corporate ladder for all employees. Typical high productivity expectations as in almost all for profit contracted companies. Not a lot of mentorship which is an area I hope they focus on in the future. Although minimal mentorship, awesome CEU classes if you have the initiative to take advantage of all that they offer. Unfortunately the teams I've worked with tended to turn over very frequently due to dis-satisfaction with lack of raises, being held to a high PCT standard, and feeling overall lack of support from the higher up management who micro managed to hold them to these standards. Some of the approaches taken to micromanage PCT etc felt very insulting and condescending, lowered my overall satisfaction in my job and with my company.
Pros
CEU's, Therapy team, higher salary starting out
Cons
typically limited or no raises, healthcare is expensive and covered minimally, micro management, lack of support. Expected to work all holidays without holiday pay.
The "customer" is the SNF, not the patient
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 14, 2016
Aegis promises to deliver unrealistic and inappropriate RUG levels to their contracted homes and the therapists are expected to follow suit. Patient needs do not appear to be the priority, the financial needs of the SNF owners are the priority. Co-workers and patients at the homes I worked at are great. Tools and equipment in therapy departments are standard, rarely upgraded, no budget for dept supplies and upgrades. Communication from Aegis to therapists is minimal. Some DORs communicate with their team, others do not....therapists are at the mercy of the DOR they are assigned to. I would never recommend this setting for a new grad. If you have some experience, you can attempt to stand up for the correct plan of therapy for a patient. I would not work for Aegis again
Pros
great team
Cons
patient "minutes" not appropriate for potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Therapies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8