Aegis Therapies

Aegis Therapies Employee Reviews

Supportive management
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 10, 2015
Acute facility with a fast paced environment ready to challenge your knowledge base on a daily basis. Benefits are poor and work demand is average for rehab setting.
Working with Residents
Volunteer (Former Employee), Ventura, CAAugust 1, 2015
Working with Aegis and a fun and rewarding job. The residents appreciate you being there and spending time with them. The food is weirdly good there as well. People there are very caring.
Large Rehab corporation multiple states, Computer management.
SNF Staff PT (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Ability to go to other sites to keep hours .
Cons: May loose position if contract is lost but, They do try to work with you to relocate.
Large Rehab corporation, extensive computer management, Complete benefit package, 83% productivity expectation, Hours flex to reflect case load, Due to large company often expected to float travel to other buildings. 1 PT to 2 PTA ratio is scheduled. Company is proud of employee retention.
Excellent co-workers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Paid Time Off
Cons: Almost no chance for pay raise or advancement
I enjoyed working with my fellow Executive Assistants, and I loved seeing them everyday. I enjoyed my work, my supervisor, and the many managers and associates that I supported there.
Great environment to promote quality patient care
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Belle Plaine, MNJune 15, 2015
Aegis Therapies has provided me with a wealth of learning opportunities. At my particular location, no diagnosis is ever the same and it has been great treating a wide variety of patients. My coworkers are warm and welcoming people that have shared their knowledge and expertise with me, allowing me to learn from their wide and various backgrounds.
Productive and team oreinted work place
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Pros: It was a great learning experince.
Cons: I got attached to the patients.
Worked 8 hrs plus on and average day. Completed ADL, exercises, transfers, wheelchair maintenance etc. I love helping others and I take my career very seriously.
Great work environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Southaven, MSMay 21, 2015
A typical work day involves providing skilled physical therapy services across a wide range of deficiencies from neurological to orthotic. I had the pleasure of working with some spectacularly skilled therapist.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Willmar MNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Greaf immidate supervisor and coworkers
Cons: Large company, some micromanaging taking place
My immediate supervisor was GREAT, however with aegis being such a large company there were many cooperate policies that didn't apply to our facility specifically. I was very impressed with the number of free continuing education classes they offered
Fun workplace and great team
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, PRN (Current Employee), Macomb, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free ceu provided
Cons: healthcare
When I worked Full-time I worked in between 2 facilities, HH, and OP. The hardest part about my job was managing my schedule between all of my duties. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff and flexibility available. I have learned alot through CEU courses using modalities provided by AEGIS therapies. For example, contraction management, UI management, fall prevention and many more.
many changes made for the continued financial health of the company
Occupational Therapist, SNF (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLMarch 5, 2015
for a large corporate rehab company there were many necessary changes that were made that impacted time with patient and level of care provided as well as limiting team effort. they did provide for continuing education and support to utilize programs developed by the clinical specialist staff.
Productive work environment
Speech Language Pathologist, MA, CCC-SLP (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: 85% productivity
Cons: have to self cover during bad weather, which really isn't that bad
Aegis has provided me extended trainings and the confidence to be the best SLP I can be today than I would be with another company. The support from clinical supervisors, fellow therapists, and clinical specialists is second to none!
Worst company ever
PTA (Current Employee), Chicago ILFebruary 18, 2015
I am the spouse of a PTA that works for Aegis. This is the worst company I have ever seen. It is extremely obvious that the only thing they care about is maximizing revenue and profit. Even at the expense of their employees. All therapists are Non-exempt status. That means they are hourly. They are required to bill out at >87%, including all notes, time waiting for patients to be made ready by the – more... nursing staff, time the patients are in the bathroom or being cleaned from going to the bathroom etc. This might sound easy, but you will quickly realize that the only three methods that will allow this to happen are either clocking out throughout the day and going unpaid for real work time, writing all of your notes while you supposed to be treating the patient (most of whom can't stand without direct assistance from you) or short changing the actual patient treatment time, which technically results in Medicare or Medicaid fraud. This is not negotiable. The alternative is looking for a new job. My spouse was not allowed to complete the on-boarding training on company time. They were forced to punch out or it would drop efficiency below 87%. By the way, training can only be done at the facility, not even at home. They end up going off the clock multiple times through the day and going unpaid in order to keep the numbers up. This means writing notes on your own time, often over lunch.
Aegis does not recognize holidays for hourly employees. You work. No holiday pay either. My spouse has worked every holiday in the past 12 months. Even if you take PTO for a holiday you will most likely have to work a weekend day to make up for the lost patient care time.

PTO is a joke. Sure, you earn it, but try to use it. Good luck. Plus, once you've given your required 3 week notice to leave, you are barred from using any PTO. And they don't pay out your balance when you leave. It's just gone. I've read their employee manual with my spouse. I have a lot of HR experience with companies that employ thousands of employees. Aegis has mastered the skill of creating company policies that are designed to screw the employee out of any potential way to maximize their benefits.

Well done, Aegis! You put on a great public face, all the while being a true monster to your employees. And what amazes me the most is that they are run by a therapist. She has obviously lost touch with what it means to provide excellent patient care, blinded by the all mighty buck.

If I ever needed to go to a rehab facility and discovered that it was staffed by Aegis or any of their "Golden Living" companies, I would run, crawl or roll the other way as fast as possible. – less
Bad Idea for New Grads
Staff Therapist (Current Employee), MissouriFebruary 15, 2015
This was the first job I had directly out of school and from the get-go things were indicative of trouble. Assistant's masquerading as supervisor's, apathetic therapists who didn't care about managing responsibilities or clerical duties, ineffective managers (not good leadership) who wanted you to engage in the very least clinical forms of treatment in order to get the minutes required to achieve maximum reimbursement. The only saving grace for this company is that they offer financial assistance and free CEUs though they are far and few between. Overall, not a good place to work if you want to advance your career and grow professionally.
Flexible
Wellness Instructor (Current Employee), Sioux City, IADecember 30, 2014
Flexible hours have worked well.
Would like more hours as I am only a PRN
It starts from the top.
Physical Therapist Asst. (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2014
Pros: wage and direct co-workers
Cons: management and posible loss of contract.
Working for this company is a slippery slope. This was a great place to work until the district manager and director of rehab change so much in 2 years it became a great place to a place that made you feel uncomfortable and that your job was in consist jeopardy.

My coworkers were great but my direct boss didn't know how to communicate and was very rude and would have outbursts.

Pay rate was good, health insurance was ok and no 401k match. The place in Las Vegas is contract and the facility had a lot of talk of dropping the contract.

So apply with caution, if the contract ends you are out of a job.
Enjoyable work enviroment
PTA (Current Employee), Tarboro, NC and Greenville,NCNovember 18, 2014
Lets just say if Aegis Therapies had a facility in the Raleigh area I would be trying for a transfer. I enjoy the flexible time schedule. The other members of the Rehab team all work together witch allows for the work day to flow.
Productive and fun workplace
Speech and Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PANovember 18, 2014
Provides occupational, physical and speech therapy to residents in a long term and short term skilled nursing facility setting. The therapists have high energy providing the residents with a fun experience.
Great Company for PRN
PRN Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Good Pay
Great Coworkers
Free CEUs
Lots of PRN hours
Electronic Documentation
Great company to work for
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant-PRN (Current Employee), Superior, Ashland, and Hayward, WI and Duluth, MNSeptember 9, 2014
I arrive and receive my case load for the day along with any pertinent information needed regarding my patients. Go about my day, take lunch when the residents are having lunch and resume. Fellow therapists and facility staff are very helpful and supportive.
and needed support from NS, ED, SW, Dietary and MD.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: flexible with work schedule, i can arrive early, and work my time and go home, can work of weekend for day off during the week, supports staff ( ns, md, dietary and admininstration.).
Cons: trying to treat, giving the patient what they need, with time restraints and limiting funds for equipment and supplies.
There is no typical day at work. Each day is comprised of evaluation, reevaluation, PT progress notes, daily notes, discussion with PTA's ( 3), DOR, and other disciplines ( OT, ST and NS). Patients are all medically complex and each day can have new challenges and rewards with progress in degrees or feet. I like the challenges and rewards of each day and enjoy actually treating patients and developing POC to progress the patients. Hardest part of work is limitations of treatments ( time and reimbursement for payor sources).
Industry