Aegis Therapies

Aegis Therapies Employer Reviews

Productive work environment
Rehab Technician (Former Employee), Titusville, FLApril 15, 2014
I was always multi tasking between patient interaction and the medical office work. Transported patients to and from the therapy gym, made sure inventory was stocked, answered phones in the therapy office, filed and organized therapist's paperwork, filed in medical records, collected paperwork for ARD's. I loved working with my co-workers, I was always – more... learning new things from them every day, I learned so much about the rehab department and the medical office setting. I worked closely with the manager to get office procedures done proficiently and we worked closely with the business office to get proper paperwork for billing purposes. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things with great co-workers who had a great work ethic everyday. – less
Love working for this company
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee), Moweaqua, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: locations
This company and their managers have always went out of their way to work with my schedule and the benefits are better than other companies I have worked for.
good location
SLP clinician (Former Employee), Bradenton FloridaApril 7, 2014
professional therapy team, adequate clinical treatment room offering patient privacy, flexible work hours, no weekends, short commute, spacious parking
enjoyed geriatric population and working with SLP partner
DON'T BELIEVE THESE REVIEWS BY COMPANY SHILLS! This job is killing me!
Therapist (Current Employee), MissouriMarch 30, 2014
Go to Glassdoor and other sites, you'll see Aegis' employees reviews are substantially lower than they are here.

Decent pay & benefits, but I'd take a cut to have my life back.

I have been forced under duress to sometimes over-report my treatment minutes and WAY under report my documentation time. I've been told by senior staff in double-speak terms – more... to do so, but then again, I've been written up for working off the clock. For every 8 hrs I get paid, I work 10-11. Others in my area have had the same experience. Pressure to pick up inappropriate candidates for therapy, overly redundant & restrictive computerized doc system. Pushing iPad use HARD, despite the fact there are still lots of inadequacies to the system, and that doc on the laptops is --HELLO!!!--MORE PRODUCTIVE than doing it on the iPads. It's clear they're shifting their focus to include not only crazy productivity requirements, but Big Brother monitoring of staff. As an American, I find this frightening, and as a professional, I find it highly insulting. Ironically, poor management & ethical practices may be causing missed caseload & money-making opportunities. Evals PAY. Let me at that Alzheimer's unit, do 2 week POCs for cog staging & staff training & get out! I'll make you money, just let me BREATHE and perform as a professional not a hamster in a wheel! We're missing a lot of dysphagia pts since we have no time to screen, cognition is over-emphasized, and most SLPs I've encountered are uncomfortable with swallowing, even though it should be prevalent in LTC/rehab. In fact I have a co-worker who is so incompetent in swallowing tx (well, everything, but especially that) that I consider her dangerous, but DOR and upper mgmt look the other way as she bills the taxpayer for doing glorified activity time and risks the lives of patients with real health problems. I can't keep this up and have a clear conscience, and am looking for another job. I'd rather leave the field than have to work like this. The only things keeping me here today are my mortgage and the fact that most other rehab companies are exactly the same. – less
Busy therapy locations with a good variety of patient caseload
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee), New Hope, MNFebruary 23, 2014
Always busy, This company keeps you moving through their many locations treating patients in mostly skilled nursing settings.
same as when working at Crawley - Aegis Therapies
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Boiling Springs, NCFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: same as when working at crawley
Cons: same as when working at crawley
same as with working at Crawley - Crawley was a part of the facilities that Aegis Therapies occupied
Colleagues were great, management was difficult to work with
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Delano, MNJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: great environment - worked with a great team of therapists
Cons: productivity expectations, poor communication with district manager, decreasing benefits
Awesome co-workers
Great CEU training opportunities
Great caseload of patients
overall fair environment
Staff Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Independence, MoJanuary 17, 2014
Supervisor difficult to communicate with. Building staff very supportive of therapy, great team members within therapy dept.
My Co-workers
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Amory, MSJanuary 14, 2014
When I first arrived in North MS I had no friends or family. But, upon working in this facility my co-workers became both and I will cherish the memories we created for a lifetime.
Great Rehab Team
COTA/L (Current Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 30, 2013
Pros: short and long term rehab care
Cons: carryover by gnas and nursing staff with patient care
Managerial duties when required
Geriatric Rehabilitation Setting working with multiple diagnosis including stroke, parkinsons, MS.
The hardest part of the job is losing a patient
The most enjoyable part of my job is finding peace in helping people return home to live their lives to the fullest.
Fundamental and productive work environment
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 16, 2013
Aegis Therapies is a very reputable company that provides a much needed service to it's providers. I am the aide for therapists. I assist them with anything that they need help with. I am quite fond of the work that I do there.
I enjoyed this job very much, I was able to do administrative work, which I love, from my home office.
Home-Based Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARDecember 12, 2013
Aegis Therapies was a wonderful company to work for. I was able to work from home while completing all of my administrative duties for the Vice President of Sales.
The facility is small enough for good repore between staff.
PTA (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARDecember 6, 2013
Pros: company furnishes tb, hepatitus and flu shots, often includes staff in special meals, and the kitchen puts extra food in the breakroom if not appropriate for further pt meals.
Cons: productivity is higher for prn staff, no benefits, prn isn't included for company parties, help isn't always forthcoming for navigating the computer for updating course reviews.
I start my day reviewing pt therapy chart/notes and then start RX. Sometimes it's a rough day getting pts because they aren't on a written schedule for each therapy. Management is willing to listen to any complaints or ideas someone might have, but getting a reply back sometimes takes time. The hardest part of my job is keeping productivity high because – more... there's a number of days or weeks between work days and pts aren't always the same as before. I need to do a full review and ask questions before I can start work. The most enjoyable part of work is the interaction and tales the elderly pts have to tell me. – less
great company
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Madera, CADecember 4, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. Great benefits, great work environment
Good company to work for
COTA/L (Current Employee), New Madrid, MOOctober 15, 2013
Busy days, caseload fluctuates, great people to work for! I have learned more about complex disease management, UI training, Dementia training and stroke rehab. This company offers many opportunities to learn more and advance your knowledge of many different subjects!
Good learning experience
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 3, 2013
I enjoyed working with Aegis Therapies. It was a good learning experience. I loved my coworkers and my residents.
Terrible company!
Bilingual Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Tucker, GAOctober 3, 2013
Cons: to many to list!
DO NOT work for this company. Aegis does not care about their employees. Ask for everything from you, with no return!! Worst work experience of my life!!
PTA (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 2, 2013
Aegis let their employees down by having them tied up in a contract making them unemployable to the new therapy company w/out paying for them.
They expect unrealistic expectations of productivity with very little in return
Staff physical therapist (Former Employee), IllinoisSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: i can't think of any
Cons: too many to list!
Unrealistic productivity expectations. Ran from patient to patient. They, management, did not care about quality of patient care. Had the impression all aegis ares about is money, billable time, not quality of care.
Great Workplace
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Albemarle, NCSeptember 19, 2013
Great place to work. Good group of professionals in the rehab department. Friendly staff.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aegis Therapies

At Aegis Therapies, we’ve brought together thousands of therapists in over 1,000 facilities across 43 states. As one – Read more