Aegis Therapies Employee Reviews in United States

Experinced COTA does not advise alliance with Aegis
COTA (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNApril 28, 2016
In 25 years of practice as a dedicated COTA, my experience with this company was truly negative: the culture is extremely high pressured re: unrelenting productivity - manipulating managers, and patient care models were based on greed rather than individualized tx needs. I am sad to see this company teaching new grads poor clinical habits- there is no excuse for this company, please rethink your ethics.
Choose carefully which rehab company that you give your time and talent to - I notice there is a heavy turn around of employees in the therapy departments of this company as well.
Pros
training in modalities
Cons
Laborious onboarding process, high stress for patients ( must get all minutes ...even if patient is end stage COPD ), punative culture, low wages
Good work environment
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 19, 2016
Fun first job. Good entry level place. Caseload fluctuates as do hours which is a concern but thats in any SNF. Teamwork with other disciplines seemed to be a big issue in this place.
Upper management and leadership is poor
Former employee (Former Employee) –  MsApril 1, 2016
Poor leadership , high demands with pressures for fraudulent billing, workplace harassment, unloyal company, facility not we maintained, poor organization on structure, key personnel a in HR do not address matters of complaint without being biased, high work demands at time with unrealistic expectations among other things
Cons
Healthcare maybe
Dont do it
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2016
I’ve worked for them in a couple of different states and found that the leadership/management can vary significantly from one area to the next. Some are good, some not so good and some are bad. None were great. Ask to talk to some of the other therapists on the team before you take a job. There always seemed to be a constant fear of losing the contract at the center you were in. The productivity expectations are unrealistic and set by some corporate giant, not the regional, and therefore not always appropriate for the caseload in that building.
Pros
you can transfer without losing your PTO accumulation
Cons
lost contracts, high productivity expectaions, constant turnover
Rehabilitaion is a plus yet nursing care needs help
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 8, 2016
Nursing care in the patient rooms require organization, proper management, and more patient contact. They are working on improving daily.
Pros
Rehab care
Cons
Nursing care
Great rehab staff
physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Oak Grove, MOJanuary 18, 2016
The company is very supportive of rehab staff however some of the contracted companies are not "rehab friendly". It was great working close to home and with patients from the same community. Case load primarily geriatric with dementia unit ~1/4 of census. Great rehab staff.
Pay is good but productivity expectations often unrealistic and adequate technology lacking for casual staff.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 15, 2016
As a member of the casual staff for Aegis, I've had a very positive experience with my co-workers in the therapy department. Where Aegis is lacking is in communication from administration regarding almost every aspect of the job. It's unclear who my "supervisor" is, and I never hear from that individual. Morale in departments is often low, with expectations for productivity often being unrealistic and the therapists always blamed for the lack in productivity. Yet there are often barriers within the facility, such as reliable and efficient technology, facility design, etc. that contribute to productivity.
worst job ever!
therapist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 26, 2015
Hired as a full-time therapist. It turns out, "full-time" means I have to be 98% productive an (no I'm not exaggerating) abd am expected to leave the building after 4 hours, 5 on a good day. I didn't sign up for being a part-time employee. I needed full-time pay, not to mention benefits. This company lies.
Oh, and they also bring in other therapists to micromanage your patient treatment, modality use, and documention. They WILL make you feel like a incompetent student. Save your time. Get a job at McDonalds. You'll make more and have job security .
In my month at this horrid place, I watched them run off or attempt to run off 3 great therapists.
Pros
plenty of dust bunnies and bugs. apparently they cut hours on housekeeping too
Cons
no hours, no job security
I enjoyed working with the residents.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2015
This is a great company to work for. I enjoyed working with the staff and the residents. The therapy staff is very supportive. The residents provided me with a great sense of work value. I was able to achieve growth and professional development.
Productivity driven company that does not recognize their best employees.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 29, 2015
I have stayed late, worked many holidays and even chose to work every weekend for multiple months without a thank you or a raise for the last three years I was there. This company has lost so many hard working employees because of their push for the highest productivity.
Pros
I have met some wonderful co-workers at this company.
Cons
Salary, productivity push, lack of recognition for weekends and holidays worked.

Want to know more about Aegis Therapies?

Ask a question
Never would I recommend
Certified occupational therapy assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALNovember 17, 2015
Working with aegis for almost 2 years, they decided to let me know that they are starting a home health company called intrepid, asking if I would like to learn more about the opportunity, I told them I would. I went to a meeting held, explaining everything, and was then offered a very low unreasonable rate ($10 under norm per visit) I politely declined the position, I told them I would rather stay staffed at the snf, they then told me if I didn't take the offer that they would terminate me from the company.. 1 of the many reasons I am no longer employed by them.
The therapy staff comes and goes, rather quickly, due to the staffing of the nursing home (Nurses and CNA's) not wanting to do their jobs.
Pros
Friendly Therapy staff, no designated clock in/out
Cons
30 min mandatory lunch break (off clock), corporate doesn't care for employees, 90% productivity with no tech help, nursing staff is disrespectful (CNA's)
Decent enough Company
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Albemarle NCOctober 26, 2015
Loved my job and felt I was making a difference in the geriatric lives. Little compensation for the job. As a rehab aide I was responsible for patient retrieval and return, as well as clerical work, cleaning, laundry, and assistance to the therapists. 15,000 a year is not enough for the job you do and then your position is eliminated.
low pay
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  WestminsterOctober 12, 2015
Low pay compared to living cost of area. Good education hospital as I worked there right out of school for both COTA and OT degree. Very supportive management.
Pros
Education
Cons
low pay
PRN at Aegis
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 25, 2015
I just started working for Aegis recently, but its a really great team. Good communication and cooperation between members of different disciplines.
Very stressful workplace, encouraged to practice/bill fraudulently
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis MNSeptember 21, 2015
Provides good salary, decent benefits, poor insurance. Encourages poor practice/ fraudulent billing. Cuts corners. Poor team building. Poor support from company. No mentorship. Take in new graduates and recycle them by treating employees very poorly. Unreachable productivity standards 95% for assistants. Inappropriate minutes for patients, completely profit based no concern of patient or employees.
Terrible management!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 21, 2015
This is a terrible company to work for. They try to tell you it is a "team" effort, however, they just want you to work completely independently, no teamwork whatsoever! The PT was lazy and did not want to supervise the PTA . Management bullies and tries to tell you it is your fault and your own "poor performance" but supervision by a PT is required by law! Buyer beware....I would never work for this company again or the parent company Golden Living.
Pros
The facility was very nice
Cons
Weak management, no 401K match, no raises, unreasonable productivity requirements
Stable work environment, track record of success
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 7, 2015
I like the social environment in our OT/PT Depts because we weather the ins and outs with shared humor as well as hard work.
Pros
lots of employee appreciation
Cons
policy "culture of compliance" = snitching on/ suspecting colleagues
Miami Jewish Home - Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2015
wonderful co workers location wouldn't work for company again even if you paid triple my salary first and last time... if you don't have anything nice to say..... you know the rest
Supportive management
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 10, 2015
Acute facility with a fast paced environment ready to challenge your knowledge base on a daily basis. Benefits are poor and work demand is average for rehab setting.
Large Rehab corporation multiple states, Computer management.
SNF Staff PT (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 25, 2015
Large Rehab corporation, extensive computer management, Complete benefit package, 83% productivity expectation, Hours flex to reflect case load, Due to large company often expected to float travel to other buildings. 1 PT to 2 PTA ratio is scheduled. Company is proud of employee retention.
Pros
Ability to go to other sites to keep hours .
Cons
May loose position if contract is lost but, They do try to work with you to relocate.