Aegis Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

No room for advancement low pay
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CASeptember 23, 2017
The company does not take care of its employees no imcentive provided and or acknowledgement of high quality of work.....low pay...definitely not compensated to meet cost of living
Pros
Get treated to lunch and coffee here and there, hours are great (off early enough to run errands etc)
Cons
Extremely low pay, raises are pretty much non existent, there was alot of favoritism going on, employees being treated differently, staff very clicky highschool like environment gossiping etc. Very immature as all were grown adults
It's a fun a good job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 4, 2017
If you are started as a first time medical assistant it is a great place to start at . It can get a little crazy at times with the patients but overall there isn't much to complain about except for the pay we do a lot for that low of a pay.
Pros
We would get a lunch every month on the company and they would buy us snacks
Cons
Low pay
Poor training standards and inconsistent management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 10, 2017
Constant change and turn over.
Counselors who are burnt out, overworked, and/ or under trained.
All about the $ and do not care about patients or staff morale.
High pressure performance standards but no guidance on how to meet them.
Inconsistent feedback regarding work performance.
Ridiculous work hours
Pros
Off early, very busy
Cons
No real training. 4am!!
All of the staff members are great to work with.
Medical Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 28, 2017
The staff is very friendly and they have knowledgeable drug addiction counselors. This is a busy environment and operation hours start really early in the morning.
Good Starter Job or PT income
Dispensing Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CA 93454June 23, 2017
Not a destination job for most competent human beings. Can be a skate job for those who are obnoxious or lazy. A good starter or retirement job.
Go through a great deal of management and staff, high turn over.
The job is not difficult. The clients are mostly fun, good intentioned folks addicted to opioids and other addictables for a wide variety of reasons or causes. Provide measured doses of methadone to kick a habit, or keep one maintained.
Hardest part of the job is locked in the dispensing room with a gassious coworker with IBS or a cranky old nurse with a fair sense of humor.
The best part of the job is the staff and clientele and relationships made over time. Catching up with childhood friends and not talking about what you've done with either of your lives. Also being locked in cramped dispensing room with a cute young nurse...yeah, I said it.
You wanted to know, right?
Pros
Occassional food from management and grateful addicts after their fix.
Cons
Cranky addicts waiting for their fix.
Don't Do It
Counselor / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 15, 2017
The pay is low, the management is immature and lacks education, very unprofessional environment, and the culture is like working with a high school drama team.
Pros
Supervision for MFT trainees
Cons
Everything Else
Fun environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 23, 2017
The hours are nice either 5:30 to 2 shift or 2 to 7. Pretty flexible. Staff is awesome. Patients can be difficult at times and you need to be comfortable working with drug abuse patients. Pay is not great but the job load is easy.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Pay is LOW
Good
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 4, 2017
Good place to work for , staff is really friendly. Seeing patients succeed is the best. Good place to get clinical experience . They are professional .
Busy work enviroment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 17, 2017
I would recommend this position for someone who is looking for a full time position. The typical work day is busy and keeps you on your feet. The workplace changes from here and there. The managers are great to an a certain point. Things are always changing. If you like a busy place and a full time position, then I would recommend this position.
nothing
Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 20, 2017
I have nothing to say about this company. I don't recommend people to work here, it is not a safe environment. I have had problems with management since I started there are several ethical violations here.
Be careful
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJanuary 8, 2017
It;s a great place to start but be cautious of the management and unethical behavior. As long as you stay on top of your work you'll be fine but be aware of poor management.
Pros
good start
Cons
poor management
Producive enviornment and solution based.
Case Manager / Drug Counselor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 17, 2016
Aegis is a great place to learn more about my passion. I personally could not have been placed with a better place. My co-workers work as a team and support each other. We get to do all this while helping those with opiate dependence issues. We apply and suggest Matrix and Living in Balance strategies to our patients.

I could not have picked a better place to do an internship.
Pros
Supportive team building
Cons
Helping those without a desire to get help
Professional and fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CA 91731December 16, 2016
I really enjoy working at this facility. Everyone is friendly and make you feel like family. The hardest part is waking up so early for work.
Lots of action and plenty of food
Caseload Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 29, 2016
Great place to work with team of Counselors who work together. Also Management looks out for staff and helps in any way they can. A day at work includes meeting with Patients and trying to assist them in their efforts to adapt to a drug free lifestyle. I learned how to interact with drug addicts who are attempting to get clean & sober.
Great experience!
Clinical Caseload Manager/Clinician (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CA 91731August 23, 2016
Counselor has a caseload of at least 30 patients and is accountable to provide 50 minute counseling sessions 4 times a month. Counselor also runs group counseling.
Pros
Great staff support!
Cons
Low pay
Positive and fast paced work environment
Caseload Manager / Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 18, 2016
Typical day at work: Conducting one on one counseling sessions with patients which consisted of either working on their individual treatment plans, conducting assessments, or working on and finding tools to deter relapse, manage anxiety and/or depression, or medical ailments.

What I learned: How to connect with individuals on a personal level and create a safe and comfortable environment in which they can openly express their innermost personal problems they have either faced in their past, or currently facing without feeling judged or looked down upon in any way.

Management and co-workers: Great people, positive and encouraging. Were always eager to help and offer insight.

Hardest part of the job: Very early work hours

Most enjoyable part of the job: Providing a service to people in need and making a difference in their lives. The experience gained was priceless and taught me a lot about how to handle highly sensitive situations and information, and how to move forward in treating said issues according to the individuals needs and desires.
Pros
Positive work environment, room for promotion
Cons
Short breaks, early hours
Heavy Work Load
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield 21st StreetOctober 25, 2015
Very Very fast paced enviroment , high energy , see on average day 200 pt's , Very skilled at multi tasking , working with various backgrounds of patients ....... Not letting things break your spirt
seeing patients succeed in their treatment program......seeing the lives of my patients getting better
Pros
Building trust and confidence with my patients
Cons
never enough time to complete all I want to complete
Rewarding
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Santa PaulaOctober 11, 2015
Rewarding experience, an opportunity to make a difference treating Opioid addiction. Talk therapy is used as a form of treating addiction. It is a good environment to grow as a counselor.
Pros
rewarding, meaningful
Overall Job Review
Caseload Manager & Counselor (Current Employee) –  Marysville, CASeptember 12, 2015
Caseload Mgr/Counselor is a good position. The pay is not comparable to education level for Master's Degree. The company is a small privately owned company and therefore really does not have the funds to pay comparably to other larger corporations. The hours are extremely early leaving little time to get personal things done but is workable. The overall job is good. If pay was better I wouldn't be looking for a new position.

The benefits are lousy. They have the cheapest benefits packages they could possibly offer, which is a let down as well.
Psychology post-doc
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 16, 2015
There was not enough clinical activities, but a great deal of administrative work.
Had the chance to work with great staff.