AEGON USA

AEGON USA United States Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Broker (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 2, 2015
Fast paced work environment. Solid and Knowledgeable staff. unfortunately no upward mobility unless you were college educated or had phone bank experience.
Good work experience.
Project/Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2014
Exciting and diverse working environment. Most enjoyable part of the day would be connecting business relationships.
Transamerica: Wonderful Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 3, 2014
Pros: fitness center, tuition reimbursement, team-based
Cons: depending on your position, it can be difficult to advance.
No two days are the same. It is a fast-paced environment filled with an opportunity around every corner.
Great place, but less than average wages and no moving up
Credit Research Analyst (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes, workout facility was used on lunch breaks
Cons: unhappy divide between research analyst and portfolio managers
Great place to get your feet wet in investments. I learned a lot, however there is a noticeable divide between certain groups. The pay isn't great, especially for the caliber of some of the employees, but when you're located in Cedar Rapids, what do you expect. Also, not much of a chance for moving up in the firm.
Overall a good place to work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: treat employees well
Cons: lots of layoffs
Overall a good place to work, however in the Transamerica division there have been a lot of layoffs in the St. Petersburg office since 2013.
Great place to work - forward looking and not afraid of change
Portfolio Manager - Quantitative Strategies (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: large company - lots of opportunities to learn
Cons: large company - hard to move quickly; bureaucracy
Typical day at work for me involved running the quantitative allocation and trading models that I had developed, working with the ETF traders to ensure trades were done, working with the Risk team on continual model validation and working on presentations and marketing materials for the funds/strategies. Occasionally, I would work with the New Initiatives team on new product development.

Co-workers at AUIM were friendly, respectful and supportive. AUIM invests heavily in getting good data and establishing proper internal controls so that products (mutual funds, variable annuities, UMAs, etc.) are managed within the parameters established.
Productive & some fun people to work with
New Business Representative II (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 29, 2013
A lot of data entry to keep you busy all day and they have a monthly celebration
A great experience with caring people where I learned customer service skills and the claim process. I have no regrets.
Death Claim Coordinator, Call Ctr / Trainer/Mentor (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FL / Tampa Bay areaMay 13, 2013
Pros: my co-workers, my supervisor, flexibility and the product we offered
Cons: emotionally upset family members
My co-workers were the most important and enjoyable part of my career at AEGON / Transamerica. The day always began with a 5 - 10 minute group meeting to discuss our goals for the day and week. First time calls were answered, initial claim forms were sent to beneficiaries, completed claim forms were received, reviewed and forwarded to the appropriate claim examiners for payment to beneficiaries. At times, a difficult part of the job was speaking to family members who were still very emotionally upset about the loss of their loved one. My managers had quite a bit of trust in me and allowed me to perform my duties with minimal supervision due to my demonstrated professional and personal commitment to my work ethic. I would not have remained at AEGON for almost 15 years had it been an experience I did not enjoy and benefit from.
Great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 13, 2013
Taking inbound calls regarding life insurance policies. A great environment to work in. Management was very helpful. Best part about the company is the company meetings and activities.
A good place to work.
Sr. Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2012
I love dworking for Aegon thought I would retire there but because relocated to downtown Baltimore in a leased building they did not take our department.
Stressful working environment with no job security.
Commission Tables Business Analyst (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 25, 2012
Pros: flex hours
Cons: mandatory overtime
Over the past year and a half AEGON has been outsourcing much of our work to India. Once everyone is working at full capacity off shore there will not be enough work for the current employees. We were told there would be no layoffs, but it seems it's headed in that direction
Great Experience, Very nice Work conditions
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJanuary 23, 2012
Pros: friendly faces that were genuine, manament cared.
Cons: contract position
Excellent company, cared about workers. I felt like I mattered while working there.