AEL Employee Reviews

Poor management and understaffed
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 12, 2017
Supervisor left within the first month I started. We were already short handed and 3 of the current employees were training to fill the supervisor position, therefore putting us even more understaffed. I didn't get the proper training to do the job efficiently.
I love my job at AEL
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNNovember 8, 2017
I love my job, i enjoy going to work every day! Where i work, the patients are so wonderful and the ladies at the doctors office i work at are a phenomenal group of women! AEL has been such a wonderful company to work for and they will do everything they can to help you in your time of need from being sick to emergencies with your kids, family or self. I would stay here for the rest of my life if i could! The insurance was kind of pricey for me as an individual but it was a great insurance and the plan itself was great. I have no complaints about AEL besides the pay. I believe it should be a bit more.. you do receive PTO and accrue it with each paycheck. That has helped me a lot. They take care of their own!!
Pros
benefits, management, dependable, positive work place, fun environment
Cons
pay
Do not work here
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOOctober 4, 2017
Believe me. Poor management, poor work environment, waste of resources, disrespect for workers and students, poor collaboration partners, terrible environment (physical and atmosphere).
Very challenging and very rewarding
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOSeptember 24, 2017
It was exciting to help the students achieve their goal of obtaining their GED. I had the opportunity to meet many different people that were working on this goal.
Professionalism
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2017
Very professional atmosphere
Steady work. Learned different types of lab tests. Fast,paced friendly coworkers and are very helpful
On site training.
Fun Work Environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 19, 2017
Loved my job and coworkers. The office manager is intelligent, focused and doesn't mind training. The owner and staff were all easy to get along with and the whole work experience was enjoyable.
Lacks management skills and professional development
Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARMarch 26, 2017
The pay was reasonable however the company lacks skills for great teachers and learning for the children. It allows to much gossip and favoritism also to many family members in the work place.
ael
Medical Billing Collector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2017
nice place to work at back then. it use to be mpl. i enjoyed working there it was actually my first job. it ended up getting brought out so im not sure how things are now.
Nice place to Start!!
Soil Technician (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJJanuary 22, 2017
This is a good place to work and you get to visit different types of Sites the experience is real. It is really a nice job and they always have availiblity if you wanna work hard irrespective of the weather.
Same as before
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 14, 2017
Refer to the other post I wrote on this place of business. Very unorganized as a Lab my clinical placing was amazing however. Friendly staff and co workers, however supervisor from AEL itself not so much.
Pros
Refer to other post
Cons
Refer to other post

Want to know more about AEL?

Ask a question
unorganized
Production associate (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SCNovember 28, 2016
The company is not ran efficiently and is very unorganized. The managers do not have any experience with the jobs their over.
I loved my job.
Phlebotomy Technician/Courier (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 15, 2016
I learned more about team work. The hardest part of my job was saying good by to my co-workers. The cons to working at AEL was hard work will always pay off.
Teaching with passion from my heart and textbooks!
Part Time Instructor Independence School District (Current Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my current position is the diversity found among both the students as well as staff members.

My daily activities, which is mixed with so much rich diversity allows for teaching instruction to be flexible and based on the students needs in terms of life skills mixed with basic academic disciples. Each of my co-workers possesses different instructional styles, which allows each of us to learn, new and innovative methods of instructing our students, from each other. We collaborate among ourselves about our various students needs and learning styles. .

The most difficult part of my current position is the limited time given for teaching, we are part-time and I so wish it was a full-time position.
Pros
The students desire and commitment to learning.
Cons
It is only a part-time position.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2015
They where very productive and always had every thing on point . Very day the area was clean and new tools where brought out every day
Fast paced, good support team.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville,MIMay 14, 2015
Everyday we would have at meeting at 8:00am. Then after the meeting we would go to our work station, do the paperwork for the day. Get our materials together then start unpacking auto parts,
Pros
Employee Luncheons
Cons
Short supply of parts
productive fun workplace
part inspactor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 1, 2015
i would show up and repack various types of antennas and then i would prepare the shipping paper work for the truck driver after i would finish i would continue back to repack parts for the next day
end of the year party
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 27, 2015
Annual end of the year party and appreciation gift. Also best staff of the year award. Good working environment, monthly training especially on safety first program.
People job
Porter (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIOctober 6, 2014
This job was okay because I met a lot of different people. Working with the public and doing what was required.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
no overtime
It was a lot of data entry, with numbers anddata
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2014
It was close to home, and lots of daily work. The co-worked were nice and respectfull.
Pros
Worked with numbers in a Healthcare industry, which I like
Cons
Did not get to talk to customers much, mainly entered invoices.