AEP Energy Employee Reviews

Great environment
Energy Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Been working there for several months. I find the environment to be positive, with great competitions to motivate high performance. While it is Door-to-Door sales the management team works hard to make sure the sales team is taken care of.
Pros
Work environment, team atmosphere, availability of management
Cons
Hours at times (12-8 pm)
Energetic with plenty of job security! Everyone worked as a team to get the job done on a daily basis.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 19, 2016
Go out and read entire route and have it complete by the end of your 8 hour shift and try to have extra time allotted in case someone else needed your help. Everyone worked well together as well as individually to get the job done. As long as you stayed hydrated there was nothing hard about this job! The most enjoyable part of the job was the comfort and security at the end of the day when I would go home to my family knowing they had security.
Pros
The occassional quaterly bonus and safety breakfasts or lunches!
Cons
None.
Competitive salary with advancement opportunity
CERTIFIED TRAINER/ DIRECT SALES (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2015
AEP Energy is a great company to work for. It is door to door sales, but they take great care of you, offer paid time off,benefits, and a great salary. I have learned a lot during my tenure with AEP Energy and experienced the best management yet.
horrible don't waste your time
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2014
Bad news just go somewhere else. 60 plus hrs a week at a rate of less than minimum wage paycheck never right.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything
was a fun place to work
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMarch 18, 2014
was a good place to work 2 travel and see the u.s but was working 140 hours every 2 weeks was home only 2 days a month just hard to do that so long with a family
Pros
travel and perdiam
Cons
not really no breaks no benefits wasnt home enough
Electrial Company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Always training co-workers, but overall busy and productive days.
Growth and Learning Potential Unbounded
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2013
I joined AEP Energy (fka BSE Solutions LLC) during a period of high growth, allowing me to learn quickly and with a high level of autonomy. I appreciate the ability to grow and develop within the company, as we're always moving fast, growing into expanding markets and roles.
about AEP
Energy Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2012
This company is great for entry level positions that have no cultural background internationally, be ready to not receive much training or support for sales... your on your own.
Productive and relaxed environment
Pre-Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 18, 2012
Arrive at 7:58am at desk, log into computer and upload company's database. Decide if customers need rate changes, created, or canceled.

Co-workers are extremely nice, easy to get along with.

The hardest part of the job is understanding that people will make errors, but the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to fix mistakes and know that I just solved a problem.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
8am-5:30pm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AEP Energy. Our community is ready to answer.