AEP Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Boat Logistics Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 5, 2016
Before they were sold this was a great place to work. People truly cared for one and other. Something different everyday but always with the same great people.
good job for awhile really long hours on graveyard shift
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 24, 2015
if you have family you dont really spend time when you work graveyard . good thing was getting paid weekly you also get every other weekend off
Amazing culture and great place to work!!
Documentation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 18, 2015
I have worked for AEP for 10 years and the only reason I am leaving is because we have been purchased by another company and I would have to move to Indiana to keep my job. This is an amazing employer with top notch benefits.
AEP--Great Work Environment
logistics coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 9, 2015
AEP River Operations is a great place to work. It has an excellent work environment, with good and driven people. I have always been impressed how AEP River Operations puts the safety of its employees above all else.
Great Place to Work!
Billing Coordinator/Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 26, 2015
Great Place to Work! I enjoy my co workers and love what I do. Great pa, great benefit package. I recommend to all..............................................................
Great place to work.
1ST MATE (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 3, 2015
Physically challenging job and you get to see alot of places you would'nt get to see. The ability for advancement in a relatively short period of time.
Pros
Working outside, meeting new people
Cons
high volume call center based on metrics
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Groveport OhioJuly 14, 2015
Strict adherence and compliance to all performance metrics. Mandatory overtime. Generous compensation and benefit programs. The most difficult part of the job was learning to listen to customers yelling complaining and cursing at me even though they were upset with the company and to not get hooked. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist customers who needed extra time to pay the bill before disconnection, the hardest part was having to say no to customers who did not keep previous promises to pay. It was difficult to hear the stories and listen to grown people crying over the phone due to their personal issues while knowing I was being timed on the calls so empathy and call direction would be the things I learned to achieve quickly. Management did a fair job but numbers were the biggest focus and little to no recognition for a job well done.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation as well as discount tickets.
Cons
Being timed on restroom breaks, if you are 1 second out of compliance it affects your stats, there is little time in the day to get to know your coworkers.
Electrical Design Drafter
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2015
I created Electrical, Controls, P&ID, Plot Plan, Pipe Spool, Excel Drawing Issue Log under Engineering supervision utilizing AutoCAD, Raster Imagery, Plotter, Printer, Microsoft XP. Keep flat file drawing library up to date with latest revision of issued drawing prints and kept the computer file folders accurate.
Pros
I was my own boss taking direction from engineers or service tech
Cons
working alone
enjoyed coworkers and public relations
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAMarch 17, 2015
being on time. stay healthy, so I can do my job professionally.hardest part ,was working in all kinds of weather and all hours of the night , dealing with all types of people and situations.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
long hours, and working in bad weather
productive a good place rto learn several things at once
Handyman (Former Employee) –  PRMarch 10, 2015
everything I learned and I know it was at this place sincei t was mostly at a school they needed everything to be done it was a short period but it was fun a really productive.

Want to know more about AEP?

Ask a question
Good people to work for.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 8, 2015
I love my job at AEP but I am working through Man Power.
I am seeking a job with benefits.
I love creating an email each morning with our Daily Achievement that goes out to everyone and to all our boats. I take care of all mail including Boat Mail. I do several reports weekly and I order all supplies.
I answer every call timely and I am always pleasant.
I try to always have a smile on my face.
I look for ways to make everyone's jobs run more smoothly.
My co-workers are awesome and I help each department in some way.There are no hard parts of my job other that the drive to and from. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling appreciated by each and every employee of the company.
Pros
a very good environment.
Cons
the long drive from mayfield
very poor work place
Press Helper (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 12, 2015
a typical day at work was going in to clean up another shifts mess and get all my ducts in order. I learned a lot there but mostly on my own and watching others do it. very poor management. my co workers were awesome to work with. the hardest part of job was knowing that I was going in another day to get paid my same pay Ive been making the year in a half I was there and busted my butt everyday. the enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was learning more and more everyday I was there.
Pros
good paid vac time
Cons
poor pay no raises
productive work place good co-workers fun enviroment
meter reader (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJanuary 3, 2015
8 hour shift
how to read electric meters
management worked hand and hand
make sure reading was right
co-workers
had a schedule
excellent contract position
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 14, 2014
leading medicare part c plan in the southeast. competitive benefits and compensation as well as adequate training.
CAD experience producing thousands of electrical drawings.
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 17, 2014
Typical day at work updating existing drawings and digitizing drawings according to the daily program.

I learned techniques of Autocad and GIS data applications to integrate manual drawings to digital format of thousands of drawings of electrical systems.

Following directions of the project manager to completed the project in record time.

The systematic work as a team was fundamental support for this project.

The heaviest part of the job was moving physical files from diferents locations to the main office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn new CAD & GIS technologies and understand electrical systems and components,
and travel around of Texas and Oklahoma States.
Pros
achieve experience and become very productive in cad works.
Cons
any
production
2nd Mate (Former Employee) –  Lakin, WVApril 9, 2014
In a general work day I fleet and clean barges. I typically work an 8 hour day and overtime when needed. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Productive and Well-Oiled
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 19, 2014
As expected from a factory setting work place, AEP ran a well-oiled machine with everyone doing what was expected of them. It was simple and easy to learn what your job was and how to do it right. However there was little to no chance of advancing to a higher position if you excelled.
Pros
productive, great experience, good hours and pay
Cons
no advancement for dedication and excellence
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2014
Micro managed to the second. AEP is focused on a singular goal-their standings with PUCO. Your family and private life are expected to be ignored. AEP is expected to come first, no matter what. Management is so-so, and there is plenty of room for advancement IF you have/get a degree. Co-workers are nice, answering calls isn't bad. The environment itself is what brings this job down to a 1-2 star rating.
The quickest 21 months I've ever worked
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 7, 2014
Reading meters is a very fun job. I gott to work outside and with a very good group of people. My manager is not just a manager. She is understanding of life's events while adhering to the company policy. The hardest part of the job was advancement. Being as it is union based, seniority plays the biggest part in your chance for moving up. Also difficult was working in the severe weather. Although not impossible, it was difficult.
Pros
flexible breaks and lunch, got to work outside of an office.
Cons
very little chance for advancing
hard work twelve hour days.
packer (Former Employee) –  Stallings, NCDecember 16, 2013
I ran a machine, checked plastic bags and packed them up.I learned how to make plastic bags.I had a good boss.most of the people were good to me.The heavy lifting .watching the machine run.
Pros
i worked half the year.
Cons
not many benefits and working every other week end.