AEP Employee Reviews

Its alright
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXDecember 19, 2016
Typical day of work is not planned out till you get there and things can change depending on priority by the manager or clients.
One thing for sure you will have many opportunities to learn as much as you want.
Management is indecisive on Company policies, though they state it every time there don't really keep up with them concerning employees.
At the beginning when you are new it can be extremely hard and difficult but once you put in some years they wont take advantage of you.
Dealing with management was the hardest part.
Accomplishing the work and helping a client or fellow co-worker.
Pros
Have your own company vehicle, company phone, and work schedule.
Cons
Local Management indecisive of proper company policies which gives you more unnessary work, which you dont get compensated for.
Great place to work if your willing towork long hours and every weekend you will be renor warded
Marketing Rep/sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2016
Great comany. Not the best job if u have a family work alot of nights and weekend day. Sunday is your only day off .long hours great pay. U get what u put into it .loved my job
Pros
Sub contractor feel like u made a difference in the quality of many family's life
Cons
You have your ware and tare on your vec put alot of miles on ypur vec. Family ran buss
Team oriented
Senior Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2016
Their is a lot of office politics involved working here. Best advice would be to not get involved with all that.

They are very flexible with work schedules. Parking is only $40 per month.
Really cared about employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVMay 31, 2016
a lot of sitting at a desk listening to customers yell at you for situations out of your hands. Not for those who are extremely active.
Great Place to Work
Boat Logistics Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 5, 2016
Before they were sold this was a great place to work. People truly cared for one and other. Something different everyday but always with the same great people.
good job for awhile really long hours on graveyard shift
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 24, 2015
if you have family you dont really spend time when you work graveyard . good thing was getting paid weekly you also get every other weekend off
Amazing culture and great place to work!!
Documentation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 18, 2015
I have worked for AEP for 10 years and the only reason I am leaving is because we have been purchased by another company and I would have to move to Indiana to keep my job. This is an amazing employer with top notch benefits.
AEP--Great Work Environment
logistics coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 9, 2015
AEP River Operations is a great place to work. It has an excellent work environment, with good and driven people. I have always been impressed how AEP River Operations puts the safety of its employees above all else.
Great Place to Work!
Billing Coordinator/Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 26, 2015
Great Place to Work! I enjoy my co workers and love what I do. Great pa, great benefit package. I recommend to all..............................................................
Great place to work.
1ST MATE (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 3, 2015
Physically challenging job and you get to see alot of places you would'nt get to see. The ability for advancement in a relatively short period of time.
Pros
Working outside, meeting new people
Cons

Want to know more about AEP?

Ask a question
high volume call center based on metrics
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Groveport OhioJuly 14, 2015
Strict adherence and compliance to all performance metrics. Mandatory overtime. Generous compensation and benefit programs. The most difficult part of the job was learning to listen to customers yelling complaining and cursing at me even though they were upset with the company and to not get hooked. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist customers who needed extra time to pay the bill before disconnection, the hardest part was having to say no to customers who did not keep previous promises to pay. It was difficult to hear the stories and listen to grown people crying over the phone due to their personal issues while knowing I was being timed on the calls so empathy and call direction would be the things I learned to achieve quickly. Management did a fair job but numbers were the biggest focus and little to no recognition for a job well done.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation as well as discount tickets.
Cons
Being timed on restroom breaks, if you are 1 second out of compliance it affects your stats, there is little time in the day to get to know your coworkers.
Electrical Design Drafter
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2015
I created Electrical, Controls, P&ID, Plot Plan, Pipe Spool, Excel Drawing Issue Log under Engineering supervision utilizing AutoCAD, Raster Imagery, Plotter, Printer, Microsoft XP. Keep flat file drawing library up to date with latest revision of issued drawing prints and kept the computer file folders accurate.
Pros
I was my own boss taking direction from engineers or service tech
Cons
working alone
enjoyed coworkers and public relations
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAMarch 17, 2015
being on time. stay healthy, so I can do my job professionally.hardest part ,was working in all kinds of weather and all hours of the night , dealing with all types of people and situations.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
long hours, and working in bad weather
productive a good place rto learn several things at once
Handyman (Former Employee) –  PRMarch 10, 2015
everything I learned and I know it was at this place sincei t was mostly at a school they needed everything to be done it was a short period but it was fun a really productive.
Good people to work for.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 8, 2015
I love my job at AEP but I am working through Man Power.
I am seeking a job with benefits.
I love creating an email each morning with our Daily Achievement that goes out to everyone and to all our boats. I take care of all mail including Boat Mail. I do several reports weekly and I order all supplies.
I answer every call timely and I am always pleasant.
I try to always have a smile on my face.
I look for ways to make everyone's jobs run more smoothly.
My co-workers are awesome and I help each department in some way.There are no hard parts of my job other that the drive to and from. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling appreciated by each and every employee of the company.
Pros
A very good environment.
Cons
The long drive from Mayfield
very poor work place
Press Helper (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 12, 2015
a typical day at work was going in to clean up another shifts mess and get all my ducts in order. I learned a lot there but mostly on my own and watching others do it. very poor management. my co workers were awesome to work with. the hardest part of job was knowing that I was going in another day to get paid my same pay Ive been making the year in a half I was there and busted my butt everyday. the enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was learning more and more everyday I was there.
Pros
good paid vac time
Cons
poor pay no raises
productive work place good co-workers fun enviroment
meter reader (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJanuary 3, 2015
8 hour shift
how to read electric meters
management worked hand and hand
make sure reading was right
co-workers
had a schedule
excellent contract position
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 14, 2014
leading medicare part c plan in the southeast. competitive benefits and compensation as well as adequate training.
CAD experience producing thousands of electrical drawings.
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 17, 2014
Typical day at work updating existing drawings and digitizing drawings according to the daily program.

I learned techniques of Autocad and GIS data applications to integrate manual drawings to digital format of thousands of drawings of electrical systems.

Following directions of the project manager to completed the project in record time.

The systematic work as a team was fundamental support for this project.

The heaviest part of the job was moving physical files from diferents locations to the main office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn new CAD & GIS technologies and understand electrical systems and components,
and travel around of Texas and Oklahoma States.
Pros
Achieve experience and become very productive in CAD works.
Cons
any
production
2nd Mate (Former Employee) –  Lakin, WVApril 9, 2014
In a general work day I fleet and clean barges. I typically work an 8 hour day and overtime when needed. My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AEP. Our community is ready to answer.