Aequitas Capital Management Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great staff, worst management imaginable
A Middle Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 11, 2016
Roughly 200 dedicated, honest people lost their jobs due to executive leaderships' massive greed, denial/panic, and general mismanagement of the organization. Despite a 20-year history, the business behaved like a reckless startup in every way. Even as the company was having to use new investment money to pay redemptions (a huge SEC violation), they continued to throw expensive golf excursions and luxury getaways for big fish, hired dozens of new staff for already bloated departments, maintained multiple corporate jets, and went forward with a million dollar office renovation. With the benefit of hindsight, it's obvious they were desperate to maintain the appearance of stability and growth to lure new money in the door. But just a few short weeks after being promised everything was okay at a $30,000 open bar Christmas party, we were in the midst of the most disorganized shut down ever. It's strange to say it, but if you're job hunting in the FinTech market, do your own Due Diligence before signing up with any small shop.
Pros
Nice office, lots of free lunches
Cons
Leadership believed SEC rules didn't apply to them
Busy Investment Firm
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMarch 31, 2015
I was the Front Desk Receptionist for a very busy Investment Firm. The phones were my main job and I was very good at it. The firm transitioned into something very different as time went on and they felt no need for a front desk position. I was not qualified for anything else within the company. The Co workers were very nice and traveled a lot so I did not have a lot of interaction with most of them. It was a bit lonely in the front. I do believe the best part of the job was our employee meetings, they were very fun and informative.
Pros
Learning about Capital management
Cons
Management away a lot.
Over all an exciting company with big growth plans
Director Financial Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2015
Overall a great place to work if you can handle the complexity and ever-changing nature of the business. Learning about debt financing, equity, private equity, etc. is definitely unique in Portland
Pros
Learning a brand new skill set
Great Place, Great Atmosphere
Fund Operations Assistant-Temp (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORNovember 5, 2014
This company has been expanding like crazy and there is a lot of opportunity here.
Pros
Free Lunches, charity give back events, excellent benefits package, Half day Fridays in the summer
Cons
Building is currently going through a renovation process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aequitas Capital Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8