This position is responsible for developing, qualifying and performing release assays for vaccine candidates at Aeras. In addition, this position provides support for multiplex assay and other pre-clinical assay developments. This position will also assist in release assays for CMO projects in the laboratories of Aeras.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts viral assays, immunoassays, and general laboratory procedures, using Good Laboratory Practice and adopting to BSL-2 procedures.
- Organizes, performs, and documents development assays and release assays.
- Develops, optimizes, and performs viral assay including qPCR, immune staining, western blot, restriction analysis, host cell protein ELISA, and identity PCR.
- Implements SOPs for viral assays and other general laboratory procedures.
- Support the optimization and execution of multi-plex assay for pre-clinical or clinical samples.
- Assist in assay qualification and validation of release assays.
- Assist in gene cloning, PCR, Agarose gel electrophoresis, plasmid extraction and restriction digestion.
- Recombinant protein expression in E. coli and protein purification by affinity column chromatography.
- Perform SDS-gel, Western blot, and protein assays for characterization of viruses, recombinant proteins, rBCG or other manufacturing projects.
- Assist in routine laboratory maintenance including reagent inventory, equipment qualification, instrument calibration, and adherence to safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, or one to 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in tissue culture, handling virus and virus titer determination.
- Experience in qPCR, immune staining, western blot, PCR, and ELISA.
- Experience in Multiplex and other immunoassays.
- Experience in protein expression, purification, plasmid extraction and purification, SDS-gel, and Affinity Column Chromatography techniques.
- Experience in assay development, qualification and release assays.
- Experience in data analysis, interpretation and skills to prepare reports.
- Experience in writing SOPs in immunological and microbiological procedures.
- Able to use computer software to analyze data for graphic presentations.
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate laboratory schedules.
Aeras is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Indeed - 12 months ago
Aeras is constantly producing new constructs that will also be made available following phenotypic, genotypic and stability...