aerie by American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Good Temporary Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 3, 2017
I worked here as a seasonal employee and I felt that this is all this job would be good for. I do not see many people advancing in this job. So unless you have no desire to advance, only a good seasonal job.
Very calm work area
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVJuly 29, 2017
I don't have anything negative to say about the company. I really didn't get a chance to really work there due to being hired during thanksgiving/Christmas time.
Pros
Discounts were great
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Productive place, fun working environment fast pace at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 25, 2017
I really loved working there! The employees and customers are always a pleasure. They try to work around your schedule as much as possible. Managers are Awesome! Employees get to try new inventory if there's overstock
Pros
Get to try products/ merchandise first
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 25, 2017
This was a good experience for a holiday job as it was something I had never done before. I enjoyed the people and the holiday festivities. I also enjoyed helping people find clothes they love.
fun place to work but terrible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 3, 2017
The management needs a lot of help. They hired way too many people so no one gets very many hours. I have been working one day a week at best. Do not recommend this job.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
pay, hours, management
Always something
Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 30, 2017
Worked for this company for many years and very quick to stab the people who have been there longest in the back and abuse having them as a valued team member. Never see advancement out of the company anymore. Has really gone down hill internally.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Absolutely no work life balance, asking a lot of you in a short period of time.
Felt like a burden
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 7, 2017
Working at Aeire is not as much fun as you would think. You have to be constantly doing something so they would have me unfold all the underwear on the table just so that I could refold it. They also didn't train me much at all, there was a 3 hour day that they walked me through everything, but after that i was on my own. Asking the other employees for help almost seemed frowned upon as they weren't very willing to help.
Pros
discounted AE
Cons
Staff was not nice
Fun easy to work with environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJMay 8, 2017
It's a fast-paced environment with supportive management and opportunities to grow through the company. There's a lot of fun opportunities to encourage employees to work hard and reach sales goals and try to make all goals more easily achievable.
Pros
Supportive managers, fun environment, employee contests, welcoming
Cons
Not many guaranteed hours for part time workers
Love Aerie
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 24, 2017
I adore working at Aerie. Not only do we have a great campaign, but its a wonderful atmosphere. Its hard to get hours sometimes, but I work several jobs so I guess I can't complain much. Love coming back here every week.
This Company=Not about its PPL
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
Aerie makes a point to create an untenable work environment. With constant changes to dress code and arbitrary policies which put good workers in unreasonable positions. While its presented otherwise, this associate positions at this company are designed to be temporary.
Pros
store discount, occasional free garment
Cons
schedule, associate are required to wear and but aerie products, poor managment
Productive, Fast- Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 14, 2017
As a sales associate I was responsible for informing customers of currents sales and promotions, operating the register and inventory work. Maintaining smooth operations throughout the store was a responsibility of all employees.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  StrongsvilleApril 11, 2017
Great Company. VP's are very involved in the stores. Company showed a lot of appreciation for their employees. Great discount for Aerie and American Eagle.
Pleasurable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAApril 7, 2017
Pleasurable place to work, happy and considerate coworkers nice to work during the holidays, has a team/family vibe. The discounts are nice the only complaints are not enough hours or days.
Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 4, 2017
It can be a little insane. Sometimes when theres so much to do and not enough people it can be overwhelming. Customers are always asking why aren't more of us working and it's hard to explain. We sometimes have to cut hours and that can leave us short staffed when we need it most.
Pros
great customers
Cons
short staffed during certain shifts.
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 12, 2017
I love the position but the management could use some work. The benefits are amazing and the atmosphere is comfortable. Not always the most well run store rhoy
Very boring and long work days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYMarch 11, 2017
I was a seasonal sales associate during the 2016-2017 holidays. I did not like the small space. The shifts felt very long and there was very little to do, since it was a small store. The managers were kind of nasty and would get mad at you if everything wasn't sized correctly or in the right spot. I had a lot of availability, but since it was a small store they did not give a lot of hours to their associates, so it was kind of hard to make money when I was working there. As a college student who needs to pay off college loans, I believe it was unfair that they would give me not even one shift a week and give other associates more shifts. I was also not trained properly, and since I was only working there once a week I would forget how to use the registers or not know where things went, so I had to ask a lot of questions which I felt some of the managers got annoyed about; but maybe they should've trained me properly and given me more hours.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 24, 2017
A typical shift at aerie is pretty much hit or miss, it's a new store in Bakersfield, about 3-4 weeks old. So far I've learned how to size women for bras, color match and color code to the extreme. Management is nice, they always are free to answer any questions you have and train you nearly every shift. They inform you of steps you missed when assisting a customer and help you learn from it. Hardest part of the job is doing new floor set, it's fun. It just gets frustrating when you can't find something that hasn't come in the first shipment, but we always have merchandise that we can use to improvise for the time being. Most enjoyable part of the job is becoming friends with all these girls that are similar to you. Getting to be yourself and embracing your own style in a store like that is big and means the world.
Pros
discount
Cons
A great environment to grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Not always do people say they love going to work. But I can honestly say I love what I do! Getting to work one-on-one with real life people and making them smile is a gold star to me.
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 21, 2017
Managers and associates are great to work with. Nice pleasant and calm place. I have learned everything very quickly. I have done many different jobs and learned them very quickly such as cashier, shipment and etc.
Pros
Loved the workers
Great Company
District Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXDecember 1, 2016
The Real You is Sexy marketing strategy is inspiring! Customer service with the level of payroll provided is sometimes hard, but doable if you are committed to ensuring great customer service.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Short shifts for part time