Aeroflex Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work, production oriented.
Process operator/technician (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHOctober 21, 2015
Typical day at work: Arrive on time, clock in, go to locker to store personal belongings, lunch. Go to "gowning" area, suit up with shoe covers, lab coat and safety glasses. Use gloves for all work related duties. Check log book(s) for work in progress. Check with group leader for the days projected output. Check system(s) required for the days work load. Load and unload process reactors, evaluate product. Place product in proper cassettes. Label cassettes accordingly. Almost every day something is learned to improve the production and quality of the products. My position required very little involvement with higher level management, no problems with co-workers and group leader. We always performed with team spirit.
The hardest part was getting there. The most enjoyable part was when the lab and group received favorable mention of the completion of an order and/or the quality of the product(s) delivered.
Pros
Easy going atmosphere.
Cons
Necessity to re-sign up for benefits every year.
na
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 27, 2016
Work is 7 days a week. Job is very intense. Resources are minimal for the number of in-house contracts. Management style is raw and crude. No formal execution of tasks. ERP system is outdated.
Hot , under paid
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNFebruary 27, 2016
Learned a lot about insulation pipes. packed pipes and made boxes
Manager was not fair. Worked in other departments using table saws and printing machines on pipes. Assisted packers and made necessary labels. Got along with co-workers. The pay inadequacy and lack of 40 hours a week was why I left for other employment.
Pros
learned something new
Cons
low pay
People be come your family
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Hardest part is company was bought out by other company . I do miss all of them. Needs more meeting about what is happen and what has to be done.
A good place to work
Calibration Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plainview N.Y.October 5, 2015
Working with my co-workers I learn being a team player is very important to keep the company strong and rolling smoothly.
-A typical day at work Is to support my team on day to day challenges.
I is a quiet place but busy place.
Finished goods coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 17, 2014
A typical day for me is getting to work at 7 and getting shipping ready for that day. I also stage and get ready for the next two days of shipping based on the information that is given to me through the system that the company I work for has set in place. I am very much an independent worker if I have all my work completed I then go to management and ask if I am needed for a project. The hardest part of the job is to get the orders off the floor in a timely manner for shipping. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job is that we have made goal for the day and the year.
Pros
getting out at 3:30
Cons
along drive
Currently in Reoganization
Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 16, 2014
Management is not trained for the job. Very hostile job environment and under staffed. Experience and performance not used to determine promotion. A case study.
Pros
technology
Cons
no oppurtunity to grow
Worked night, was not in the general population
Micro Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYSeptember 7, 2015
worked alone. the hardest part was when a problem arose, no one was there to assist. Co workers assisted to get work done on time.
Pros
Quiet at night
Cons
breaks were short
Fun laid back work environment
Electronics Assembler (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMay 14, 2013
This place is an excellent place to work. They are very flexible to meet the needs of their many employees.
Pros
family like environment
Cons
hardly any raises
The best people to work with. Do to the company sale, my job was eliminated.
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 2, 2015
I truly enjoyed my 18 years at Aeroflex. I was hired to work for the VP of Marketing and his sales team in 1997. He later was promoted to Sr. VP, and then President. I was with him every step of the way. The job hours were 8-5, but I was told I must work late whenever necessary. I gave up night school classes, the company bowling league, and making any plans after work as I might have to cancel them. There was no overtime pay. I accepted this as part of my job and I did not complain. I worked any vacation plans or Dr. appointments around my bosses schedule.

I expected to retire from Aeroflex, but recently they were sold to Cobham. As a result, my boss, myself and the entire corporate department was let go.
A progressive company with opportunities for advancement.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 7, 2014
I worked for Aeroflex for 10 years. The Sales and Marketing Department had some wonderful people that were very supportive and helpful. We all worked well as a team and always managed to get through challenging times together.
Pros
co-workers were fabulous! always supportive and provided encouragement.
Cons
numerous management changes.
Busy office environment with friendly, caring employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYApril 16, 2013
Multitasking, creative environment with opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of the corporate world. Hard working and caring co-workers, committed to their jobs and each other. Extremely hectic at times, but worth it because of the education that it offers and the wonderful working atmosphere.
Pros
secure company
Cons
change in management
Very relaxed atmospohere and a great family away from home!
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAApril 24, 2013
Very low key, hands-off approach from management. Dress code motto is "comfortable workers are productive workers". Unfortunately Sequestration in D.C has gotten the best of us but it's been a wonderful ride!
Pros
relaxed atmosphere and a close knit family.
Cons
market was too tied to defense industry which ultimately lead to our down fall.
New Product Development Initiative, NPDI mapping in SAP
New Product Development Initiative, NPDI (Former Employee) –  KSSeptember 24, 2014
Variant Configuration, New Product creation, Product Classifications, BOM Creation and link to ECN, defining Material Types, Dangerous Material Groups, Plants, Dangerous Storage Locations, Batch Management, self-life, Specification Management
Aeroflex was a great place to work.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with people over seas trying to help in any way I could.
The hardest and one of the most fulfilling part of the job was learning the ITAR regulations and laws.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
1/2 hour lunch
the place is a joke
manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Col Spgs, COJuly 10, 2013
- the equipment is outdated and everything is done manually.
- the management is outdated and should have retired years ago.
- all work is done by the lowest paid new employees and temps.
- the software tools are outdated.
- the employees are unfriendly.
- most employees are under-educated.
- the pay is average to low.
Cons
see below.
Worked in manufacturing environment. Tracked circuit card assemblies from start to finish
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 1, 2014
Created work orders, status movement pack and ship.

Worked with management, operations and quality to meet customer schedules.

Enjoyed working with others to all meet the same goals.
Good Company to work for.
SENIOR TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2013
Very senior work force.
Challenging projects.
Management style of intimidation.
Pros
challenging projects.
Cons
management style of intimidation.
Professional environment, good people, benefits and work environment.
Senior Financial Analyst, Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 10, 2014
Aeroflex Company was recently acquired by Cobham. Cobham's corporate headquarters is located in the UK, as such they will be completing all Finance related consolidations at their location. They have announced they will be eliminating the roles of the finance departement, therefore, I am seeking employment employments as a Senior Financial Analyst
no comment
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYAugust 21, 2013
Friendly work environment.....
However no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeroflex. Our community is ready to answer.