Aerojet Rocketdyne Employee Reviews in United States

Wait for the dust to settle!
Material Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 26, 2016
The company's products are becoming less competitive due to high cost. Aerojet Rocketdyne still has a huge market foothold, as many of their products are heritage. However, other commercial companies are challenging the industry status quo.

Many of the new competitors are much better funded and are taking good talent away from the company.

Recent layoff has made conditions worse as many have less confidence in their career path. This has driven more to leave (in additional to the layoff)
Cons
Great talent is leaving in droves
Loved it
Administrative Asst. 3 (Former Employee) –  East Camden, ARApril 26, 2016
Loved my everyday interaction with my boss and with the other people there. After being there 11 yrs I made alot of friends and learned alot
Historically a fantastic company, currently going through a great deal of restructuring.
Warehouse Supervisor, Senior Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 25, 2016
Aerojet Rocketdyne's people are the most valuable part of this company's culture!

Typical days are busy, with a large variety of challenges, depending upon your area of expertise. With Aerojet, I learned to be flexible, progressive, an agent for change, and customer service centric! Drawing on the talents and skills of people to drive business success.

Co-workers are always one of the best features at Aerojet! It's a family and the people make it fun!

The hardest part, and often the most rewarding part of the job was finding new and better ways of accomplishing "the mission".

If you can find a place to land, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Aerojet Rocketdyne as an employer!
Pros
Competitive pay, great benefits, prestigious company history.
Cons
Downsizing operations, struggling industry
Current Emplyee
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 23, 2016
Great people, helpful and always willing to lend a hand. Exciting products and applications. Comparable benefits.
Co-workers are great. Most there to make a difference and have a true sense of pride in the company and country.
Exciting products with national importance.
Good work life balance.
A good place to work.
Senior Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Camden, ARMarch 22, 2016
I learned a lot while working at Aerojet/Rocketdyne. I'm proud to have had the opportunity to work there. There were times that the work days were extremely long and we were required to work a lot of overtime which everyone got tired of from time to time. I really liked all of the people that I worked with and became close friends with several of them.
The hardest part of the job was the demand to get parts inspected so that they could be sent to the next step of the process when there was a problem with the quality of the product and we were waiting for the engineer to give a deposition on the problem.
The best part of the job was the closeness of the people that I worked with.
Pros
The vacation, and sick leave plans. Holidays and 4 day work weeks.
Cons
Too much overtime required. and not the best Health Care Package.
Exciting Products, Exceptional coworkers, friendly
Sr. Analyst, Manufacturing & Production Planning (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 24, 2016
100% success in-flight product. Rocket Science at it's best. I was fortunate to work with a very diverse but focused group of people. Success is held together with teamwork and determination to meet on-time delivery.
Pros
Competitive salaries, Market trend benefits. Great people.
Cons
Big business growing rapidly. Less regard to employment stability.
Death spiral is painful to watch - grab your parachutes!
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CaFebruary 2, 2016
I wish I had anything positive or encouraging to say about this company because it was truly a great place to work in the past. The company's philosphy has shifted ever since the aquisition of their rival Rocketdyne. They can't outsource their sensitive technology, processes, manufacturing to other countries so they do the next best thing and breakup their Sacramanto facility to other states with a low cost of living. This justifies lower wages and overhead. Everyone thinks through their survival instinct leading to mistakes, loss time, stupid decisions, etc. The culture has been destroyed.
Pros
8/90 schedule
Cons
extremely high deductible healthcare, cutting back on holidays, no job security
Assembler III (Current Employee) –  RedmondFebruary 1, 2016
Good place to work at, keeps you very busy on certain days.
The training needs lots of improvements, You learn as you go.
Trainnng is more listeining in class and less hands on.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No training
Good place to work. Rewarding tasks, good work/life balance.
mechanical engineer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Aerojet is a good company with many benefits. Flex time is great. Management is good and the atmosphere is welcoming. The level of challenge varies with each task, but the end product is great.
Pros
End Product is rewarding
Cons
Growth Potential
Talent Acquisition Coordiantor
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CADecember 7, 2015
60% - Directly supports recruiting team members enterprise wide (15 locations). Support is time-sensitive in nature. Prepares employment packages. Coordinates documents and ensured completion of post-offer background investigations, reference checks and medical screening. Ensured consistent, timely, effective and reliable customer service when regularly faced with heavy workload and/or tight deadlines. Able to interact, directly support and deliver on critical time sensitive communication, ensuring deadlines are met. Communicate face to face and through phone with various internal and external customers, providing appropriate detailed communication and addressing issues as they arise.
15% - Prepares a variety of detailed reports, both regularly scheduled and ad hoc, pertaining to the Staffing function, to the leadership team, ensuring the accuracy of information as well as the quality and timeliness of the delivered reports.
10% - Provides other support, as needed, including updating applicant tracking system, scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements, coordinating events such as job fairs and interview days, assisting with placement of recruitment advertising, updating and managing numerous forms and information packages, and processing invoices.
10% - Coordinates, greets and leads the new employee orientation program for multiple locations, updating orientation materials as needed. Completes and processes documentation needed for start date of new hires.
5% - Contributes to ongoing process improvement activities, focusing on quality and efficiency.
Transition management team troublesome
Machine Tooling Repair Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 5, 2015
I found that the facility, and management of the machine tool group was completely inept. They had no concept of what needed to be accomplished in this position, and kept shifting responsibilities from one department to another department without looking at the root causes of the problem which in effect were complete ineptitude on equipment that was 60 years old.
This was a great place to work, I wish I had not moved to Texas for family.
Inspector, Radiographic/NDT A (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working there. I liked the work environment, the facilities and equipment. We were well trained to do the job.
Aerojet Rocketdyne Review
Senior Oracle DBA / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 14, 2015
Worked with Aerojet Rocketdyne for 5 years, they have a fantastic group of people to work with and a great 9/80 work schedule. Too many layers of management and sadly they decided to outsource the entire IT department.
Aerojet Rocketdyne
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 12, 2015
Management encourages early adoption of change and eager attitudes towards program successes. Emphasis on safety, honesty, affordability, respect and quality.
Great products and people
Operations (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 1, 2015
Exciting products and intelligent workers. The con is job stability and the pros are work life balance, the people and the products.
Going downhill... and FAST
Sr. Photo Etch Processor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2015
Projects are interesting. People on the floor are great. Upper management is terrible. The company is transitioning all the work to other locations (i.e. Arkansas and Virginia).
Pros
good pay, not overworked.
Cons
benefits package, no room for growth.
A Positive Place
Mono Propellant Propulsion P.E. Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 2, 2015
Aerojet was a great place to work. I can only say so much because I only had internships there, but my experience was very meaningful and positive. The first summer I was working with the Project engineers on a specific project which gave me a great view of how projects go from a proposal through assembly and into testing.
The second summer was a failure investigation which required me to do data input.
Come as you are
Production DBA (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 23, 2015
A place where you can grow with no supervision. You will be the captain and crew of your ship. Don't look for a backup person.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Sub par management
Excessive layoffs
Business Analyst (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 23, 2015
There is so much turnover. Everyone fears for their jobs due to lack of budget and are either laid off, or seek employment elsewhere.
Lack of forward thinking and executive level ineptitude.
Senior Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 15, 2015
Aerojet will need to adjust it's business model to stay competitive in the Aerospace industry. Human Resources is sub-par.