Aerojet Rocketdyne Employee Reviews

Intern
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMarch 20, 2017
If you want to learn or accomplish anything, you'll need to really push. The people are great and the compensation as an intern was amazing. They worked around my school schedule case much as I needed.
Productive workspace
Project Manager - IT Applications Systems (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMarch 15, 2017
Opportunity to work on different challenging projects and initiatives in aerospace and defense. Company supports education for employees and provides training.
Working to meet the needs of employees
Human Resources Administrator 4 (Current Employee) –  Camden, ARMarch 11, 2017
A typical day at work is to complete task based on urgency. I am always willing to listen to the needs of others and seek alterative ways reach a win win result for employer and employee. The hardest part of the job is conflicting information dissemination . The most rewarding part of the job is working with people to bring out good qualities and establish trusting relations.
Great working company
rocket test technician and assembler (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with the company and the people I worked with..I have leaned all the new technical skills and experiences. They are willing to observe and sat down and discuss about the jobs before proceeding in a safe manners and professional. Great company to work for..
excellent
Associate Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Camden, ARMarch 6, 2017
top notch, never had a better job. Cant wait to build my career at this company. Area is fantastic with so much to do outside of work. Unbelievable atmosphere.
Union Shop
In-Process Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 3, 2017
Awesome place to work for with my experience, non qualified union members with more seniority gets the job. I often apply for a job that I am highly qualified for, but majority of the time, I am disqualified due to my seniority level in the company.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Union Shop
Work Day
NDT Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Start of the day with production meetings and updates. Attend the shift turnover with NDT management. Ensure personnel are assigned to priority jobs. Attend safety and management review mtgs for current projects, and programs. Follow up with dept. on the program and project status.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours
Government oriented work and work rules.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Government oriented work and work rules. lots of paperwork related to Gov't. requirements. You must track your time per the project you are working on, etc. The pace is slow. If this doesn't bother you it's probably a great place to work.
Great People but company is lacking moral
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
The people here are great however the company is shrinking and relocating to other sites.

There doesn't seem to be a bright future for the Sacramento facility and the company is not doing anything to maintain the employees. It feels as if the company is taking away previous fringe benefits in hopes that we will voluntarily leave rather than be laid off and receive any sort of severance package.
Pros
9/80 schedule and end of year shut down
Cons
benefit packages, reduction of "fringe benefits"
Great Company
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CADecember 27, 2016
Loved working here.Great people
multiple locations
wish they weren't closing the Vernon site.
They make cool stuff here.

Want to know more about Aerojet Rocketdyne?

Ask a question
Good company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CANovember 6, 2016
Heritage Rocketdyne management and employees are the backbone to this company. Good things will continue to come out of this company.
Great employer
Facilities Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA 95742November 5, 2016
Very family orientated, safety is priority, good work atmosphere, training, appreciation of workers, great pay, work incentives in general a good place to work.
Pros
Uniform supplied all safety equipment supplies
Work here if it is your means to an end
Associate Technical Data Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2016
Not much to say but you will find out when you work here, what the expectations are and how and if when you will meet them. Just keep working at it and make sure you do what you can.
productive,fun,educational place to work
Manufacturing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNSeptember 13, 2016
loved learning new things. hr dept. and immediate supervisor( night shift) were awesome. training and safety were on the high concern level of this company.( mine too)
Pros
health and dental care
Cons
harsh competition
Outstanding place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2016
Executive management has great insight into the rocket business. Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company bringing world class propulsion to the commercial launch business.
Interesting experience
Scientist I (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 19, 2016
It was a truly unique experience. Management includes a lot of interesting personalities. It was nice to work with intelligent people. The hardest part of the job was determining the customers needs.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities
Cons
high stress
N/a
Aerospace Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2016
This review requirement in my opinion is somewhat redundant, so I will elect to pass in the manner. I am not intending to insight an insult and hope this is not misunderstood.
CEO is clueless
engineer (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMay 19, 2016
CEO is awful. Opening a new office near where she lives because she doesn't want to drive into the plant.

No direction. No clue.
Pros
Cons
Poor management from the top down
Productive and very busy.
Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARMay 4, 2016
Aerojet was a great company with great people to work with. I enjoyed my lead and my supervisor. They were great people to work for.
Cons
healthcare and working with explosives.
Wait for the dust to settle!
Material Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 26, 2016
The company's products are becoming less competitive due to high cost. Aerojet Rocketdyne still has a huge market foothold, as many of their products are heritage. However, other commercial companies are challenging the industry status quo.

Many of the new competitors are much better funded and are taking good talent away from the company.

Recent layoff has made conditions worse as many have less confidence in their career path. This has driven more to leave (in additional to the layoff)
Cons
Great talent is leaving in droves

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Our community is ready to answer.

80%