Aeropostale Inc Employee Reviews

High School Job
Cashier and saleswoman (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRDecember 20, 2015
This job was my first job in a store. The experience was a new one but I learned different things like a cashier or saleswoman.
My co-workers were always active, making the place comfortable.
working at Aero
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYDecember 18, 2015
The job wasn't really that good but it was okay because it was only for seasonal. Learned not a lot of stuff but they did train me a little bit not enough. Co-workers were somewhat nice but then you do have the ones that are nice.
Hardest part working there was the customers kept messing up the pile every time i fixed it up.
Pros
it was an okay place to work at.
Cons
very unorganized.
Provided a great opportunity to interact with people on a daily basis.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 1, 2015
Initially it was a very enjoyable experience. However, I feel as though the company in their effort to appeal to a younger demographic has not valued some of their older managers.
Hardworking professional, willing to give others knowledge I've gained.
Lead cashier (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GANovember 17, 2015
Ready to give everyday my best. Willing to train new employees. High level experience in working in fast paced environments.
Not a fun envirorment
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 4, 2015
I worked for Best Buy for 2 years and I just didn't agree with the way the store was ran. They paid well but the money wasn't worth me missing time with my family.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 1, 2015
Variety of exciting employees and I felt like I was treated very well here. Management was very organized and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing cashier.
Pros
discount
Cons
: Short break
prductive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 16, 2015
fun work environment.The hours are okay during the holiddays, we ha about 4 managers all different personalities. I learned store policies promo for merchandise.
worst job ever
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 24, 2015
employees would get 2hrs shifts every 2 weeks or so. HORRIBLE PAY , OVER WORKED, NOT ENOUGH TRAINNING. i would get called 1hr before my shift started to go in.
Pros
discount
Cons
ALMOST EVERTHNG
Good Place to Work
Expense Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJuly 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers...really cool people who make coming to work worth it!

Aeropostale's core values make the Company a good place to work.
Pros
Summer Hours
Enjoyable and productive workplace where communication is key.
Assistant Manager/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 2, 2015
Typically before opening the store, my days begin alone. It usually involves managing schedules, adjusting daily volume goals, and re-merchandising as much product on to the floor as possible. However, once we open our doors my job is all about clear communication, whether that be with the associates on the days expectations, with others on the management team and sharing the days goals and accomplishments, or with customers in the store and instilling trust with them so that they feel comfortable enough to continue shopping in our store. But aside from communication we also try to ensure that our working environment is a productive and enjoyable one encouraging everyone that although you must be professional on the job it is also important that you be yourself, which is my most enjoyed quality about the job. Granted I've had long nights with the company sometimes working extremely long hours getting projects done and setting up the store for success on the next day, however nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment once you recognize the benefits of the hard work you've invested. Overall my time with the company is an enjoyable time.
Pros
Close proximity to where I live.
Cons
Pay is way too low, no benefits, working on weekends.

Want to know more about Aeropostale Inc?

Ask a question
average employment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJune 18, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers, organizing displays, cleaning entire store, managing fitting rooms, and running cash register. Management made the job seem much harder than it was. Work was enjoyable when managers were clear with expectations.
Pros
good first job, store discount, detail oriented work, great customer interactions
Cons
sales floor music plays on repeat in short loops
Fun working and helping costumers find what they need.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2015
A typical day at my previous job would be coming in dropping all my belongings in the locker and getting straight to tasks for instance like folding the clothes that are in my section making them look neat and lined.One of the hardest thing about this job is that they really didn't give break.One of the most enjoyable part about my previous job was meeting new costumers and helping find what they need.I learned how to developed great costumer service skills and communication skills.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
Short Breaks
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 24, 2015
The company is very big on promoting within the organization. The culture is unlike no other... Great company to work for overall.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management in some areas
productive work place
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  west nyack, new yorkApril 13, 2015
usually i worked between 4 and 6 hour shifts. my shifts consisted of servicing customers, maintaining clothing displays, and operating the cash register.
Aeropostale
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAApril 8, 2015
Job was not satisfying and management engaged in very poor and unprofessional acts which I did not agree with, pay could have been better, internal relationships did not exist which made the working envrionment very hostile.
Nice work enviorment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work was always very exciting because the company is very good at letting you try new things such as cash register stock learning the floor all that great stuff. what I learned at this company is to always learn how to work with as a team no matter who your working with that's the most important it keeps the business always running smoothly . Mangement was great they made sure that you were doing your job properly and they were always good at letting you know if you were doing a good job or what you needed to work on to improve the excepted any and everyone they didnt just treat you as a worker they treated you as family wich made me feel even more welcomed.
Pros
alway had seasonal meetings
Cons
short lunches
Little to no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 29, 2015
Folding and straightening/ resetting displays of clothes for basically the entire day. Very little to do. I was only only ever hard scheduled 1 day a week, on call 5 days a week, and actually off one day a week. However, on calls were never utilized, so I only ever worked about 6-8 hours a week. Leadership was weak, often rude to staff, and unwilling to provide help.

These conditions vary from location to location. Hopefully my experience is not typical. I will not work for this employer again.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
no hours, no objectives, no leadership
ok
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 22, 2015
doing this job i found out that retail was not for me i didnt really like folding clothes at all
Productive, fun and exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OhioDecember 9, 2014
I really enjoyed working here, for the time that I did, I was taught the appropriate way to greet costumers coming into the store, I also enjoyed being able to answer questions and concerns for the costumers, lastly this job taught me how to work a cash register.
Pros
discounts on merchandise
Cons
immature managers
Fun
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 17, 2014
Can be very fun and exciting from day to day with new adventures that customers bring. The management is great to work with! Coworkers are young, bright, and energetic. The hardest part of working there are the people that come in for theft.