Aeropostale Inc

Aeropostale Inc Employer Reviews

Fast Pace and Fun
Merchandising Flow Leader AM (Former Employee), Birmingham AlJanuary 27, 2014
Provides great customer service for the entire family and their shopping needs. Providing clothing for boys, girls, men, and women,
productive, fun workplace
Sales Associate- Cash Wrap Specialist (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: stress free work environment
Cons: short breaks, no payroll
constant picking up after people and constant interaction and customer service.
Fun, fast pace work enviroment
I went from a seasonal part time sales associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2014
I enjoy working for Aeropostale. It is very high pace, and easy to promote within.
Colorful work place.
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 8, 2013
Cons: little pay.
A lot of folding. I learned how to fold. Mangers were very nice and fun to work with. We had alot of games and competition between the co-workers and mangers. The hardest part was each day closing the store till about 2 in the morning.
Productive and Organized
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee), Goodlettsville, TNNovember 4, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: n/a
Working with outstanding people who were passion about customers and helping them This environment has brought me into knowing the key facts about working in a retail clothing store. The discounts were awesome but people would have to be a good team player when it comes to busy days. Overall, I loved it!
Great place to work, manager was horrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gastonia NCOctober 30, 2013
I enjoyed the upbeat job, however my manager at the time was too friendly and pushy throughout his divorce and I left the company due to his behaviour.
Abercrombie
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2013
A typical day at Abercombie consisted of register training , running go backs , ringing up customers fast friendly and efficient . greeting customers that entered the store and my work area for the day. i learned a lot from working at Abercrombie & Fitch , team work was the main and most important thing that i picked up from working here. engaging more with customers and learning how to be more involved with different people. i gained a lot of friends , from working here , this was never my intention but my coworkers were extremely friendly and helpful . the hardest part of my job at the time was training others on the register , but i finally got the hang of it and now its a piece of cake! the most enjoyable part of working at Abercombie was the environment , everyone was friendly and upbeat , it really made coming to work fun and enjoyable.
High Energy, Customer Urgency, Fantastic atmosphere for moms and teens alike
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Morgantown, WvJuly 15, 2013
This store is a mall-based, specialty retailer of casual apparel and accessories, principally targeting 14 to 17 year-old young men and women through its Aéropostale® stores. The Company provides customers with a focused selection of high-quality, active-oriented, fashion and fashion basic merchandise at compelling values. Aéropostale® maintains control over its proprietary brands by designing, sourcing, marketing and selling all of its own merchandise. Aéropostale® products can only be purchased in its Aéropostale stores and online at www.Aéropostale.com. The Company currently operates 914 Aéropostale® stores in 50 states and Puerto Rico, 75 Aéropostale stores in Canada. The company also has 100 stores opening across the country over the next 3 years. In 2013, Aéropostale® was named one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to work for. The company takes great pride in its people and what they represent across the board.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Selinsgrove, PAJune 27, 2013
Pros: atomsphere, discount, team
Casual atmosphere. One of the best companies to work for in retail. Value driven and great people.
very lively work space. With positive and uplifting people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 26, 2013
Pros: aerocares program, student ambassadors, and discounts for employees
Cons: hours
A typical day at work is coming in with a smile working with an amazing group of people who put themselves to the side. To help others and meet the needs of other individuals. I have learned so much working in this store. The biggest quality I have learned is diligence and dedication. The management team is very helpful and always has time to answer questions if you are unsure of something. The co workers are the same, they want to see the store grow more than themselves. The hardest part of my job is watching a customer walk out not satisfied. do my best to meet the needs of each individual person and to see a customer happy is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Always busy and they reward you
MERHCHANDISE FLOW ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDApril 29, 2013
Pros: long lunches, cool management, chill enviroment
Cons: pay should have been more, co-workers could be mean at times.
I worked for Aeropostale on a seasonal basis during the holiday season and it was fun for the most part. It was definitely hard work back I the stock room, but it was also nice to have a quiet space all to yourself while you did your work. I would definitely work for them again.
Fast pased Apperal company
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 5, 2013
Pros: all the great things the company is doing for the community and people in need.
Typical day at work is busy and always something to do. Improving customer service and helping new and older shoppers finding something for themselves as well as for a present for someone.

I have learned many skill while being there, all management such as payroll, setting goals for the day, training new employees. Fast upbeat environment with great management team and always getting support from the managers.

Hardest part of the job would be sometimes dealing with very difficult customers however once the issue is resolved seeing the customer walk away happy is the greatest feeling.

The most enjoyable part is working with a great team and having fun and upbeat day and even if it is one of the busiest days having a great team supporting you always made it a great day.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Little rock, ArMarch 26, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: no benifits
This was a fun Job for a High school- college student. Aeropostale was a fun working environment. it was fast paced during the holiday seasons and back to school shopping, but it was a over all great place to work.
good people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2013
really good friends at work, but the work sometime its to much for the poor pay
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Weatherford, TXJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: bad hours
A typical day at work for me would be full of good attitudes. I've learned to always have a positive attiutude about anything that happens in the work place. I love all my past managers and I always respect them. I am very respectful and helpful towards my co workers, I believe in having teamwork amongst us. I think the hardest part of the job is when something goes wrong it always hits everyone. The most enjoyable part for me is getting to see and help customers everyday.
awesome experience.
Cashier/Stocker/Door Greeter (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: they were great in every way.
Cons: i really dont have anything bad to say about them .
this was my holiday job , and it was actually really great. i learned alot of things. that things cant be as bad and you plan them to be. they were really nice people too. awesome bosses. i had a great time working there.
N/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 21, 2013
A typical retail store, no steady hours, and no time to have a life.
Retail company with great values but not great work/life balance
Merchandise Flow Manager (Current Employee), Novi, MIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: long hours during holidays and overnights
There is no "typical" day as a store-line employee. There are different tasks that need to be done every day and there is pressure to do too much in too short amount of time. The expectations are sometimes unrealistic for the tasks that are asked of the employees. The work/life balance is not good either. The company expects the employees to put in late night hours to get things done.
N/A
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee), N/AJanuary 7, 2013
N/A......................................................................
Fast paced environment, exciting place to work
Sales Associate, Completed Customer Service (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAJanuary 7, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers, working the cash register, attending the fitting rooms,performing customer service all day, and store maintenance. I learned how to give great customer service, and how to keep up in a fast paced retail environment. The hardest part of the job was to make sure the store was clean, and the displays. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday.

Aeropostale Inc Salaries