Aeropostale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,554 reviews matching the search
Aerpostale is a great place to work. There is always a fun atmosphere.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 27, 2016
Aeropostale is a great place to work, they care about their employees. People you work with are great, management is amazing. Everyone always works together to achieve results.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNJuly 27, 2016
My typical day at Aeropostale is pretty entertaining, I love helping customers and I never meet a stranger while I'm at work. As a manager I make sure my employees have a fun work environment and I try to be as understanding as possible.
Pros
Great discounts
Fun and friendly environment, nice coworkers, hard working team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 26, 2016
working here was a good experience. I helped customers and did a lot of cleaning up and maintaining the store. Coworkers were friendly and overall it was a positive environment.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Some people worked harder than others
Fun fast-paced environment
Monitor sales activities (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJuly 26, 2016
It has been many years since I was employed with Aero but I can give you my experience from when I was there. The focus is the customers of course. The plan is to greet them and make sure they are aware that you can assist them and that there are team members all around the store if they need. Loss prevention was also a very big focus so we all worked as a team to make sure someone was in each section at all times. The hardest part of the job was keeping the store neat on the weekends and during the holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team and how we made the time pass with each other professional and fun at the same time.
Cons
It's a retail store so you are open even during the holidays
Great coworkers, and really good enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 26, 2016
Met alot of people, and became good friends with most. Really accepting and comfortable enviorment. Not an overload in hours or work, pretty easy job.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Not enough pay.
Productive and Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 23, 2016
Welcoming environment
Great people
Amazing co-workers

Busy days feel like they go by quick.
Management is great.
High expectations that are fulfilled by staff
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks
Never work here again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2016
Did not get a lot of hours especially due to the location. 5 hour shifts felt very long since the business was slow, and the pay was horrible.
Super fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 20, 2016
Working for Aeropostale was always a fun and exciting day. Your managers and co-workers were always there when you needed them. The best part of working there was you can be yourself and have fun.
Great Place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
Awesome place to work all about people highly recommend it , a brand focus on fashion trends with great clothing, Discounts are the best perks.
Fun place to work.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 19, 2016
Lots of potential for advancement. I here learned many of my management skills. Hardest part of the job would be the hours of business.
Great working environment, and coworkers were extremely helpful into training me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2016
A typical day working there was very smooth, I never had any difficult situations with the customers or my coworkers. The store was always clean and organized, that in my opinion was the enjoyable part and also of how my coworkers were so kind and they made working there a lot more fun and comfortable. The hardest part of my job was of how I had the evening shifts, which were a little challenging because it becomes very late and I would be part of the last shift which had to organize the whole store before closing time.
Great management and coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 15, 2016
I loved my time at Aeropostale. The environment was filled with friendly people who were able to work efficiently and respectfully. Our store constantly ranked in the top of the region. What i loved most about the job was the managers who really worked hard to ensure the employees were doing their job and ensure customer satisfaction. The hardest part of my job was not being able to get promoted due to positions being filled.
Pros
Good Environment, Great Managers and coworkers
Cons
The pay
A great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 15, 2016
A typical day consists of selling to customers, keeping the store presentable, and making sure the product is priced correctly. The most enjoyable part is the upbeat environment.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Future of the company is uncertain.
A fun Fast paced working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAJuly 15, 2016
Go into work and ask the manager what my task of the day is and get right to it. Working here for the past three years, I have learned a lot about customer service and how to deal with money and difficult situations.
Professional Working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 15, 2016
I had the upmost respect for the management at Aeropostale. Extremely professional and a confrontable work place.
Aeropostale
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 13, 2016
I love working at Aero. Its a nice and trendy place to shop at. all the workers there are great and very helpful.
Productive until new management
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company until it was placed under new management. The new manager brought in different employees and gave the already existing ones fewer hours. The manager was unfair and biased. Otherwise, I enjoyed working for the company although sometimes they were very unorganized.
Pros
Always kept busy
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and enthusiastic work environment with a lot of communicative interactions.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 11, 2016
-A typical day of work consisted me constantly engaging with customers in a professional yet enthusiastic manner. I would usually build outfits or help them look for a particular item. I also would help out the cashier and check out customers.
- I learned a lot of communicative skills throughout this job. I also learned how to multitask due to working in such a fast-paced environment.
-I thought the management was great. They really seemed to form a relationship with each employer.
- My co-workers were also great. We all had great relationships with one another.
-The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude shoppers or shoplifters. These customers were either rude or hostile with us and the managers. However, it was these customers that taught me how to deal with problematic situations with professionalism and how to remain calm.
Pros
Discount on clothes or any merchandise
Cons
Short shifts
Over worked and under paid, had a lot of potential.
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJuly 10, 2016
After nearly 10 years in retail I really looked forward to the opportunity to work for this company, however once I was able to I was disappointed. I applaud the fact that they hire High School students as young as 16, however the location I worked at, basically had them do NOTHING and ALL responsibility fell on the one manager over the age of 21 in the store. And generally there was only one of us. That didn't teach the student anything about work, and overloaded the manager, very much so. Things did not get completed for this reason by the whole team, anyone under management had no sense of responsibility for the store and corporate was never happy and did not understand.
I loved that they did a lot of community outreach work. But if your store did not perform well based on what Corporate thought was acceptable, the managers were held responsible.
Compensation was decent, more than most retail places in the area, but not worth being overworked and stressed out. In all my years in retail I have never had a company care so little about the actual employees they select.
Pros
Community outreach, decent compensation
Cons
lack of humanization of employees from Corporate
Friendly
Made Sales (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 10, 2016
A lot of the co-workers and i have become great friends and i'm glad i worked there had a lot of experience and learned much.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short Breaks