Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Found 1,872 reviews matching the search
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day included maintenance of the overall appearance of the store, customer service, and handling customers orders. Overall I learned how to work in a fast pace environment while still providing quality customer service. I throughly enjoyed the management I was under and had a great relationship with my manager at the time of employment. The overall culture of the workplace was great and it was a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job was the late shifts when setting up for back-to-school season or when new shipments came. The most enjoyable part though, was working at the cash register and assisting customers with their orders.
Pros
Great people to work with and good atmosphere
Cons
Late shifts
Fun fast paced company with great values. Great clothing, great prices, great quality. Definitely a brand to be proud of!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 27, 2016
Aeropostale is a great place to learn organizational priorities. It's a faced paced, high productivity company. I had to learn organize time very efficiently. They have a great training program not only for management but for the associates, with special emphasis and skills they excel at. It helps build the team to the best potential and give the part timers a sense of leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Clothing styles not always competitive
Fun and Exciting Place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 10, 2017
A typical day at work entails being able to do the job right and not let your personal life effect your progress. I enjoy working with my fellow employees and we had great team efforts. Some worked at the cashier and others worked on the floor depending on your strengths. I always enjoyed working on the floor because it gave me an opportunity to help customers. I learned that even if you don't know what you are doing, you do learn a lot from the experience. The management was great, staff helped a lot to make the environment as freeing and open as possible. The team leaders and staff really did a good job enforcing change and controlling the flow of the products and what's being sold. The hardest part of the job can be the long hours and not being able to work on other priorities like school. I enjoyed being able to learn new things everyday and being able to help other people and be a part of my community.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Not able to progress, not focusing on school
I love aero!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Wonderful store staff and upper management. So much learning, coaching, training and room for growth! I can't say enough good things about Aero. Every store feels like a little family.
Pros
culture, room for growth, benefits, management
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland, ILMarch 22, 2017
Aeropostale has a strong culture and takes care of its employees.

there is decent work life balance. benefits are good and you are eligible after 30 days.

great people with long tenure who are committed to the business
healthy and competitive sales environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2017
I did not work there for very long so I don' t really have an in depth review to share.
- they had a healthy and competitive sales environment
- updated register and hardware system
- decent training and succession programs
However, they did just shut down a couple hundred locations so they may not be a good investment for a career.
Pros
hour lunches (even for part time)
Cons
company itself is currently not doing well
Great company
Managment (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2017
Great company to grow in. If you're looking to gain management experience this a great company to start out in. There are good benefits and job security.
Challenging and Rewarding Workplace
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2016
Culture was exceptional. Great leaders willing to work with you to achieve goals. Great training and incentives to grow as a leader. I learned how to drive results through talent, execution, and analysis of business metrics. The peer group was highly engaged and passionate. The store teams were the best part of the job. They are the most loyal, driven, and compassionate people i have ever worked with. The most challenging part was retaining top talent in a aggressive retail landscape.
Pros
People, Culture, Challenging, Compensation & Bonus
Cons
Retention, Workload
Not my favorite job
Retail Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 20, 2017
As much as I love retail, the work at Aeropostale was not ideal. One would stay there for endless hours of the night to set up promotions with a lot of the workers having high school the next mornings. However, I do love the aspect of marketing for retail, so it was a good experience.
Pros
retail, marketing, customer service
Cons
endless hours, harsh management
A fun and rewarding job experience.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDOctober 14, 2016
Aeropostale is a high energy and competitive fun place to work. As a company Aeropostale is a fun and rewarding job experience with great potential for promotion.
Pros
Excellent employee discounts and competitive wages
Cons
Long hours, working weekends and holidays required
Friendly, fun work environment.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 11, 2017
The company is great for personal growth, but lacks in compensation. Due to their chapter 11 filed there is now very little for growth. Raises are stagnant, as they have been for a few years. Professional, caring, and friendly environment to be in though.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses.
Cons
Compensation
Best first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 4, 2017
I was very nervous about the idea of starting my first job. Aero was a great place for to start my transition into the working world. The management team is filled with approachable, friendly people. I like to think of all my coworkers as family. A typical day at work consist of providing great customer service, this entails, greeting customers entering the store and helping them find pieces or creating an outfit. The hardest part of the job comes at the end of the day when the store has to be reorganized. It's sometimes a daunting task but my co-workers make the time past. The most enjoyable part of the job can also be another hard part, keeping the customers satisfied. Over my time working at Aeropostale I have learned to have patience. I have also learned that I like working and interacting with people.
Pros
great management, flexible hours
Cons
long nights
Good company. Different paths.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
The company was changing over when I was hired on. Management training was few and far between. A few glitches in the "system" but I do no regret my time with them. I appreciate the training I did receive, but expected much more.
Pros
Hours. Pay. Benefits.
Cons
Training.
The job is decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2017
The management is perfect. The recent CEO was not that wise. The clothes and employees suffered from the unprofessional bankruptcy.
The job was enjoyable thanks to my teammates and manager.
Pros
Great associate discount, great style options, great way to know different cultures.
Cons
wage is low
Good team to work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mercedes, TXOctober 29, 2016
Pay could be better for management for work load. Benefits for full time are decent. Advancement Is hard due to management tenure. Good first retail job.
Fun workplace to meet inspiring customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of ensuring that the fitting rooms were ready for customers by promptly clearing our merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor. I maintained selling floor presentations, and restocked them as needed. I inspired the customer to purchase items leaving the customer satisfied. The co-workers and management team were always energetic towards each employee and customer. The hardest part of the job was keeping the selling floor maintained but the most enjoyable part of the job was caring to the customer's needs and receiving a referral from the customers.
Pros
Connections with customers and co-workers, energetic environment.
Cons
Crowded setting, loud store music.
Exciting and Fast Pase
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 31, 2017
Great for a peoples person. Here you are constantly interacting with guest and management. Job culture is friendly. like minded individuals coming together to help people feel good about the product and price!
Amazing place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 10, 2017
When you find a job that you are excited to come to work, that's the kind of place Aeropostale is. My managers taught me anything and everything I needed to succeed. If I ever needed to change a shift the management team would be so understanding and would work with me completely. Aeropostale was such a fun, upbeat, and entertaining place to work, never a dull moment. The hardest part of my job was not being fluent in Spanish. I loved working at Aeropostale, the associates, and manager's cared about you as if you were related. It was a big family feel working there, everybody was important.
Pros
Awesome people.
Cons
Bilingual abilities
Fun work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 17, 2016
I worked at Aeropostale for 8 years. It was my first "real" job. I learned so much. I was a part of the management team for 5 out of those 8 years. I loved the people I worked with. They became family to me. I am still very sad my store had to close.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Work/Life balance
good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2016
Aeropostale in its own right is a good company. I enjoy the clothes as well as the brand. I love that they have several charities and also gives back to the employees as well. The management at my store was into being to superficial. I was always not being invited to team building outside of the store as well managers talking about me behind my back. I heard countless stories from employees confirming this. I really liked working there but I could not deal with feeling like I was in high school all over again being judged and made fun of while looking from the glass on the outside.
Pros
clothes, music, cologne scent in the store
Cons
management, trash talk, constantly moving on the floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.

80%