Aeropostale Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,487 reviews matching the search
Good first place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 16, 2016
I was 17 when I was hired and the management,and environment is very motivating , inviting, and welcoming. I learned how to handle customer concerns and handle cash. The hardest part of the job was not working as much as I wanted too. I would come to work early and work off the clock and try and stay as late as I possibly could. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating relationships with people who I worked with.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
short hours
Great Place To Begin
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 5, 2016
I was taught get leadership skills in Aeropostale. Dealing with customers all day, really helped me to become patient and calm. I will also satisfy the customer and give them the respect they deserve. The customer is always right and in retail it made me realize that it's true. My co-workers were very caring and understanding. When I first start working, my folding skills weren't all that great and my co-workers helped me. Now, I'm amazing. Overall, all the hard work I did to excel at in the stock room, and on the sales room, I learned a lot of skills for my next job.
Cons
Short breaks
There's no place like it
FT Specialist of Operations and Experience (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2016
Aeropostale has an unmatched family culture. We're highly committed to a top-notch customer service experience and are more than compassionate towards employees. It's not difficult to work here and attend to other life responsibilities as the schedule is incredibly flexible and ample PTO is provided to Full-Time employees. It's definitely a place that will forever remain in my heart.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, internal promotions, competitive pay
Cons
Leniency
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 13, 2016
This is a good place to work. We work as a team to accomplish goals. I have learned many great skills from working here. A typical work day involves checking the sales floor for opportunities to fill product. I process shipment that is delivered to the store along with organizing the stockroom. The team members at Aeropostale are great people. The hardest part of the job is being able to process large shipments in a timely manner due to shorter shifts.
Pros
Friends, fun place to work
Cons
Call ins
Aeropostale-Wonderful Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTApril 18, 2016
Working at Aeropostale was a great experience.While I was working at Aeropostale I would do many things throughout a shift. Sometimes I would be in charge of shipment or floor sets. Sometimes I would be working the cash register or helping customers. There were always great customers that came in to Aeropostale. The co- workers and managers were great too. It was like I became part of a family. It was a very enjoyable and fun experience working at Aeropostale.
Fun place to work, people come and stay for a long time!
Sr Manager of Strategic Projects/Planning (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJApril 17, 2016
It is never boring at work and in Store Ops we handle all different types of issues every single day. There are people that work in corporate that have transitioned in from our stores and that makes it easy to support the stores, this helps see the big picture easier. We are very hands on and very detailed which makes the job hard at times..but working closely together to achieve the same goals is easy because everyone cares to get it done, efficiently and accurately.
Pros
summer fridays, great eyecare benefits
Cons
hands on all of the time, no intense training, no cross training
Fast Pase
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 16, 2016
Working here wasn't that great for me because they weren't so understanding on my time flexibly. At the time I was still in High School so I wasn't available to work all the time, and sometimes they would call me in unexpectedly and when I wasn't able to come in they would mark it. Although I did learn how to manage my time more, and deal with customers. I also learned how to work and clean at a fast paste. Dealing with customers was also fun because one would help them finding the clothes they wanted and it was just fun.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
short breaks, not flexible
Productive and Education Workplace
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAApril 9, 2016
This was a great first job. There is so much opportunity to grow with Aeropostale. A typical day for me as a keyholder is to come in with a great attitude to help customers and make the most sales. This goes hand in hand with running the best business I can while I'm in the building whether it is customer service, merch flow processes, coaching, or business analyzing.
Pros
compensation for driving and mileage for meeting and helping other stores.
Cons
Great company to build your career with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
Aeropostale, taught me so much about being a strong leader, they have amazing training programs, and a team of people who really care about their store line teams. They are great at promoting with, and compensation for its employees.

Their is a sense of family within the company and after 4 years of working with them I have a large list of networking from people Ive met in the company.

The downside to Aero is that they have not comp'd their numbers in a very long time, and last year let go of 32 DM's and closed all of their children stores. Recently switched CEO's and just are not the front runners they have been in the past!
Pros
Educational, great structure, internal promoting
Cons
Not comping, not a lot of job security, long work hours
Fast pace environment dealing with customers.
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 30, 2016
Came in as scheduled and touched based with manager on duty to know what was going on the daily basis. I would take that information given and started on my duties and things that needed to be done. spoke with customers and met their need as well as instructing my associates on what tasks and goals to focus on the day. Learned about sales goals and how to meet each required basis with perseverance and hard work. Its a fun and fast pace environment to work in and have to meet daily goals to succeed.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2016
A typical day working at aeropostale is very smooth, The staff and management are very friendly and communicate extremely well. Over the time working at aeropostale my knowledge of retail has grown dramatically. The hardest part of the job is quick adjusting to fast paced retail environment. After adjusting the job is comfortable and exciting. There is never a dull day working in aeropostale. Overall i would highly recommend aeropostale as a great place for anyone to begin a job in retail.
Pros
Discounts, breaks
Aero
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2016
While working at Aero my duties were opening and closing the store,
maintaining visually appealing and effective displays for the entire store, consulting with customers on the latest styles and trends,offered exceptional customer service,keeping the showroom clean and maintaining neat, orderly product displays
The most aggravating part of the job was the lack of hours that I received.
Strong culture
Manager - Inventory Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 7, 2016
Even with the downturn in the company's fortunes, the management team in finance has done an excellent job managing cash and inventory position, even in the face of declining sales. Day to day involves a lot of ad hoc reporting to quantify a variety of inventory based positioning issues, particularly Aging and Vendor Receipts.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Occasional free ice cream and lunches
Cons
Shrinking staff, extra work
Friendly atmosphere. Close knit and hard working group
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 3, 2016
The office has a relaxed atmosphere. We dress casually and we will engage in playful banter from time to time. We are focused on completing our tasks in a timely and efficient manner. If assistance is ever needed, it will be given without much hesitation.

Since I have been there, I my Excel skills have improved dramatically. I have become proficient at auditing pay groups; I have become more detail-oriented. I have significant knowledge of our payroll processing system HCM/Dayforce.

My co-workers are friendly and helpful. Management is also very friendly and supportive. There job can be a little difficult at times, but, all in all, the experience has been pleasant
Easy going and happy environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 1, 2016
I love working for Aeropostale. When I applied back in the summer, I did not know it would be a great started job for me. My managers are hard working and very nice. They are really aware of how things should be done around the store . My only downside to working here is that my work days are not consecutive and I do not receive many hours and could be working only one day a week.
Pros
Easy going environment and Awesome managers
Cons
Hardly any work hours and low pay checks
Very fun and easy to work and the coworkers/managers are very good people.
stocker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be clocking in, organizing all clothing shelves, taking out new shipment clothes and organizing clothes to where its supposed to go. I learned a lot of different types of brands and I also learned that I love stocking. Management wise they were really understanding and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to reach tall places, other than that it was a good job.
My coworkers I worked with were really nice and they taught me a lot of stuff. The most enjoyable part of the job was really just working and working with a family basically.
Everyone was hardworking
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 6, 2016
The co-workers stayed on there toes to make sure all the customers were happy. Good music and cute fashion. Customers always left with smiles and employees stayed focused. Positive environment. Employees had some difficulty talking to one another and making me feel welcomed as a new co-worker. Wasn't happy to go to work some days. But other than that they were nice and understanding. good people just all were really young and all girls. Made the store feel too girly, not enough guys came in. Everything was updated and very neat and organized. you smelled different perfumes every minute from people trying the testers. I personally liked them just too strong for some people to breathe it in.
Pros
smiling faces everywhere, good music
Cons
fashion very reveling and strong smells at register
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Everyone was very friendly and had great energy. I only worked as seasonal and made a lot of new friends in the process. A typical day at work would be walking into the store to say hello to your coworkers behind the cash register. Once you go into the back room to put away your coat, a manager would come to the back and greet you with a smile and remind you to listen to the goal of the day. The goal of the day would be a manager's voice recorded, talking about the days sales goals and to try and make sure that we reached that certain goal everyday. Everyday we would try and overcome the previous day's amount. Every employee was always cheerful, which then made the customers cheerful and happy to shop around.
Pros
Friendly bosses
Cons
Short breaks
Customer oriented environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNApril 18, 2016
I worked with a great team. Each day there was something new to learn and to work at. The hardest part of the job was after hour floor sets. Some times the floor sets would not go as planned and take awhile longer. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and working with my employees.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
unexpected work hours
Daily/Monthly goals, tasks, hours need to complete were accurate
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIMarch 21, 2016
Open store, review communication, note important tasks in order of priority. This management position allows you to learn how to manage a million plus store, the amount of time, number of employees and the needs of the business are calculated within a reasonable set schedule.
Pros
Organization of the company
Cons
Limited growth in market