Aeropostale

Aeropostale Employer Reviews

Associate Store Manager (Current Employee), Birch Run, MIAugust 29, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, leadership
Cons: work/life balance
If you work hard, you will be rewarded. Good development and corporate leadership.
Aeropostale
Cash Lead (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: working with a strong team
Cons: long closing shifts after great sales
A typical day at Aeropostale was ensuring sales where being driven and customers where taking advantage of current promotions. Ringing customers when lines where extremely long and handling voids and corrections when needed.
Fun and Energetic Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Countryside MallAugust 23, 2014
It is a super easy job. It is a lot of fun and you get great discounts on clothing. This company takes care of their employees really well. My coworkers are really nice and easy to get a long with.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: short shifts, meet new people
Cons: no benefits
I would fold clothes and work with many people my age. It was fun working in a clothing store as my first job. Management was very understanding with us, employees.
meet great people
stock/sales associate (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 18, 2014
great environment as well as employees. great management team and great company
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Carmel, INAugust 18, 2014
Aeropostale was a great place to work. A typical day included; restocking the sales floor, greeting customers, handling returns, and tending to the cash registers.
Friendly work place
Sales Associate/ Merchandise Flow Associate (Former Employee), Adrian, MIAugust 11, 2014
Everyone was friendly to work with.The management always did a great job and making sure to meet our scheduling needs and to help us to do our best at our job.
Enjoyable work environment with a lot of sales experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILAugust 11, 2014
Pros: clothing discounts, closely knit team, and a caring managerial staff.
Cons: not many hours available, sometimes the store was slow, and un-boxing large shipments.
I would usually open the store with one other manager after we ensured the store was in pristine conditions including a clean floor, appealing clothing displays, and an overall enjoyable atmosphere. I would assist customers in clothing selections, sizes, and price options while catering to their specific tastes. I would then check them out myself and – more... handle all cash and debit purchases.

I learned how to sell and how to appeal to certain peoples personality types. I was able to figure out certain peoples tastes and find an outfit that fit that.

The management taught me everything in a hands on manner. They cared about my personal life and well-being which made me feel valued and appreciated.

My co-workers were very trustworthy and hard working individuals who valued the customers and the product. Everyone was very energetic and close because we would usually work side by side for most of the days.

The hardest part of the job was organizing the store room because of the sheer size of our shipments. Finding stuff in there could sometimes be a challenge.

The best part of the job was helping someone find something that they really liked. When they left with a smile, you felt proud of what you accomplished. – less
Great work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 10, 2014
my management team was very easy to work with. Although the training aspect was not there for new employees, the resources to find out the information on your was there for you; which is exactly what I had to do!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pearland, TXAugust 9, 2014
friendly people and customers. they taught me a lot of how to work in retail.
Terrible upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MarylandAugust 9, 2014
Pros: discount, pay
Cons: poor upper management
I worked at the same store for 5 years.. Dm had too many favorites. Managers were dating each other and it was allowed. He only promoted people who kissed a**. Store managers did all his work for hIm. The company was very strict on dress code and had stupid rules about. Was great in the beginning and then slowly went downhill. Which is why they are – more... probably closing stores down and not making money. I had to run my store because DM always had my SM doing his job and got no recognition for it'. They do pay decent but that's about it. Other districts may not have been as bad. I may have just had a terrible DM.. And yes he is still with the company... – less
Fun, slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great discounts on clothing
Cons: can be boring when business is slow. long periods of time standing
this is a great starting job for anyone in high school or just graduating from high school. They are very flexible with schedules for part time employees and there is always room for growth within the company. There are important sales goals that one must hit every day also.
N/a
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Fun while it lasted. Management went from a fun atmosphere to something unpleasant. People were put into the wrong places and went all over the district.
Pretty Fun Place to work
Assistant Store Manager/Merchandising (Current Employee), Osage Beach, MOAugust 6, 2014
Pros: contests, clothing discounts, and fun music
Cons: only break was a lunch break, killing too many trees
I had a pretty great time here, I'm still here. Typical day is open the store up, fill the floor of needed product, prepare paperwork and get on with selling to our guests! I learned that basically all retail is the same, even if it's a completely different business that sells a distinct type of merchandise. Management was pretty good, and I was a part – more... of that. We all made sure all decisions were fair, and worked as a team to get projects completed. Hardest part I'd say were the launches every month, just because of the time crunch. I mostly enjoyed being able to step back and see what I had accomplished. – less
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Delton, WIAugust 3, 2014
I loved working here!! It was a great part-time experience!
mostly fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 1, 2014
requires hard work and dedication but if you have a great team you can accomplish anything. having time management and setting achievable goals for the team is key in success
Fun and energetic working environment
Sales associate (Former Employee), Midland, TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: good employee discount, lots of smiles, friendships
Cons: short breaks
I always looked forward to going to work, it always always soo much fun and i got a long with everyone there. There was never a dull moment with my co-workers and managers. A typical everyday thing would be recovering non stop and helping our customers look for their size in whatever they were looking for. I learned to give, aero had a lot of donations, – more... we had a program called aero gives and every christmas we got cute little bears and we would take it to little kids whose parents didn't have money to provide them with gifts and also we had aero cares and the jean drive. We would donate a pair a jeans and get e new pair for free and sometimes people would donate the new pair just to give it for someone in need. The hardest part would have to be dealing with customers who were plain rude, and gave you a nasty attitude for just trying to help them look for what they were looking for. The most enjoyable part was when we closed, we would put on our music and just jam out as we recovered and cleaned it took us a very long time to finish our tasks but it was always fun, we always made sure that we had fun with whatever we were doing. – less
sometimes fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short break
hours were bad to many managers they all never agreed and i learned about different types of clothing and how to approach people and help them when in need
Great
Team Member (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 31, 2014
Great it was fun learned alot great for a first job you learn alot in the feil the peopl are great the pay is ok and the managment is awesome.
Retail
Sales (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: theft
Easy going environment
Friendly
Cashier
Helping people with clothes and prices

1 2 3 4 5

About Aeropostale

Aéropostale flies high in the world of youth fashion. The retailer operates more than 1,050 mostly mall-based stores under the – Read more