Aeropostale
1,065 reviews

Aeropostale Employee Reviews

good place to work at to meet new people
sales assiocate (Former Employee), waterloo outlet mall Waterloo New York 13165July 26, 2015
Pros: you had a discount on buying clothes, you get to improve your social skills
Cons: there is no health care, short breaks, dont get alot of hours
typically a day at work was so busy, we were on our feet 24/7 always having something to do. Even if we didn't have customers, we fold clothes and clean the windows and floors.
Stressful work environment
Sales Associate and Merchandiser (Current Employee), Sandy, UTJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Pay
Aeropostale is a very busy environment. I learned my skills in organization, social, and customer service. The management team was disorganized and had very little communication skills. All of my co-workers were fun and easy going. The hardest part is the pay. The feeling of pride at the end of the day.
Great career advancement oppurtunities
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2015
Great place to work if you perform your job as expected. It's very easy to grow and advance throughout the company. The company is always finding new ways to help out their communities.
A company that trains you to be well rounded
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), ‘Aiea, HIJuly 22, 2015
This company was a great place to work. They made sure that you was well rounded and knew about every job responsibility.

In a matter of months I got promoted to part time to full time. Then in a matter of a year i got promoted to full time stock, and then one more year after that i became an assistant store manager.

So this company had taught me a lot of things to help me grow in the retail career.
Not a Great first time in Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lee, MAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Nice co workers, nice area.
Cons: Management, hours.
Maybe it was just management not being great. Gave me barely any hours and never took me off being door greeter. No hours meant little money so had to leave. Played favorites it seemed.
easy going work area
Cashier/Returns & Exchange (Former Employee), Maple wood, MinnesotaJuly 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount.
Cons: unsteady scheduling
From working at Aeropostale I learned a lot about working and figuring things out on my own when my manager isn't available to get to me. The hardest part of the job was probably not getting enough hours as I wanted and we didn't have a steady schedule. our hours was based on what our manager wanted to give us.
Fast pace environment
Part-time Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2015
Co-workers are friendly, they are the best part of the job. There is always something to do, never bored. There has been a lot of changes in the company.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDJuly 20, 2015
Was a typical Sales/ Retail job. I did have great co-workers that made the job enjoyable at times. I learned how to enter act with customers.
Fun workplace
CASH WRAP SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Farmington CTJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great employers and employees
Cons: There was a lot of thiefs
I enjoyed working for Aeropostale. I grew a lot within the customer service field. They were very flexible with my hours and my school. I learned a lot from the managers and they helped me become a great cash-wrap specialist. I also learned how to speak Spanish working there.
Great experience for first job in retail.
Sales assosiate (Former Employee), chicago, ilJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Learn how to use the register and learn retail.
Cons: I dont get enough hours
I really enjoy helping the customer find what they are looking for, for example size of a shirt or pants. The store was well organized and a nice environment to work in.
Its great for a first job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Loveland, COJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Cute, fun, friendly
Cons: short term
I started working here after I graduated high school. It was perfect for my first job. The discount was fun and the environment was great. Being here was fun, but it want for me after two years.
Too task oriented with Managers
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Everything
Managers do all the work period. You will be expected to do serious marketing and remerching work daily. This company has no sense of allocation so you have to constantly battle with new promos every week. Sometimes twice in 1 week on a Saturday if they feel extra special that day. Basically you are held to such a high standard and yet the company is going nowhere. They will not be in business much longer.
Store dedicated to turning shoppers into clients.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2015
Great store for young adults with trendy, comfortable and great quality clothing. At this store, I increased my merchandising repertoire and learned all facets of running a store effectively.
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2015
Some of the pros to working here would be the discounts you get 1 50% off a month on anything you want, and you get unlimited 30%. This may not sound good but when the clothes is on sale already its so cheap. Another pro would be the pay you get 7.75 starting which is higher than Abercrombie and Hollister. Another pro would be that they are very flexible with your schedule. Now with the CONS: The customers that tend to shop at Aeropostale are rude and the majority of the time are foreign and do not know one bit of english. So you need to have great patience. Another CON would be that the managers seem to leave in less than a year.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ManhattanJuly 15, 2015
Very fun and exciting experience for young individuals that want to get to know a retail environment. Everyday is a new experience to meet different people around New York, typically interacting for sells purposes.
passion working with clothes
sale associate (Current Employee), roseville,MNJuly 15, 2015
I learned that being in a team I should always work extra harder because it can affect others in the team. Working in the morning, I get to know more about my co workers, and my managers. I enjoy working with my co workers, and getting to know people is another part that I enjoyed.
Interesting Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Locust GroveJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Decent Salary
Cons: High Turnover
I came into the company at an odd time. I wouldn't say it's the worst place to work but I definitely would appreciate a little more organization and hands on training. I will say the company has a huge interest in Visual Merchandising and executing launches. This would be great for someone who is a strong merchandiser.
It was a good experience, learned a lot, fun workplace, and full of good vibes.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio,TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: reasonable luch breaks
Cons: hours.
my job at Aero was a usual routine just start my assigned projects after I punch in. and complete them as possible. helping customers making sure the customers is getting all what they need. so keeping a face pace. Must be energetic.

At Aero I learned how to work more with people, talk to people more often as in coming out of my comfort zone. how to closed the store when dealing with the late night shift. I learned how to multitask, and how to make up easy ways to deal with the projects that I am working on. like for instance, starting from the front to the back of the store, for recovery. And also take care of the customers. Also, I learned how to work the cash register, from the exchange clothes to discounts. how to bag clothes. make sure the money is in order. and register drawer is closed. and I am logged off the register for the next co-worker to used.

Management was supportive taught me a lot, prepared me for a lot of things I needed to know and learn. My co-workers was easily to get alone with. they were very helpful, they shared their first time working at Areopostale. Gave suggestions that helped a lot.

The hardest part of the job is multitasking and not forgetting what all needs to be done. For instance, recovery, opening stock rooms, ringing up customers items, knowing what each customer needed help with while others may be asking questions as well. and going back finishing the project. and helping a worker if needed as well. so the back and forth completing everything can be at first challenging.

The enjoyable part is talking to the customers. most of them would make my day with friendliness, and silliness. I just enjoy helping people it is what I love to do.
A good job for high school kids. job for high school kids.
Merchandise Manager/Assistant Manager/ Sales (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 14, 2015
A good job for a college kid to pay bills, not necessarily if you are looking to move up in the company. Crazy hours, but decent pay and fun environment.
An overall great experience for a first time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 13, 2015
I would start off the day by clocking in then listen to the days quota and expectations for the day. After I will see the floor manager on which section of the store I would be working. The best part of the job was actually having something to do or otherwise it would get boring once your section was all clean.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aeropostale

Aéropostale flies high in the world of youth fashion. The retailer operates more than 1,050 mostly mall-based stores under the – Read more

Aeropostale Salaries